Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Luis21 wrote: »
    Thats a tad vague :D

Tis all over the twitter thingy..

5starpool wrote: »
    Hardly. I assume you are going off the new Rangnick stuff where he says it would be pointless for them to sell him this summer given that they won't be able to do a lot with what they'll get compared to what they'll get next summer?

Yeah, I'm clinging to the hope that he means why not sell him now rather then wait 12 months on the release clause and maybe get the same or less..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,214 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

Luis21 wrote: »
    Thats a tad vague :D

I'd say he means for next summer
    RB Leipzig have confirmed that Liverpool submitted two bids for midfielder Naby Keita, both of which were rejected out of hand, but they are resigned to letting his go on the cheap next season.

Keita was the focus of a protracted and ultimately unsuccessful pursuit for much of the summer by Jurgen Klopp, with the Reds seeing bids of £57m and £66m rebuffed by the Bundesliga runners-up.

However, it is understood the Guinean has a release clause of £48m which will be activated next summer and Leipzig’s manager Ralf Rangnick admits it will be difficult to prevent clubs from taking him at the end of the season.

“There were two offers from Liverpool and in between times also a telephone call between the clubs,” Rangnick said. “But not between me and Jurgen Klopp.

“For us, it was always clear that we would not give Naby Keita. That is why there was no direct contact.

“Every club that has sporting ambitious would have done the same as we did.

“But we must weigh it up. If we let Keita go for €70-80m this year, what more would that bring us compared to the sum we would get next year?”

However, with Keita showcasing his talent in the Champions League for the first time this season, Rangnick admitted that sometimes players outgrow their club too quickly and they have to be allowed to move on, hinting at Keita’s exit next summer.

“Sometimes, players develop even faster than the club,” Rangnick added.

“When he plays a season like last year and, if possible, in the Champions League too - then we might be able to let a player join a big club and live with it.

And yes, I clicked into the wrong thread initially now off to the summer transfer thread I go!

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If he has another season like his last one, we won't have to worry about signing him next summer.

I'd say he means for next summer............

If he has a good season there'll be more than us interested in him.
    Also, even this window if they were willing to sell would it surprise anyone if another club swooped?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Ojo in his ear all season saying sign for Liverpool would that be tapping up now that they are teammates?

I dunno.

Somehow because they are friends, Pogba hanging out with Lukaku all summer and saying he had dinner with him to convince to join United didn't constitute tapping up a player.

Maybe Ojo can start saying the same!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

dogbert27 wrote: »
    I dunno.

Somehow because they are friends, Pogba hanging out with Lukaku all summer and saying he had dinner with him to convince to join United didn't constitute tapping up a player.

Maybe Ojo can start saying the same!

Ojo's tapping up would probably consist of something like "they'd monitor you, make a low offer, annoy your club, then if they do get you, play you a few times and send you off on loan. Go to Spurs."

5starpool wrote: »
    Ojo's tapping up would probably consist of something like "they'd monitor you, make a low offer, annoy your club, then if they do get you, play you a few times and send you off on loan. Go to Spurs."

Sessegnon "So that makes me the new Clint Dempsey!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Predictions for tonight?

I think corners will let us down again.

2 - 2

Mane, and Salah with the goals..

Predictions for tonight?

2 - 2

I think you're being a bit harsh there on the corners. They turn up every game and stick to there positions. Never think they're something they're not, like a centre circle for example.

Now Lovren on the other hand......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

What time is the next Barca bid due? An hour before kick off?

Turtyturd wrote: »
    What time is the next Barca bid due? An hour before kick off?

I'm waiting for the Pique interview where he'll say Coutinho is a slave and should be free to leave :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Predictions for tonight?

2 - 2

1-2.

They went unbeaten at home last season but have sold their two best players. I reckon we'll do a Sakho - look sh*t but somehow pull it off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I'm going to tempt fate that we get a clean sheet tonight!

1-0, Firmino pen...

Predictions for tonight?

2 - 2

I don't think corners is the worst player we have..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Dickerty wrote: »
    I'm going to tempt fate that we get a clean sheet tonight!

1-0, Firmino pen...

Dickerty, Hoffenheim fan, 2014

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Who's got the cojones to get the match thread going?

(I do not)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

x43r0 wrote: »
    Who's got the cojones to get the match thread going?

(I do not)

Im 0 for 1 so I'm out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Hoffenheim is a town of just 3,000. Matches are played in the nearby town of 30,000 which is also approx capacity of stadium.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

brevity wrote: »

Clean and simple. No frills. I like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

brevity wrote: »

Also on BT Sport 2 for those in the North

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Also on BT Sport 2 for those in the North

Those damned Nordies and their watchable picture quality! :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,287 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Well BT Sport for those in Ireland 2 I assume they don't block it out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

cup of tea, muesli. Gunna put the kettle on again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Pathetic stuff from peter moore on this afternoons twitter. The trolls are getting to him still

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

TV3 in HD via Sky for me

Probably with the sound off though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

ricero wrote: »
    Pathetic stuff from peter moore on this afternoons twitter. The trolls are getting to him still

Genuinely have no idea what you're talking about, just checked his tweets from today and he's doing nothing but chatting with fans and talking about getting ready for the game later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

What, this? :pac:

https://twitter.com/PeterMooreLFC/status/897474302529949696

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

I hope Coutinho is in tonight's squad, fit or not, and Koop throws him on in the 4th minute of stoppage time after the 90.

Just to pi$$ in Barca's cornflakes.

Genuinely have no idea what you're talking about, just checked his tweets from today and he's doing nothing but chatting with fans and talking about getting ready for the game later.

Hes spoken out against the trolls again in the last hour. Man needs to step away from the computer if he cant handle it. Hes a magnet for trolls now

Top 10 pathetic Peter Moore responses from this afternoon's Twitter. Number four will shock you.

I hope Coutinho is in tonight's squad, fit or not, and Koop throws him on in the 4th minute of stoppage time after the 90.

Just to pi$$ in Barca's cornflakes.

He's not been named in the squad anyway and has been said 1000 times playing in the qualifier does not stop you from playing for another team in the actual Champions League.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Has the guy not got more pressing **** to work on at LFC? Really don't understand it. It would be like me chatting about food all day on twitter if I were LFC CEO.

Hes spoken out against the trolls again in the last hour. Man needs to step away from the computer if he cant handle it. Hes a magnet for trolls now

What, this? Yeah he really lashed out there.

f63ee57b8f22f6bad3dfddb9a622bba1.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Be great if you followed your own advice

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Is he doing Tony Barrett's job on Twitter now.

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    Has the guy not got more pressing **** to work on at LFC? Really don't understand it. It would be like me chatting about food all day on twitter if I were LFC CEO.

He just likes the attention. Same as most Twitter users.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Be great if you followed your own advice

Ah be nice. You cheered me up anyway i got some laugh out of your comment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Ah be nice. You cheered me up anyway i got some laugh out of your comment

You are one negative dude. I get the outrage but only if we DO sell Coutinho and we DON'T strengthen our defence etc. Nothing is decided yet.

Same side as Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

20863248_10155884480332573_5397038317024262415_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=d98e1c1f71f3cbad07f731c3527d4d18&oe=5A2022C4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

What was the point in buying Robertson if we're not gonna use him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Vicxas wrote: »

{pure divilment after a few pints} Maybe he's a TC signing, rather than a Klopp's signing?{/pure divilment after a few pints}

2 games...a bit early to be drawing the conclusion he won't be used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

We need Milner to replace Coutinho. We then need Moreno to replace Milner. We got Robertson in to replace the devastating loss of Enrique it seems.

#progress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

It's two games... doensn't really say all that much just yet.

To be honest - I actually thought Moreno was quite good over the weekend. If Robertson had put in Moreno's performance, I think reports would have been largely positive.

I still absolutely don't think he's good enough in general, but perhaps Klopp is basing his decisions on what he's seeing in games and training. Perhaps Moreno is just in a good bit of form and deserves the chance?

I expect (or at least hope) to see both Hendo and Can playing deeper this evening, with an emphasis on defending first and foremost, and playing on the break, pushing forward wide, and then bringing the ball inside in the final third. Can dropping between the CB's, and Hendo covering whichever fullback has moved forward into an attacking position.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

corwill wrote: »
    {pure divilment after a few pints} Maybe he's a TC signing, rather than a Klopp's signing?{/pure divilment after a few pints}

A few and a few is eight, enjoy the game if you last that long

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Need an away goal. Milner should be playing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement