Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

try this out lads Champions league simulator

got Benfica, Athletico, Liverpool, CSKA

not bad!!

https://draw.inker.fun/#/cl/gs

ffs

9b593233c7636e0f3409fee6ebdcf1c9.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,199 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Away to Leicester in League Cup

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭internelligent

Well that's a bit crappy. I keep thinking about how threadbare the squad is to compete in all comps. Maybe being in the CL we'll sign 5 more players? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Spartak
    Atletico
    Liverpool
    Keita

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

he pulled them down for the celebration :p

https://twitter.com/AnfieldRd96/status/900450919296495617

Is that a dig at Chewy by any chance..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Lukaku, Phil Jones and Chris Smalling.

No Jessie Lindgard?

#bestintheworld

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

So we drew Leicester in the Carabaloo Cup.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

not bad!!

Bayern
    Barcelona
    Liverpool
    Arsenal CSKA

That's a tough group.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

murpho999 wrote: »
    I don't think this the case.

According to UEFA on this page the maxmum number of teams from one country is 5.

So that means that the Europe League winner goes straight to group stage. Same as this year with Utd winning and not affecting Liverpool.

If a team then also wins the CL whilst being outside the Top 4 then 4th would go into the EL.

Ya, but only 4 teams at most can go straight into the group stages without needing a qualifier, so 4th may still have to play one, or may even miss out in extreme circumstances.

• Advertisement

Shakhtar
    Sevilla
    Liverpool
    Leipzig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Yahoo Sports, Yes THAT Yahoo Sport is claiming that Coutinho is going to release a public statement saying he's unhappy at Liverpool.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Vicxas wrote: »
    Yahoo Sports, Yes THAT Yahoo Sport is claiming that Coutinho is going to release a public statement saying he's unhappy at Liverpool.....

I wonder is the poor pet being bullied again?

If Coutinho effectively breaks his relationship with Klopp in such a deliberate and public manner it's going to be very difficult to put the pieces back together again, even for one season.

The worst case scenario here is that Coutinho does in fact burn his bridge with Klopp and the club, FSG stick to their word and refuse to sell and Couthinho ends up a disgruntled and isolated player who goes through the motions of training and playing (if Klopp would even pick him) and the club effectively ends up without the Couthino we know he can be and without the transfer fee or a replacement player.

I know it's World Cup year etc but if Couthino sticks to his guns and doesn't play the club will have no choice but to sell him at Xmas (giving him enough time to get back in the Brazil squad) and we'll have gone half a season without one of our top players for absolutely zero benefit.

It'll be interesting to see if Coutinho actually invokes the nuclear option or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

he pulled them down for the celebration

So did I, after that 3rd goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Yep, that 3rd goal was a thing of beauty, it really was, such a fast flowing move, and so many one touches in it. It actually reminded me a little of that famous goal scored against Spurs in the 70s.

Unfortunately, I missed it live, as I'd missed the second goal so I was rewinding the Sky box to watch the second one, and when I'd finished that, and the went back to Live TV, we'd already scored the 3rd one, so I had to rewind again! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Vicxas wrote: »

The finest sports journo Duncan castles is peddling the story, should have known.

• Advertisement

It'll be interesting to see if Coutinho actually invokes the nuclear option or not.

I reckon he will, partially at least (by going public)......... he might not refuse to train etc if he's not allowed leave but he most definitely wants out IMO.

klose wrote: »
    The finest sports journo Duncan castles is peddling the story, should have know.

As much of a shill as he is, this is clearly based on a brief he's gotten from someone involved. He's not about to lie outright about something imminent unless he thinks it's going to happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Benfica
    Paris Saint-Germain
    Liverpool
    RB Leipzig

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

AS Monaco
    Borussia Dortmund
    Liverpool
    Feyenoord

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

7tapyY8.png

Red Bull and the lads.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Lallana is in crutches and a brace...

https://vgy.me/8DXQDL.jpeg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Turtyturd wrote: »

Everton failed at the 3rd Qualifying Round not the play offs. :P:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Sappy404 wrote: »
    As much of a shill as he is, this is clearly based on a brief he's gotten from someone involved. He's not about to lie outright about something imminent unless he thinks it's going to happen.

This is the fella who wrote two extensive stories about how FSG were readying the clubs sale to a Grand Bunch of Lads, and that was back in January. Not a peep since and no one else went with those stories.

Knex. wrote: »
    Lallana is in crutches and a brace...

https://vgy.me/8DXQDL.jpeg

I hear Lallana will be featured in a workplace Health and Safety film about the dangers of unsupervised Cruff Turns.

I hear Lallana will be featured in a workplace Health and Safety film about the dangers of unsupervised Cruff Turns.

The lad just needs to be in front of a camera.

This is what I got
    Spartak Moscow
    Dortmund
    Liverpool
    Celtic

Benfica
    Man Utd
    Napoli
    RB Leipzig

Chelsea
    Sevilla
    Olympiakos
    NK Maribor

Real
    PSG
    Spurs
    Feyenoord

Bayern Munchen
    Man City
    Anderlecht
    CSKA

I do wonder though if BT will pair the two Manchester teams or Pair Liverpool and United together it all depends and effects the draw, this looks like it has the two Manchester teams paired together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Knex. wrote: »
    7tapyY8.png

Red Bull and the lads.

Even in imaginary draws Man Utd get a piss easy group :)

I reckon Barca's losing streak will continue today. A wantaway statement from Coutinho followed by a 4th bid around 4.59pm that gets Liverpool reconsidering, followed by being drawn against us in the group stages to make sure it never happens.

If Coutinho or Barca are making another statement it'll probably wait until Saturday or Sunday, maximum disruption for the Arsenal game.

GBX wrote: »
    So we drew Leicester in the Carabaloo Cup.

so away to Leicester 2 times in a few days

• Advertisement

Anyone got any printable thoughts on Mad Alberto?

Last night really was a demonstration of how one player can inhabit two quite distinct worlds which alternative by the minute - going forward he was great, some good incisive runs, passes and cross. He definitely added something to the attack and yet his ability to get caught out of position as he wanders inside without looking behind him when out of possession keeps creating very easy chances for the opposition. I think I'd keep him daft as it sounds but move him forward, it would mean fewer starts but as a speedy left wing sub I'm sure he could be kept happy on the bench with a few picture puzzles.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭jem

ffs

I got
    Shakhtar Donetsk
    Atlético Madrid
    Liverpool
    APOEL Nicosia
    not too bad.

5starpool wrote: »
    If Coutinho or Barca are making another statement it'll probably wait until Saturday or Sunday, maximum disruption for the Arsenal game.
    That seems to be the way the special club operates:mad:

I'll be well disappointed if Coutinhos statement is released then. He can stay and play with the reserves till the end of his contract as far as I'm concerned. I'd imagine Klopp would have a fairly similar reaction too, that would be burning bridges with Klopp and his future at Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Last night really was a demonstration of how one player can inhabit two quite distinct worlds which alternative by the minute - going forward he was great, some good incisive runs, passes and cross. He definitely added something to the attack and yet his ability to get caught out of position as he wanders inside without looking behind him when out of possession keeps creating very easy chances for the opposition. I think I'd keep him daft as it sounds but move him forward, it would mean fewer starts but as a speedy left wing sub I'm sure he could be kept happy on the bench with a few picture puzzles.

I do wonder if we had a vocal CB or CM in the team to get in his ear and tell him when to defend and when to attack would that help not just him but the rest of the defence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,334 ✭✭✭Ardent

No doubt Barca are pulling the strings here again, getting him to rock the boat. But if the window closes and he's still a Liverpool player, I fully expect him to have a good season with us. It's a world cup year and he's just signed a 5.5 year contract - it would would be madness to sulk for a year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I do wonder if we had a vocal CB or CM in the team to get in his ear and tell him when to defend and when to attack would that help not just him but the rest of the defence.

Or a midfield capable of covering space when a full back goes forward.

I'd he does release another statement I hope there is something in his contract that means we can keep him but not pay him due to his conduct by refusing to play, etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

niallo27 wrote: »
    Yes but is there a better top 3 in world football now than liverpools. Serious question by the way. In England anyway

TBH I think our forward line is the best in the Prem,maybe even Europe,i just wish like everyone here we could sort the defence

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Poetry in Motion !!! Dass ist fußbol !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

not bad!!

I would take this

DTDYRhq.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Or a midfield capable of covering space when a full back goes forward.

Absolutely.

Because Liverpool don't have a dedicated DM there is a huge issue when Moreno goes forward. Hendo or Can or Winaldjum should be covering.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

I think that if we switch to 3 at the back with wing backs, he will be perfect for that system.
    I do think that system was in Klopps plans as he tried it in preseason and switches to it at the end of matches.
    He also seems to be very fond of Alberto given how he embraced him at the end of the match.
    If we want something more rigid, we play with Robertson.

It's also no harm having some pacier legs on the bench as a option if Salah and Mane are getting tired in a game.

ffs

This one is the most realistic, as Celtic always get Barcelona.

This is one tweet we never thought we would see...

https://twitter.com/Mercado_Ingles/status/900445607441178627

Barca lining up a £30m bid for Joe Allen:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,729 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Barca lining up a £30m bid for Joe Allen:D

I guess Wes will be next on the list if they can't get Allen!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Dat isht good ya...

Klopp to Bobbys son..who is your Daddy, and what does he do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Boom_Bap wrote: »
    If we want something more rigid, we play with Robertson.

It's also no harm having some pacier legs on the bench as a option if Salah and Mane are getting tired in a game.

This is how I see it too. I think we will see Moreno in more games in Europe, particularly at home, or where we expect to have a lot of ball and space to work with.

So many people complained about Moreno starting ahead of Robbo, but for that game and against that defense, it was perfect. People also complaining about Wijnaldum starting after some shaky performances, yet his shot creates the second goal, and his pass creates the 3rd.

In Klopp we trust!

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Wijnaldum is not about flair, he's about doing the simple things brilliantly and mostly in a forward direction. Thought he was great last night.

My issue lies with Henderson from his performance last night. He done a grand job, but there are midfielders out there that can do a much better job. He looked very stiff and was chancing some balls played forward rather than seeing a pass forward. He doesn't look as mobile, and Wij is probably having to do a bit of covering work due to that.

Gomez is also a brutal full back. He makes no attempt to get close to his man to block a cross.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    That was the first thing that needed to be done this season, and well done to them for doing it. Very happy.

Hopefully we bolster the squad now in the next week or so that's left.
    Most likely the reason it hasnt happened so far imo

either players targeted wanted CL confirmation
    or
    prices demanded by selling club could not be justified without CL

we will see in the next week or so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Duncan Castles is apparently about to release a statement imminently stating that he's unhappy that Coutinho is at Liverpool.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement