Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Henderson the worst player on the pitch by a country mile and TAA cost us the goal in defence Salah, Fun Bobby and Mane all missed simple chances but everything is Moreno's fault.

Fair enough that Henderson was poor tonight but he has had good performances in the past to earn brownie points that we know he can do things and play better.

Moreno on the other hand has done nothing positive in a Liverpool shirt apart from score one goal against Spurs 3 years ago.

Posters here are saying he was poor tonight. TV Pundits are saying it and so are journalists on twitter.
    Moreno was so poor that he is even trending on Twitter.

He is not good enough for Liverpool and nothing will convince me otherwise.

Questions have to be asked of Klopp's judgement on him and also it says a lot about the club's transfer policy that the club are left with him being an option.

brevity wrote: »
    Congratulations?

Aye, was just thinking that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Have to break the bank on a cb and cm. Offer saints and leipzig 100 million each if needs be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,932 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Augeo wrote: »
    Without coutinho Bobby is not great IMO

I think he's still fairly vital to how the team plays. It's not the lack of Coutinho as much as it is the lack of any sort of creative midfielder in the team, get Lallana in there instead of Coutinho and it'd work just as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Augeo wrote: »
    Without coutinho Bobby is not great IMO

He's having to get through a ferocious amount of donkeywork at the moment.

It's not just without Coutinho.
    It's with Wijnaldum who's just doing absolutely **** all at the moment.
    Lalllalalalananana would make a huge difference as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,597 ✭✭✭Ferris_Bueller

Moreno is woeful, do not see what he offers the team, he has pace but he is not even a threat going forward at this stage. Terrible defender who is incapable of marking, tackling, winning headers or generally looking like he can defend. Henderson was also awful and I don't feel he is up to scratch to captain the club, although not sure who else is either. Not many impressed tonight (although Mane played very well), but would have taken the result before the game. Under Klopp it has felt like we are capable of beating anyone but also capable of losing to anyone, entertaining from the neutrals perspective I'm sure but if we want to progress in the league then something needs to be changed. I feel like Liverpool are going to be in trouble unless they bring a few players in.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

brevity wrote: »
    Congratulations?

16 days old, already more mature than Moreno most of the time!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

If one player in defence is bad, blame the player, but if the whole defence is bad, you have to start looking at the manager

Mignolet was fantastic today too. Despite the penalty being awful he still stood tall and didn't dive too early, and he made some good saves outside of that too.

If one player in defence is bad, blame the player, but if the whole defence is bad, you have to start looking at the manager

I agree that our defensive set up is poor, but having players constantly dive in for tackles and miss isn't entirely on Klopp.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Llallana I think makes every thing tick together up front. Hate when he's out.

Neil Lennon says we need to buy a center forward, why do people keep saying this?

Our finishing was utterly appalling as usual.

We scored 2 goals but none of the chances we created amounted to anything.

We are the most bizarre attacking team given how inept we seem to be at finishing off so many chances.

It's not even our conversion %. I think it's fairly bad, but it's not way off the mark. It's the fact that the chances we're missing are usually piss easy or we **** them up so stupidly.

I was thinking about that Salah chance. How many players have Liverpool had in the last 20 years that've been able to reliably finish that sort of thing? Not enough by half.

5starpool wrote: »

Class. Congrats man :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Congrats 5star hope all is going well

".....our little hero had the arm up.... "

Could have not said that to be fair.

I agree that our defensive set up is poor, but having players constantly dive in for tackles and miss isn't entirely on Klopp.

Those same players have been diving in for ages, so who constantly puts them on the pitch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Ah fantastic man.

Although, it's a real punch in the balls when they **** themselves and then Liverpool **** themselves shortly after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Gbear wrote: »
    Our finishing was utterly appalling as usual.

We scored 2 goals but none of the chances we created amounted to anything.

We are the most bizarre attacking team given how inept we seem to be at finishing off so many chances.

It's not even our conversion %. I think it's fairly bad, but it's not way off the mark. It's the fact that the chances we're missing are usually piss easy or we **** them up so stupidly.

I was thinking about that Salah chance. How many players have Liverpool had in the last 20 years that've been able to reliably finish that sort of thing? Not enough by half.

It was 18.5% last season - one of the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,656 ✭✭✭DJIMI TRARORE

5starpool wrote:

I take it you won't call the child after him so,congrats

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Gbear wrote:

In the last 20 years?????

Fowler Owen Torres and Suarez have all been brilliant in one on ones

Even Danny is pretty reliable with them. Of course your not going to score every time but the named players all had a great return in those positions.

Hell Owen probably scored all his goals in one on one's

I take it you won't call the child after him so,congrats

*looks at username*

:pac:

It was 18.5% last season - one of the best.

In the league, according to whoscored, it's giving us about 12%.

It's fairly normal compared to the others:
    Chelsea is the highest, I think, with 14.5%.
    City around 13.5%, Spurs 12.5%, Utd 9%

Maybe the PL website has more accurate data, but that would tally with my impressions of it at any rate.

Mr.H wrote: »
    In the last 20 years?????

Fowler Owen Torres and Suarez have all been brilliant in one on ones

Even Danny is pretty reliable with them. Of course your not going to score every time but the named players all had a great return in those positions.

Hell Owen probably scored all his goals in one on one's

Suarez missed loads of easy chances. I wouldn't have backed him in those situations.

He'd blam one in 10 minutes later, but he wasn't someone you'd put your house on in any particular chance.

Sturridge, maybe, although I think the loss of pace has made it more difficult.

Torres, Fowler and Owen would be the only bankers IMO.

In the league, according to whoscored, it's giving us about 12%.

It's fairly normal compared to the others:
    Chelsea is the highest, I think, with 14.5%.
    City around 13.5%, Spurs 12.5%, Utd 9%

Maybe the PL website has more accurate data, but that would tally with my impressions of it at any rate.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/premier-league/chancenverwertung/wettbewerb/GB1/saison_id/2016

which also tallies with the official PL stats. It's 18.5 in the league. Live with it!

Suarez missed loads of easy chances. I wouldn't have backed him in those situations.

He'd blam one in 10 minutes later, but he wasn't someone you'd put your house on in any particular chance.

Sturridge, maybe, although I think the loss of pace has made it more difficult.

Torres, Fowler and Owen would be the only bankers IMO.

Suarez missed a good few in his 1st season.

After that I'd have backed him almost every time. The last season he scored a lot of one on ones.

• Advertisement

There were definitely chances for more goals from Liverpool but I can't really think of any big misses, for the most part they were either half chances or decent saves.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭koppy

Taught salah should of scored. He never looked confident. Taught he missed one Saturday aswell that should have been put away.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I have to trust that Klopp isn't blind or stupid.

Milner needs to be in that midfield ahead of Henderson. End of.

I lost count of the times it was Milner in that 2nd half who not only got to a second ball after we cleared a cross, but had the awareness to not hoof it, but find a constructive ball.

Henderson is making me angry watching him. All his pointing and gesturing is meaningless. He has more than a suspect touch and freaks out on the ball under pressure. I get nervous when the ball is at his feet as I just don't trust him to use it well.

Robertson once again not on the bench tonight. Something dodgy going on there, starting to think Klopp did not want him but the young fulham left back instead.

Klopp proving a point by playing Moreno

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Something going on behind the scenes
    Break the bank
    War chest
    Pathetic
    Vile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

ricero wrote: »
    Robertson once again not on the bench tonight. Something dodgy going on there, starting to think Klopp did not want him but the young fulham left back instead.

Or maybe he's just not ready yet.

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Or maybe he's just not ready yet.

Played in pre-season friendlies. Something just doesn't seem right, he must be injured

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Something going on behind the scenes
    Break the bank
    War chest
    Pathetic
    Vile

f7d4e0276b68ab026935edb81d69cfceabaeb940c2ead2bf803bf159796fbc56.jpg

Anyone know where I'd get the highlights online?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,279 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Another awful performance from our defence/midfield. The lack of cover from midfield for the back four was astounding, one pass and they were in on or back four numerous times. Moreno is worse than numerous left backs ive seen in the LOI this season, hes absolutely clueless defensively, no positional sense, no awareness, rash in his decision making and plays hospital passes left, right and centre. Lovren and Matip were largely poor again, especially Matip, who was culpable on the goal. We need a cb badly, Robertson needs to be in for Moreno asap too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,384 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

SlickRic wrote: »
    I have to trust that Klopp isn't blind or stupid.

Milner needs to be in that midfield ahead of Henderson. End of.

I lost count of the times it was Milner in that 2nd half who not only got to a second ball after we cleared a cross, but had the awareness to not hoof it, but find a constructive ball.

Henderson is making me angry watching him. All his pointing and gesturing is meaningless. He has more than a suspect touch and freaks out on the ball under pressure. I get nervous when the ball is at his feet as I just don't trust him to use it well.

I remember seeing Milner play central midfield for a while after he first joined Liverpool. He wasn't that good there to be honest and most were relieved to see him moved away from there. I'd hold fire on Milner for midfield personally.

Played in pre-season friendlies. Something just doesn't seem right, he must be injured

I suppose having Moreno in there ahead of him and Milner seems a bit dodgy all right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,024 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

This is a bit conspiracy theorist stuff to be honest.

If that was the actual truth, then fuck him for being a petty child. But I really, really doubt it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Anyone think the ref was very poor tonight. Give some very soft free kicks to them. Not playing advantage in the second half with a 3 on 1 was disgraceful from what should be a top ref.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Mane and firmino were great tonight. Firmino is quality as a central striker in our set up. Apart from that it was poor. Milner has obviously told klopp he doesn't want to play lb. On Robertson he did miss a fair chunk of pre season and I think I read he became a dad over pre season. I wouldn't read too much into him missing out at this stage. Having said all that I can't believe klopp again started with moreno and more worryingly left him on for the full game. Henderson was very poor tonight but I'd back him to improve with games.

• Advertisement

niallo27 wrote: »
    Anyone think the ref was very poor tonight. Give some very soft free kicks to them. Not playing advantage in the second half with a 3 on 1 was disgraceful from what should be a top ref.

Fair shout. And that booking of TAA was also a joke. Game seemed a bit too much for him, some of his decisions were very questionable

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

I'm loving Moreno being in the team, in an ironic Djimi Traore sort of way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mignolet was man of the match for me along the the penalty save he made a number of great saves throughout the game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Anyone know where I'd get the highlights online?

Subreddit for footballhighlights always links them:

https://www.reddit.com/r/footballhighlights/comments/6twb7d/hoffenheim_vs_liverpool_uefa_champions_league/

this is the best site though (and direct link for tonight's highlights):

http://www.fullmatchesandshows.com/2017/08/15/hoffenheim-vs-liverpool-highlights/

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    This is a bit conspiracy theorist stuff to be honest.

If that was the actual truth, then fuck him for being a petty child. But I really, really doubt it.

I think a lot of it might be to do with Milner saying he really doesn't want to play left back anymore unless there are bad injury problems, even if it means starting on the bench. I can't see any other way around it really given that Klopp almost never preferred Moreno to him last season. Robertson, who knows. Maybe Klopp adjudges him not ready yet, or not as good up close as he had hoped? Who knows? I doubt it's a petulant thing though,he's not 16.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,926 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

When did Milner publicly say he wouldn't play left back?

Salty!

https://twitter.com/SamWallaceTel/status/897573966637936641

and for those on the old skin
    Nagelsmann on Klopp saying LFC let TSG have ball in certain areas: "He would say that, he won’t say ‘Hoffenheim played well & we were sh1t’"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Rayne handles his PR?

• Advertisement

I think it's quite obvious that was the plan. We were set up pretty much like Leicester in their title winning season. I wouldn't like to be relying on our defence to play like that long term though.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement