Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Benimar wrote: »
    It will be interesting to see if Coutinho is called up to the Brazil squad given his, ahem, injury.

If he is I can't imagine Liverpool will let him travel. 12 hours on a plane would be murder on his back :)

Let him go, just don't organise a private jet to bring him back faster like the last few times, leave the little bollix find his own way back.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

I see people are presuming Phil is on strike, is there any info to back that up. The club could have decided it would be unsettling to have him playing till it is resolved, by him being sold or the window closing or him saying he wants to stay. Not playing him is more likely to be the club not wanting him to get injured or harm his value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

City to buy Messi for €300m.

We should counter Barca's bid for Coutinho and match Luis buyout clause and help Barca lose their front 3.

Media mention of a 4th barca bid of £130m being prepared, the accrual plan not detailed and it's from The Express.

sword1 wrote: »
    I see people are presuming Phil is on strike, is there any info to back that up. The club could have decided it would be unsettling to have him playing till it is resolved, by him being sold or the window closing or him saying he wants to stay. Not playing him is more likely to be the club not wanting him to get injured or harm his value.

He handed in a transfer request, family members said his relationship with Klopp is sour and there's no trust there, when Barca bid he came down with a back injury and there is some reports he said he never wants to play for us again......It could be all tabloid stuff but I personally doubt theres an injury, as would a lot of people. I wouldn't presume he's on strike but I would doubt we'd rest him unless his head is completely turned and unable to give us 100%, that in itself is a bad sign.....

• Advertisement

The only incentive we have to sell really at this point is if the player becomes a major disruption. Many think he'll get the head down but many didn't think he'd hand in a transfer request either.

If Barca were to offer a real incentive to sell they'd offer 130M or so up front and I think at that price we should probably look to sell, but only if we can secure a Draxler/Keita type player. I've no confidence in the club getting such a deal done.

Coutinho will be here after the window closes because the owners pretty much backed themselves into a corner by releasing a statement that we would not sell. I'm perfectly fine with that but I can see the match going proud fans really turn against him. He's no Suarez and I can see him getting a lot of stick when he goes through a few inevitable bad spells.

NukaCola wrote: »
    He handed in a transfer request, family members said his relationship with Klopp is sour and there's no trust there, when Barca bid he came down with a back injury and there is some reports he said he never wants to play for us again......It could be all tabloid stuff but I personally doubt theres an injury, as would a lot of people. I wouldn't presume he's on strike but I would doubt we'd rest him unless his head is completely turned and unable to give us 100%, that in itself is a bad sign.....

There's no injury, just not sure it's all his side is the reason he is not playing, more a tactic by the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,637 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Klopp says in interviews it's a club decision that coutinio doesn't play so I don't know if he's on strike or Fsg protecting their 100,000,000 asset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Coutinho could dig his heels in if he was so inclined any other year, but the World Cup is next summer and he has to be playing weekly football. Everything is in Liverpool's favour here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's the World Cup that is why FSG are keeping him, I'm sure if this were last year or next year and the same deal were on the table they'd have taken it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/899224987793580032

Much of a muchness really although the "like a new signing" phrase will be bounded about if he's fit for the Christmas season.

It's the World Cup that is why FSG are keeping him, I'm sure if this were last year or next year and the same deal were on the table they'd have taken it.

Think they're keeping him because they know the uproar that would happen if he just goes. They've failed spectacularly to sign the players that they said they would and selling the 'best' Liverpool player on the back of not strengthening the squad again could cause major unrest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Seems to be one or two almost willing the club to accept any bid as they were so sure he was gone a few weeks ago.

It's being reported now that Juve are interested in signing VVD.

It's being reported now that Juve are interested in signing VVD.

Can't see that. Juventus are far too financially savvy to offer the kind of money that Liverpool were willing to pay.

Can't see that. Juventus are far too financially savvy to offer the kind of money that Liverpool were willing to pay.

They probably want him on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Is the cout deal an upfront payment or instalments. It's mixed on where you read.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Seems to be one or two almost willing the club to accept any bid as they were so sure he was gone a few weeks ago.

I never thought he'd go tbh, and I still dont, but 130M up front and a few good signings/replacements and I'd be ok with it. Also fine with him staying.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

They'll probably somehow convince Southampton to sell him to them for 25m or something.

They spent €80 on a striker last summer so they do spend money and their defence has aged badly and they also sold one of their best CB's to Milan.

• Advertisement

I never thought he'd go tbh, and I still dont, but 130M up front and a few good signings/replacements and I'd be ok with it. Also fine with him staying.

I was against his sale but I am softening to the idea now. The main reason I am against his sale is that the price of any target will go up drastically the same as it has for Barcelona so if you sell before you buy it don't think the money is worth anything to you. Everything is relative.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,371 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

If Liverpool got a properly structured deal for Coutinho for 100 odd million and were able to go to Paris and get Draxler for 50 odd million I don't think you lose out on talent at all and have 50m extra in the bank. I'd think if such a deal was achievable it'd be a no brainer imo. Obviously getting Draxler to join is one thing but given you're in the CL this is a big chance to get players in

Mahrez doesn't really bring anything Salah or Mane doesn't so wouldn't be rushing out to him. There's 50m there to go for a decent striker on top of the VVD money and Keita money. So roughly 180m to get a striker, CB and DM type player. Given in the last year or so United have signed Bailly and Mkhitaryan for less than 30m there is still quality out there for good prices. It's hardly chump change and they've known about this bid for a while so should have been planning.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

They probably want him on loan.

With Liverpool paying his wages.

I'd be of the same opinion. I'd rather see the replacements in before he goes though.

I'd let him go for that kind of money up front.

I'd let him rot for they way Barca seem to want to break it down over five seasons and with add-ons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

emo72 wrote: »
    It will look really bad if his back clears up for the Brazil match, then it flares up again straight after it. I think the word is brazen.
    It's a much nicer word than the one I would use.

Were you thinking of the 2nd line too?

Were you thinking of the 2nd line too?

:D

Something along those lines, yes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Barca got a 198 million euro cheque for Neymar. That's actual money they have in the bank. They're insane if they think any club will accept installment payments from them when the world knows how much money they have from the Neymar deal on top of any transfer budget they already had in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Would Mahrez not be a 'luxury' player? Kinda like Ozil in that he's great to have when 3 up against the lesser teams but pretty much playing with 10 when you have to try grind a result out.

perhaps a bit but when mane or salah get injured we need someone else to slot in,he's perfect for it imo.. mane isnt great at tracking back either. think we should try for him.

• Advertisement

Rafa is turning into Paul Heyman.

Sort of similar to folk being seemingly delighted Henderson isn't in top form..... yet Bobby gets a pass.

Intriguing enough really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Sure let's just rest the whole team, then they can't get injured or depreciate either...:pac:
    He's only an asset on the pitch,off it, it appears that he's just an ass

r. Given in the last year or so United have signed Bailly and Mkhitaryan for less than 30m there is still quality out there for good prices. It's hardly chump change and they've known about this bid for a while so should have been planning.[/QUOTE]

Mkitaryan was a great signing but the player has to want to come to you and the transfer cost is not only about the fee the club gets. He got an 8million euro sign on fee and a four year contract at 12.5 million euro a year before bonuses. So 58 million euro minimum for four years before bonuses. I am not knocking the signing I am just saying that it is not an example of a cheap signing overall

Mkitaryan was a great signing but the player has to want to come to you and the transfer cost is not only about the fee the club gets. He got an 8million euro sign on fee and a four year contract at 12.5 million euro a year before bonuses. So 58 million euro minimum for four years before bonuses. I am not knocking the signing I am just saying that it is not an example of a cheap signing overall

Cheap compared to a transfer fee of £60m for Virgil that we would allegedly be willing to pay.

Augeo wrote: »
    Cheap compared to a transfer fee of £60m for Virgil that we would allegedly be willing to pay.

We should try to sign spurs target sanchez from ajax, my point was that he was given as an example of a bargain but that whole deal is over 100million euro for four years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Barca got a 198 million euro cheque for Neymar. That's actual money they have in the bank. They're insane if they think any club will accept installment payments from them when the world knows how much money they have from the Neymar deal on top of any transfer budget they already had in place.

Agreed. The arrogance of them is really annoying - LFC and BVB hold all the cards. I recon that Real will give them a wake up call this season, well at least up until Christmas and then they will spend like crazy if they haven't by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Part of me would love it if Messi got taken off them too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Griezmann has a 87m release clause. Would be good purchase is Coutinho was lost.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Griezmann has a 87m release clause. Would be good purchase is Coutinho was lost.

Isn't he a united fan?

I'm sure he will end up there eventually...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Seems a bargain alright.

• Advertisement

Alderweireld has a crazy low buyout/release clause £25m I think off hand at Spurs and wants to double his wages from £49k a week to £100k and Levy isn't willing to pay him more than £70k a week.

Now we signed Lovren to a new £100k a week contract at the end of last season.

Why the hell aren't we and every single major club in Europe matching the best defender in England's buyout/release clause and paying him £100k a week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Some good news on Lallana anyway.

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/899224987793580032

I was wrong in an article saying Adam Lallana may only be back fit in December. Liverpool still expect November.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Alderweireld has a crazy low buyout/release clause £25m I think off hand at Spurs and wants to double his wages from £49k a week to £100k and Levy isn't willing to pay him more than £70k a week.

Why the hell aren't we and every single major club in Europe matching the best defender in England's buyout/release clause and paying him £100k a week.

Was that not the clause when spurs signed him? Feels so unlike Spurs to include something like that in a contract. I'd be all over it anyway if its true.

Looking at it now and it doesn't become active til 2019...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

I hope I'm wrong on this but Lalanna will be back 6-8 weeks and then pick up another injury. He seems to be a fairly fragile lad, the type of player who will never go a full season without a 2/3 months out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,717 ✭✭✭firemansam4

At a guess I would say its probably partly both, Phil has probably kicked up a bit of a fuss behind the scenes, maybe refusing to train or play, and the club know that it is probably best to come up with the injured back story until the window closes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

He doesn't have one. He wants one put in the contract he's currently negotiating, however which is why there is a hold up as Spurs obviously don't want to give him it.

He wouldn't be still at Spurs if he had a 25m release clause, to be fair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/843635/Liverpool-Transfer-News-Jurgen-Klopp-Philippe-Coutinho-Barcelona-Neymar-Gossip

As if I can't love him any more :

Klopp was asked by a Brazilian journalist after the defeat to "With the rumours of Barca paying £130m for Coutinho, will he leave?"

The Kop boss smiled and said: "They didn't offer that, we said no, yet they offered, I think tomorrow they will offer a McDonald's Happy Meal and we get the toy as well!?"

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Harambe

Fieldog wrote: »
    http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/843635/Liverpool-Transfer-News-Jurgen-Klopp-Philippe-Coutinho-Barcelona-Neymar-Gossip

As if I can't love him any more :

Klopp was asked by a Brazilian journalist after the defeat to "With the rumours of Barca paying £130m for Coutinho, will he leave?"

The Kop boss smiled and said: "They didn't offer that, we said no, yet they offered, I think tomorrow they will offer a McDonald's Happy Meal and we get the toy as well!?"

I'm not believing that for a second unless I see video evidence.

Only an hour and a half until Barcelona **** off.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

U23's had a strong side out for Sunderland winning 3-0

Virtue X2 and Brewster.

DHq9_Nqe_XYAAz_Yo_U.png

Here is footage of a Norwegian midget who some think is the most exciting midfielder since Joe Cole Messi.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement