Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Playing Karius yesterday obviously did the trick.

"If you don't think we're good enough, watch us hammer Arsenal with fucking Karius in goals."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The stage is set lads. Liverpool vs RB Leipzig, Champions League final. it's 5-5 going into the 98th minute, Lemar has scored his 14th hat trick of the season while Mane and Salah got one each. Ball drops into the Leipzig box, Lovren swings at it and misses, but coming in at the back post is Naby Keita. He smashes it in and takes off his Leipzig jersey to reveal Liverpool's new 18/19 home kit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Is this actually ****ing happening?!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Fck me, I have to stop reading about transfers and pretend to do some work. My head is spinning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

jasonb wrote: »
    Ha! One of those times when a 'rumour' was actually true! :)

That coupled with the "big news tomorrow" tweet last night now makes sense...

I can't believe it

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭JimboJones99

D'Agger wrote: »
    OMG this is what signing somebody feels like....except it doesn't because we haven't....kinda

The cynic in me hears the distant choo-choo of the Cruciate Ligament express coming down the tracks

Jesus Christ!!

We have signed a top class player by all accounts (I have never seen him play). Just enjoy it, less of the negativity. If we took a chance and waited till next year and didnt pay a premium now we would probably be competing with all the top clubs to sign him.

Better to get it done now and wait than not sign him at all.

5starpool wrote: »
    Fck me, I have to stop reading about transfers and pretend to do some work. My head is spinning.

Same. Might end up getting sacked today!!

Jesus Christ!!

We have signed a top class player by all accounts (I have never seen him play). Just enjoy it, less of the negativity. If we took a chance and waited till next year and didnt pay a premium now we would probably be competing with all the top clubs to sign him.

Better to get it done now and wait than not sign him at all.

I think D'Aggs was very much posting tongue in cheek.

Also, his username is a tribute to the most brittle man to play for this club after one Daniel Sturridge, so you can forgive injuries being on his mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

I wonder if this is why we're letting Can run his contract down?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Any good Lemar choons?

• Advertisement

Does this mean we have to wait 10 months for a lean?

Will LFC officially announce it now? Do we have to wait until July 1st to find out if this isn't just an elaborate prank by the Liverpool journalists?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Just think the best signings are the ones we hear less about. Keita and vvd are two players we are going to follow and wonder what if for the rest of their careers whoever they sign for.[/QUOTE]

Definitely following closely now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hopefully Keita signing and maybe Lemar will show Can we mean business and he needs to be part of this club going forward.

Hopefully Keita signing and maybe Lemar will show Can we mean business and he needs to be part of this club going forward.

Or this is why he's not getting a new contract..

Keita, Mane, Matip & Salah. We're going to battering teams with a load of Africans next year. I cannot wait to add him into the mix.

Anymore we can sign?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

No homework for everyone !

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

VVD to complete a medical and sign next.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Vicxas wrote: »
    I wonder if this is why we're letting Can run his contract down?

Hardly.

Knex. wrote: »
    Keita, Mane, Matip & Salah. We're going to battering teams with a load of Africans next year. I cannot wait to add him into the mix.

Anymore we can sign?

Koulibaly would be nice.

• Advertisement

Footage of Michael Edwards submitting bids for all the players today

15fjh5l.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

This is a shock. I think everyone here had given up on Kieta. What a great Monday :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Brilliant news. Klopp really wanted his man and wasn't prepared to not get them next season. It's an unusual move but nice to see the club making sure we don't miss out on a target.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

3kFM8df.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

rob316 wrote: »
    Brilliant news. Klopp really wanted his man and wasn't prepared to not get them next season. It's an unusual move but nice to see the club making sure we don't miss out on a target.

Well with a 20+ Mill saving to do it that way now its a no brainer if Klopp values him that highly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

giphy.gif

• Advertisement

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Well with a 20+ Mill saving to do it that way now its a no brainer if Klopp values him that highly.

I can't see a fee mentioned, just a more than figure

Get Lemar done now and I'll be in heaven. Monaco have been bending over all summer, if they're happy to loan Mbappe to PSG to help them avoid FFP then they'll sell anyone for the right price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I wonder if we could get back on Southamptons good side by offering them Sakho plus cash for VVD plus Origi on loan

Althought it wouldnt do much to stop the feeder club jibes

sword1 wrote: »

OwaynOTTs prediction came true. Ricero offered a number that has not been invented yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

mosstin wrote: »
    ****ing brilliant. I want to see ricero in my office NOW.

Bahaha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

I really hope Lemar isn't too shy to sign.

If Barcelona came with a similar type of deal (for more money obviously) they would have to consider it as you get a happy player for an extra year.

That's a nice addition to Harry's Loan Watch as well. Happy for him.

If Barcelona came with a similar type of deal (for more money obviously) they would have to consider it as you get a happy player for an extra year.

Would Barca bother, though? Who else can afford him or would want him for the prices touted? They'd just get him cheaper next year regardless.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

i seen £48 mill on 2 stories so far but its all still rumours at the moment.

Knex. wrote: »
    Would Barca bother, though? Who else can afford him or would want him for the prices touted? They'd just get him cheaper next year regardless.

It's all about politics at Barcelona and rather than admit defeat it might keep the crowd happy

48m is the release clause, not sure what the bonus we've added onto it is.

More than 48 million, no mention whether it is a euro more or 50 million more

So does Keita become an unofficial member of the Loan Watch?

There buying Keita but he won't be available until next season, a bit sh1t to be honest.

• Advertisement

Keita will be number eight I presume

There buying Keita but he won't be available until next season, a bit sh1t to be honest.

Buy him in advance or don't buy him at all. Choose one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Can’t help but feel that the Keita deal and Lamar bid are precursors to Coutinho going. If Liverpool were hypothetically to sell, they’d have to have their replacement deals done before-hand.

Keita will be number eight I presume

K8A

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

426390.png

K8A

Love that, just double checked and he is eight at redbull so I presume he will be

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Delighted

Its a special skill to be this miserable. Come on ta feck, Tipsy.

Keita at Melwood

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Hope they put a clause in his contract that he can't play against us in the CL final ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement