Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Defence needs consistency, not a big fan of Moreno but I'd rather let the same defence have a few games together than shake it up every game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

This Moreno experiment makes no sense to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

I think we'll score a couple tonight. We'll also concede a few but expecting a positive outcome.

Our bench is poor.

It's the start of the season right??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Just had a 20 min nap, please tell me we've signed VvD while I was asleep..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

not yet wrote: »
    Just had a 20 min nap, please tell me we've signed VvD while I was asleep..

not yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

not yet

When then..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Our bench is poor.

It's the start of the season right??

It's awful. If Coutinho goes, which following the pattern of rejecting bids, denying and then accepting of Torres and Suarez, he is, then Liverpool are a weaker squad than they were last season and still won't have spent any money.

It's awful. If Coutinho goes, which following the pattern of rejecting bids, denying and then accepting of Torres and Suarez, he is, then Liverpool are a weaker squad than they were last season and still won't have spent any money.

It's bizarre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Fieldog wrote: »
    20863248_10155884480332573_5397038317024262415_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=d98e1c1f71f3cbad07f731c3527d4d18&oe=5A2022C4
    I'd say that's a fair indication of Klopps preferences for the season ahead, barring the usual SNAFU from Moreno.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

RoboKlopp wrote:
    It's bizarre.

Not as much as Gerrard making a joke about Coutinho's back being sore from a team chasing him :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,976 ✭✭✭doc_17

What's going on selecting Moreno ahead of Milner? Klopp, between this and our thin squad, you're testing us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I'd say that's a fair indication of Klopps preferences for the season ahead, barring the usual SNAFU from Moreno.

Hardly - Clyne is out, as is Lallana and er Coutinho. All three are likely regulars plus VVD and Seri :)

Moreno is auditioning himself, only question is whether it's for Klopp or for another club.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Hardly - Clyne is out, as is Lallana and er Coutinho. All three are likely regulars plus VVD and Seri :)

Moreno is auditioning himself, only question is whether it's for Klopp or for another club.
    I think we'll see a lot of TAA this year instead of Clyne, maybe against the weaker teams to offer a better attacking threat.

Coutinho for Can, obviously, assuming he stays.

Lallana won't see much action till the start of November as a starter anyway and there will be a good bit of rotating midfields after that.

Moreno. European game legend

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Justice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd always back him to save a pen.

I'd never back him to catch a high cross into the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

First 10 minutes of Lovren have convinced me that we should pay Southampton whatvever they want for VVD.

Lovren and Moreno have to go.

Ref's quite the homer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That's a peno where the "I'd take a better peno" grumble is actually valid.

• Advertisement

Henderson needs to be dropped right now and Can needs to be given a 5 year contract and the captaincy.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

murpho999 wrote: »
    First 10 minutes of Lovren have convinced me that we should pay Southampton whatvever they want for VVD.

Lovren and Moreno have to go.

It isn't his fault. It's Klopp's fault for picking him. My least favourite Liverpool player since Diouf.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭jeff bingham

Henderson looks so so sluggish

Henderson is the midfield version of Joe Hart because he is English the must be great and a be in a top 4 team.

Honestly, Mane is our best player. Don't tell Barca.

What a moment that is

Get the f*ck in!!!

Pew pew!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

giphy.gif

There is a match thread lads.

• Advertisement

If Klopp is all about coaching and improving players then how come our defence which all knew was suspect last season appears to have regressed and become even shakier?

A game and a half in and my heart is on the verge of packing in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Is robertson injured ? Shocking how bad this defence looks. Should be no excuses we need to go out and spend big money on a cb and a holding midfielder

Henderson as DM is not giving the defenders any confidence at all that he will protect them he is fcuking woeful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

murpho999 wrote: »
    There is a match thread lads.

Which is why I'm in here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Henderson is a quare one, what's his role? Is he meant to be a stopper, a "quaterback" (bleugh) a recycler or what? He is playing like someone who doesn't know what his job is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

We should offer Southampton 80M and the Anfield Road end for VVD. Not sure I can stick another season of nervous jittery Lovren.

And how are we still stuck with Moreno? Barely played all last season and now he's suddenly first choice LB again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Henderson is a quare one, what's his role? Is he meant to be a stopper, a "quaterback" (bleugh) a recycler or what? He is playing like someone who doesn't know what his job is.

People have been saying this about him for ages. Especially when it comes to the England setup.

No one's really sure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

Firmino looking very sharp tonight, with Lallana and hopefully Coutinho to come back in we really have fantastic attacking options.

Defence not so much but a new CB, Clyne and a left back would be more solid at least.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Turtyturd wrote: »
    A game and a half in and my heart is on the verge of packing in.

Christ...

It really is.

I watched most of that from behind my hands.

Moreno just has to be taken out and killed. He's woven some kind of spell on Klopp to make him think he's not complete ****.

Every time someone goes at him he overcommits and leaves 50 yards of space behind them to gallop into. I don't think he's made a tackle.
    He looks like he won a raffle to get on.

Hendo hasn't been much better. Jesus he's been appalling. ****, dangerous passing, losing 50/50s, misjudging the flight of balls in the air.
    A couple of decent balls but he needs to be solid and consistent when there's nothing to mop up behind him.
    I've a little bit of sympathy with whats going on ahead of him but he has to at least do his own job.

Salah's been ****e. 3 idiotic tackles and that first touch for his 1v1 ****ed the whole thing up. It was awful.
    He's a threat but I'm beginning to worry about elements of his game. Hopefully with time and confidence he can iron them out.

Wijnaldum has been a total waste of oxygen again. He does nothing in this system at the moment. He needs to show for the ball when Henderson gets on it.

Can and Mane have been alright. Maybe Matip? Again he's looked weak at times. He's good mentally and technically but he's a serious lightweight. That frame really counts against him.

Trent looks great in the attacking half of the field and that's a lovely hit for the goal. Maybe he'll find himself in attack before too long.
    He's done alright defensively but not any more than that.

I'm not sure this is any worse than the weekend overall. A little maybe. Hoffenheim are better though. When was the last time Liverpool gave away this much possession?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

corwill wrote: »
    Which is why I'm in here.

Match threads are like flypaper for gob****es.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Moreno was never, is not, never will be good enough to play for Liverpool. He is one of the worst defenders I have ever seen wear red. And I solely blame Klopp for inflicting us with him. After the Europa league final he should never have been let near the squad. I am so so so confused as to why he is in the team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Henderson as DM is not giving the defenders any confidence at all that he will protect them he is fcuking woeful.

And Can and Wijnaldum letting men run right past them on a constant basis

Unlucky from the main man. Should be finishing that though.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Please get milner on for moreno.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,528 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

DHS1o19XoAAGtJ9.jpg

the main man tonight

Please get milner on for moreno.

I have no idea how the latter managed to get back in at LB. Must have something on Klopp.

For all the talk about set pieces we look like we might actually score from some this year.

Milly.

We're a lot smoother without Henderson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭Pepp1989

Turtyturd wrote:
    We're s lot smoother without Henderson.

Massive improvement

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement