Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Vicxas wrote: »
    According to DW Sports in Germany we're in for Howedes for £20M

https://twitter.com/dw_sports/status/899986745969848324

Would be a nice signing to make , wait a year and go back for VVD and defence should be ok , i wonder if the club offered money and sakho would southampton deal now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Would be a nice signing to make , wait a year and go back for VVD and defence should be ok , i wonder if the club offered money and sakho would southampton deal now

Throw in Lovern and its a deal..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

shamrock55 wrote: »
    Why would they be criticised for paying that,he was one of Klopps top targets and we supposedly have 200m to spend,ill tell you why it's cos this 200m doesn't exist that's why

Because it is an insane amount of money to pay for a player who whilst they may turn out to be worth it it is hard to make that decision on yet

As for the availability of the 200M, if Klopps top two targets that perfect fit his system are unavailable then what does it matter it wont be spent
    Correspondingly if Klopps top two targets were available and cost 10M each then the 200M still wont be spent and is irrelivant

My main hope/concern is that we have alternatives to these unobtainable top targets and I don't care how little much they do cost as long as they come in and improve the team

But I don't expect them to arrive and just have to hope that Klopp can achieve something with what he has got

Now I am not happy about that but we hired the man because of his track record and he deserves time to do things his way, if that means waiting a few years to get the team to his liking rather than splurging and fixing the problem in a couple of windows like Utd have done then we just have to suck it up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

rob316 wrote: »
    Howedes move would make too much sense. He can also cover anywhere across the back 4, very versatile player. Played every minute of Germany's world cup winning campaign, still only 29. Yes please

Add all that to the fact that he played with Matip for years.. should be a no brainer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

There's more meat on a butcher's pencil than there is in that piece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

The Express should be banned from this site. It's the absolute worst for transfers - making up nonsense every day. Their journalists should be ashamed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

ricero wrote: »
    Im always positive just not when it comes to FSG

Just for you Ricero ;)

What have the Romans FSG ever done for us:-

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Howdy to Howedes maybe? :)

Should have bought Keita for 100m and loaned him back. That would make a few peoples heads explode :)

• Advertisement

Tusky wrote: »
    The Express should be banned from this site. It's the absolute worst for transfers - making up nonsense every day. Their journalists should be ashamed.

Careful with that after other poster defending another certain rag

Careful with that after other poster defending another certain rag

I doubt any Liverpool fans defended the sun

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,036 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

murpho999 wrote: »
    Clubs never come out and say they are going to spend X but they do give information to certain outlets.

It was reported by the Liverpool Echo in April that Liverpool would have £200m to spend. Article here.

Many regard the Echo as reliable and as a mouthpiece from the club and I don't believe they just made this up.

Of course it's easy to dismiss it as journo drivel.

On this whole 200m thing... I mean, our bids this summer have been around 65+55+40+8, which is 168m... soooo.... it would seem like somewhere around that figure actually is available. This is at least somewhat backed up by the players we still haven't sold yet. There have been offers for Moreno, Marko and Sakho, but we've held out on our valuations rather than showing any desperation to get cash flowing in.

Once again, if Klopp can't find a suitable CM for 65m (would be the 2nd most expensive CM in history), and a suitable CB for 55m (would be the most expensive CB in history), then that's on him. His hands are hardly being tied here like.

I love the guy, I'm willing to trust him, but I can't help feeling he's making the same mistake he made last season with Left Back. Milner really did well, which is a great credit to Klopp, but we really needed to be able to rest him. He was gassed by March.

Hopefully this Howades link is real, exactly the type of signing we need. Already has a partnership with Matip, solid experienced international, peak age for a CB. Would instantly make us look like we could sustain fielding a decent CB pairing throughout the season, and stops us from being 1 injury away from Lovren and Klavan starting together.

That goal we conceded against Toffeetime was under control, Trent gave the guy all the time and space he needed as he stopped playing. Shirley he could have learned not to do that in the 100's of games he played before he got in first team.

He should have known better, but to be fair to him, the 100's of games he played before getting into the first team were not at right back. Still a rookie mistake, but I can understand that he's still learning the positional aspects of playing there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Jesus the Coutinho questions are annoying me now. Can't imagine how annoyed Klopp is.

Vicxas wrote: »
    Jesus the Coutinho questions are annoying me now. Can't imagine how annoyed Klopp is.

His reactions say it all...

100%

Fine

LOL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Also on the Trent mistake, while you should always play to the whistle, the player would've been offside had Lovren not dropped deeper than the rest of the defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Is there any substance to these Howedes rumours, have to say I'd be very happy to get him.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Let the back pedaling commence... :)

lndependent article on Phil staying

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That's the best outcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Enjoyed that press conference. Kinda chilled me out, hahaha. Interesting to watch Klopp and Matip alternate between the German and English and also the translations of same. Klopp spoke quite well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Anyone mention the Kovacic rumours? Inter Milan fans must be fuming :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Was just watching sky sports news there and tony gale said that we were cut open time and time again on saturday against palace. Also says that klopp is discovering that the premeir league aint all that easy.

In this day and age how are morons like this still hired by the likes of sky

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

ElTel wrote: »
    Bait for Shamrock?

I don't take the bait-i lay it😉

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

ricero wrote: »
    Was just watching sky sports news there and tony gale said that we were cut open time and time again on saturday against palace. Also says that klopp is discovering that the premeir league aint all that easy.

In this day and age how is morons like this still hired by the likes of sky

How are morons.....:p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Anyone mention the Kovacic rumours? Inter Milan fans must be fuming :D

We'll be fuming when FSG sell them Mane so we make a profit this window.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    I doubt any Liverpool fans defended the sun

Have a look at the feedback thread, i said some people are defending it not Liverpool fans

Have a look at the feedback thread, i said some people are defending it not Liverpool fans

I wouldn't worry about it. Most people know what a rag it is, and don't link it, especially in this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Pepe is having a good game for Napoli, would not mind him as a backup to Migs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

Reina :D

He is looking very trim as well

He could bring Insigne with him as well ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Love it...
    Indeed, absolutely 100%

DH2x2ncXsAE7fE-.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Gatorade eh? RBL won't like klopp antagonising them like that after all the good groundwork laid down by Karius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Blow them away or play Hender, Milner, Wiji, and Can in midfield and keep it 0-0, even losing 0-1 means we go through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Well to be fair, Phil coming back is like a 118 million signing.......

• Advertisement

Gini & VVD just followed each other on Instagram, a bit strange both are Dutch and didn't already follow each other...

Dun dun dun...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

"you have until Saturday to accept our bid or we're going to withdraw it and offer more money"

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/900128861366648833

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

The Barca board is under incredible pressure to get this over the line.

Messi has 12 months left on his contract and is holding his renewal to ransom so that a vote of No Confidence is passed in board's elections. The only way the board can avert that vote is by landing Coutinho or Dembele. Its absolute desperation at this stage.

Barcelona "will never give up"

Only 9 days left in the window there like...

Also, that sort of sentiment hardly encourages someone to take an offer, if it's just going to keep increasing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Do you recon we could get all the Neymar money off them.

I'd let Coutinho go for €150m up front.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Do you recon we could get all the Neymar money off them.

I'd let Coutinho go for €150m up front.

If there was a chance of it going into my pocket I would. Selling him now gives us 8 days to sign replacements at massively extortionate prices considering the price being offered for Coutinho.
    Let Coutinho back pedal his way back into the squad and have some chance of getting top 4 or making it out of the CL GROUP STAGES at least.

How I would (at least somewhat realistically) like the season to pan out in terms of transfers:

-Buy Howades for ~20m, and call it a day for the summer.
    -Get Can to sign up over the coming few months.
    -Leipzig knocked out of the CL group stages, buy Keita for ~60m.
    -Next summer buy VVD to leave us with a good solid CB selection to push on with.
    -Have multiple options at the ready to replace Coutinho, and act on them before we sell.

I hope we reject it and watch Barca rot from within. Too long they've waved the cash around and expected others to bend the knee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

101 million in cash and 37 in add ons.

Feck off Barca cold hard cash only offers to be made.

And then rejected again! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,665 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

"you have until Saturday to accept our bid or we're going to withdraw it and offer more money"

https://twitter.com/SkyKaveh/status/900128861366648833

Who is this guy?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Who is this guy?

He's that annoying tit on Sky Sports News that makes these stupid comments in person.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

So, another match day, another offer/ultimatum for Phil.
    Are they deliberately trying to be destabilising or is it just coincidence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Of course they are.

Barca are like a spoiled child used to getting there own way and if they don't they throw attention seeking hissy fits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Definitely intentional, I'm guessing the reason he isn't playing is that Liverpool fear a pitch invasion from President Pique' to put a Barcelona jersey on him.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement