Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Lemar would be a great signing if that happened.

Also is MoTD 2 on tonight?

Let me google... **** it, I just did for myself....

Still hope we don't sell COutinho though. Partially because, as I said, we don't have a replacement (yet) and partially on principle...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

I don't see lemar as a likely signing unless Coutinho is going, sanches has not performed at all so I imagine Bayern would have to take a big loss. He has played crap but at his age maybe it could be turned around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

We've all said the best strategy for Coutinho leaving next season is to replace him now, Lemar would be exactly that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,037 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Just a bloody really enjoyable game to watch. Every outfield player was fantastic, especially the front three, and Can and Gini behind them. Gini... we've missed a player like that so much since Alonso. The guy who can just instantly turn from trouble into space, and play an attacking ball forward.

Even the back four looked very good today. And it was nice of Karius to keep things interesting for the viewers with a bit of drama too.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sword1 wrote:
    Sanches has not performed at all so I imagine Bayern would have to take a big loss. He has played crap but at his age maybe it could be turned around.

It was a pre season game but he was incredibly bad against us a few weeks ago.
    A loan with option to buy imo.

• Advertisement

I think klopp is keeping mignolet fresh as he thinks he gets complacent if he plays too many games. He hardly played at all preseason iirc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I often come in for a moan, so I have to say sonething after such a glorious afternoon.

Firstly, Arsenal were a shambles. But with that out of the way...

As complete a performance as I've seen for a while. Apart from Karius' nonsense attempts at football, back to front the team was focused, quick, incisive, penetrating and more.

Moreno was brainfart-less.
    Lovren managed to get in front of his striker.
    Can was a beast.
    Mané scared the shít out of them.
    Firmino couldn't be marked.

A special mention for Gomez. Apart from getting skinned once by Ramsey, what a game he had. Quick, great decision making, safe in possession. Just brilliant to see a performance resembling what we all thought he'd become before his injury woes.

Just another mention for my favourite player right now though - Bobby Firmino. I can't speak highly enough of him. You forget he's there, then he pops up with some genius skill to get us out of our half. Or he pops up as if out of a cloud of smoke to head in the opener. Or he makes a mug of 2 Arsenal defenders at 3-0 up to set us on our way for a 4th. Or he's at RB helping clear another attack.

Problems with this team will come from places we all know they'll come from - defending balls into the box, and the amount of games a relatively small squad may have to play in the style that Klopp wants.

But let's revel in today's win. It was stunning. Fair play to the whole fúcking lot of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

It's worth watching Sky's post-match coverage for anyone who missed it.

You can probably find it on youtube.

They absolutely eviscerate Arsenal.
    Maybe they don't spend quite enough time on us but really the story of the day is Arsenal's ****eness so it's fair enough, I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Thomas Lemar, Rene and Renato - sign all the midfielders. Surely someone is off if both are being sought even if it's a loan in the case of the latter pair.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,054 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

Gbear wrote: »
    It's worth watching Sky's post-match coverage for anyone who missed it.

You can probably find it on youtube.

They absolutely eviscerate Arsenal.
    Maybe they don't spend quite enough time on us but really the story of the day is Arsenal's ****eness so it's fair enough, I suppose.

Watched that earlier, it pains me to say it but i thought Carra's analysis was a bit cringy, and i thought Neville got it spot on IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Thomas Lemar, Rene and Renato - sign all the midfielders. Surely someone is off if both are being sought even if it's a loan in the case of the latter pair.

F*cking sign Can is what I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

On MOTD now.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

No way we're signing anyone on loan unless there is a clear option to buy for a set price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

When we break:
    giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,482 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Love how Mane ran across two Arsenal players who were hot on the tail of Salah as he closed down on Čech to score. He could of just watched Salah, but he sprinted to lend a hand.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭bur

The Chelsea reject is okay eh?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

corwill wrote: »
    When we break:
    giphy.gif

Are we the raptors or the motorbike?

bur wrote: »
    The Chelsea reject is okay eh?

He's got a few rough edges that stop him being truly spectacular.

If he could just polish up his finishing he'd be one of the best wingers in the world.

He works, he moves off the ball, he links well, he's aggressive with the ball.

I was a bit worried he'd be a glorified sprinter but his all round game is very very good.

emmetkenny wrote: »

I couldn't find a raptors on motorbikes gif.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

If he could just polish up his finishing he'd be one of the best wingers in the world.

I was a bit worried he'd be a glorified sprinter but his all round game is very very good.

How could you have thought that after his stats in Seria A the last two seasons?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

He needs to take a step back, if you're quicker than Bellerin then you don't need to be on the shoulder and get caught offside.

Just looking at Fantasy Six results - Mad Albert is the top player on 100 points! :eek:

He's only just got here. Watching him a few times so far, I've thought he looked like he's still adjusting to the pitch of the game in England in general, while also still looking seriously good.

I loved the way he was looking about and assessing options while he burned into the Arsenal half for the 3rd today.

noodler wrote: »
    How could you have thought that after his stats in Seria A the last two seasons?

A quick player in a counter-attacking team doesn't necessarily need to have a particularly good short game, he doesn't need to be particularly clever in hus movement, he doesn't need to be that great a dribbler and the finishes and final balls he'll be playing won't necessarily have to be that difficult.

I think we're seeing that with his finishing. He botched a similar 1v1 effort either against Palace or away against Hoffenheim and we've seen some ropey finishes in all of his games.

However, what we're also seeing is that he's working really well with the full backs and his buddies up front, we're seeing great communication and intelligence in his work off the ball, we're seeing some excellent, perfectly executed assists and he's having no trouble at all getting in behind even deeply positioned defences both by himself and with help from his teammates.

He's had a brilliant start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Bellerin is the motorbike left behind, Salah is the Raptor with the ball running clear on goal....

A quick player in a counter-attacking team doesn't necessarily need to have a particularly good short game, he doesn't need to be particularly clever in hus movement, he doesn't need to be that great a dribbler and the finishes and final balls he'll be playing won't necessarily have to be that difficult.

I think we're seeing that with his finishing. He botched a similar 1v1 effort either against Palace or away against Hoffenheim and we've seen some ropey finishes in all of his games.

However, what we're also seeing is that he's working really well with the full backs and his buddies up front, we're seeing great communication and intelligence in his work off the ball, we're seeing some excellent, perfectly executed assists and he's having no trouble at all getting in behind even deeply positioned defences both by himself and with help from his teammates.

He's had a brilliant start.

Nice tactical sidestep there!

Not too sure that answer why you thought he'd be a "glorified sprinter" !

1 in 2 man, also Dzekos main provider.

noodler wrote: »
    Nice tactical sidestep there!

Not too sure that answer why you thought he'd be a "glorified sprinter" !

1 in 2 man, also Dzekos main provider.

I used some hyperbole. I wouldn't get too animated about it.

I used some hyperbole. I wouldn't get too animated about it.

That's all I needed.

https://twitter.com/Oliver__Bond/status/901920966477008896

"Brace yourselves for tomorrow Reds. 👏"

Tweet from founder of Anfield HQ. Can contract?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

There was a fake tweet from a Pearce clone account saying Southampton had contacted Liverpool and were ready to sell.

I'm guessing that's what that is about.

He fell for it.

• Advertisement

Rank in order of importance
    Can contract
    Coutinho not sold
    VVD signed

I know that tweet means nothing but pretend it does what would you like it to be

Honestly Can contract is most important right now. Coutinho's off next summer anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

sword1 wrote: »
    Can contract
    Coutinho not sold
    VVD signed

I know that tweet means nothing but pretend it does what would you like it to be

Can not Coutinho signed contract. VvD sold.

Hope this helps.

Honestly Can contract is most important right now. Coutinho's off next summer anyway.

I kind of question how much Barca want him if they weren't in the mad situation of having three weeks to burn 222m.

Next summer I'd be interested to see how their team is shaping up and whether 100m+ on Phil still seems like good business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Can contract
    Coutinho not sold
    VVD signed

Mignolet to Napoli? Reina coming back?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Can contract 2
    Coutinho not sold 1
    VVD signed 3

Only 3 days left before we'll have to wait 4 months.

• Advertisement

ElTel wrote: »
    Only 3 days left before we'll have to wait 4 months.

Except for the can signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,178 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Can, Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum and Salah all lack the skill and composure that real top class players possess. The brilliance of Mane and Coutinho aside Liverpool are mediocre and considerably below Champions League winning standard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Rhgg3ggfff4gfg4grv44fgg4vvfvfvvfgfggvvggffgvfgftt4ftcftvtfvt35vf4tftt4ttttt4ff5tvvvvvvfvvvvvvvv4vgfv4gvgvv3tvvvvvfvfvvfvvvvvvvvvvv3ffvvfvvt2vvvvf

Took the words right out of my mouth.

chicorytip wrote: »
    Can, Henderson, Milner, Wijnaldum and Salah all lack the skill and composure that real top class players possess. The brilliance of Mane and Coutinho aside Liverpool are mediocre and considerably below Champions League winning standard.

Djimi traore, Milan baros etc disagree

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Mignolet to Napoli? Reina coming back?

Please no.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,482 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Took the words right out of my mouth.

It must have been when you were kissing him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

No a raptor on a t-Rex back on a stealth bomber souped up on noz playing a bat out of hell turned all the way up to 11
    It must have been when you were kissing him.

I would do anything for klopp but I won't pass back
    No no
    I won't pass back to karius

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

cool :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I fell asleep and woke up in 2005?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

Lads what are your thoughts on Salah so far?

He seems very dangerous on the attack and very pacey, but I feel his finishing let's him down a lot. He scores after some easy misses. He could be nearly double digits for goals already if he was able to bury them.

He seems very dangerous on the attack and very pacey, but I feel his finishing let's him down a lot. He scores after some easy misses. He could be nearly double digits for goals already if he was able to bury them.

Yes, he's failing to keep up with all the other players on 10+ goals this far into the season.

Edit -

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,191 ✭✭✭✭Shanotheslayer

corwill wrote: »
    Yes, he's failing to keep up with all the other players on 10+ goals this far into the season.

It was clearly an exaggeration.

It just wouldn't surprise me later in the season for it to be costly in a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,692 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

It was clearly an exaggeration.

It just wouldn't surprise me later in the season for it to be costly in a game.

Well, he's outscoring England's great Harry Kane and I don't see anyone asking for Harry to be dropped!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement