Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

martyos121 wrote: »
    Maybe we should sign Michail Antonio then

0rEXRXW.gif

Just as long as he costs more than Everton have spent and City have spent on Kyle Walker.

Gotta give ricero credit though. Proof that if you say something loud enough and often enough you'll get people who'll start to believe it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Maybe we should cut out the middle man and buy this guy as our dancing Homer

818592089.jpg

James Chew not Suarez, although I'm not averse to that signing either. Any signing actually, don't care who as long as we spend loads on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Or ruin the club. We are on a stable upward trajectory now. Just nèed to make some damm signins

Ke the right signings to progress.

How have Chelsea or Man City been ruined by their owners apart from winning the league on multiple occasions?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

punk_one82 wrote: »
    So what? They put in a 150 million bid just to see if they can 100% get the player they want? That's not how it works. The evidence shows the money is there to be spent. If there are no other players coming in then I don't see how anyone can be blaming FSG for that.

Because the money isn't there to be spent,well it's there but fsg wont ****in spend it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

murpho999 wrote: »
    How have Chelsea or Man City been ruined by their owners apart from winning the league on multiple occasions?

SOULLESS..

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Or ruin the club. We are on a stable upward trajectory now. Just nèed to make some damm signins

Ke the right signings to progress.

This is the whole point,we won't be making signings,none worth a **** anyway because our owners won't spend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

See a comment in the Mirror along the lines of Liverpool having seen off Barcelona's advances for Coutinho must now focus on repairing their relationship with the player. Surely "repairing their relationship" begins and ends with an apology from Coutinho for being a git?

Star is saying Barcelona still hope to sign him this summer.

Tabloids are gas.

not yet wrote: »
    SOULLESS..

As opposed to Trophyless?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

shamrock55 wrote: »
    This is the whole point,we won't be making signings,none worth a **** anyway because our owners won't spend

So, to be clear, you think Klopp said he wants players and FSG are saying no? And you think Klopp is ok with this?

What about the 60M+ bid for Keita? A purposely low bid for him so we wont get him?

• Advertisement

not yet wrote: »
    SOULLESS..

Seriously on this, it's just romantic rubbish.

What soul are people talking about?

Every matchday people are on here complaining about how quiet Anfield is on match days.

I don't think any Chelsea or Man City fan is complaining about what Abrahmovic or Mansours have done for their clubs and the success they have brought.

Speaking of the owners, they also attend more games too than our owners who only attend Anfield once every 3-4 months which shows how much they really care.

But it's ok lets carry on winning nothing, whilst slowly building for the future and ensuring the club is well run and maintains its balance sheets and soul.

murpho999 wrote: »
    And there's no back up?

VVD is the only centre back in the whole world that would be an upgrade on Lovren and suit Klopp?

I find that totally bizzare.

I reckon FSG would finance any CB Klopp wanted, Klopp seems almost fixated on Virgil and only Virgil.

I find that bizarre really, the chap hasn't played a game in 8/9 months, although he's allegedly training to Klopp's instructions so should (if you believe everything you read) hit the ground running if we do land him.

NukaCola wrote: »
    So, to be clear, you think Klopp said he wants players and FSG are saying no? And you think Klopp is ok with this?

What about the 60M+ bid for Keita? A purposely low bid for him so we wont get him?

Would it suprise you if this Was The case

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

I'll ask it again but I'm guessing you won't answer.

How EXACTLY would you like FSG to get involved in transfers other than providing Klopp and his management team with transfer funds which Klopp appears reluctant to spend unless it's for VVD and Kieta?

Would you like FSG to bypass Klopp and just buy players for him to use?

How do you think that would work out assuming Klopp would still be manager 5 minutes after they dropped some unwanted player on his lap?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Jesus, this place....

Just watched the Inside Anfield from the Palace game. Two noticeable pieces of class from Klopp - hugging Robertson before he went on, and seeking out Loftus-Cheek after the game to congratulate him on a cracking game...

Augeo wrote: »
    I reckon FSG would finance any CB Klopp wanted, Klopp seems almost fixated on Virgil and only Virgil.

I find that bizarre really, the chap hasn't played a game in 8/9 months, although he's allegedly training to Klopp's instructions so should (if you believe everything you read) hit the ground running if we do land him.

Hope it's not the Bambi on ice training method our other defenders are on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Would it suprise you if this Was The case

I think it would. I cant see Klopp being happy with it or owners be so irresponsible with recruitment. FSG has backed every manager with signings, they may not have been great signings or "super" expensive but they were backed. The accusation that they aren't backing Klopp seems ridiculous to me.

Looking at the most realistic scenario, Klopp wants players who are not available and should have moved on to other targets. Why Klopp is getting away with the failure in the transfer market is a bit surprising to me.

I'll ask it again but I'm guessing you won't answer.

How EXACTLY would you like FSG to get involved in transfers other than providing Klopp and his management team with transfer funds which Klopp appears reluctant to spend unless it's for VVD and Kieta?

Would you like FSG to bypass Klopp and just buy players for him to use?

How do you think that would work out assuming Klopp would still be manager 5 minutes after they dropped some unwanted player on his lap?

How do you know they have provided Klopp with funds? All I've seen is them putting in bids they know will be rejected,works out very handy for them,pleases alot of easily led fans

Augeo wrote: »

VVD wont be ready to play for a few weeks fitness wise, and tactics wise it may take a long time to integrate correctly anyway, as with any player.........I cant remember who suggested he's training to Klopps instructions but its fantasy stuff tbf, no way any player can learn a system by not training in the system with other players but on their own. I doubt we'll bid anyway.

Looking at the most realistic scenario, Klopp wants players who are not available and should have moved on to other targets. Why Klopp is getting away with the failure in the transfer market is a bit surprising to me.

I think Klopp is convinced if he holds his line and doesn't buy alternatives to VVD and Kieta that the pressure from the players will force either RB Leipzig and/or Southampton into doing last minute deals.

The question is who will blink first.

It's a high risk strategy. If he pulls it off he'll be the master of the universe, the big swinging dick etc. but if RB Leipzig and Southampton hold their line and flat out refuse to sell regardless of what offer they receive (the same way we've told Barca to eff off regardless of what offer they make for Coutinho) he's going to be left holding his dick and could end up scrambling around for some CB backup cover.

I personally admire his balls and laser like focus but it's high risk and it could be the undermining of him if it doesn't work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

How do you know they have provided Klopp with funds? All I've seen is them putting in bids they know will be rejected,works out very handy for them,pleases alot of easily led fans

Your 'theories' would carry a small bit more weight if Keita and VVD had been sold by their clubs. The fact they are still at RB and Southampton might mean, oh I don't know, that their clubs don't want to fcuking sell!

You know, a bit like Liverpool and Coutinho?

As I expected. You didn't answer the question I asked.

You have a conspiracy theory that FSG and Klopp are in cahoots to fool the fans by deliberately low balling offers for VVD (wasn't the reported £60m bid a world record for a defender?) and a similarly lowball offer of £70m for a relatively unknown Kieta playing in the Austrian league.

On the unlikely off chance that your theory is a complete crock of $h1t and that FSG have in fact provided Klopp with transfer funds which he is refusing to spend how EXACTLY would you like FSG to get involved in buying players?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Jesus christ this place needs a plague, or a transfer.

I think Klopp is convinced if he holds his line and doesn't buy alternatives to VVD and Kieta that the pressure from the players will force either RB Leipzig and/or Southampton into doing last minute deals.

The question is who will blink first.

It's a high risk strategy. If he pulls it off he'll be the master of the universe, the big swinging dick etc. but if RB Leipzig and Southampton hold their line and flat out refuse to sell regardless of what offer they receive (the same way we've told Barca to eff off regardless of what offer they make for Coutinho) he's going to be left holding his dick and could end up scrambling around for some CB backup cover.

I personally admire his balls and laser like focus but it's high risk and it could be the undermining of him if it doesn't work.

I can understand that stance with Keita absolutely.....our midfield isn't perfect but it can tick over for another season. The CB situation though.......its far too risky unless they know something we dont. Assuming injuries dont happen we'd probably get away with it but 3 out of that back 4 have been out a lot with injuries, its something we have to plan for. Thats before we even discuss the quality of the CB's. I hope it works out, I'm a big fan of Klopp's but I dont understand why he's making it so hard on himself with recruitment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Not bringing in an alternative CB & CM is all on Klopp and no one else.

FSG have shown they are financially willing to back Klopp on any player he wants.

If you want FSG to buy players behind Klopp's back for the sake of spending more money than Everton and as much money as one Kyle Walker you would then be blaming them for not trusting Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

D'Agger wrote: »

"I've got ham but I'm not a hamster"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Vicxas wrote: »

Ah it will all be fine once the season starts.

Oh wait....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Well that was an interesting read.... To be honest I wish I hadn't but it was like a car crash, you just can't look away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

So people gave out saying Mario was signed by the owners and then give out that the owners don't sign players behind klopps back?

Stop being children. FFS why would anyone want to make a signing for the sake of it?

Ridiculous bull crap.

We have two targets and we're willing to spend huge money that would take it s to a 200million spend. But their clubs don't wanna sell.

Next summer however we can get one of them half price and the other we might get if things settle between the clubs.

We don't have back ups because klopp doesn't want anyone else. Maybe he feels our young lads or squad players are as good or have the potential to be as good as any back ups. Giving Trent Gomez and grujic game time could be valuable in the long term. Who knows, they might show we don't need to buy mediocre second choice played for 20-30 million a head

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Personally I don't think you can bring up FSG's naivete without acknowledging Klopp's stubbornness, and vice versa. It's a perfect storm of transfer market incompetence. The idea that we could end up adding nobody when we've been actively trying to sign both a world-class defender and central midfielder is mind-boggling.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Terms agreed with kovacic is the latest rumour, no mention of a price or terms agreed with real though. Supposedly turned down a 70million bid from juventus last week so it would be a big deal if it goes through.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

sword1 wrote: »
    Terms agreed with kovacic is the latest rumour, no mention of a price or terms agreed with real though. Supposedly turned down a 70million bid from juventus last week so it would be a big deal if it goes through.

Seen that too but the rumour was from the Daily Star so i snubbed it.

Another Fake bid by FSG.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

sword1 wrote: »

No ****ing way? I'd be ecstatic. He's a fantastic footballer. Wanted him back when he was with Inter.

Be very surprised if Real were open to letting him leave.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Vicxas wrote: »

I think it's normal that there is some discontent. The overwhelming consensus at the outset of the summer was we needed more strength and depth in the squad. I don't personally see how someone could objectively say that we've attained that to the necessary degree.

The anti FSG stuff is whatever*, and I'm a big Klopp fan. But I'm having a hard time projecting a positive outlook for the season given that the squad is rocking out with some of the exact same deficiencies that caused a fairly horrendous multi game stretch after Christmas of last year. Anyone ignoring that is putting their fingers in their ears and screaming 'la la laaaa don't want to hear youuuu'.

*And regarding the FSG stuff, it may be a tiring debate for some, but it can't be argued that mistakes seem to happen from the club as a whole every year. Big incompetent mistakes. Getting caught in the cookie jar for VVD; breaking rules around youth transfers; and issuing a statement about Coutinho not going anywhere to be immediately followed up by a transfer request from the player are all irritating things. Long term they have done some good things, but commercial improvement in the context of increased money in the Premiership generally and an undervalued asset at acquisition is one thing. Competently running the footballing side of things is another.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm doing well in Fantasy Football, so there's that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Competently running the footballing side of things is another.

This is the only fault with the owners as I see it.

Liverpool should have signed Monchi. Or someone like him.

brevity wrote: »
    This is the only fault with the owners as I see it.

Liverpool should have signed Monchi. Or someone like him.

Well, they should have replaced Comolli instead of abandoning the DoF idea. Deals for Willian, Salah, Konoplyanka, Mkhitaryan, Alli, van Dijk and god knows who else have all fallen through despite all looking close to done.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

A lot of anger on here. Even for me it's nearly too angry.
    I think after well over 18 months a lot are entitled to be disillusion. This summer we had 3 main targets to improve the starting xi. We got 1 & I'm tired of hearing about not wanting alternative targets cause we need to improve the squad & there are a lot more than 5 players that could do it. We have constantly missed out on targets for a very long time now & it hasnt changed under Klopp either which makes me think it's above him that is where questions need to be asked too.
    We always seem to have a bench with players well off form, not passionate/good enough to make the starting XI & kids with no experience.
    I think right now the fear is missing out on the champions league place next year & having teams aggressively peruse Mane & Coutinho as they are our best 2 players by a distance.

• Advertisement

Wonder what team will start tomorrow night. Trent back in for Gomez, but Klavan and Robertson surely did enough to retain their spots.

Can in for Henderson, perhaps, and keep Wijnaldumm and Milner in the middle too. Salah for Sturridge then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Knex. wrote: »
    No ****ing way? I'd be ecstatic. He's a fantastic footballer. Wanted him back when he was with Inter.

Be very surprised if Real were open to letting him leave.

He's a very good player but he hasn't featured as much as he'd like for Real I'm assuming - he seems down the pecking order anyway but he's only 23 so would be a very good investment

Pearce reporting Coutinho's reintegration into the squad won't happen till after the international break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Klavan was made a mug of for that Benteke chance. He let situation escalate until it was out of his control. Should have dealt with his player fast and decisively. Just another of our CB's who gets walked all over.

Klavan was made a mug of for that Benteke chance. He let situation escalate until it was out of his control. Should have dealt with his player fast and decisively. Just another of our CB's who gets walked all over.

At least he didn't grab the player and kick him conceding a penalty in the most important game in a while in the CL qualifiers. Not setting the bar high though.

At least he didn't grab the player and kick him conceding a penalty in the most important game in a while in the CL qualifiers. Not setting the bar high though.

Exactly why its hard to believe that VVD is the only defender we can bring in that would improve on this.

Even another Lovren standard defender would increase the competition, which in turn would boost the performance levels in a little bit, you would think.

• Advertisement

Moreno on his left makes Lovren half the player, IMO. When there's a competent LB who is reliable and predictable Lovren's positioning and decision-making sees him though most games. A wildcard lunatic who bounces off attackers and frequently loses possession in danger areas puts the sh*ts up poor Dejan, and he doesn't have the quick thinking or fleet feet to handle the situation.

Hopefully we see Milner back at LB tomorrow. Which is one sentence that should tell you how this window has gone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Barca are going to go for Keita now that they can't get Phil

Barca are going to go for Keita now that they can't get Phil

but but but I thought he was going to wait a year for us to sign him on his current deal so we can activate his release clause cos he's a dyed-in-the-wool top red now etc etc

I think we'll definitely see movement of player's after tomorrow's game, especially if we win.

If we don't then we're in a bit of trouble with regards achievement this season imo.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Hopefully we see Milner back at LB tomorrow. Which is one sentence that should tell you how this window has gone.

What about our new LB that had a really good game at the weekend for us? :confused:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement