Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

There's really no reason for us not to stick a bid in for Sanchez, if even just for the jokes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Joe Gomez was phenomenal today, you wouldn't think he was up against Alexis Sanchez and Ozil, nothing went past him. got himself a nice assist too.

Gomez probably didn't even notice Ozil was on the field, no one else did.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Joe Gomez was phenomenal today, you wouldn't think he was up against Alexis Sanchez and Ozil, nothing went past him. got himself a nice assist too.

Yeah especially after picking up an early YC.
    Everyone was at it today. Brilliant.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Shame about the international break, always seems to pop up when we build up a bit of momentum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

So £120m cash up front and another £30m in reachable add-ons for Coutinho.

I really wouldn't blame the club for taking that offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Yes but as fans it means nothing it won't be invested back in the squad. Couthinio will soon love playing for Liverpool again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Knex. wrote: »
    Those Gini gifs are glorious

They need to a few more cos they arent covering all his brilliance today, there was a class moment on the sideline where he slalomed tween three very unbalanced Arse players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Not unless we have someone coming in. Things can change in a heartbeat if we sell and then pick up a couple of injuries.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

They will want him again next summer and we'll get a high price for him anyway. It's not like he's Bellerin where Barca will be linked with him once then everyone realises he's sh!t.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Wijnaldum was brilliant today. As for Mane what a player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

niallo27 wrote: »
    Yes but as fans it means nothing it won't be invested back in the squad. Couthinio will soon love playing for Liverpool again.

Exactly, the squad is short on numbers and any players we would try to sign would double in price now, the same as Barcelona having to overpay only worse. We would have to spend the lot to get an inferior player or wait till next season to replace him

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Salah's finishing has been suspect so far this season but he's still netted 3 goals in 4 starts.

Agree completely. He's missed a few sitters already.

Can see him being a very frustrating player for us in the coming months and years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Still don't think Coutinho should be allowed to go without repacement(s) coming in first, doesn't matter how much the offer is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Roanmore

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Imagine our midfield when Couthino comes back.... Can, Henderson, Gini. Mouthwatering.

And Lallana. I'd forgotten about him until I saw the Sky Sports ad where Can scores the overhead kick in slow motion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Can see him being a very frustrating player for us in the coming months and years.

He was the same at Roma for 2 years. Got in great positions but did not convert enough of those chances.

Was it 15 goals he managed last season? I'd gladly take that.

Although if we lost today I'd be cursing that Miss at 0-0.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Imagine our midfield when Couthino comes back.... Can, Henderson, Gini. Mouthwatering.

Mouthwatering is very underrated, but playing in a four man midfield doesn't help him out. He reminds me of Drinkwater.

martyos121 wrote: »
    Mouthwatering is very underrated, but playing in a four man midfield doesn't help him out. He reminds me of Drinkwater.

Read it again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,502 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

sword1 wrote: »
    Read it again

:confused:

You know I was only having a laugh, right? I see the full stop, and as far as I'm aware, Mouthwatering doesn't even play for us.

:confused:

You know I was only having a laugh, right? I see the full stop, and as far as I'm aware, Mouthwatering doesn't even play for us.

Yes, I should have taken my own advice and read your post again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's going to be hard to fit everyone in the attack when/if they are all fit.

Mig
    Matip
    Lovren
    TAA
    Can
    Moreno
    Lallana
    Coutinho
    Firmino
    Salah--Mane

Karius, Clyne, Klavan, Hendo, Wiji, Solanke, Sturridge

Ward, Robertson, Gomez, Milner, Woodburn, Grujic, Ejaria Origi all twiddling their thumbs.

OKAY I'VE GOT THEM ALL NOW! :mad:

Mig
    Matip
    Lovren
    TAA
    Can
    Moreno
    Lallana
    Coutinho
    Firmino
    Salah--Mane

Klavan, Clyne, Klavan, Hendo, Wiji, Solanke, Sturridge

Ward, Robertson, Milner, Woodburn, Grujic, Ejaria all twiddling their thumbs.

Don't forget Klavan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Well if he keeps up his current level of production I don't think many will be complaining. What is it 3 goals and a couple of assists in all games so far?

I see that you have origi s bags packed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Klopp just name-dropped BT Sports live on Sky after their lackey Geoff Shreeves asked him about Coutinho.

BOSS.

Sheeves is a tosser.

Felt awful for wenger during that interview. Deserved more respect than that.

What about Flanagan and Markovic what are twiddling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

any link to klopps fu to shreeves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

What about Flanagan and Markovic what are twiddling?

Flanno's finger-webbing probably rules out thumbs for him.

5vbf90iofbiz.jpg

Harsh, but I laughed.

• Advertisement

Watching Lee Dixon nearly crying interviewing Klopp pitchside after the game :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Sheeves is a tosser.

Felt awful for wenger during that interview. Deserved more respect than that.

He does it every time. He was a dick to Wenger a few times last season.

Paraphrasing Klopp on the keepers after hearing him in an interview.

Simon will get the jersey back next game.

I have 3 keepers who will play in the PL this season.

My friend asked me for Ward as he is that standard but I said no he stays with me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Your mad to sell him. I defo think you have shares in FSG

I see (robbed from ff forum) we have 7 games in 25 days after the international break and 6 in 19 after the next international break. I don't think we will be seeing the same team in consecutive games for a while.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Mig
    Matip
    Lovren
    TAA
    Can
    Moreno
    Lallana
    Coutinho
    Firmino
    Salah--Mane

Karius, Clyne, Klavan, Hendo, Wiji, Solanke, Sturridge

Ward, Robertson, Gomez, Milner, Woodburn, Grujic, Ejaria Origi all twiddling their thumbs.

OKAY I'VE GOT THEM ALL NOW! :mad:

Luckily, we won't have that problem.

Looks like we really turned the Wenger out sentiment up to 11.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Superb performance from start to finish, everyone was excellent.

Klopp really needs to instruct both Karius and Migs to just hoof the ball clear anytime it's passed back to them, neither of them are capable of playing the ball on the ground and it just creates nervousness whenever it does go back to them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

sword1 wrote: »
    I see (robbed from ff forum) we have 7 games in 25 days after the international break and 6 in 19 after the next international break. I don't think we will be seeing the same team in consecutive games for a while.

Yet any time one of the first choice 11 doesn't start people round here be throwing hissy fits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Just want to add that there's no chance Can signs a new contract, Juve have that wrapped up since the end of last season.
    I'll be disappointed when he goes next summer but i'll try not to be bitter about it, he is'nt sulking and is giving his best performances of his career so far to us, so good luck to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I think it's safe to say at this point that, particularly with the stuff going on off the pitch, that we've had a good start to the season on it.

It hasn't been perfect and our failings have been highlighted but 7 pts, unbeaten, a couple of clean sheets for what is supposed to be an abominable defence, bags of goals, all our front 3 have started like mad men, which is especially important for Salah. It's been doom and gloom a bit but we've done the job on the pitch.

I think the 3 in midfield are starting to gel a bit.

Gini looked back to being a ninja, he and Can are getting on the ball more, moving more, giving Hendo more options, Hendo's getting right on the front foot and not limiting himself to passivity in his use of the ball.

We're still unproven against the so called low block with this side and I think we'll need Coutinho or someone like him supplying that 3 to get the job done consistenty.

I'm not worried about City. We mightn't win, of course, but I'm as good as certain that we'll turn up and perform and I can't ask for more than that.

The huge test and possibly season defining period will be the rest of September.
    We've got all sorts of juggling to do with Sevilla, Burnley, Leicester twice and Spartak within 13 days. That'll stretch us to the limit and show what we're made of.

£120m cash for Coutinho.

£60m cash offer for Sanchez.

#FSG #NetProfit.

Sky Italy reporting we're in for Renato Sanches. Had w woeful season at Bayern but he was thrown in there way to early, I'd really like him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Sky Italy reporting we're in for Renato Sanches. Had w woeful season at Bayern but he was thrown in there way to early, I'd really like him.

German press have been saying it for about a week now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

As would I but, seriously, after a summer of blind alleys and so on, aren't we all utterly sceptical about each and every link like this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

He really did look very shit.

Knex. wrote: »
    He really did look very shit.

Yep, wouldn't be fond of that at all, although maybe Klopp could make him into something useful.

Great hair though the dreads would bring something different the current squad hairstyles.

And now in more quick transfer talk this evening, the telegraph are saying we've inquired about a 60m bid for Thomas Lemar from Monaco.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/27/liverpool-makeinquiry-sign-monacos-thomas-lemar-club-record/

• Advertisement

Lemar would be a great signing if that happened.

Also is MoTD 2 on tonight?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement