Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

We should just offer double the release clause price for naby keita and 70 million for van dijk.

Got to spend this 200 million war chest fsg promised lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Barca are going to go for Keita now that they can't get Phil

Seems a bit daft. RBL have no issue with us, it's not like Southampton and VVD, they're simply refusing to sell.

How are Barca going to achieve something we couldn't unless RBL actually do have a selling price for Keita.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ricero wrote: »
    We should just offer double the release clause price for naby keita and 70 million for van dijk.

Got to spend this 200 million war fsg promised lol

No we shouldn't... That's just stupid.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Knex. wrote: »
    Seems a bit daft. RBL have no issue with us, it's not like Southampton and VVD, they're simply refusing to sell.

How are Barca going to achieve something we couldn't unless RBL actually do have a selling price for Keita.

Well unless they think barca are willing to give them alot of the 200mill they got for neymar it wont happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Got to spend this 200 million war fsg promised lol

You have to let the 200M thing go. They never promised it. It was journo drivel. If anything the credibility of the journalists involved should be questioned.

You give out a lot about signings, I'm not having a go as we all had a bit of a moan, some more than others admittedly, but what if we brought in a CB and CM that cost 30/40M combined? Is it a money thing you are annoyed with or just recruitment of personnel in general?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Seeing as some posters on here think that milner playing improves us and the fact that Jimmy is super versatile, could we not give him a whirl at CB? He couldn't be any worse than the incumbents and seems to command his area. With Robertson on the flank, we'd shore up that area nicely (apart from high balls in but how many teams play hoofball anymore?).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

jonnycivic wrote: »
    What about our new LB that had a really good game at the weekend for us? :confused:

He was better than I expected but looked a bit nervous defensively. And I assumed that seeing as he has only one game under his belt - one in which the manager rested the majority of tomorrow's starters - that he won't be picked ahead of Moreno or Milner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

NukaCola wrote: »
    You have to let the 200M thing go. They never promised it. It was journo drivel. If anything the credibility of the journalists involved should be questioned.

You give out a lot about signings, I'm not having a go as we all had a bit of a moan, some more than others admittedly, but what if we brought in a CB and CM that cost 30/40M combined? Is it a money thing you are annoyed with or just recruitment of personnel in general?

Clubs never come out and say they are going to spend X but they do give information to certain outlets.

It was reported by the Liverpool Echo in April that Liverpool would have £200m to spend. Article here.

Many regard the Echo as reliable and as a mouthpiece from the club and I don't believe they just made this up.

Of course it's easy to dismiss it as journo drivel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

FSG should give Red Bull a 50% stake in the club for Keita.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Benimar wrote: »
    Your 'theories' would carry a small bit more weight if Keita and VVD had been sold by their clubs. The fact they are still at RB and Southampton might mean, oh I don't know, that their clubs don't want to fcuking sell!

You know, a bit like Liverpool and Coutinho?

that's because no one else has bid for them, watch barce put in a bid of 70 for Keita and get him,if this happens it shows I'm right about fsg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

murpho999 wrote: »
    Clubs never come out and say they are going to spend X but they do give information to certain outlets.

It was reported by the Liverpool Echo in April that Liverpool would have £200m to spend. Article here.

Many regard the Echo as reliable and as a mouthpiece from the club and I don't believe they just made this up.

Of course it's easy to dismiss it as journo drivel.

Ian Doyle wrote it though. Isn't it only considered reliable from the echo if Pearce writes it?

That "article" btw reads like an opinion piece. Its basically 100M + sales in which Sturridge is counted as 20M sales.......looks like drivel to me. Not all articles should be considered reputable.

"Liverpool have improved as a selling club, and are likely to drive hard bargains for most departures.

They are asking £30m for Sakho. Sturridge, you'd imagine, would attract around £20m. Markovic £15m. Moreno likewise, at a push.

There's an extra £80m. With other fringe players and youngsters, it could be nearer £100m."

Who wrote it. Ian Doyle or BorneTobyWilde? Thats the article you are putting forward that "proves" we were willing to spend 200M?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Seeing as some posters on here think that milner playing improves us and the fact that Jimmy is super versatile, could we not give him a whirl at CB? He couldn't be any worse than the incumbents and seems to command his area. With Robertson on the flank, we'd shore up that area nicely (apart from high balls in but how many teams play hoofball anymore?).

#uthball

As I expected. You didn't answer the question I asked.

You have a conspiracy theory that FSG and Klopp are in cahoots to fool the fans by deliberately low balling offers for VVD (wasn't the reported £60m bid a world record for a defender?) and a similarly lowball offer of £70m for a relatively unknown Kieta playing in the Austrian league.

On the unlikely off chance that your theory is a complete crock of $h1t and that FSG have in fact provided Klopp with transfer funds which he is refusing to spend how EXACTLY would you like FSG to get involved in buying players?
    TBH I think your theory of Klopp not wanting to spend money is more a crock of **** then fsg not wanting to spend it,do you think Liverpool just picked these figures out of the sky,southampton and Leipzig would have given them a figure for their players,even though they say they won't sell every player has a price,it could have been say 70m for vvd and 80 for Keita so fsg then put in what looks like big bids knowing they wouldn't be excepted

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭JimboJones99

ERG89 wrote: »
    A lot of anger on here. Even for me it's nearly too angry.
    I think after well over 18 months a lot are entitled to be disillusion. This summer we had 3 main targets to improve the starting xi. We got 1 & I'm tired of hearing about not wanting alternative targets cause we need to improve the squad & there are a lot more than 5 players that could do it. We have constantly missed out on targets for a very long time now & it hasnt changed under Klopp either which makes me think it's above him that is where questions need to be asked too.
    We always seem to have a bench with players well off form, not passionate/good enough to make the starting XI & kids with no experience.
    I think right now the fear is missing out on the champions league place next year & having teams aggressively peruse Mane & Coutinho as they are our best 2 players by a distance.

I have a little bit of sympathy for Klopp, FSG & transfer committee as I think the problem is that when they sat down initially to discuss their targets and what they were willing to pay for them, they probably thought that their was no way that Southampton & RB Leipzig would turn down the bids considering the amounts involved and didnt think of alternatives as much as they might have done. But this transfer window has taken on an entirely different persona than previous ones with clubs taking back a bit of the power mainly due to not actually needing the money, especially for English teams and Red Bull would certainly fall into that category also.

However it was still an oversight not to have alternatives. Our lack of strength in depth nearly caught us last year. At times especially with injuries we didnt have the quality to come on if one of our top players was not at their best. There were many games where our bench was very weak and we were looking to the likes of Woodburn to come on and make a difference, a big ask for a teenager.

Also, as much as I hate somewhat agreeing with weird twitter egg guy, Klopps high intensity style will more than likely mean that we will have more injuries than most others and with more games and the loss of a versatile player like Lucas, adding more numbers is a must.

But I wouldnt be too hopeful as I think they will be understandably adverse to signing players who they are not 100% confident will be an upgrade on what they have rather than taking a chance on players who may have the potential to be but might just end up as squad players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Maybe we were going to spend £200m including sales and the club entered the transfer market and saw how ridiculous the fees were. It was reported Keita and Van Dijk would be available for £50m each, then it looked like £75m each. That's a good whack gone on 2 players.

Anyway I don't give a **** about spend, if there is £20m CB Klopp thinks is better than the £60m one then go for it. If its a free transfer, then go for it. I just want quality brought into the club, spending the earth doesn't guarantee that.

Kuyt named as one of the players allowed to use a banned substance *(TUE) during the 2010 World Cup.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41011854

*Therapeutic Use Exemption.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Grayditch wrote: »
    I'm doing well in Fantasy Football, so there's that...

Plenty of united players in your team so.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Kuyt named as one of the players allowed to use a banned substance *(TUE) during the 2010 World Cup.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41011854

*Therapeutic Use Exemption.

He was home and had a joint, its all good :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

jonnycivic wrote: »
    What about our new LB that had a really good game at the weekend for us? :confused:
    He had a good game against a fairly poor team. While he did well, I think he was having cramp or some such problem by the end?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

shamrock55 wrote: »
    TBH I think your theory of Klopp not wanting to spend money is more a crock of **** then fsg not wanting to spend it,do you think Liverpool just picked these figures out of the sky,southampton and Leipzig would have given them a figure for their players,even though they say they won't sell every player has a price,it could have been say 70m for vvd and 80 for Keita so fsg then put in what looks like big bids knowing they wouldn't be excepted

Full-tin-foil-hat-mode1503403989.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

That goal we conceded against Toffeetime was under control, Trent gave the guy all the time and space he needed as he stopped playing. Shirley he could have learned not to do that in the 100's of games he played before he got in first team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

That goal we conceded against Toffeetime was under control, Trent gave the guy all the time and space he needed as he stopped playing. Shirley he could have learned not to do that in the 100's of games he played before he got in first team.
    You score a goal in European competition and you get all complacent I hear

It's quite conceivable we could concede twice or more tomorrow night, one couldn't be surprised really :o

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

shamrock55 wrote: »
    that's because no one else has bid for them, watch barce put in a bid of 70 for Keita and get him,if this happens it shows I'm right about fsg

And when it gets turned down does that mean you have been talking out of your arse all this time?

No, of course it doesn't the truth would be somewhere inbetween
    FSG bid actual real money, extremely large amounts of it for Keita, unfortunately Leipzig don't want to sell

If they do sell before the window closes it wont be for 70 million, it would need to be nearer 90-100 million in the current crazy market to move him this season
    And I don't think you can really quibble about FSG not spending that sort of money without veering into incredibly unrealistic criticism territory

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Augeo wrote: »
    It's quite conceivable we could concede twice or more tomorrow night, one couldn't be surprised really :o

Yeah.... only thing that gives me hope is that they are more than happy to go all out attack so we will definitely get chances.

Thought they looked very good for long periods last week.... pressing and moving the way we should be at this point :confused:

• Advertisement

gafferino wrote: »
    Yeah.... only thing that gives me hope is that they are more than happy to go all out attack so we will definitely get chances.

Thought they looked very good for long periods last week.... pressing and moving the way we should be at this point :confused:

Hopefully we can get an early goal tomorrow night. It will deflate them and i see us scoring a few more after.

Got to be well up from it from the get go. Can see them coming flying out of the blocks early

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Hopefully we can get an early goal tomorrow night. It will deflate them and i see us scoring a few more after.

Got to be well up from it from the get go. Can see them coming flying out of the blocks early

If they come flying out of the blocks early we'll get in behind them and hopefully be a bit more clinical as we should have scored a few more the other night.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I think we'll win tomorrow. Looking forward to getting grief for complaining about defensive frailties in the match thread, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I think we'll win tomorrow. Looking forward to getting grief for complaining about defensive frailties in the match thread, though.

No question we win, IMO. TAA and Robertson at FB, attacking from both sides and with Can breaking from the middle, I think Milner plays ahead of Wijnaldum.
    Our front 3 carry too much threat...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

When did you start taking the positivity tablets? They suit you. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

According to DW Sports in Germany we're in for Howedes for £20M

https://twitter.com/dw_sports/status/899986745969848324

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Vicxas wrote: »

https://twitter.com/dw_sports/status/899986745969848324

Will make what we have look even better....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I hope he's better than Gylfi Sigurdsson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Yeah...we should win alright but will probably make heavy weather of it.

Will be amazed if Linda is tweeting about clean sheets tomorrow night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

we will go a goal down in the first 20 minutes tomorrow night,they will have about 20 corners in the match as well as inswinging free kicks aplenty, we will hang on and go through on away goals but we will all have aged about 15 years. its what lfc do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

Vicxas wrote: »

What a joke. Everton spent £25m on Michael Keane, therefore we should be looking to spend at least double that.

And when it gets turned down does that mean you have been talking out of your arse all this time?

No, of course it doesn't the truth would be somewhere inbetween
    FSG bid actual real money, extremely large amounts of it for Keita, unfortunately Leipzig don't want to sell

If they do sell before the window closes it wont be for 70 million, it would need to be nearer 90-100 million in the current crazy market to move him this season
    And I don't think you can really quibble about FSG not spending that sort of money without veering into incredibly unrealistic criticism territory

Why would they be criticised for paying that,he was one of Klopps top targets and we supposedly have 200m to spend,ill tell you why it's cos this 200m doesn't exist that's why

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Howedes move would make too much sense. He can also cover anywhere across the back 4, very versatile player. Played every minute of Germany's world cup winning campaign, still only 29. Yes please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Id put in as the defensive mf role that henderson plays and see how it goes

Umaro wrote: »
    What a joke. Everton spent £25m on Michael Keane, therefore we should be looking to spend at least double that.
    Wot?

• Advertisement

The club is denying it brokered an exclusive deal with talkSport for the game tomorrow night.

talkSport are promoting it as such.

Now talkSport's links to the rag are well known but so is Sky Sports so it must be the exclusive part that is getting them to publicly deny it.

The independent has a big write up about it.

When did you start taking the positivity tablets? They suit you. :p

Im always positive just not when it comes to FSG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Wot?

Satire/Hyberole/Facetious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Game only on BT Sport 2?

x43r0 wrote: »
    Satire/Hyberole/Facetious
    I was wondering about that, alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

noodler wrote: »
    Game only on BT Sport 2?

It's on rte2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

shamrock55 wrote:
    Why would they be criticised for paying that,he was one of Klopps top targets and we supposedly have 200m to spend,ill tell you why it's cos this 200m doesn't exist that's why

Because some posters don't have the mentality of a football manager player.

Buy keita now for 100 million or wait a year, let him gain even more experience in being the best player at a club who are doing pretty well and buy him for around 40 odd million next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

My wife is out, the kids will be going to bed at approx HALF TIME...QUICKLY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Mr.H wrote: »
    Because some posters don't have the mentality of a football manager player.

Buy keita now for 100 million or wait a year, let him gain even more experience in being the best player at a club who are doing pretty well and buy him for around 40 odd million next season.

Do people think that we'll be top of Keita's list if he's as good as he's meant to be and performs again this season? If he's really good, we won't have a shot next year.

I'm not saying buy Keita for 100m though, just think if he's really good we won't be getting him next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Barca are going to go for Keita now that they can't get Phil

Bait for Shamrock?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement