Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

micks wrote: »
    Do you attend their meetings?

No, but I'm expressing an opinion based on past patterns of selling their most valuable players.

murpho999 wrote: »
    ............. past patterns of selling their most valuable players.

Who all were very very very keen to leave iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

brevity wrote: »
    Im glad Liverpool are standing firm but they would want to start getting wise and fast. Get in a proper football person. Someone to oversee transfers, player management. Succession planning.

How many times has a first team player left the club and not been adequately replaced? There should be a list of players for every position that could be bought should that player leave.

Coutinho wants to go? Grand off you go. Get in 2 or 3 players and keep the train going. Obviously it's not ideal but until Liverpool start winning trophies and start being a force in Europe that's the way it's going to be.

I sure as **** hope Liverpool have back up for Mané as if he keeps up his performances I can see Bayern Munich knocking on the door.
    What do you mean by "proper football person", would that be a Harry Redknapp esque character, bread and butter football person, my player is worth 70 billion pound?

Who can be bought on a week's notice knowing a) LFC have the cash and b) the team themselves need to find a replacement for whomever gets sold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Was reading somewhere that German teams have traveled 16 times to Anfield in European competition - not one has been able to win there.

That's some stat! (hopefully haven't put the mockers on us saying that)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Was reading somewhere that German teams have traveled 16 times to Anfield in European competition - not one has been able to win there.

That's some stat! (hopefully haven't put the mockers on us saying that)

Think one of the Interviewers mentioned it to Matip last night that no German team has won at Anfield in 40 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭PhlegmyMoses

Monchi was available this summer and he seems to be the exact fit for how your board and manager likes to do things from a transfer perspective.

Saw somebody earlier say that you guys should take the money for Coutinho, buy Mahrez and buy Howedes. With the money being offered and the fact that Coutinho is an excellent, albeit inconsistent player, I think that this would be a good deal all round. As long as Barca aren't trying to pay on the never never with a box of chomps and a 6 pack of monster munch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Monchi was available this summer and he seems to be the exact fit for how your board and manager likes to do things from a transfer perspective.

Saw somebody earlier say that you guys should take the money for Coutinho, buy Mahrez and buy Howedes. With the money being offered and the fact that Coutinho is an excellent, albeit inconsistent player, I think that this would be a good deal all round. As long as Barca aren't trying to pay on the never never with a box of chomps and a 6 pack of monster munch.

To say he was available is a bit of a stretch. He had agreed to got to Roma the previous year from what I've seen.

Also Mahrez doesn't have the work ethic for Klopp's system imho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

razorblunt wrote: »
    What do you mean by "proper football person", would that be a Harry Redknapp esque character, bread and butter football person, my player is worth 70 billion pound?

Who can be bought on a week's notice knowing a) LFC have the cash and b) the team themselves need to find a replacement for whomever gets sold.

No I don't mean Harry Redknapp. I mean someone who knows what it takes to keep a football club running smoothly. Someone who is on top of transfers, scouting, player management. Putting a foundation in place so that people aren't running around scrambling when a player like Suarez or Coutinho decides to leave. Juve, Atletico, Porto, BVB are clubs that spring to mind. They are aware that a player will leave so the have succession plans in place.

With this system in place it wouldn't matter who leaves or when. Hell even Klopp could leave but someone would be ear marked as a potential replacement.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Raisins

murpho999 wrote: »
    No, but I'm expressing an opinion based on past patterns of selling their most valuable players.

So past patterns are telling you that they won't sell purely because of a fan backlash. My opinion that their decision on coutinho will be based on business and not fan reasons is not valid though because I don't attend fsg business meetings.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I beg to differ.

See http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=73160798&postcount=5 and specifically the section:

"We view the superthreads to be limited to use for general transfer chat [daily rumours etc]/general reserve team chat/general gossip/general pre-season tour chat.

Specific matches, major transfers and major news stories are not the purpose of superthreads. PLEASE keep this discussion to the Match Threads/Matchweek threads or discussion threads that are created. NO MATCH INCIDENT DISCUSSION WILL BE TOLERATED IN SUPERTHREADS."

I know what the charter says, but it's out of date with reality. It was widely discussed in the recent forum feedback thread and the general gist was to discuss away if ye want, but don't get too precious if opposition fans join in. That's what has been the case more and more over the last year anyhow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

To say he was available is a bit of a stretch. He had agreed to got to Roma the previous year from what I've seen.

Also Mahrez doesn't have the work ethic for Klopp's system imho.

Exactly, it was blatantly obvious in the Asia trophy match that he gives about 50 or so percent unless the humour takes him. You'd think he'd have been trying to play out of his skin when in the shop window to try and find a suitor?

Plus, he's even more inconsistent than Phil.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Knex. wrote: »
    Naples fans are also a lot more... unforgiving, we'll say, than Liverpool fans.

Speak for yourself. I hold a grudge as good as anybody!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I wouldn't read too much into stats. Liverpool had only ever won twice in something like last 18 visits to Germany prior to last week

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

I don't think I've ever made a match thread before!

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057778793

3850491-leslie-nielsen-good-luck-were-all-counting-on-you.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

Saw somebody earlier say that you guys should take the money for Coutinho, buy Mahrez and buy Howedes. With the money being offered and the fact that Coutinho is an excellent, albeit inconsistent player, I think that this would be a good deal all round.

Something like that will probably happen next Summer, however at the moment it makes more sense for Liverpool to buy Howdes and keep Coutinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

If we get knocked out tonight I can see it happening tbh,Phil going

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

If we get knocked out tonight I can see it happening tbh,Phil going

That makes no sense - we'd find it even harder to attract a quality replacement, and he already wants to leave when CL looks likely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭Blackhorse Slim

Any chance we get drawn in Barca's group in the CL, if we make it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Nailed on to be drawn in Barca's group if we qualify.

• Advertisement

Probably about a one in 5 shot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Yep, or our pals from Red Bull! Good breakdown in the link below of which teams are in which pot (with a few permutations still to be sorted tonight obviously).

If we qualify, we could potentially end up with Barcelona, Juventus and Celtic, that'd be some craic.

http://metro.co.uk/2017/08/22/who-can-manchester-united-chelsea-tottenham-and-man-city-draw-in-the-champions-league-group-stages-6871090/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Officially a 1 in 6 chance (we can't get Man City or Man Utd), but realistically it's 1/100!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

Yep, or our pals from Red Bull!

Or both!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I don't even know why Barca want Coutinho his free kicks are shíte and he can't even play left back, they should get Milner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Pot 1
    Real Madrid (ESP)
    Bayern München (GER)
    Juventus (ITA)
    Benfica (POR)
    Chelsea (ENG)
    Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR)
    Monaco (FRA)
    Spartak Moskva (RUS)

Pot 2
    Barcelona (ESP)
    Atlético Madrid (ESP)
    Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)
    Borussia Dortmund (GER)
    Sevilla (ESP)
    Manchester City (ENG)
    Porto (POR)
    Manchester United (ENG)

Pot 3
    Napoli (ITA)
    Tottenham Hotspur (ENG)
    Basel (SUI)
    Olympiacos (GRE)
    Anderlecht (BEL)
    Liverpool FC (ENG)
    Roma (ITA)
    Beşiktaş (TUR)

Pot 4
    Celtic (SCO)
    Feyenoord (NED)
    Maribor (SVN)
    RB Leipzig (GER)
    Qarabağ (AZE)
    APOEL (CYP)
    CSKA Moskva (RUS)
    FCSB (ROU)

Going by 1st leg results this is how the pots could finish

So Liverpool could end up with
    Juventus (ITA)
    Barcelona (ESP)
    Liverpool FC (ENG)
    RB Leipzig (GER)

But you have to remember that teams will be paired up in each country for tv and this will also effect the draw so say Liverpool are paired with Man Utd they will be on different sides of the group counts so they do not play on the same night same with Real and Barca so there is a bigger chance one of them will be drawn together.

• Advertisement

Real Madrid, PSG, Liverpool, Leipzig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

You're a pack of jinxs predicting possible groups

Fromvert wrote: »
    You're a pack of jinxs predicting possible groups

Real Madrid, PSG, Napoli, Hoffenheim

That better?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Pot 1 isn't to bad. You'd fancy us to do well against Benfica, Shakhtar or Spartak.

Pot 2 isn't great and you'd hope for Porto or Seville.

Dickerty wrote: »
    That makes no sense - we'd find it even harder to attract a quality replacement, and he already wants to leave when CL looks likely!

ya but we wont get champions league dosh either

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Please please please stop discussing what group we will get before we have even qualified. It's too close!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Anyone up for a Europa League group discussion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I'd take FC Tuk Tuk, Butenaspor and Barcelona (from Uzbek)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

SlickRic wrote: »
    for those who think Liverpool fans shouldn't be annoyed with Coutinho in all of this; take a look at how Lorenzo Insigne handled rumours about him going to Barcelona.

That is how you do it.

It is if you're from the town your club's based in.

Naples are his boyhood club.

It's a totally different situation and it doesn't really work as a means to have a dig at Coutinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Someone else can go hunting for what the pots could look like lol :) no were as near settled yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

5starpool wrote: »
    Probably about a one in 5 shot.

Coutihnos goals to shots rate #Illuminati

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Definitely intentional, I'm guessing the reason he isn't playing is that Liverpool fear a pitch invasion from President Pique' to put a Barcelona jersey on him.

Id stick him on for a minute tonight to let the world know he aint going anywhere

Maybe instead of rejecting barcas nxt offer instantly we wait,we say nothing,leak that we are maybe,just maybe,.. floundering,afraid to reject this mega offer from the mega club. The press will go mad and do the work for us.

Then,on the last day,at 9pm.. statement.

"Oh sorry!! We thought we made it clear weeks ago,he's not for sale this summer,didn't think we needed to respond again soz Barca"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sakho has long agreed personal terms with Palace according to Melissa Reddy.

Just down to the club now agreeing terms.

Maybe instead of rejecting barcas nxt offer instantly we wait,we say nothing,leak that we are maybe,just maybe,.. floundering,afraid to reject this mega offer from the mega club. The press will go mad and do the work for us.

Then,on the last day,at 9pm.. statement.

"Oh sorry!! We thought we made it clear weeks ago,he's not for sale this summer,didn't think we needed to respond again soz Barca"

Or we keep telling them we want Neymar as part of the deal. That'll surely **** with them.

• Advertisement

Some lad on reddit did a post analysing all corner goals we've conceded since last season

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/6vjmlw/so_i_decided_to_analyze_every_single_corner_goal/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

This latest offer would allow Liverpool a net profit (including wages paid to date) on Coutinho that is in excess of 10% of the net value of the club.

I'll understand if FSG pull the trigger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Umaro wrote: »

Cue Arsenal's £150,000,001 bid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Moreno starts again. :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Same team as first leg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

An early liverpool goal would settle the nerves big time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Bloody Moreno again....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Origi better look out, already down to forth choice as the sharp end. Though third in truth as Firmino is quite different in his role to the rest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

We'll just bloody win, irrespective of how many Moreno's we have to endure.

It'll be fine.

Really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement