Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    I thought he did well today... defended well and put in a decent ball or two. He's a unit as well. Tho I think his future is at cb.

Great win tbh. Hard to play with 10 men for 90 mins and win. Henderson was f*cking appalling.

ricero wrote: »
    Harsh i thought he had a very solid game

Maybe I'm being harsh on him, just always seems to have a stupid mistake in him.

On Henderson, hopefully 90 mins today means we won't see him Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Henderson is the elephant in the room this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Think we can put Gomez firmly in the Martin Kelly and Andre Wisdom section of Liverpool defenders.

Thought he was fairly solid. Don't think he's going to be a full-back long term though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Gomez done ok for a CB who isn't a WB......sloppy in possession too many times though.....that midfield lacks creativity and guile and has the habit of sucking the life out of the forward play every time they receive the ball. Defensively good, done much better when Salah and Solanke came on.....Happy enough, 1 point better off than at this time last season but plenty of space in that squad to bring some quality in.....

Gerrard must have left his underage game very quickly today to get to the BT game and be on tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Let's keep it positive, eh - we still haven't lost at Anfield in the PL since the pitch was relaid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

The room is packed with elephants - there's a whole herd of them!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

shamrock55 wrote: »
    great 3pts and looking back a solid enough performance I suppose,robertson and mane the stand out players today,our midfield needs serious improvement though

Keita would have been nice there. :(
    Offer RB a **** ton of money and sell Coutinho for more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Feels odd to say it but big props to Klopp for making some massive changes today. Bringing on Salah at the 60 minute mark being the first surprise considering he doesn't normally make changes that early, and then bringing Solanke on for Wijnaldum and going to a 442.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Gerrard must have left his underage game very quickly today to get to the BT game and be on tv.

Takes an hours drive to stoke from liverpool. Your constant snipping at a club legend like gerrard is tiring.

Back to the game and i was also impressed with robertson and solankes cameo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,388 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Matip very good today. Would be nice to get him a solid partner back there.

Bournemouth conceded a Liverpool-esque goal to Watford today.

I really like Matip. He seems to suffer when there are will o the wisp defenders such as Moreno and Lovren next to him, especially the former. Put a no nonsense - but limited - stopper beside him, like Klavan, and he defends really well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,881 ✭✭✭✭klose

Good win, average first half and much improved the second half. Happy to see klopp make changes and still get a result, I thought we dealt with Palace quite well but then again this certainly ain't the palace on last season. Couldn't believe when they were 1 down and were taking short corners.
    Still clear as day we need more players in, there's no way klopp can be serious when he says he's happy with what he has at his disposal. Think Robertson looked good, gomez done good all things considered too. Out front 3 if fully fit is well capable of stuffing teams, if I was Barcelona manager I'd be looking at buying mane instead of phil as he's the real deal 15-20 goals from the wing if he stays fully fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,942 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Bournemouth conceded a Liverpool-esque goal to Watford today.

Palace conceded a Liverpool-esque goal to Liverpool today!

Matip very good today. Would be nice to get him a solid partner back there.

Yup. Exactly what he needs.

Takes an hours drive to stoke from liverpool. Your constant snipping at a club legend like gerrard is tiring.

Hope the tongue is firmly in the cheek when talking about tiring posts. :pac:

I've been learning and taking lessons from a master like yourself.

tenor.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

The Elephant that we're all talking about...

tbf he's started seasons slowly before and come good but he's massively out of form right now. A liability.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'm delighted with that win today, it'll soften the blow of losing to Kerry tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

mosstin wrote: »
    I really like Matip. He seems to suffer when there are will o the wisp defenders such as Moreno and Lovren next to him, especially the former. Put a no nonsense - but limited - stopper beside him, like Klavan, and he defends really well.

Agreed, Klavan is a long way from being The Answer, but Lovren just keeps falling to pieces and spreading chaos. With Klavan, his deficiencies are at least relatively mundane, rather than panic inducing.

Fairly shocking that this is the choice we're discussing...

Klavan's biggest limitation seems to be his speed, but he is solid. He's not going to spectacularly backflip trip himself like Lovren, or take some fancy at a dribble. I would trust him more. Shows how bad we need another CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Love 1 nil wins

corwill wrote: »
    Agreed, Klavan is a long way from being The Answer, but Lovren just keeps falling to pieces and spreading chaos. With Klavan, his deficiencies are at least relatively mundane, rather than panic inducing.

Fairly shocking that this is the choice we're discussing...

Jinx

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Jinx

Yeah, dammit. Perfect hattrick of OGs on Wednesday?

Journo Ian McGarry is saying VVD will sign for Liverpool on Thursday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Did'nt see the game yet going to watch it now but that result was badly needed. Just looking at the stats on the BBC it looks like we should have put double figures up, 78% posession, 24 shots etc.

Fairly sure that was just him giving his opinion.

Had hopes raised so many times this summer about signings that 'reports' like this wash off me now.

• Advertisement

Fairly sure that was just him giving his opinion.

Yep, he was just surmising, no sauce at all, not even a dash of Lea & Perrins.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Missed d game..how did Gomez play. Only Robertson getting a mention on the radio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Did'nt see the game yet going to watch it now but that result was badly needed. Just looking at the stats on the BBC it looks like we should have put double figures up, 78% posession, 24 shots etc.

Only really opened up after goal. Before that it was very frustrating. I do like the change of attitude where they are trying to kill the game rather than defend a lead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Can watch motd tonight:)

Can watch motd tonight:)

I'd say he'd be to busy doing his hair to watch highlights of a game he didn't play in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Jury's still out on Matip too for me,a half handy game against a Palace team that did feck all won't turn Bambi into a stag just yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Jury's still out on Matip too for me,a half handy game against a Palace team that did feck all won't turn Bambi into a stag just yet

Any defender is only as good as the players around him. Rubbish like Moreno and Lovren will do him no favours at all. He is the least of the problems in that back 4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

rob316 wrote: »
    Any defender is only as good as the players around him. Rubbish like Moreno and Lovren will do him no favours at all. He is the least of the problems in that back 4.

He looked miles better today.

He might have issues around physicality so it'd be advisable to pair him with a bit of a unit, like Van Dijk, but he's much more composed on and off the ball.

I don't think it's a coincidence that we looked steadier. Rather than having a dangerous attack to deal with every 5 minutes, we instead had more like 1 all day.

Part of that is the opposition, but it's not all of it.

Moreno can never be allowed to play for this side again. He has to stop it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Was watching the game with my brother and those were the exact words we used. He was dreadful today. We need to have a quality squad that means he should not be in the first 11. I think firmino and sturridge looked very frustrated with.him on a few occaisions.

I thought our 3 midfielders today were very average

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Was watching the game with my brother and those were the exact words we used. He was dreadful today. We need to have a quality squad that means he should not be in the first 11. I think firmino and sturridge looked very frustrated with.him on a few occaisions.

Yep...a couple of times you could see Firmino gesturing for him to keep the ball down.

• Advertisement

Yep...a couple of times you could see Firmino gesturing for him to keep the ball down.

That long, slow, lofted sideways ball... What is it supposed to achieve, bar give himself and everyone else a breather, while robbing a move of all momentum?

corwill wrote: »
    That long, slow, lofted sideways ball... What is it supposed to achieve, bar give himself and everyone else a breather, while robbing a move of all momentum?

In his defence, he probably heard Gerrard being praised for doing the same thing in his final two seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,468 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Would be silly not to bid on Keita again on last day of window. RB lose a lot of money if they don't except, offer them 69.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    I thought our 3 midfielders today were very average

i find them all very similar in style. That is why it would be a massive blow if coutinho was to leave and also with lallana out

Would be silly not to bid on Keita again on last day of window. RB lose a lot of money if they don't except, offer them 69.

We've bid twice and they've said no. Offering to fellate them won't help I don't think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,685 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Offer them 96 and appeal to their sensitive side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Hot Tip:

Next weekend's game between Liverpool and Arsenal to be the league's first 8-8 draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,497 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Leipzig are 2 down away to Schalke.

Get off that sinking ship Naby!

Arsenal still a goal down. Think lots of teams will drop points they shouldn't this season - worryingly, United look like the team best equipped to grind out wins when they're not at their best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Arsenal still a goal down. Think lots of teams will drop points they shouldn't this season - worryingly, United look like the team best equipped to grind out wins when they're not at their best.

Arsenal seem to have the same problem as last year.

Nice to see we're not the only ones.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement