Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

brevity wrote: »
    A guy on Reddit has said this might be the reason:

Karius kicked a ball out for a corner from a goal kick......I dont think he's waaaaay more better than anything Mig is tbh. :pac:

I can see the sense in it but surely he gets dropped to the bench then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Can Klopp just not drop Lovren and hope he hands in a transfer request.

The problem with that was giving him a £100k a week contract no other club on the planet would have been that stupid and will pay him those type of wages.

Belgian website story here says Mig is demanding a meeting with Klopp about this.

http://sporza.be/cm/sporza/voetbal/buitenland/Engeland/1.3055522#

with terrible translation

"A transfer is not at all for the time being." :pac:

Lads will ye calm down, wait until team is announced. People here seem to take it as gospel that he is dropped due to 1 dodge source

Bookmarked :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Milkers wrote: »
    Slightly off topic but can someone with knowledge of the TV deals explain to me why Sky are showing West Brom v Stoke at 1:30 today instead of the Chelsea Everton game, cheers.

Sunday games not on tv here now also have to have the same kick off time as the TV games, hence Spurs also at 4pm. And Sky wanted to feature every team on tv asap

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

NukaCola wrote: »
    "A transfer is not at all for the time being." :pac:

Sums up our summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Wonder how Klopp will feel about Mignolet clearly leaking this to the media hours before the game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

I hope this is bull****.

Where are all these problems coming from? Sakho, Coutinho, Can, now Mignolet?

I dont know if it's this thread or what but i'm becoming a nervous wreck with it. Should probably turn off my internet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Scary if, along with transfers and Coutinho problems, that we are now making our own by starting Karius alongside Mourinho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

noodler wrote: »
    Scary if, along with transfers and Coutinho problems, that we are now making our own by starting Karius alongside Mourinho.

On the Man Utd bench? Good thinking.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Klopp obviously believes in Karius. He wouldn't be the first keeper to look dodgy in his first season. I just hope the fans in the stadium get behind him and don't lose the plot if he makes an error. Tho they most likely will.. (and tbf I understand it, i just hope they don't as its exceptionally counter productive).

I wonder will Mignolet do a Coutinho and stay at home and not come and watch the game.

Or will he do a Sakho and come with the squad and then go home.

Or will he do a DS15 and watch the game from DS15's box.

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Klopp obviously believes in Karius. He wouldn't be the first keeper to look dodgy in his first season. I just hope the fans in the stadium get behind him and don't lose the plot if he makes an error. Tho they most likely will.. (and tbf I understand it, i just hope they don't as its exceptionally counter productive).

Looked no better in this preseason though......I hope he plays a blinder like I do with all the players but I dont have the confidence in him unfortunately.....when he makes a mistake I hope its not huge...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

On the Man Utd bench? Good thinking.

Very tricksy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

Mignolet is a championship level goalkeeper and should not be the starting number 1. Having said that he is better than Karius who is pure muck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

I see the Twitter RAWK meltdown is back after going missing for a year. Just can't put my finger on why it went missing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I reckon mingolet has some personal problems perhaps

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,388 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ricero wrote: »
    I reckon mingolet has some personal problems perhaps

If he is missing I'd say your right with this.

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭mags1962

Then why leak it to a Belgian journo?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Yep people losing their sh1t for nothing, if Klopp decides to play Karius over Mig I am sure there is a legitimate reason whether that is something with mig or something tactical.

• Advertisement

According to Sky Sports Mignolet is as confused as the rest of us as to why he has been dropped from the squad.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Yep people losing their sh1t for nothing, if Klopp decides to play Karius over Mig I am sure there is a legitimate reason whether that is something with mig or something tactical.

People are losing their sh1t because he has been dropped from the squad for no reason.

Does not sound too good for simon especially with the transfer window still open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Willie Cabelero signed for Chelsea and Begovich then moved onto Bournemouth, two keepers that would've improved on our squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,213 ✭✭✭pm1977x

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Willie Cabelero signed for Chelsea and Begovich then moved onto Bournemouth, two keepers that would've improved on our squad.

Begovich maybe, not sure about big Willie.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Could all be a ploy to mess with Arsenal's head.

Juventus to give up on signing Liverpool's Emre Can - until next summer
    Juventus chief executive Giuseppe Marotta told Premium Sport: " Liverpool are holding on tight to Emre Can .

“His contract expires in June, we’ll be able to negotiate with him from January. We won’t hide the fact we like him.

“But currently he is a Liverpool player, so we can only admire him from afar.”

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/juventus-give-up-signing-liverpools-13536749

Cabalero?...think saving a few sh!t penalties in the cup final is colouring a few opinions.

I think Southampton have a half decent keeper do you reckon they would sell him to us :pac:

• Advertisement

Juventus to give up on signing Liverpool's Emre Can - until next summer

“But currently he is a Liverpool player, so we can only admire him from afar.”

Ye could also bid on him ye tight ****s!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Wishful thinking but hopefully it means we are in for a keeper. Mignolet isn't good enough and from what I've seen of karius he isn't either.

No robertson either today. So moreno,lovren and karius will have me watching this one behind the sofa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

If there was ever a game that could finish 7-6 it's today's game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Save some of the negativity for after the game

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Cabalero?...think saving a few sh!t penalties in the cup final is colouring a few opinions.

I'd even have Shay Given in there, Mig has cost us so many points over the last few seasons, its actually funny that he still holds onto the No 1 jersey.

Don't ever forget.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Where are you all getting this info from about the team selection? It's poor if the team selection is being leaked hours before the game.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I'd even have Shay Given in there, Mig has cost us so many points over the last few seasons, its actually funny that he still holds onto the No 1 jersey.

Don't ever forget.

Don't think anyone will forget. His save against Stoke and penalty save against Hoffenheim are major reasons why we're in the CL this season.

Edit: penalty save might not be the best example since I highlighted Calabero saving sh!te penalties coloured people's opinions. :pac:

Why is Mig being dropped if true?

He's done ok so far. Not worthy of being dropped anyway surely?

Like all our frailties, mug is not the reason why we're in the CL.

It's the goals scored that has us there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Its been a weird summer.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Indeed. His worst match was against Watford, been better since. Karius has barely had a good performance yet.

I think it's just that Klopp has told Karius he'd give him a rotation spell in goal for a while and Mignolet might have took it badly, hence not being sub. Who knows. I'm sure Klopp will give an evasive answer in the pre-match interview anyhow, as they always do.0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

iphuxW9.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Coutinho likes the part of his contract that has given him a million plus pounds in last few weeks, but the Diva won't put on his bitch boots for club.
    It's getting really annoying, I can understand wanting to leave, but I will never get how he can do what he is doing. We all know he is not injured, although I bet he will not play after window closes just to keep this charade of an injury going.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

People are losing their sh1t because he has been dropped from the squad for no reason.

How do you know there is no reason?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Gomez, Lovren, Matip and Moreno - a back 4 which scares me far more than our attacking trio does. Add Karius to the mix and I think we're unnecessarily asking for trouble. Pretty remarkable team selection.

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/901806319887376384

Absolute state of that defense

That defence looks rough....imagine our front 3 up against it!

If people told me at the start of the window that thats our defence for the Arsenal game I'd tell them to shut their lying mouths! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Hmmm. 5-4 win and some defensive signings is the best Klopp can hope for with these tactics.

So is Mig injured?

There is obviously a valid reason for his absence.

Karius better be decent today.

Still cant believe that's our first choice goalkeeper pairing

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement