Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    ... and the fact that it was posted over 8hrs ago with no follow up means it's a nothing burger as the yanks like to say, or Henry's wife Linda is in Liverpool to pick up some fresh bed linen...

Well the rumour is Keita had his medical today at Melwood.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

Don't think it's anything to do with FFP, RBL just really want to hold onto him for one more year.

I dont think the stars align a couple of days before a window shuts (for a years time) too often. I think they will have looked at it and thought we have to balance spend over 3 years. So if he is definitely coming we might as well get some of the deal out of the way in this window rather than next summer.

Perhaps if Leipzig were out of Europe altogether by January a further premium payment could be made in January to accelerate the deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

With the weekend's result and Oxlade Chamberlain going to Chelsea it wouldn't surprise me if Arsenal go back in for Lemar. They probably need some good news around the club right now.

If it's between us and them I'd be confident we get our man. Reddy has already said he wants to go to Liverpool and we have the CL pull.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Once this is signed, we should try to get Keita on loan for the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

With the weekend's result and Oxlade Chamberlain going to Chelsea it wouldn't surprise me if Arsenal go back in for Lemar. They probably need some good news around the club right now.

Sacking Wenger would be like a new signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Wheety wrote: »
    Well the rumour is Keita had his medical today at Melwood.

Wilmslow is apparently where he had it...

According to one of the ITKs

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

Vicxas wrote: »

The club should start flying them into Manchester Airport and driving them to Melwood to confuse the United "ITK"s

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just in the door and after catching up on all of this.

I need a lie down, but a can of Red Bull might also do the trick. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

so lemar in now,keita signed for nxt season,and phil leaving nxt season , just two more to get over the line so,but ill settle for the one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Are we decal-ing the club cars now with liverbirds or something that Johnny McFúckhead down the airport is coming out with these transfer rumours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

If we sign VVD this week I will spontaneously combust

Get Lemar done and I won't even care about not getting a CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Get Lemar done and I won't even care about not getting a CB.

CB is way more important.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

There's no chance of Mark Lamar choosing the loser boys over us, one glance at Sanchez mug would put off anyone joining them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Just tried to figure out if Guinea have a chance of qualifying for the WC next year - jaysus, their qualifying process is complicated, but in short, it doesn't look like they will, so Klopp can get to working with him from presumably July 2nd and will be fit and ready (fingers crossed no jinx there) for the US tour...

Could have just checked the World Cup thread :D

It is not that bad, it was people have been saying Europe should do with the weaker nations playing off before another knock out round to get it down to 5 groups of 4 teams with each group winner going to the World Cup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

FSG out not getting Keita now the fcuking cheapskates not prepared to get into a bidding war next season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,408 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

garra wrote: »
    There's no chance of Mark Lamar choosing the loser boys over us, one glance at Sanchez mug would put off anyone joining them
    I wouldn't get so smug if I were you.
    There's not much distance between a slap on the back and a kick up the arse as many Liverpool fans know. You beat a team that is not playing for the manager yesterday. That does not make you league winners.

There's not much distance between a slap on the back and a kick up the arse as many Liverpool fans know. You beat a team that is not playing for the manager yesterday. That does not make you league winners.

Our year

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

€70m is apparently what we're paying RBL next summer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Knex. wrote: »

Reckon it will come in a bit under that, but considering Ox went to Chelsea for 35m I think we did very well.

€12million up front and the rest in silly add ons.

Waiting for Peter Moore to appear on Twitter taking all the credit :)

Waiting for Peter Moore to appear on Twitter taking all the credit :)

He was getting stick on Twitter yesterday for thanking the fans for the great support at Anfield, they'll jump on him for anything.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    €12million up front and the rest in silly add ons.

As long as one of them add-ons isn't us paying them an extra million every time that Spanish lad Ballbag links Keita to Barca. We'll be in administration by the time United have their often top bus parade in September.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just in the door and after catching up on all of this.

I need a lie down, but a can of Red Bull might also do the trick. ;)

Not until next summer!

Better start working on those 45 yard pile drivers son, that number means he has a lot to live up to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Knex. wrote: »

Adjust for (likely) inflation in the transfer market, that looks like half-daycint business.

Although I'm aware that sounds like someone in 2006 talking about buying an apartment off plans in Skopje.

5starpool wrote: »
    Not until next summer!

Feck, it's already open. Will it last?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Rumours emerging that coutinho will be sold to barca.

Very dissapointing if true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

really - 8??

No pressure like!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

rob316 wrote: »

that would be a photoshopped image

ricero wrote: »

Are these the guys rumouring about VVD having a medical?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Why ? Goes missing way too much, still inconsistent

Great on his day but at that money let him off

Better start working on those 45 yard pile drivers son, that number means he has a lot to live up to.

he's on his way

https://track4.mixtape.moe/ecucpf.mp4

Feck, it's already open. Will it last?

Keep it in cotton wool in a safe location in Eastern Germany until then. Be grand.

Didn't take long for the negativity to creep back in....first the crystal ball merchant, now ricero reverting to type.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Keita has passed his medical it seems. 5 year contract effective 1st July 2018

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

If we sign a replacement for Coutinho then he can leave IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Naby K-8-a
    I'll be leaving now.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,268 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Why ? Goes missing way too much, still inconsistent

Great on his day but at that money let him off

Would love to keep him for a season , supplying our front 3 would be something special.
    Barca won't wait till next summer, they are pretty awful so far this year and they really need someone like him now.
    But he does go missing too often.
    It's a hard one to be call really. I would be equally happy with a huge influx of cash and seeing him play for another year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Listen lads. if we get Lemar and VvD over the line with Naby next year that is as good as it gets.

Don't really care anymore tbh. He's dead to me.

I wonder if RB are out of the CL & chance of winning the league in January could we get him early.

That would be a nice addition to the squad then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Great news :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭0gac3yjefb5sv7

Quick question. Why does Klopp keep buying attacking talent when it's the defense that's the main weak point?

Said it since he started acting the prick that if we get in a proper replacement for Coutinho then Id happily get rid of him, Lemar is more than I could have hoped for. If that deal gets done then I wouldn't be surprised, or all that upset, with Coutinho leaving.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Pheonix10 wrote: »
    Quick question. Why does Klopp keep buying attacking talent when it's the defense that's the main weak point?

Victory through superior firepower.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Vicxas wrote: »
    Keita has passed his medical it seems. 5 year contract effective 1st July 2018

Liverpool to sell him to Barca on deadline day 2018 for 250m :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement