Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Here is footage of a Norwegian midget who some think is the most exciting midfielder since Joe Cole Messi.

That ball for McAuley was {kisses fingers like Italian chef}.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

A blond Maradona

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

A point ahead of Chelsea, spurs and arsenal .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

20 minutes until the deadline gets here.

Im terrified. No wait, bored.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

We actually have a point more than this stage last year so shouldn't we be positive?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hang on, it's already gone seven in Spain!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Knex. wrote: »
    He doesn't have one. He wants one put in the contract he's currently negotiating, however which is why there is a hold up as Spurs obviously don't want to give him it.

He wouldn't be still at Spurs if he had a 25m release clause, to be fair.

It's a weird one - as I understand it, there is a release clause - but it only becomes active if the option to invoke the one-year extension on his current contract is taken up.

So Spurs are trying to negotiate a new contract, so they don't need to use the one-year extension, but he's still pushing for a release clause in the new contract too, though likely far higher.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

murpho999 wrote: »
    We actually have a point more than this stage last year so shouldn't we be positive?

Never!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Well get ****ed Barca with your charity bid.

Time to put the head down now Phil and put in the sort of performances that will have Barca and Real banging down Liverpool's door next summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Saw a report from former journalist ian mcgarry who said that klopp told the club he would walk if they sold coutinho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

The same one who said we were signing Van Dijk by Thursday?

ricero wrote: »
    Saw a report from former journalist ian mcgarry who said that klopp told the club he would walk if they sold coutinho

Is he no longer a journalist because he always gets the story right, either way you would hope that Coutinho would not be sold unless the manager was in agreement that it was the right decision. What manager would want to be in the position of having important players sold without their agreement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Gerrard is saying VVD is crucial to Liverpool's chances of success.

We should pull out all the stops to sign him including getting a transfer ban I guessing leaving us rightly fcuked.

Really wish he would keep his mouth shut and get on with his job as under age coach.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,640 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

We should pull out all the stops to sign him including getting a transfer ban I guessing leaving us rightly fcuked.

Really wish he would keep his mouth shut and get on with his job as under age coach.

A transfer ban, you mean like a full year when nobody of consequence is signed.....

That sounds familiar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,956 ✭✭✭dzer2

A dream of a situation FSG

• Advertisement

Ryan Kent going on loan to a German club.

https://twitter.com/Oliver__Bond/status/899331354088878080

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Jim Corr would blush at the number of conspiracy theorists on this thread.

mosstin wrote: »
    Jim Corr would blush at the number of conspiracy theorists on this thread.

Are you saying that you don't believe 9/11 was staged

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

if phil does not get his move,one thing i really hope does not happen, i really hope he does not get a new contract with a big raise and a release fee. he has years left on his contract he signed in January and put in a transfer request in august,he does not deserve a raise no fckin way.

play your way to a raise .

if phil does not get his move,one thing i really hope does not happen, i really hope he does not get a new contract with a big raise and a release fee. he has years left on his contract he signed in January and put in a transfer request in august,he does not deserve a raise no fckin way.

play your way to a raise .

If he stays it will more than likely be with agreement that a move won't be blocked next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Why would they get a transfer ban for bidding for a player at this stage?

I think Gerrard is entitled to say what he wants as it does not interfere with his coaching role which does not require him to work 24/7 you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

I call bull**** on that claim.

I don't see Klopp doing anything as Juvenile as that and I certainly don't see FSG allowing themselves to be given an ultimatum by an employee. As a matter of principle they should sack any employee who tries to tell them what they can and can't do with the club they own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Klopp, the man who had massive ,success with Dortmund while routinely letting his best players leave to their biggest rival, would quit his job if a player got sold?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I call bull**** on that claim.

I don't see Klopp doing anything as Juvenile as that and I certainly don't see FSG allowing themselves to be given an ultimatum by an employee. As a matter of principle they should sack any employee who tries to tries to tell them what they can and can't do with the club they own.

FSG really cant do no wrong in your eyes and some other

"The leader is good, the leader is great"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

sword1 wrote: »
    If he stays it will more than likely be with agreement that a move won't be blocked next year

Exactly, there'll be a grumpily accepted gentleman's agreement by Coutinho with the club and he'll go for a still quite silly sum after the WC. Obviously the club will be clever enough to make sure any deal is done after Brazil win it!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,517 ✭✭✭passremarkable

Was at the game yesterday. Was very pleased with Robersons performance, not sure how good he might have looked on tv.Sturridge's pace looks gone, just by looking at a couple of sprints he couldn't make that burst. Klopp def had one on midweek. All in all 3 points was vital but this transfer window has been shameful to say the least.

Kent could be off to Red Bull on loan :pac:

Who needs any back up wingers anyway?

btw sack Karius

vbbG45Q.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Kent could be off to Red Bull on loan :pac:

Jaysus - they won't sell us Keita and now they've gone and gotten a player on loan...?! There better be a caveat to this...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Jaysus - they won't sell us Keita and now they've gone and gotten a player on loan...?! There better be a caveat to this...

He is going to a German club but which one hasn't been announced yet so just guess work by some on social media grasping at straws hoping a deal for Keita can still be done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

sword1 wrote: »

That's fine,no raise though,fck that

That's fine,no raise though,fck that

He is already the highest paid player at the club and by handing in the transfer request he will have lost any loyalty bonuses he has attached to his contract.

They won't offer him a new contract or pay rise for at least another 3/4 years if he is still at the club by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

You do realise they haven't done anything wrong here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Look towards Hannover, Stuttgart or Hamburg...;);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Unlike you I base my opinion on evidence not bias.

FSG have taken the club from the brink of bankruptcy to financially stable, with an expanded stadium and have employed one of the worlds best management teams who they have provided very significant transfer funding to.

They are the facts.

That Mr Klopp isn't capable of spending those transfer funds because of his self confessed preference to either get his target or no one at all is not a responsibility of FSG other than they may eventually have to sack him for being negligent in that regard. I hope that's not the case but everyone has their blind spots and ultimately if Klopp doesn't strengthen the squad when funds are available and the team fails to qualify for CL and fails to challenge for the PL they will have to replace him.

You seem to be of the opinion that FSG should step in and buy players whether Klopp wants them or not and force him to work with them. Correct? Incorrect?

You also seem to think that the people who own the club and the only people who have money at risk invested in the club shouldn't be permitted to make financial decisions about the club including if another club makes a stupidly excessive offer for a player who has undoubted talent but who is also quite an inconsistent performer.

I hope Coutinho doesn't go but if FSG accept an offer for him I won't get my knickers in a twist. He is one player and no player is irreplaceable.

Unfortunately I'm old enough to remember similar arguments when Kevin Keegan left the club. The world was going to come crashing down, the club would never be the same again blah blah blah and guess what? His lesser known replacement (Kenny Dalglish) didn't turn out to be too bad.

Also, when the chance came for supporters to pitch in together to buy the club through ShareLiverpoolFC not too many keyboard warrior critics stepped up and pledged £5,000.

I did. Did you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Is everyone else getting Error 502's all day? Driving me nuts.

FSG stopping us from chatting!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Big DDOS attack on Irish sites over the weekend.

• Advertisement

All I'm getting is &1C£&0 errors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,501 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Barcelona must be tapping up the hamsters at Boards HQ, they've gone on strike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

martyos121 wrote: »
    Barcelona must be tapping up the hamsters at Boards HQ, they've gone on strike.

Trust no one.
    https://twitter.com/Jrmadrid_/status/899346048371634176

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Reports saying that Draxler has been put up for sale by PSG for £32m.

No brainer if true.

SlickRic wrote: »
    Reports saying that Draxler has been put up for sale by PSG for £32m.

No brainer if true.

There should be around 20 clubs in for him at that price. It's suspiciously cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

martyos121 wrote: »
    There should be around 20 clubs in for him at that price. It's suspiciously cheap.

I wonder would he come to us, considering he chose PSG over us...

Klopp may not have been happy with that one of true

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »
    I wonder would he come to us, considering he chose PSG over us...

We're in no position to be petty over things like that. If he wants to come now, bring him now. Salah turned us down before, different manager at the time to be fair, but the owners and fans didn't mind one bit when he arrived this summer.

I'd hope Jurgen isn't stubborn enough to close the door on Draxler this time around.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Fieldog wrote:

Don't worry we won't bid for him anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,479 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lucas Moura didn't make squad for PSG. He has a decent record, 45 goals, 47 assists for PSG. 19 goals in all competities last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Augeo wrote: »
    Media mention of a 4th barca bid of £130m being prepared, the accrual plan not detailed and it's from The Express.

It's not actually £130m. I'd cross out all the add-ons and stipulations on the offer and then say no. 130m and one pound, cash, or **** off.

Klopp worked with Sahin again, he didn't freeze out Lew when ran his contract down,
    Gotze likewise

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement