Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Coutinho flies out to play for Brasil, back feels better today. It will hurt again on his return, probably strain it while playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

It makes perfect sense to let him go and join up with his national team and hopefully get a game under his belt.
    If anything he should come back to us sharper for having some game time.
    Also, Klopp has been doing the Mr. Nice guy thing with the whole back injury stuff so it only follows that he'd give him his blessing to let him play for his country.
    Looks like the plan all along was for Klopp to avoid doing anything to fan the flames with Phil, and now when he has to get him back involved he can say look I didn't have anything to do with it all, so let's just both get on with it for the season.

If that's the case then it was played very well by the owners and manager all along.

(also nullifies a few rants I had about Klopp changing the narrative but let's all forget about that) :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

GBX wrote: »
    Easily done on the likes of letmetweetthatforyou

**** off it took me ages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Turan available for free apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

No idea why anyone is even remotely surprised by Coutinho flying out with Brazil. Fact is for footballers it's a job, a career and they're never going to feel anything more for their club than you do for your job. Sure things might be going well for them at times and they might really enjoy that job but just like you, if a better offer comes along, it's going to turn their head.

Look at Steven Gerrard and how he agitated for a move to Chelsea. Footballers will never love their clubs as much as fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Turan available for free apparently

Juventus probably have fifty delegates already in Barcelona to snap up the latest bargain.

They'd love to bring Turan to Turin for a tuppence.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

martyos121 wrote: »
    Juventus probably have fifty delegates already in Madrid to snap up the latest bargain.

From Madrid they'll probably take a fight to Barcelona to get Turan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Juventus probably have fifty delegates already in Barcelona to snap up the latest bargain.

They'd love to bring Turan to Turin for a tuppence.

'He's free.'

'No, no, no....we awant a loana where you a pay his wages.'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

I'm hearing Chamberlain to Liverpool is very close. Expected to be at Anfield on Sunday. :D

I'm hearing Chamberlain to Liverpool is very close. Expected to be at Anfield on Sunday. :D

All the Twitter chat has him going to Chelsea. Would be surprised but very happy if it's Liverpool.

• Advertisement

All the Twitter chat has him going to Chelsea. Would be surprised but very happy if it's Liverpool.

Read it again slowly :-P

Fair play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Anyone else annoyed how the clubs twitter keeps referring to them as "steven Gerrards u18s".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,509 ✭✭✭✭noodler

At this late stage, I guess a back up winger purely to boost squad numbers is useful but otherwise I'd be wholly unimpressed with signing Ox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,404 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

noodler wrote: »
    At this late stage, I guess a back up winger purely to boost squad numbers is useful but otherwise I'd be wholly unimpressed with signing Ox.
    9 goals in 130 appearances and feck-all assists too.
    He got it easy at Arsenal. Thinks he's better than he actually is.

Read the second part of my statement again. I never said we signing him :-P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

I think he be good back up for gini in particular but could be very handy to have round for his versatility alone

9 goals in 130 appearances and feck-all assists too.
    He got it easy at Arsenal. Thinks he's better than he actually is.

Damning stats.

How he is worth 20 is beyond me be nevermind 30-40 being speculated.

Don't worry, it's the half dozen news articles doing the rounds rather than your post that sparked my post!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Don't worry, it's the half dozen news articles doing the rounds rather than your post that sparked my post!

Last time davyboy tries to be wry on here. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

mosstin wrote: »
    Last time davyboy tries to be wry on here. :D

A dangerous game in here for sure.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

A dangerous game in here for sure.

See, that's what happens when you don't stick to the approved list.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

Sahko to west brom doung the rounds 30m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I commend someone trying to add something new to the list.

davyboy well done!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

You need a licence for 'wry' and 'knowing' grades of humour. Inexperienced hands could deploy it in such a fashion as to be quite unamusing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

You need a licence for 'wry' and 'knowing' grades of humour. Inexperienced hands could deploy it in such a fashion as to be quite unamusing.

Knowing that wry can go awry. :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

I commend someone trying to add something new to the list.

davyboy well done!

I agree but it can't be added to the list until it's been repeated at least 40 times.

ssshhh123 wrote: »
    Sahko to west brom doung the rounds 30m

Along with Palace one last push. 30m is mentioned in the WBA story but Sakho would surely prefer Palace and they know it as he has agreed personal terms already. That's tricky for Liverpool but I reckon if they can rebuff Barcelona they can let Sakho go for a bit less than they have stated.

The other thing tonight is Origi could be allowed to go on loan

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/25/liverpool-consider-letting-divock-origi-leave-deadline-day/

"if the club do the busines they want".

This would be madness, Sturridge can't run and could break down at any moment, Ings is clearly being brought back to the game gently with the U23s and that could be for months, Solanke is able but what happens if he gets crocked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Depends on the other business, origi doesn't seem to be progressing and solanke might have moved above him so Firmino, sturridge, solanke, origi and ings might be the order of preference for one position. Alot of cover if we are only playing one of them. Not enough if there is a change of formation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We need someone to soften up Southampton, play to their softer side.
    ''GoWan you know you want to sell him''
    Sexy_Woman_Power_Suit.fdbc390fea388e280a16c4511a01e28285.jpg

• Advertisement

sword1 wrote: »
    Depends on the other business, origi doesn't seem to be progressing and solanke might have moved above him so Firmino, sturridge, solanke, origi and ings might be the order of preference for one position. Alot of cover if we are only playing one of them. Not enough if there is a change of formation

A Firmino type coming in?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,653 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Along with Palace one last push. 30m is mentioned in the WBA story but Sakho would surely prefer Palace and they know it as he has agreed personal terms already. That's tricky for Liverpool but I reckon if they can rebuff Barcelona they can let Sakho go for a bit less than they have stated.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/25/liverpool-consider-letting-divock-origi-leave-deadline-day/

This would be madness, Sturridge can't run and could break down at any moment, Ings is clearly being brought back to the game gently with the U23s and that could be for months, Solanke is able but what happens if he gets crocked?

He could be recalled if things got that bad , perhaps.
    Or making room in the match squad ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

We need someone to soften up Southampton, play to their softer side.
    ''GoWan you know you want to sell him''
    Sexy_Woman_Power_Suit.fdbc390fea388e280a16c4511a01e28285.jpg

Soften or harden

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Origi being linked with an exit if we bring players in before the end of the window. If he leaves, it better not be permanently. I know his form is a bit crap but when he learns how to use his strength properly and improves his first touch, he'll be a nightmare to defend. A loan to Newcastle would suit all parties very well if he does go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Origi being linked with an exit if we bring players in before the end of the window. If he leaves, it better not be permanently. I know his form is a bit crap but when he learns how to use his strength properly and improves his first touch, he'll be a nightmare to defend. A loan to Newcastle would suit all parties very well if he does go.

I think Newcastle would be a very good loan move and they are crying out for someone who can grab a few goals

Fantasy team watchlist!...No way.
    I'd like Kent to stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Have to say I'm pleasantly surprised with Solanke, and how well he uses his size. It's one of the things I was looking for this window, to buy a cheap backup 'big lad' striker as a different option - just didn't think he'd turn out to be it!

For our general playing style, I still have Origi ahead of him as a starter, but Solake ahead as an impact sub. Origi still better with our quick breaking game, ball on the ground into space, or to his feet, with space behind so he can touch it off and spin his man for the return ball.

But if Klopp reckons we're ok for striker options - and a lot of this depends on Ings and Sturridge's fitness - I'd love to see Origi get game time at a good attacking team. Huddersfield, Bournemouth or Newcastle could be very interesting. Rafa would love his style of play I'm sure, and tends to make strikers better players. Could be the making of him, like Sturridge's Bolton move years ago.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

No idea why anyone is even remotely surprised by Coutinho flying out with Brazil. Fact is for footballers it's a job, a career and they're never going to feel anything more for their club than you do for your job. Sure things might be going well for them at times and they might really enjoy that job but just like you, if a better offer comes along, it's going to turn their head.

Look at Steven Gerrard and how he agitated for a move to Chelsea. Footballers will never love their clubs as much as fans.

I agree this is the case for 90% of footballers..
    But then you have your Carragher's, Le Tissier's, and Terry's. That's who you want. Dirk Kuyt baby.

Incidentally, I think thats also what Klopp wants. That passion. That is why he is equally genius and frustrating in the transfer market... he wants those players who care.

Also... fučk Coutinho.

sword1 wrote: »
    Soften or harden

Geniunely lol'd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Origi is not at the required level in terms of finishing, and he needs to be playing every week in order to be fit enough to be useful. Similar to borini, he needs games and a lower level of expectation to succeed. Hope he has more brains than "lingerie for my sister" borini had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

This is great. Nice exchange between Klopp and reporters talking about Gini's newborn son.

https://streamable.com/dpwpn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Knex. wrote: »
    This is great. Nice exchange between Klopp and reporters talking about Gini's newborn son.

https://streamable.com/dpwpn

Watched the full interview last night some funny moments.

Gini is the teachers pet, calling is child Jurgan.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Reports this morning that we are back in for Howedes.

Juve want a season long loan with a deal to buy next season for €10m.

We are prepared to offer the €20m the club want.

Howedes wants to go Juve by all accounts though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Lol :D
    Who said that Juve would want it to be a loan deal..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Apparently Can has agreed to join Juventus next year on a free:mad:

http://www.football-italia.net/108802/can-promise-juventus?mobile=off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Apparently Can has agreed to join Juventus next year on a free:mad:

http://www.football-italia.net/108802/can-promise-juventus?mobile=off

Is this not tapping up seen as he can't talk to anyone until January?

Can's agent is probably looking to get Liverpool to commit to deal a bit more generous than they are currently proposing (I always assume there's an angle these days :( )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

He can't sign officially until Jan 1st

• Advertisement

Just on VVD ITK Tom28 on saintsweb says he will leave and it's probably for Chelsea. His agent is definitely pushing him in that direction thought he still wants LFC. Be interesting to see how all this pans out as Chelsea are apparently after both Ox-Cham and Barkley in a late splurge.

According to John Cross this morning Liverpool are going to make a big effort to land Ox-Cham. Now if that happens Chelsea may have more latitude to spend big on VVD.

[something about dominoes here]

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement