Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

Top class.... got away with the keeper decision

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Jaysis, remember when we were linked to Xhaka?

KZyNequ.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

martyos121 wrote: »
    So a 4-0 win at home, that means we've won the league right?

You get me, you really get me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Neville's hate for Arsenal outstripping his hate for Liverpool is kind off funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Does not look good for arsenal atm - ozil looks ready to walk out!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

corwill wrote: »
    Jaysis, remember when we were linked to Xhaka?

Said in the match thread, and we were gutted when he went to Arsenal and that he was another statement signing by Wenger (along with Ozil and Sanchez).

Everyone played well except the keeper and he had **** all to do, so I'm not sure if any lessons can be leant from that, sometimes it really is too easy.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,264 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Unreal performance, our midfield excelled, our front 3 are nearly unstoppable, Arsenak were totally useless and Spurs's new ground hoodoo is off and running!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

As much as I can't begrudge Can wanting to leave when his contract runs out I really hope we get him tied down, he was phenomenal again today.

Watching Gini make embarrassments out of the Arsenal midfield was a joy.

Henderosn definitely found his feet later in the game, some really poor passes and tackles early on but his pressing was excellent.

Sturridge may have found a position in the team much like Martial at United, get on when the team is cruising, let our players rest and just kill the game off for good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

I'm 40 today and we just won 4-0:)
    corwill wrote: »
    Snap!

Somebody get these lads a cake before they do something mad like join the Spurs forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Dear Jurgen,
    Never again will I question your team selection.
    Regards,
    Me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Wonder will we end up playing against Sanchez again in our next game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    You get me, you really get me.

The Kliq is back.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPEwFe2LWc1eBsOcrwIbSQs9qoFYB1CHvCKGwy7wnajMbl_l_A

Still have Coutinho, Lallana and Clyne to come back into this team. That's encouraging.

As much as I can't begrudge Can wanting to leave when his contract runs out I really hope we get him tied down, he was phenomenal again today.

Watching Gini make embarrassments out of the Arsenal midfield was a joy.

Henderosn definitely found his feet later in the game, some really poor passes and tackles early on but his pressing was excellent.

Sturridge may have found a position in the team much like Martial at United, get on when the team is cruising, let our players rest and just kill the game off for good.

You could be on to something. I'll wait to hear if he injured his head scoring that goal before getting excited at the prospect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

We were simply magnificent today,especially after playing midweek and when arsenal had a full wk off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

Karius made one really nice punch from a corner tbf to him. But he needs to show more urgency with the ball at his feet if he wants to stay starter.

Not sure if it's ever happened that both Mayo and Liverpool both won big matches on the same weekend, and my birthday weekend too.

Fcuking delighted.

Brilliant stuff. Great performance.

Can brilliant again.

martyos121 wrote: »
    The Kliq is back.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSPEwFe2LWc1eBsOcrwIbSQs9qoFYB1CHvCKGwy7wnajMbl_l_A

Ah go away ya Sap!

• Advertisement

Those Gini gifs are glorious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

We really were excellent today. Arsenal were an abomination too though. Can and Salah were both particularly excellent. Can really does appear to have stepped up a level in his game, i dont post here often but when i have i know ive questioned him. Really hope we do get him tied down.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Fantastic result and well done to the team. Job done in style.

Arsenal weren't at the races at all. I can see a couple leaving soon.

70m got us Mane & Salah.

You wouldn't get one of them for that now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Imagine Coutihno treading balls through for that front 3, I can't because I've never seen football like that.

exactly... we need to keep him... class

Whenever Henderson moves into the opposition half and plays attacking midfield he looks a player.

Whenever Henderson stays in his own half and tries to be Hollywood Henderson the DM he is fcuking awful.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Fantastic result and well done to the team. Job done in style.

Arsenal weren't at the races at all. I can see a couple leaving soon.

First one out the door has to be Wenger.

Knex. wrote: »
    70 100m got us Mane & Salah & Firmino.

You wouldn't get one of them for that now.

And I wouldn't any of them go for less than what we want for Coutinho!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Imagine our midfield when Couthino comes back.... Can, Henderson, Gini. Mouthwatering.

Whenever Henderson moves into the opposition half and plays attacking midfield he looks a player.

Whenever Henderson stays in his own half and tries to be Hollywood Henderson the DM he is fcuking awful.

It a problem for Klopp unless he plans on scoring 3-4 goals every game, Can is magnificent going forward, Gini needs to be likewise high up the pitch so someone has to sit a bit and that person is Henderson.

• Advertisement

He's like a Predator hunting down loose balls, interceptions and pressurising players into errors, in the final third of the pitch.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Today he played well and got away with those passes. Against other opposition, we would be punished for that. The same for Salah's finishing as well. We can't be expecting so many chances to score per game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,482 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Mane is next target for Barca or Real .
    He has a value of 150m plus in todays market.

Salah's finishing has been suspect so far this season but he's still netted 3 goals in 4 starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Sideshow Mark

I spent most of the summer thinking Ox would have been a good buy for us, after that performance I don't want him.

Right, Can is the phone screensaver, Salah is the laptop screensaver, all about the mane is the ringtone and I know what bobby firminio tattoo I want.
    Sorted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

He looks like he's never seen a football before in his life. Like when the awkward lad from work joins in one week for the 5 a side.

Welbeck?

Fun Bobby ---5 games 3 goals-- 3 assists.

Mane---- 5 games -- 3 goals-- 2 assists.

Salah---- 5 games -- 3 goals --1 assist.

Great start to the season from the front 3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Salah's pace and intelligence while dribbling is always really impressive. Some players are quick but can't keep that level of tight control when sprinting, he maintains the ball and runs at angles where it's almost impossible for a chasing defender to disposes him without fouling.

• Advertisement

Relevant again today.

XHjAVkY_d.jpg

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Relevant again today.

XHjAVkY_d.jpg

Where's Arsenal!

Just seen on Reddit that's the 7th clean sheet in the last 9 PL games.

Defensive shambles.

Joe Gomez was phenomenal today, you wouldn't think he was up against Alexis Sanchez and Ozil, nothing went past him. got himself a nice assist too.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Just seen on Reddit that's the 7th clean sheet in the last 9 PL games.

Defensive shambles.

First time in almost 3 years that Arsenal didn't have a shot on target.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,482 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

http://www.donbalon.com/noticia/detalle/67111/el-liverpool-pone-precio-el-barca-ya-sabe-lo-que-tiene-que-pagar-por-llevarse-a-coutinho

Barca willing to pay 160m plus 40 adds on in Euros it claims. Pound and Euro almost at parity these days.

• Advertisement

The Fortress of Anfield! Clean sheet today with 4 goals bumps @LFC up the table. �� #LFCvArs #YNWA

https://twitter.com/Linda_Pizzuti/status/901849525035388930

Klopp just name-dropped BT Sports live on Sky after their lackey Geoff Shreeves asked him about Coutinho.

BOSS.

First time in almost 3 years that Arsenal didn't have a shot on target.

I'd give more credit to the midfield for that today. They just ran rings around the Arsenal midfield and almost compltely cut out any supply to the front players.

http://www.donbalon.com/noticia/detalle/67111/el-liverpool-pone-precio-el-barca-ya-sabe-lo-que-tiene-que-pagar-por-llevarse-a-coutinho

Barca willing to pay 160m plus 40 adds on in Euros it claims. Pound and Euro almost at parity these days.

Fish away Toby...nothing's wrecking the buzz of that result.

Can v Arsenal game highlights reel

http://i.imgur.com/BimI1kE.mp4

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement