Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Is this not tapping up seen as he can't talk to anyone until January?
    As fa as I can see, it's only tapping up if there is a roller coaster involved?:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Just on VVD ITK Tom28 on saintsweb says he will leave and it's probably for Chelsea. His agent is definitely pushing him in that direction thought he still wants LFC. Be interesting to see how all this pans out as Chelsea are apparently after both Ox-Cham and Barkley in a late splurge.

According to John Cross this morning Liverpool are going to make a big effort to land Ox-Cham. Now if that happens Chelsea may have more latitude to spend big on VVD.

[something about dominoes here]

I think there must be a strong verbal agreement with vvd. Surely we would have moved on to another target by now otherwise. Liverpool seem to have eyes only for him and he is doing all he can to get to Liverpool. It would probably been better for both if this wasn't the case but they have so much put in to it now they will look foolish if he doesn't sign for Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

sword1 wrote: »
    I think there must be a strong verbal agreement with vvd. Surely we would have moved on to another target by now otherwise. Liverpool seem to have eyes only for him and he is doing all he can to get to Liverpool. It would probably been better for both if this wasn't the case but they have so much put in to it now they will look foolish if he doesn't sign for Liverpool.

My undersranding was that it was always VVD or no one..? Even if he'd gone soewhere else or decided tostay put, there was no plan B or any intetnion of having one?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Nik Postinger @nikpostinger
    Gazzetta dello Sport say Höwedes's move has stalled as #Juve are only interested in a €2m loan deal. Schalke inviting #LFC to enter bidding.
    11:01 AM - Aug 26, 2017

https://twitter.com/nikpostinger/status/901384106302459904

My undersranding was that it was always VVD or no one..? Even if he'd gone soewhere else or decided tostay put, there was no plan B or any intetnion of having one?

That's what I am saying, there must be assurances from both sides as they only have eyes for each other

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Okay, our bid is a €2mil+€1 loan deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Can's agent is probably looking to get Liverpool to commit to deal a bit more generous than they are currently proposing (I always assume there's an angle these days )

We should just offer him a 150k a week 5 year contract and hope he signs. He is a good player and klopp sees him as a big part of the way we play. If he starts becoming more consistent then brilliant. If he doesn't at least we can get something for him if we put him up for sale.

We can't become arsenal and just let players leave for free

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

If after all this van dijk ends up at chelsea it would be a proper farce by the club.

Just offer them 70 million pounds and get it done. This whole waiting to be allowed to bid is pure nonsense and shows you how bad the transfer side of things are at the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

ricero wrote: »
    If after all this van dijk ends up at chelsea it would be a proper farce by the club.

Just offer them 70 million pounds and get it done. This whole waiting to be allowed to bid is pure nonsense and shows you how bad the transfer side of things are at the club

This makes no sense.

If Southampton won't sell to us, why do you think bidding is suddenly going to work?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Mr.H wrote: »
    We should just offer him a 150k a week 5 year contract and hope he signs. He is a good player and klopp sees him as a big part of the way we play. If he starts becoming more consistent then brilliant. If he doesn't at least we can get something for him if we put him up for sale.

We can't become arsenal and just let players leave for free

Much as I'm frustrated by the lack of signings too, I don't think "offer them loads, who cares" is a great business tactic.

• Advertisement

5starpool wrote: »
    Much as I'm frustrated by the lack of signings too, I don't think "offer them loads, who cares" is a great business tactic.

I've three seasons of Eastbound and Down on a USB, and the full Microsoft Office suite, that I can throw in the mix as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

70M for VVD is absolutely madness.....

NukaCola wrote: »
    70M for VVD is absolutely madness.....

It's ridiculous. He's getting better the closer it gets to the closing of the window.

The way we play he'll probably look like a dud anyway!!

I'd rather we spent huge money on a world class CM, ad pick up a CB for half that fee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Can we just slap €30m on the ****ing table for a World Cup winner at the peak of his career please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Can you just stop with this absolute drivel

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Can we just slap €30m on the ****ing table for a World Cup winner at the peak of his career please?

Howedes? Makes perfect sense to me anyway. Should do well with his old team mate Matip, played over 150+ games together over 7 years. Experienced, available and relatively cheap. Wouldn't stop Gomez progression too much either age wise if that was an issue. Not a flashy name but at the very worse great cover and would probably start most games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

€20mil would probably get it done. Wasn't there talk of a release clause?

Looking at Howedes appearance numbers, is he injury prone, or was he in and out of the Schalke starting XI?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

If we don't go in for Howedes I'd l nearly expect a big fat panic bid like that to go in for Van Dijk. Especially if circumstances change with Coutinho.

ERG89 wrote: »
    If we don't go in for Howedes I'd l nearly expect a big fat panic bid like that to go in for Van Dijk. Especially if circumstances change with Coutinho.

I would hope there is more planning going on than that. Coutinho transfer should not be a factor in vvd transfer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

corwill wrote: »
    €20mil would probably get it done. Wasn't there talk of a release clause?

Looking at Howedes appearance numbers, is he injury prone, or was he in and out of the Schalke starting XI?

In today's game, the extra €10 million is 'and get yourself something in the shop'.

• Advertisement

sword1 wrote: »
    That's what I am saying, there must be assurances from both sides as they only have eyes for each other

Both sides don't have the controlling vote though, S'ton do. Much like coutinho, he goes no where unless current club allows it.

Are we even in for him? Does klopp want him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Sterling missing the game against us now thanks to getting sent off there.

Football Italia saying Can has agreed in principle to join Juventus next year.

http://www.football-italia.net/108802/can-promise-juventus?mobile=off

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Knex. wrote: »

If true then its shocking negligence by the club. Further proof that the people in the board room dont have a scooby doo

Apparently Can has agreed to join Juventus next year on a free:mad:

Knex. wrote: »

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If he really has agreed to a move already, that should be his season finished. No way I'd trust a player to give his all when he has no future at the club. Don't care how good he is, it's a horrible thing to do at this stage.

Hope it's all lies or posturing for a better contract offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Pity, because he was rubbish apart from the goal. Now we'll face a far trickier player in Sane.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

Juve snapping up can on a free is vintage juve so I'm inclined to believe. The club would be stupid to not try intervene and improve their current contract offer however especially after his goals midweek.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I agree. Hope it's not true, and it remains to be seen, but if true I wouldnt give him another game. Sit out first team training with Coutinho.

It's amazing how we havent secured him to another contract.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,255 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

J Mysterio wrote: »
    I agree. Hope it's not true, and it remains to be seen, but if true I wouldnt give him another game.

Maybe he didnt want to sign? We don't know the full story. But if it's all true, he should rot in the stands, bit I doubt it's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭poolboy

If true then its shocking negligence by the club. Further proof that the people in the board room dont have a scooby doo

This **** from our fans is really starting to get to me, its everywhere you look.
    What do you know about the situation, not everything is about money . Maybe his Mrs isnt happy in Liverpool. Maybe he wants to live somewhere else. Its the same as this "just get it done" crap with signings, its all so simple, why then are spurs chelsea arsenal all struggling for signings. Nobody in those clubs have a "scooby doo" either?

Klopp has been clear - he'll play him regardless of the contract.

He has a history of it at Dortmund too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I agree. Hope it's not true, and it remains to be seen, but if true I wouldnt give him another game. Sit out first team training with Coutinho.

Doesn't surprise me, look at how he joined us

We dont have a choice either really tbh...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If Can wants to leave he is going around it the right way for me.

It seems he has told the club he wants to move on and isn't forcing his way out or taking a big money new contract and then throwing a hissy fit.

He is playing and playing well and giving his all as shown in the CL games.

If he plays like that for the rest of the season I'll thank him and wish him all the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

If he's set on Juve, I'd be looking to get that done this summer if possible and get Khedira off them in exchange, or better yet Marchisio who's been linked with an exit. Not too realistic but I don't want us being hung out to dry again.

Yeah Can's being a perfect professional here if he does want out when his contract expires. It's hard to deny the pull Juve have ahead of us, if his head won't be turned by big wages. Maybe we'll have a great season and Juve will have a slightly off one and he'll want to stay with us, who knows? Nothing in his performance midweek suggested he was going to half-arse because he plans on leaving next summer, he put in his best performance for the club.

Maybe we tried hard to tie him down to a longer contract but I'd find it hard to believe if we tried to get him to sign a contract last season and gave him 3/4 of what we gave Lovren that he wouldn't have signed a deal.

If he goes it was a huge mistake to not negotiate a new deal sooner, or tie him down to a longer term than 3 years when we signed him first. I can understand people getting annoyed tbh, I think there was things we could have done to keep him but maybe not. If he goes to Juventus, they'll get a 30M/40M player for nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

poolboy wrote:
    This **** from our fans is really starting to get to me, its everywhere you look.

Klopp seemed quite positive about the renewal previously but the last time he spoke about it wasn't sounding confident. If we lose him on a free it's be a sickener tbh. Coutinho is on strike & Mane could see interest next summer if he maintain a form.
    It's not been a good summer in the transfer window, every fan Liverpool can see that so if we start losing key players having poor recruitment isn't a good situation to be in.

• Advertisement

Wouldn't give him another game?
    Lunacy IMO ..... if he honours his contract he's done nothing wrong. We have coutinho apparently not wanting to play for us.... Can's situation isn't at all similar.

Do folks expect all our players to renew contracts as it suits us and fnck off when we want them to?

Offering him less than lovren was a poor move by the club IMO....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Augeo wrote: »
    Wouldn't give him another game?
    Lunacy IMO ..... if he honours his contract he's done nothing wrong. We have coutinho apparently not wanting to play for us.... Can's situation isn't at all similar.

Do folks expect all our players to renew contracts as it suits us and fnck off when we want them to?

Offering him less than lovren was a poor move by the club IMO....

Offering Lovren what they did was poorer imo.
    A poor player who now has no reason to fight for a better contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I see youse guys point.
    I retract my imflammatory statement.

Still.... Don't let him leave ffs!
    Tell him he is important, give him more money, compliment his hair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Our players should play worse so nobody wants them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Palace might pay £60m for Sakho at this stage.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Our players should play worse so nobody wants them.

Or reward players that play well and make it harder for those teams to take them. We done it with Coutinho why not Can? As I said, I'd find it hard to believe that if we gave him a good deal a year ago we would be in this position now. But maybe we did.

He was not rewarded for playing well but we rewarded mediocrity by offering huge wages to Lovren and giving Mig a 5 year deal. Handing Flanagan a new long term deal is another example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Rather he played seems to go missing in those games

Rather he played seems to go missing in those games

I still love his miss from a yard out last season when Milner blatantly fouled him and the ref gave nothing.

The rumours of Aguero hitting a steward are obviously false, but if they somehow end up being true that'd be a great ban for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

So are Newcastle going to finish 2nd? I mean they are beating West Ham 3-0 when some other team beat them 4-0 they were crowned champions

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Lovren on 100k is a joke. But I still remember this time last year a lot of people weren't sure if Can was worth keeping, he did have a dip in form. Maybe that's why he wasn't renewed sooner?
    Whatever happened it looks a big **** up. Again

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement