Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

SO it seems Mignolet was dropped because he watched the fight Sunday morning.

Doesn't make any sense... everyone was reporting that he was dropped by Saturday evening, a good 7 or 8 hours before the fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Doesn't make any sense... everyone was reporting that he was dropped by Saturday evening, a good 7 or 8 hours before the fight.

Maybe it became apparent to Klopp he would be watching fight , and told him ''go ahead, no game for you Sunday''
    It kinda ties in with Karius tweeting '' no fight for me tonight''

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

redzerdrog wrote:
    Who is boasting? What is there to boast about?

I feel the window is doing a 180 after the Keita signing, Lemar interest & that. It's a long few days before Thursday & I don't want to be on the end of Ox memes :pac:
    SO it seems Mignolet was dropped because he watched the fight Sunday morning.

Was leaked fair early. Klopp caught him on the act :pac:

I'm sure Klopp was aware of the fight and maybe Mignolet landed himself into somehow by revealing he would be watching it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Coutinho the snake training with brasil today. Really hope the club dont sell in spite now.

Also if thats true about mingolet then fair play to klopp for dropping him. What a gob****e if true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Maybe it became apparent to Klopp he would be watching fight , and told him ''go ahead, no game for you Sunday''

Maybe.

He didn't though.

ricero wrote: »
    Coutinho the snake training with brasil today. Really hope the club dont sell in spite now.

Both club and player were clearly quite happy to use the 'back injury' line, to keep him out of the spotlight, and stop the opening of the season being even more distracting. It was good for both parties that he's been kept far away from the cameras.

Honestly, just can't see the fight thing being the reason. Makes no sense in the reality of events.

As for Karius post - the fact he mentioned not watching the fight himself makes it even less likely that this was the reason. Reckon someone just saw his thing, decided somehow that it was a purposeful dig at Mig, and went running off with their own conclusions.

If that was really the reason, no way would Karius be posting publicly alluding to it.

Who knows. What's becoming apparent is behind the closed door of the dressing room Klopp is no friendly guy, he's a serious man with German ethics and what ever Mignolet did was small, but taking very seriously by Klopp.
    Something as simple as ''Party at Migs house for fight'' rumour would be enough for Klopp to name Karius ahead of him on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

ricero wrote:

Ah he was sick.
    Apparently it was coming out both ends..... :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

sword1 wrote: »
    Considering everyone knew he was dropped Saturday klopp must be clairvoyant

It was probably the time difference that was confusing Klopp what with it being Las Vegas time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

Just curious, the wait for games to kick off when the teams come out seems way longer in Anfield then anywhere else, just noticed it rewatching the arsenal match. They hardly delay kick off or come out early for YNWA to be sang?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Rumour I heard is that Karius was promised that he would be the cup goalkeeper - this includes CL. Our next game is in the CL, but after the international break. Karius had no first team action so Klopp started him in this game to get him prepared.

Might be far fetched and untrue, but we'll know in a few weeks I imagine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

I see juventus boss says they will be talking to Can in January. I know some on here don't rate him but I must say that I am very disappointed as I thought he was our future captain. Hopefully he will change his mind even though it is looking unlikely.

Knex. wrote: »
    Rumour I heard is that Karius was promised that he would be the cup goalkeeper - this includes CL. Our next game is in the CL, but after the international break. Karius had no first team action so Klopp started him in this game to get him prepared.

If true, that's beyond stupid.

Really don't get this cup keeper thing for champions league. I can understand it for the league cup and the Fa cup but playing your second rate keeper in the pinnacle of the European club football?

If that were the case would he not have played against Hoffenheim?

If that were the case would he not have played against Hoffenheim?

Were we technically in the cup at that stage? It was only a qualifying round, like the 38 matches of the premier league.

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Were we technically in the cup at that stage? It was only a qualifying round, like the 38 matches of the premier league.

I mean, it depends on how into semantics you are, but imo, if you have a league keeper, and a cup keeper, I would consider anything beyond the league being the cup keepers domain.

Doubt this is the case anyway though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

sword1 wrote: »
    I see juventus boss says they will be talking to Can in January. I know some on here don't rate him but I must say that I am very disappointed as I thought he was our future captain. Hopefully he will change his mind even though it is looking unlikely.

Disappointed of course, but there is little you can do when a player sets his mind on something as Can seeming has (and hard to blame him).

He strikes me as a guy who wants to experience as much as he can in his career, and as long as keeps playing as he has been there will be no blame attached from me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

ricero wrote: »

Also if thats true about mingolet then fair play to klopp for dropping him. What a gob****e if true

Let the little bollox go, remember holding a grudge is like taking poison yourself and expecting the person to die

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

This might be an unpopular opinion but i wouldn't feel AS bad if Coutinho left.

We seem to be doing quite well without him in an attacking sense and he didn't contribute much defensively if i recall correctly.

And with hopefully Lemar coming in it would be a much easier pill to swallow.

My only concern would be squad rotation.

Be grand, sure we rotate the team every match after half time.
    Anyway, Enrique was always rotating but never seemed to do him any good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Morning reds! Will we be breaking our transfer record again today? Lemar, Van dijk, salah and keita would be a serious transfer window. On top of Solanke and Robertson who don't look too shabby. Keeping Coutinho would be the icing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Official Naby-ness :

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/273590-liverpool-agree-deal-to-sign-naby-keita

Liverpool Football Club can confirm they have reached an agreement with RB Leipzig for the future transfer of Naby Keita.

The Reds have agreed a deal with the German club and the midfielder that will see the 22-year-old move to Anfield on July 1, 2018 following the conclusion of the current season.

Keita, a Guinea international, joined Leipzig from Red Bull Salzburg in 2016 and scored eight goals in 31 Bundesliga appearances last term to help them to a second-place finish.

“I am delighted that an agreement has been reached which will allow me to join Liverpool Football Club next summer, when I will become part of a project that excites me greatly,” he said.

“My commitment to RBL remains absolute for the remainder of my time at the club. I have given my all every time I have worn the shirt – that will be the case until the final whistle, in my final appearance.

“Having my future resolved means I can now focus on helping RBL achieve great things this season. Until I join my new club, next summer, I will remain an interested supporter from a distance.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I've a feeling this lemar thing will be another case of Liverpool placing all their efforts on a player we've no chance of signing, we're good at doing that.

Arsenal have already spent a significant amount of time on it, and been told he's not got sale. If we waste the last few precious days of the window discovering the same, it will be another black mark against the transfer committee. Hopefully they have received some encouragement and aren't just taking a shot in the dark.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Doesn't get more official than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,308 ✭✭✭Pyjamarama

I've a feeling this lemar thing will be another case of Liverpool placing all their efforts on a payer we've no chance of signing, we're good at doing that.

Arsenal have already spent a significant amount of time on it, and been told he's not got sale. If we waste the last few precious days of the window discovering the same, it will be another black mark against the transfer committee. Hopefully they have received some encouragement and aren't just taking a shot in the dark.

Like Kieta?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Pyjamarama wrote: »
    Like Kieta?

The naysayers will say LFC will find a way of pulling out of the deal, you watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

rob316 wrote: »
    Morning reds! Will we be breaking our transfer record again today? Lemar, Van dijk, salah and keita would be a serious transfer window. On top of Solanke and Robertson who don't look too shabby. Keeping Coutinho would be the icing.

Assuming that the pieces in play from here are Lemar, VVD and Phil, here's my take

Sign both players and Phil stays - phenomenal window, best I can remember
    Sign both players but Phil leaves - excellent window, with a bittersweet tang
    Sign VVD and Phil stays - excellent window
    Sign Lemar and Phil stays - good enough window
    Sign VVD and Phil leaves - a little underwhelming but already excited for next season with more signings & Keita
    Sign Lemar and Phil leaves - underwhelming

Very poor window if no further signings and Phil leaves

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Can't help feeling we'd have been better of being hammered by Arsenal with the defence putting in a calamitous display we know they're capable of. There's simply not enough panic. Jesus, people are praising Moreno.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Announced nice and early in the day..freeing up the afternoon for another announcement perhaps? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Can't help feeling we'd have been better of being hammered by Arsenal with the defence putting in a calamitous display we know they're capable of. There's simply not enough panic. Jesus, people are praising Moreno.

This comment is right up there with the one after the CL group draw asking if the top 2 goes through from the group stage :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'd say there's an element of tongue in cheek there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

There really is some miserys on here. Better off we got battered by arsenal than put in a sensational performance Sunday? Why even bother supporting this club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

https://twitter.com/DaveOCKOP/status/902307158284488706

Anyone no if this guy is a spoofer Bill? I wonder have we seen if Southampton would take Sahko as part of any deal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,516 ✭✭✭Hoki

I've a feeling this lemar thing will be another case of Liverpool placing all their efforts on a player we've no chance of signing, we're good at doing that.

I think the reality is Lemar probably didn't want to join Arsenal who are not in the champions league and seem to be getting progressively worse. It's like a role reversal where in the past liverpool would be snubbed for players opting for champions league clubs.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/DaveOCKOP/status/902307158284488706

Anyone no if this guy is a spoofer Bill? I wonder have we seen if Southampton would take Sahko as part of any deal?

According to Reddit he's a spoofer, I don't know tbh

https://mobile.twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/902282853945229312

Reddy with the top quality Ice Cube banter...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Fieldog wrote: »
    According to Reddit he's a spoofer, I don't know tbh

Yeah, he's absolute Nicky Butts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

There's a lot of talk about Keita coming early if RBL go out of the CL group stages. I doubt it though. It effectively incentivises him to give <100% in those games, and the EL could be RBL's first major trophy and most viable route back into the CL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Marseille have made an offer for Liverpool attacker Divock Origi, according to L'Équipe
    https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/902440009478877184

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

gimli2112 wrote: »

Go straight to the bold corner and don't come back..

Be a good loan move if they were open to a loan...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Plenty of interest in Origi. Wouldn't be surprised to see an experienced striker come in if he was sold. If not, I'd rather keep him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

The naysayers will say LFC will find a way of pulling out of the deal, you watch.

Who said we were deliberately bidding low on Keita so it looked like we "tried" to sign him......some nonsense even then, but now proved wrong I wonder will that same poster have anything else to say on it.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Fieldog wrote: »
    Be a good loan move if they were open to a loan...

If it's a permanent deal I'd want a buy back clause in the contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Just curious, the wait for games to kick off when the teams come out seems way longer in Anfield then anywhere else, just noticed it rewatching the arsenal match. They hardly delay kick off or come out early for YNWA to be sang?

No different, Liverpool play YNWA after the premier league anthem, most other teams stop the music after the premier league anthem has been played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Knex. wrote: »

1st game after the international break as away to Man City

emmetkenny wrote: »
    If it's a permanent deal I'd want a buy back clause in the contract.

If he sorts out his finishing with them then I would definitely would like a buy back clause put in....

• Advertisement

That kinda makes Karius out to be a dirty, crawling maggot really.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement