Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Brady is bang on the money. Klopp has his hands tied. If the club just showed some ambition and broke the bank on keita and van dijk i think this season could be special

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Probably our best performance of the season but defensively we were a mess yet again. Any team with Mignolet, Moreno and Lovren in the starting team is going to concede bucket-loads of unnecessary goals.

Playing such an attacking style will always leave you somewhat vulnerable at the back but it's individual errors that are hurting us this season. Playing the way we do - we could really do with a Mascherano type in the middle protecting the defence.

Starting the season with Lovren and Moreno in the starting lineup, making all the same mistakes again, is like being in the twilight zone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Are these lads at RTE serious? "Is it time to start criticising Klopp?"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

murpho999 wrote: »
    Dunphy saying we need two new centre backs.

Don't agree as I think Matip is quality and is being dragged down by Lovren.

He's right ,matip ain't all that either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

ricero wrote: »
    Brady is bang on the money. Klopp has his hands tied. If the club just showed some ambition and broke the bank on keita and van dijk i think this season could be special

They tried to break the bank on Keita and went so far as to break the law on van Dijk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

@livinginkorea you should be proud Can's English is as good as his Hair.

His English is so good he's going to Italy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,615 ✭✭✭atilladehun

In the champions league. Now we buy all the players. Right?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Brady is a paid for idiot not doing his research. FAKE NEWS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Absolutely giddy for the first matchday now, I'm really optimistic this time compared to the dread of our last CL campaign which was always doomed to fail.

The dream group for me would be:

Benfica
    Barcelona
    Liverpool
    Celtic

I'd fancy us to beat all of them at Anfield (yes, even Barca who have a very soft centre) and draws away to all three would be good results and enough to win the group.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

He's right ,matip ain't all that either

If he had a reliable partner beside him then he can focus on his own role rather than trying to cover Lovren's weaknesses.

Would love to see him and VVD and Matip together.

If not VVD then somehow Lovren has to be upgraded as we're going nowhere with him in the back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,734 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Job done back in the big time. Fair play to Jurgen and the lads. Bring on your Internazionale.... :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,017 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Are these lads at RTE serious? "Is it time to start criticising Klopp?"

Firstly well done on qualification

They have a point. His spending to date is suspect. The club is in no better place since Rogers, possibly worse...i dont know. Hes been there 2 years... what has he done to date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Good lad Dunphy, why aren't Liverpool just buying Atletico and Juventus defenders?

He's a moron. Said he's had an extra 6 months over Jose and Liverpool should be doing better. Said Jose has made United hard to beat (which they were already good at under LVG). Completely ignored the fact United had a much better squad than us and we're at a much higher level when Jose took over compared to what Klopp had to take over.

Used to be a time I'd look forward to what the lads had to say in the studio after the match. You're more likely to see them wet themselves or choke on their teeth these days though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

We don't have a player since Stevie left to give his teammates a bollicking when required,there all too nice to each other, nobody stands up for the team,gets angry .. it's sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Brady and ricero on the same page, safe to ignore anything Brady says.

Edit: Just seen who agreed with it in the match thread, nuff said.

I knew you'd like that comment!!

emmetkenny wrote: »
    He's a moron. Said he's had an extra 6 months over Jose and Liverpool should be doing better. Said Jose has made United hard to beat (which they were already good at under LVG). Completely ignored the fact United had a much better squad than us and we're at a much higher level when Jose took over compared to what Klopp had to take over.

Mmm....Utd were very poor when Jose took over.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

They have a point. His spending to date is suspect. The club is in no better place since Rogers, possibly worse...i dont know. Hes been there 2 years... what has he done to date

He has generally bought well. The problem is we have not bought often enough. Whether that's Klopp's fault or the if the blame lies somewhere else is unclear.

• Advertisement

You really don't get it. This club went downhill after we offloaded Hammerstein.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

what time is the draw tomorrow

'I'm not on the wind up but...'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Is that a quote from Brady or Dunphy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

shamrock55 wrote: »

4.30pm I think they said, its in Monaco, not sure if its local time....

How are they in a worse place as we're now in the CL for the first time since 2014?

Also, Klopp is not in the job 2 years yet.

Got to Europa League final last season which was regarded as a non achievement at the time but the next season it was a great achievement for some reason.

Following season had us challenging for league but faded away but still secured top 4 and CL.

How is that not progress over 6th-8th place under last two seasons of Rodgers?

• Advertisement

Carabou Cup 3rd round draw at 4.30am tomorrow. Seriously.

Mmm....Utd were very poor when Jose took over.

We've finished above them twice in the last 10 years.

Dunphy said Jose made them hard to beat, but LVG already had them well organized (rigidity so) and they didn't concede that many more. Jose state them express themselves a bit more going forward.

mosstin wrote: »
    Carabou Cup 3rd round draw at 4.30am tomorrow. Seriously.

I'll set the timer alarm for that. Where is the draw? On the IDL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

lads if you can't give a civil response to a simple question then just don't answer
    Most of you will be heading back to school soon enough anyway no doubt

It's for the benefit of Asian TV supposedly?

Off the ball lads reckon league cup games may be a possibility in Asia in the next few years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

NukaCola wrote: »
    4.30pm I think they said, its in Monaco, not sure if its local time....

18.00 CEST - 5pm in Ireland (so add on at least 30 mins because, y'know.... it's UEFA....)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Boom job done and in some style aswell

lads if you can't give a civil response to a simple question then just don't answer
    Most of you will be heading back to school soon enough anyway no doubt

Briar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Liverpool are doing things going forward that most teams would be envious of, the off the ball movement and angles they run in attacks is a joy to watch at times. I genuinely question at times do people actually enjoy watching football or just prefer the drama side of it all. He's been pretty successful so far doing it the right way.

I'll set the timer alarm for that. Where is the draw? On the IDL?

Beijing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Buzzin ere

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

How is that not progress over 6th-8th place uder last two seasons of Rodgers?

To be fair Rodgers was in charge for 8 pl games of one of those seasons iirc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

****ing delighted.

Now sign a CB please :P 
    Oh, and Cans contract

Klopp said there'll be signings now we have Champions League. Said one player needed it for a clause...Van Dijk maybe?

• Advertisement

Klopp said there'll be signings now we have Champions League. Said one player needed it for a clause...Van Dijk maybe?

I hope its Kovacic myself. He'd boss the middle in style, crazy that he is a part-timer at RM

brevity wrote: »

And some STILL can't understand it.

giphy.gif

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I just spat tea everywhere.... Cheers for that :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Just watching RTEs coverage of the highlights from the other qualifiers.

According to them, Pepe Reina won the CL with Liverpool 12 years ago.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ7SHdMgWgbkFa55rVQYLGE6uUk6QE5AQ_x9q7nV31GQNERYWvA6ojDpIs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

CL football now because of his two goals time for Can to sign a 10 year contract.

Wijnaldum while still not at his best was vastly improved tonight...most likely related to Hendo being a bit more restrained.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

emmetkenny wrote: »

Does anybody who is sane and over 10 years old take any notice of Dunphy?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement