Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Really really really really really glad Barca aren't looking to by Mane!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,403 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

No, no, no just ****ing no. No ****ing way. Not having it. **** Alberto Moreno. He's just utterly poisonous as a defender. I simply cannot accept that he is near good enough to be playing left back for this club for this long despite repeated displays of major incompetence at his core job. In key moments of big games.

Particularly in the context of an ever improving financial situation for the club since he was signed. **** the managers, coaches, scouts and administrative staff at the club that have allowed this nonsense to fester in the squad undermining our aspirations constantly and repeatedly.

We have an utterly electric ability to break at pace and cause teams major problems at the back. And we are in danger of rendering that ability utterly irrelevant given how utterly porous we are from a defensive perspective.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Would love to see Solanke score here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    No, no, no just ****ing no. No ****ing way. Not having it. **** Alberto Moreno. He's just utterly poisonous as a defender. I simply cannot accept that he is near good enough to be playing left back for this club for this long despite repeated displays of major incompetence at his core job. In key moments of big games.

Particularly in the context of an ever improving financial situation for the club since he was signed. **** the managers, coaches, scouts and administrative staff at the club that have allowed this nonsense to fester in the squad undermining our aspirations constantly and repeatedly.

We have an utterly electric ability to break at pace and cause teams major problems at the back. And we are in danger of rendering that ability utterly irrelevant given how utterly porous we are from a defensive perspective.

It's a blot on Klopp's book, for me. I can't accept it. Baffling.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

TAA didn't play the whistle.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Something stinks at this club at the moment when the likes of moreno is still starting at lb. Something has to be going on behind the scenes

Henderson the worst player on the pitch by a country mile and TAA cost us the goal in defence Salah, Fun Bobby and Mane all missed simple chances but everything is Moreno's fault.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Henderson the worst player on the pitch by a country mile and TAA cost us the goal in defence Salah, Fun Bobby and Mane all missed simple chances but everything is Moreno's fault.

Moreno voted for Trump don't you know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

ricero wrote: »
    Something stinks at this club at the moment when the likes of moreno is still starting at lb. Something has to be going on behind the scenes

Like what? Is John Henry grooming little Alberto? That's a serious accusation ricero, how could you say something like that?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Like what, Klopp's ****ing moreno s wife, moreno looked good preseason and klopp obviously sees something in training, no need for tinfoil hats

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

I'm presuming Milner is refusing to play there this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I'd have bitten your hand off for 2-1 at the start.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

ricero wrote:

I imagine Klopp is in the dark in terms of Coutinho's future, Robertson was a stop gap signing he didn't want & there is huge overall frustration of missing out on most of our transfer targets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Why did we sign robertson ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Not sure I can stick another season of the Lovren/Moreno axis of evil.

This squad badly needs a few new players. Otherwise we are going to be wrecked by January.

• Advertisement

Can't complain at all, great result IMO
    1.75 feet in the CL

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭spoonerhead

Am I the only one who taught we really got out of jail tonight? Taught we were awful at the back

Unbeaten start to the season continues :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Not gonna break out the party poppers yet like some, because some if that was just too worrying. Not for the return leg, but the season as a whole.

Moreno is .. Like... I can't keep up this broken record. Mig was great. Hendo... I'm not sure when he's actually back...

Mane is probably world class.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Didn't think Moreno was all out that bad tonight. If he made the mistake taa made they thread would be in melt down.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

That was apocalyptically bad in so many ways.

Lovren and Moreno are surely the worst side of a defence in any club anywhere ever.

Hendo was just wretched, as I said above what's his job and why can't he do it?

Salah was annoying - good stuff then bad stuff.

Klopp simply has to bring in a CM and CB or it's Europa League at Christmas at best. Robertson must be wondering how long he'll have to wait.

TAA while not perfect is certainly a bright spot, may he stay so.

Nice win

giphy.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Question marks over both centre backs for me. Both decent players but neither top class.

Lovren always has a mistake in him.

Matip is lightweight and can be bullied.

Both are quite good on the ball, but I'm not buying that defensive problems are mainly the result of the system.

If VVD isn't available there should be other targets. Someone like Winston Reid for example, big, strong, can get his head on a ball. Not sure if he's better than what we have but would be effective in matches like this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

koppy wrote: »
    Didn't think Moreno was all out that bad tonight. If he made the mistake taa made they thread would be in melt down.

They were both sloppy at the back. Thing is, TAA is young and only just in the team. We've years of seeing Moreno do this. He has a backlog of individual moments of madness.

How he is in this team is absolutely beyond me. He's never going to eradicate his brain farts and you can't build a title challenging team with a player that unreliable in it. I'm genuinely shocked at Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

koppy wrote: »

Yeah but Moreno has a long history of being ****e. TAA is still a relative novice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Eh, there will be very few easy games with that defence and midfield.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Having to stay totally still as the second goal went in because I'm holding a small, sleeping baby is a new one for me, but as long as we're scoring I can get used to it.

Lucky I was holding him for the one we conceded too or I'd have kicked something (not him).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Just because TAA fcuked up for the goal doesn't mean Moreno was fine, bar a good cross near the end of the game I don't remember him doing a single good thing, and plenty of bad things. Also when you're trying to knock our 18 year old fullback (who scored a cracking free kick) down a peg to make Moreno look less bad it's not a great sign.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Matip was culpable too. He had no ****ing clue where the attacker was.

He's been absolute ****e so far this season.

That was a bizarre game.
    It was like a game where you get battered but pox a couple of goals, but in this case we did actually deserve to win because Hoffenheim's forward line was so inept.

To be absolutely clear, our defending had absolutely nothing to do with us only conceding once.

It was, for my money, markedly worse than against Watford.
    Every time someone ran at Moreno he let them past, he committed to stupid tackles leaving acres of space behind him, more than once his clearing header was just a blind looping header back into the middle of the pitch, he never knows where his man is, he always get's caught out by the cross field ball.
    I think he's the worst defender I've ever seen and he actually seems worse than before. There's no second wind or earned place back in the team. He's at least as bad as he's ever been.

I can only assume at this point that Milner is refusing to play LB or is injured or something, because while I don't particularly rate him at a LB, he's 10 times the LB Moreno is.
    I'd rather some randomer from the youth squad.

It feels like we're all taking ****ing crazy pills or something. How can Klopp possibly not see this?

And it's not like there's a trade off. With the addition of Salah, we have loads on the break.

Lovren was an abomination as well. Matip's been bad but **** trying to stay organised with 2 lunatics to your left and a child to your right.

I don't think it's possible to enjoy a massive away win in the CL less.

I want to kick the lot of them in the face.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Fair result.

Central-midfield and the left side of the defence just isn't anywhere near good enough to contend for a league title.

• Advertisement

Folks using an 18 year olds error to try and make Moreno look better.... unreal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

Just because TAA fcuked up for the goal doesn't mean Moreno was fine, bar a good cross near the end of the game I don't remember him doing a single good thing, and plenty of bad things. Also when you're trying to knock our 18 year old fullback (who scored a cracking free kick) down a peg to make Moreno look less bad it's not a great sign.

Don't tell me there are people trying to convince themselves he had a good game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

I'd hope we give grujic plenty of game time this season,has star written all over him.

We won,should be out of sight,our defense just gives every team we face a good deal of hope,that's a massive problem.

Neil Lennon says we need to buy a center forward, why do people keep saying this?

Grayditch wrote: »

Mane is probably world class.

He could be telling defenders a running commentary of what he's about to do to them and they still wouldn't have a ****ing hope of stopping him.

Defenders aren't capable of understanding his acceleration.
    They're standing there, doing all the right things and then poof, he just runs in a straight line past them and there is absolutely nothing they can do.

It's phenomenal. And he still doesn't look sharp.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Clyne will struggle big time to force taa out of the team. Seems fairly down to earth in he's interviews aswell.

Great to see a scouser in the team

bur wrote: »
    Don't tell me there are people trying to convince themselves he had a good game?

Essentially the story is klopp said he's back 100% so folks follow that and see him as perfect.
    Sheeple type stuff IMO

I still would have played Clyne ahead of Trent for tonight's game but he held his own for the most part and showed fantastic confidence to take the free kick. Exciting season ahead for him.

• Advertisement

We should try for Costa he's sitting on his arse in Brazil not ventured nothing gained.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

5starpool wrote: »
    Having to stay totally still as the second goal went in because I'm holding a small, sleeping baby is a new one for me, but as long as we're scoring I can get used to it.

Lucky I was holding him for the one we conceded too or I'd have kicked something (not him).
    Just remember to catch the child again as the winning goal goes in.

#notmyfault:pac:

I'd hope we give grujic plenty of game time this season,has star written all over him.

We won,should be out of sight,our defense just gives every team we face a good deal of hope,that's a massive problem.

He didn't have much chance and he had a pretty inauspicious start with that idiotic foul just outside our box, but he played a lovely ball around the corner to Salah shortly afterwards.

I believe the term is "good feet for a big man".
    He looks like a bit of a bruiser but he seems to be all about that lovely weight of pass.

If Moreno is to be kept it should be as some kind of half time comedy show. There was a classic Moreno moment where he was on his hands and knees in the opposition box and attempted to bowl over their player that had the ball. And another one where he missed his initial clearance but managed to beat their player to the second ball by doing a couple of rolls/tumbles towards the ball.

Neil Lennon says we need to buy a center forward, why do people keep saying this?

Without coutinho Bobby is not great IMO

I'd say he's the player Xhaka looks up to and hopes to be.

• Advertisement

Souness is fuming at Liverpool.

He also referred to Firmino as one of our CMs so I'm not sure how trustworthy he is.

I still would have played Clyne ahead of Trent for tonight's game but he held his own for the most part and showed fantastic confidence to take the free kick. Exciting season ahead for him.

Chuck him in midfield instead of Henderson.
    Shift the other two backwards. See how he likes carrying the ball.
    He makes pretty good use of it too. Good movement, good choice of pass and pretty reliable in excecution.

Couldn't be worse than what we saw in the first half.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

A lot of people don't understand what a good player Firmino is and what he brings to the team. His numbers don't look great for a "centre-forward", but that's cos he's not really a centre forward in the traditional sense.

Now that he's on penos he should start getting some slack from pundits as I can see him getting over the 20 mark in the league with some added goals there.

I think all of us watching him week in week out know how important he is for how the team plays. I think even more so with two pace demons either side of him, he's the ideal player for them to play with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

5starpool wrote: »

Congratulations?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Would gladly replace the whole useless defence bar Trent

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement