Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

So are Newcastle going to finish 2nd? I mean they are beating West Ham 3-0 when some other team beat them 4-0 they were crowned champions
    Bring Rafa back :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,949 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

All reports have always said that Can's problems are with guaranteed playing time, he's starting every game right now but that's due to injuries. Maybe if he's shown he'll be a starter when Lallana and Coutinho are back he'll come around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

martyos121 wrote: »
    Origi being linked with an exit if we bring players in before the end of the window. If he leaves, it better not be permanently. I know his form is a bit crap but when he learns how to use his strength properly and improves his first touch, he'll be a nightmare to defend. A loan to Newcastle would suit all parties very well if he does go.

he's brutal imo.. he's a big man but a real skeletor... no desire to get stuck in... not arséd if he goes to be honest... no real loss...

mada999 wrote: »
    he's brutal imo.. he's a big man but a real skeletor... no desire to get stuck in... not arséd if he goes to be honest... no real loss...

Brutal is harsh..... average IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Augeo wrote: »
    Brutal is harsh..... average IMO

ok i'll give you that.. brutal was a bit harsh... average is probably correct..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

NukaCola wrote: »
    Or reward players that play well and make it harder for those teams to take them. We done it with Coutinho why not Can? As I said, I'd find it hard to believe that if we gave him a good deal a year ago we would be in this position now. But maybe we did.

He was not rewarded for playing well but we rewarded mediocrity by offering huge wages to Lovren and giving Mig a 5 year deal. Handing Flanagan a new long term deal is another example.

Was tongue in cheek. I agree with you, I'd love him to be here long term and would do what it takes to nail him down. I'd even give him the captaincy if he signed long term.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Awesome :D
    Careful coach. You'll be snapped up by @LFC with leaning skills like that 🤣 #FCABMG

https://twitter.com/borussia_en/status/901430612535455744

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

mada999 wrote: »

He's brutal when he's out of form, which is a lot of the time to be fair. I'd hope people remember the quality he showed towards the end of 15/16 until that filthy Everton player tried to break his leg. He was our best player for those couple of months IMO and he hasn't recaptured that form since. He's still extremely young, to write him off as brutal now is a massive overreaction. Voronin, Borini, N'Gog and Lambert were brutal, I wouldn't dream of putting Origi in that bracket purely because he has so much time to develop and from what I hear he's got the work ethic to do so.

As for Origi, he's not kicked on much since his good run last season when he stepped up when our 'world class' back up striker was nowhere to be seen.

My he needs a long list of injuries to colour fans' memories on him.

• Advertisement

Origi like Can has been is a player who needs a run of games to get up to match speed.

Finding a player who can get up to match speed coming off the bench once every couple of games is very hard to find.

I'd like to see Origi go to Huddersfield or Brighton teams with good coaches and who try to play good football and he should be able to get games weekly with them.

If goes to a lower team and does a Flanagan or Wilshire and can't get regular football then he probably isn't up to the standard.

A loan to a Premier League team would do Origi the world of good. A decent run of games and he's firing, 5 in 5 for us while Coutinho was out injured last season.

Barca are in the ear of part club owner LeBron James to try and get him to help with getting Coutinho out of the club is being reported in Spain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Origi just turned 22 in April and there's plenty of potential there. 21 goals and 7 assists in just over 3700 minutes for LFC.....Its a goal every 176 minutes.

He's not the finished article but I'd be loaning him out to a team that can play him every game. He probably wont get the minutes he needs here. Maybe he wont be a Lukaku but if regular game time could improve his goal per appearance ratio and make him a better all round player then theres certainly room for that in this squad. If he gets regular game time and doesn't improve, then maybe we can look at the situation and see if we should move him on at that stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Barca are in the ear of part club owner LeBron James to try and get him to help with getting Coutinho out of the club is being reported in Spain.

Desperate bunch of miserable, conniving little scumbags, if I'm being overly nice.

But they're "more than a club" so it's grand, that's what they reckon yeah?

I'd rather sell him to United for one pound at this stage. Lingard would keep him out of the team anyway sure.

F*ck off LeBron and take your sh!tty runners with you.

Wonder did any crystal balls spot this development.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Who's LeBron James and why does he have his names back to front?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Some basketball player who is no stranger to controversial trades in sport

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Basketball star who got a percentage of Liverpool as part of a deal giving fsg his image rights. Him and maverick carter got ten percent between them.

So we're in the CL, Coutinho & Can want out and apart from keita & Virgil we don't seem to have any major targets.

Moreno seems to be in with a shout of making LB his own again or at least he'll see plenty game time.

Milner is a new CM for us.

Baffling stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

EZsNgly.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Augeo wrote: »
    So we're in the CL, Coutinho & Can want out and apart from keita & Virgil we don't seem to have any major targets.

Moreno seems to be in with a shout of making LB his own again or at least he'll see plenty game time.

Milner is a new CM for us.

Baffling stuff.

Exactly my thoughts there is something rotten going on behind the seems i feel.

FSG i reckon would love us to become the new arsenal. Get top 4 and champions league every season but never invest too much thus we will never challenge for major honors

Can obviously doesn't see his future with us which is a shame. He was offerered a contract by the club wasn't he?

ricero wrote: »

FSG i reckon would love us to become the new arsenal. Get top 4 and champions league every season but never invest too much thus we will never challenge for major honors

x2023..jpg

ricero wrote: »

I'm not alluding to anything rotten behind the scenes :)

Also, the days of arsenal like perennial top 4 pl finishes are gone IMO, too many teams in with a shout now. You could spend a fortune & finish 5th these days.

Leicester look fairly insipid sh!te going forward...we should be able to contain them to scoring 2 goals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

If Can wants to leave he is going around it the right way for me.

It seems he has told the club he wants to move on and isn't forcing his way out or taking a big money new contract and then throwing a hissy fit.

He is playing and playing well and giving his all as shown in the CL games.

If he plays like that for the rest of the season I'll thank him and wish him all the best.

Not if he already agreed to move when it is illegal for him to even talk to a club until January.

If its true then this is as bad as Coutinho imo

Mr.H wrote: »
    Not if he already agreed to move when it is illegal for him to even talk to a club until January.

No worse than kloppo bringing Virgil to the funfair IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Andy Carroll boyzone.jpg

Augeo wrote:
    No worse than kloppo bringing Virgil to the funfair IMO

Of course. But nobody is saying Virgil is doing it the right way.

Can is just a snake in the grass if he is talking to another club already. He can do one for all I care if that's the case. I'd sell him. He may or may not accept a transfer but I'd tell him he won't play for the club again and risk sitting in the stand in a world cup year if he doesn't leave. Then sell him and get something for him. Any agreement with juve is not legally binding

We're light enough in midfield without getting rid / ostracising Can this window too.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Of course. But nobody is saying Virgil is doing it the right way.

Can is just a snake in the grass if he is talking to another club already. He can do one for all I care if that's the case. I'd sell him. He may or may not accept a transfer but I'd tell him he won't play for the club again and risk sitting in the stand in a world cup year if he doesn't leave. Then sell him and get something for him. Any agreement with juve is not legally binding

I doubt he's talked to anyone but his agent at this point. No point in over reacting to one report when you or I or anyone like us has no clue whatsoever what's going on.

Looks like Karius is starting tomorrow, rumours of Mignolet being ill and he's just tweeted about missing the fight tonight because of the big game tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Looks like Karius is starting tomorrow, rumours of Mignolet being ill and he's just tweeted about missing the fight tonight because of the big game tomorrow.

Surely he'd have to be at the game Anyway(on the bench)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

The way can celebrated his 2 goals the last night he certainly doesn't look like a lad who wants out to me tbh

Klopp mentioned something about players wanting champions league before signing contracts. Previously it was mentioned he wanted playing time. Well tick and tick so hopefully he will sign soon. As for the reactions to every click bait story some people would want to be learning now to wait for a good source.

We might have karius, lovren & Moreno on pitch at same time.... :o

Why would he be worried about the game tomorrow if he is ill.....

Why would he be worried about the game tomorrow if he is ill.....

Mignolet's ill, Karius tweeted about missing the fight because of a big match tomorrow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

sword1 wrote: »
    Klopp mentioned something about players wanting champions league before singing contracts. Previously it was mentioned he wanted playing time. Well tick and tick so hopefully he will sign soon. As for the reactions to every click bait story some people would want to be learning now to wait for a good source.

I honestly don't think there's such a thing any more. People that you'd rely on in the past(Reddy,Pearce etc etc) have got more wrong than right this Summer. They're all as clueless as each other.

• Advertisement

I honestly don't think there's such a thing any more. People that you'd rely on in the past(Reddy,Pearce etc etc) have got more wrong than right this Summer. They're all as clueless as each other.

They've hardly posted a thing regarding transfers since Blackpoolgate.

Worse. At least Coutinho signed a contract and well get a massive fee.

Well the version of the can to juventus story I saw only mentioned an Italian paper as the source and no mention of where they got it. Sounds like no source only the imagination of an Italian journalist

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

They've hardly posted a thing regarding transfers since Blackpoolgate.

Just rehashing the same rubbish over and over.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

shamrock55 wrote: »
    The way can celebrated his 2 goals the last night he certainly doesn't look like a lad who wants out to me tbh

What it showed is that he's fully committed this season, whether it is his last or not. Proper order. As said earlier, apart from the fact that we're not getting a transfer fee (bad) I prefer players to do things this way rather than act like spoilt brats when clubs won't let them move in the middle of contracts.

5starpool wrote:
    I doubt he's talked to anyone but his agent at this point. No point in over reacting to one report when you or I or anyone like us has no clue whatsoever what's going on.

Your probably right. I'm just getting annoyed because if these were players at another club we would be looking at the club thinking they falling apart.

We need to get our sh1t together and fast

• Advertisement

Klopp's use to players seeing out their contract and leaving. In 2013 Bayern put in a bid for Lewandowski and it was decided that Dortmund would keep him for the final year of his contract and then let him go for free. He ended the season as the top scorer in the league and even played against Bayern in the cup final at the end of the season.

Your probably right. I'm just getting annoyed because if these were players at another club we would be looking at the club thinking they falling apart.

We need to get our sh1t together and fast

Have a read of any Arsenal forum/thread. There's panic stations!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Mignolet's ill, Karius tweeted about missing the fight because of a big match tomorrow.

Feck, maybe Ward will play. Anything but Karius. He makes lovren look competent in comparison. .

Have a read of any Arsenal forum/thread. There's panic stations!

A good example of why people should be calm on this thread :rolleyes:others are watching

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Feck, maybe Ward will play. Anything but Karius. He makes lovren look competent in comparison. .

Karius tweeted no fight for me tonight as matchday tomorrow. He would be there anyway given he is on the bench.

Nothing in this story at all

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement