Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Hardly riveting tv though. Next round could be epic though as most groups have two huge clubs in them, and they'd expect to go through, so if we can make it, and United too, then it's shaping up for some classic encounters.

Well I'm happy they'll be there and competing in the CL.

Also, you never know what happens. Liverpool often don't do it easy but I would be very happy with uneventful wins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Actually would have thought Sakho would really suit Juventus, better than Howades does even. Especially his passing between the lines. Any black player would be mad to go play in Italy if they didn't have to though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Actually would have thought Sakho would really suit Juventus, better than Howades does even. Especially his passing between the lines. Any black player would be mad to go play in Italy if they didn't have to though.

Crazy that this statement is sadly true in 2017.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

~Rebel~ wrote: »

They do it in the battle of the 90 minutes, and then go home to their black wives,at least some of them. It's all to gain an advantage and rattle a player.
    Sad, but true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

mosstin wrote: »

I don't know, Mane kinda ruins it by taking more than one touch! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

For gamenights we are paired with Spurs and City, whilst United, Chelsea and Celtic are the opposite nights.
    Interesting to see the RTE/TV3 selections (would prefer not to come home at 7.30 and have to hunt streams straightaway). Should be OK for the first few games though hand on heart theres probably a case for the Spurs v RealMadrid back to back double header in Week 3 and 4 being more attractive than our games v Maribor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool will be the pick until qualified, esp the home matches. Spurs and City have hardly any following by comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Yep, can't see the 6 Spurs fans in the country kicking up enough of a fuss to be the preference. Sure they barely made a noise when they lost their own forum ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Knex. wrote: »
    Crazy that this statement is sadly true in 2017.

Reminds me of that story from a couple of days ago whereby Samuel L.Jackson and Magic Johnson were photographed sitting on a park bench in Tuscany, Italy with Louis Vuitton bags beside them . In no time at all Twitter blew up as the pair got mistaken for migrants with stacks of Italians calling them leeches on the State, disgusting, go home etc. The vitriol towards blacks in Italy can be really ugly, I wouldnt blame any black footballer for refusing a move there.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/samuel-l-jackson-magic-johnson-lazy-migrants-italy-tuscany-forte-dei-marmi-louis-vuitton-a7905026.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Whop Hoffenheim yesterday, draw a great group today.. fantastic! Things are lookin up again!

maxresdefault.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Steve The Barman

mosstin wrote: »
    Gerrard watching our 3rd goal last night.

https://twitter.com/MrBoywunder/status/900615994187579393

is he ****?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Pique talking publicly about Coutinho wanting to come to Barca.

They never fcuking stop.

We should report them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

We should report them.

Is it against the charter? Wonder why the mods didn't see it? If he was doing it to Utd and Lingard though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

This time 3 years ago we signed Ballotelli.......

Sweet Jesus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

We should report them.

This is what I'm wondering: can an individual player be done for tapping up?

If a team said it, sure. But what's to stop them telling individual players to use social media to try and publicly promote interest in a player?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Screw reporting them, lets just hope we meet in the knockout stages and put them out. With the count scoring for us of course

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Screw reporting them, lets just hope we meet in the knockout stages and put them out. With the count scoring for us of course

Scores, turns to the Barca crowd takes off his jersey and reveals a t-shirt with the message "I belong to King Kenny".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

brevity wrote: »

I prefer it in slow motion with the Moby music but it's a personal preference, hilarious looking at the crowds faces.... :D

https://streamable.com/mgkr2

• Registered Users Posts: 4,231 ✭✭✭Hercule Poirot

Hi all,

Everton fan here but I come in peace - when I was a younger lad about 15 years ago my Nan's brother used to sing a song about Hillsborough, usually at the end when we were all steamed and it was time for the sing song around the table. I remember thinking at the time I heard it that it was a great song but then the years went by and I promptly forgot about it....until it popped into my head yesterday, albeit very briefly.

I can only remember one line from it: "For Liverpool they lived for, and Liverpool they died" but I have a vague memory that it's about the fans making their way to the stadium on match day and that some of them didn't get to go home - anyone of ye know what song it is because I'd like to look it up?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

September Fixtures

Date Team TV
    9th Sep Man City (a) (PL) Sky Sports
    13th Sep Sevilla (ESP) (CL) BT Sports
    16th Sep Burnley (PL)
    20th Sep Leicester (a) (EFL CUP)
    23rd Sep Leicester (a) (PL) BT Sports
    26th Sep Spartak Moskva (RUS) (a) (CL) BT Sports

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,723 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Vicxas wrote: »
    This time 3 years ago we signed Ballotelli.......

Sweet Jesus

He's really matured and developed since though in fairness.....said no-one ever :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

For gamenights we are paired with Spurs and City, whilst United, Chelsea and Celtic are the opposite nights.
    Interesting to see the RTE/TV3 selections (would prefer not to come home at 7.30 and have to hunt streams straightaway). Should be OK for the first few games though hand on heart theres probably a case for the Spurs v RealMadrid back to back double header in Week 3 and 4 being more attractive than our games v Maribor.

:D Are you trolling, sir? I'd be astounded if any channel with an option showed LFC vs Maribor instead of Spurs vs Madrid, even accounting for the larger LFC fanbase.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Luis21

He was awful the other night for Nice. Him and Dante and Wesley. A graveyard of a club.

I think Nice are trying to be the Stoke (or maybe West Ham) of Ligue 1 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

fyfe79 wrote: »
    :D Are you trolling, sir? I'd be astounded if any channel with an option showed LFC vs Maribor instead of Spurs vs Madrid, even accounting for the larger LFC fanbase.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Liverpool games were shown on RTE/TV3 over the Spurs v Madrid games. It all comes down to viewer numbers and you'd imagine the Liverpool game would have bigger ratings in Ireland.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    I wouldn't be surprised if the Liverpool games were shown on RTE/TV3 over the Spurs v Madrid games. It all comes down to viewer numbers and you'd imagine the Liverpool game would have bigger ratings in Ireland.

I'd say it would be only Pool fans watching the Maribor game. Spurs vs Madrid would have not just Spurs fans watching, but all other fans as well (apart from Pool). It's the glamour tie featuring the POTY (ugh!) and all the other galacticos. Also interesting considering the Bale and Modric factor.

You would expect Spurs V Real Madrid to be the the main games on TV3/RTE but you never know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭Ste-

If BT get the rights to Spurs v Madrid can RTE/TV3 still show it ?

• Advertisement

Looks like TAA could be out on Sunday with that dead leg he got on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Ste- wrote: »

Yes, I dont see why not. All games are shown live anyway. As above I reckon it would come down to viewers. The other game might be bigger on paper but Liverpool would have a bigger audience here.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Liverpool could play a mid season friendly away against Bolton and it would still be shown ahead of Spurs Vs Madrid on RTÉ, don't worry.

Ste- wrote: »

BT have the rights to all games in the Champions League so all games will be on TV if you have it.

RTE/TV3 have different rights to BT

GBX wrote: »
    Yes, I dont see why not. All games are shown live anyway. As above I reckon it would come down to viewers. The other game might be bigger on paper but Liverpool would have a bigger audience here.

Aye, but all the Utd fans will want to watch the Madrid game for a glimpse of CR7 *drools*

And there's a lot of 'em here too, don't we know! :P
    Plus you'll have Arsenal fans watching Spurs and waiting for them to collapse (and 'cos they've nothing else to watch).

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Well one way or another, I'll be watching Liverpool play Maribor anyhow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

GameWeek 4 will probably come down to the state of the groups - if Spurs or Liverpool have 9/9 points at that stage and almost qualified (or indeed 0 or 1 from 9 and almost eliminated) then it makes the decision to show the other game that bit easier. GameWeek3 is marginal, my money would be on Spurs Real being shown by TV3 but wouldn't be confident.

Its not the concern of this thread but the choice on the other night between Celtic and MUFC games is kinda interesting, I'm not sure who gives the bigger audience there. Possibly MUFC but on the other hand the Celtic games have better opposition.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

It's getting close enough to match day for Barca or Coutinho to say more stuff to the media. Probably a tomorrow though, maybe a real poor me piece for the Sunday papers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

5starpool wrote: »
    It's getting close enough to match day for Barca or Coutinho to say more stuff to the media. Probably a tomorrow though, maybe a real poor me piece for the Sunday papers.

An interview with BT to air about 30 minutes before the match and when it's over the camera pans to Gerrard asking him for his "opinion" on what he watched, he will say :

"His hearts not in it anymore guys, sell him" or something and again we go into meltdown and lose 2-0 ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Fieldog wrote: »
    An interview with BT to air about 30 minutes before the match and when it's over the camera pans to Gerrard asking him for his "opinion" on what he watched, he will say :

"His hearts not in it anymore guys, sell him" or something and again we go into meltdown and lose 2-0 ...

I don't see is not scoring against Arsenal. We'd be more likely to lose 5-3 than 2-0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Ex-Professional footballer,now Professional Racehorse Trainer,TV and Radio Presenter,Pundit and ITV fit Club winner,Weakest Link Winner CDWM Chef...Born 2nd May

Copy pasta from his twitter bio :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

He ate all the pies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

We're all just checking on here for ANY news of a signing, right? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Sumo Quinn !
    He claimed he was the fastest man in Premier league *over 1 yard !

he once broke records for goal scoring for Coventry at the start of one of the seasons back in the 90s .
    In and around when that Skinner and Badiel fantasy football show was a thing he became very famous for a minute

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Looks like I'll be getting bt sports back I guess. I really couldn't give a sh1t about spurs Madrid and I don't wanna take any chances haha

Knex. wrote: »
    Ex-Professional footballer,now Professional Racehorse Trainer,TV and Radio Presenter,Pundit and ITV fit Club winner,Weakest Link Winner CDWM Chef...Born 2nd May

Copy pasta from his twitter bio :p

The zodiac sign for May 2 is Taurus. Astrological symbol: Bull

Hah!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Sumo Quinn !
    He claimed he was the fastest man in Premier league *over 1 yard !

he once broke records for goal scoring for Coventry at the start of one of the seasons back in the 90s .
    In and around when that Skinner and Badiel fantasy football show was a thing he became very famous for a minute

Which funny enough is the record he holds for eating a fish and chips..

Sometimes it's hard to know if Klopp is trolling us when you read quotes
    "James Milner plays midfield again. That is like a transfer for us."
    "All the players we spoke to were convinced, it wasn't that they said 'we want CL'. It wasn't about money either."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Sometimes it's hard to know if Klopp is trolling us when you read quotes

That Milner quote is equal parts depressing and worrying. FFS, we're not actually going into the season without adding further to our squad are we?

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/amp/news/first-team/273221-jurgen-klopp-s-transfers-update

“Until August 31, that’s how the business is – a lot of things are really possible, ins and outs. That’s how it is,” he replied.

“I’ve said it a few times, if the transfer window closed tomorrow, it is like it is and I’m happy with it.

“Just to say, in the Champions League game Divock Origi was not in the squad. He has nothing wrong, that just shows how big the quality already is. That’s just one example. Other players were also not in the squad.

“That’s the situation. We work on it, you can imagine. That’s all aside; I prepare [for] Arsenal. We are in talks. Will something happen? I don’t know.

“Obviously this transfer window is different to all other transfer windows.

“And I’ve also said it before, Andrew Robertson showed up against Crystal Palace. Before he showed up, I think everybody thought ‘Robertson from Hull?’ and now think ‘Oh my God, he’s really strong!’ I’m completely fine and happy with him. Dominic Solanke showed everything you want to see from a new player in a really short time. Mo Salah, we don’t have to talk about this.

“James Milner plays in midfield again, that’s like a transfer for us. Alberto Moreno plays left-back again in an outstanding [way]. If a few people would not still remember that a year ago he made a mistake, against Arsenal maybe, then everybody would say ‘What a performance!’ I can do it easily. Obviously I’m pretty much alone with this view. But that’s no problem.

“We will see what happens. I’m happy at the moment. Will I be happy on 31 still? Not sure. Will I be happier? Possible – we will see.”

Hmmm...

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement