Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Could be something, could be nothing but Renato Sanches was left out of the BM match squad today at his request.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

5starpool wrote: »
    What it showed is that he's fully committed this season, whether it is his last or not. Proper order. As said earlier, apart from the fact that we're not getting a transfer fee (bad) I prefer players to do things this way rather than act like spoilt brats when clubs won't let them move in the middle of contracts.

And likewise people shouldn't bitch and moan when a player who gives an honest effort throughout his contract chooses to walk away on a free at the end of his contract and agree terms with a new club as Can may do in January.

Yes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

shamrock55 wrote: »
    The way can celebrated his 2 goals the last night he certainly doesn't look like a lad who wants out to me tbh

The old cynic in me would counter that by saying, that it may be possible that CL qualifiers are great places to put in a shift when you have only a handful of days left where a club might lose all value on you.

Contract negotiations have been known to summon extra spirit in a player.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

And likewise people shouldn't bitch and moan when a player who gives an honest effort throughout his contract chooses to walk away on a free at the end of his contract and agree terms with a new club as Can may do in January.

Yes?

That's exactly what I said isn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Van dijk has changed agents apparently to force a move away according to the independent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

He seems more trouble than he is worth, regularly changing agents is another sign of the diva in vvd

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Klopp say Origi is going nowhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Dominic King‏Verified account @DominicKing_DM 23s23 seconds ago
    Crystal Palace more hopeful they can wrap up deal for Mamadou Sakho this week. He is their main priority, all funds set aside to sign him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Watching Palace vs Swansea. They definitely need a Sakho type player. Dreadful at the back and for both of their goals today another ex Red - Martin Kelly - was culpable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I think if he plays him more he can go somewhere, maybe not start but can contribute.

• Advertisement

Yes?

Honest effort throughput the contract is debatable! I like Can and I really hope he stays but he's not been the most consistent player we've had. He's definitely improved a lot in recent times for sure.

Dominic King‏Verified account @DominicKing_DM 23s23 seconds ago
    Crystal Palace more hopeful they can wrap up deal for Mamadou Sakho this week. He is their main priority, all funds set aside to sign him.

Good stuff, was thinking about the transfers out watching the Palace highlights just then.

Markovic is still at the club and I've not heard a peep since July and Watford I think it was,
    Flanno likewise.
    Ojo is on loan at Fulham
    Kent might go out

Who else could leave be it for good or loan?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Good stuff, was thinking about the transfers out watching the Palace highlights just then.

Markovic is still at the club and I've not heard a peep since July and Watford I think it was,
    Flanno likewise.
    Ojo is on loan at Fulham
    Kent might go out

Who else could leave be it for good or loan?

Ward? loan probably.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Reports of Origi being out with a back injury.

There are no end of reports - that one about Mig being ill is BS

https://twitter.com/HLNinEngeland/status/901543412100464642

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

ricero wrote: »
    FSG i reckon would love us to become the new arsenal. Get top 4 and champions league every season but never invest too much thus we will never challenge for major honors

Don't underestimate this view imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Don't underestimate this view imo.

I wouldn't anyway. We're not challenging for nothing this year bar domestic trophies & top 4.
    When you stumble over the line like we did last year & only buy Salah to improve the first team going into the CL it doesn't overwhelm me with ambition.
    I don't buy into Klopp not wanting alternative targets as much as I do Coutinho's back injury as most of our signings have had to been that anyway.
    I would probably take 4th again in a heartbeat now given the extra games we have but I feel it'll be ourselves & Arsenal will miss out.

McGregor fanboys taking that defeat badly.

Anyway, big game today. I reckon another goalfest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭klose

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    McGregor fanboys taking that defeat badly.

Anyway, big game today. I reckon another goalfest.

I've a passing interest in both sports at best but it seems plainly obvious that this was just a massive cash grab for both parties and fooled their audiences into thinking it was a serious event?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Belgian journalist Kristof Terreur reporting that Mignolet isn't in the squad, but he isn't injured or ill. Karius will start.

klose wrote: »
    I've a passing interest in both sports at best but it seems plainly obvious that this was just a massive cash grab for both parties and fooled their audiences into thinking it was a serious event?

Yeah, that's it really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,668 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Benimar wrote: »
    Belgian journalist Kristof Terreur reporting that Mignolet isn't in the squad, but he isn't injured or ill. Karius will start.

Hopefully Barca offered 100mil for him...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

klose wrote: »

Not saying you're doing it but it's actually funny that a lot of the Mc Gregor fanboys are of that opinion now that he has lost, while up until yesterday they were fully convinced of the validity of the fight and that Mc Gregor would win.

So then why would you rest Mig for this game. Does Klopp think Arsenal are unlikely to offer much thread from set-pieces and he is worst with them? Maybe.

I doubt it. They're very similar to a United these days in that they try Plan B for 70 minutes and then if it's not successful revert to plan A of long balls into Fellaini/Giroud.

I'd expect our keeper to have to deal with a bit of that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Benimar wrote: »

I wonder who's signing him?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Mig has been doing grand lately. karius has looked terrible any time I've seen him. This is a very big worry.

Benimar wrote:

Damn if that is true wtf is going on. A player on strike, another 1 or 2 in excile & now this.

Mig has been doing grand lately. karius has looked terrible any time I've seen him. This is a very big worry.

It just seems utterly unnecessary. Poor as he is, Mignolet has been solid lately. Add to this the fact that it's a huge match against a Top 6 rival, introducing Karius, who's far from competent just doesn't make any sense.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Milkers

Slightly off topic but can someone with knowledge of the TV deals explain to me why Sky are showing West Brom v Stoke at 1:30 today instead of the Chelsea Everton game, cheers.

• Advertisement

The transfer window can't shut soon enough. Reports yesterday that VVD had sacked his agent in order to push through a transfer to Liverpool. Dominic King tweeted this morning that VVD's with the same agent as before, that nothing has changed.
    Regardless of who we sign/don't sign, a summer full of endless speculation, baseless rumours etc is almost at an end. Thank Christ.

Milkers wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but can someone with knowledge of the TV deals explain to me why Sky are showing West Brom v Stoke at 1:30 today instead of the Chelsea Everton game, cheers.

As part of the TV deal, I'd imagine that all PL clubs have to be featured a certain number of times. This is probably Sky getting two pretty unwatchable teams out of the way early doors before matches take on greater significance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Milkers wrote: »

Could be to do with the tv crowd only allowed to show one team a set number of times in a season, maybe the feel they'll hold on to those credits for a bigger chelsea game?

Edit: Or what mosstin said ^

Mig must be tired from all the standing around he had to do vs Hoffenheim.......I have no trust in Karius.....in fact, a backline that includes him Lovren and Moreno might just ruin my day.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mignolet came back as a solid keeper after being dropped the last time.

Maybe Klopp thinks dropping this time he will return as a world class keeper.

Odd decision to drop him as he as been one of our best players this season so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Looks like I'm gonna miss today's game. Balls.

Mignolet came back as a solid keeper after being dropped the last time.

Maybe Klopp thinks dropping this time he will return as a world class keeper.

Odd decision to drop him as he as been one of our best players this season so far.

Think he's getting sloppy again IMO, 7 goals conceded in 4 games, not all his fault but could have done better in a few of those situations.....lots of the old stuff coming back into his game too, poor distribution, handling errors, switching off.....I wouldn't class him as being one of our best players this season, but still wouldn't drop him...

Simon?

Off to Barcelona?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Im so confused as to why Mignolet has been dropped.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Could be a personal issue? Might not be anything to read into.

He's on strike until Phil gets his dream move.......Even if he was rested he'd be on the bench, seems very weird to me that he's not in the squad (as reported) unless he's been given an undeserved break.

NukaCola wrote:
    lI have no trust in Karius.....in fact, a backline that includes him Lovren and Moreno might just ruin my day.....

Play Danny Ward ta fu*k

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Hopefully this isn't a repeat of 'The Rodgers' starting Brad 'I'll just dive the wrong way' Jones against United.

That kind of man management pushed him on to be a league winner...

ERG89 wrote: »
    Play Danny Ward ta fu*k

I would, absolutely.....he deserves a shot at number 1, certainly over Karius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

Lads will ye calm down, wait until team is announced. People here seem to take it as gospel that he is dropped due to 1 dodge source

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Karius is absolute guaranteed calamity. Weird if true.

Lads will ye calm down, wait until team is announced. People here seem to take it as gospel that he is dropped due to 1 dodge source

Belgian website story here says Mig is demanding a meeting with Klopp about this.

http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/voetbal/buitenland/Engeland/1.3055522#

with terrible translation
    Simon Mignolet is not at the heart of Liverpool for the top player against Arsenal. However, the Belgian goalkeeper is not injured, but he must take Jürgen Klopp off duty. Mignolet's entourage wants more explanation from the trainer. A transfer is not at all for the time being.
    At the last training session for the match yesterday, Mignolet noted that he was not in the basics, where our national goalkeeper asked Klopp to explain.

The German trainer told him that he had a rest for a day and had to stay home. Mignolet was very surprised and found that he did not need any rest after almost two weeks. All the more because there is now an interlandbreak where he usually does not have to play. And because the team and himself are in a good flow.

Klopp kept his foot in hand: he immediately chose for his compatriot Loris Karius. However, the goalkeeper's entourage does not include this and wants to explain Klopp and the board. What's high is that there are not 4 to 5 players left to a lesser opponent, but it's only about Mignolet going against a direct competitor.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

A guy on Reddit has said this might be the reason:
    Karius is waaaaaaay more confident playing a sweeper keeper than migs. My best guess is we are going to play a very high line to try and box them in and reduce the space in the midfield to allow us to win the ball back quicker.

• Advertisement

If that's the case surely he'd be on the bench.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement