Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Super-Rush wrote: »
    Coutinho to PSG.

Just wait.

Think that would bother me less than Barca.

Also would enjoy the Barca ****fit if that was to happen.

Have Di Maria come the other way for a total Barcelona meltdown!! 😀

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

If we got VVD and Lemar in, I wouldn't care too much about coutinho leaving, it just makes a huge statement of intent that we can hold onto our best players which is important.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

I think the area most in need of improvement and will potentially cost you most points is in goal. Defensive line coming in for too much stick imo. Have only conceded in two of last nine league games which is excellent considering attacking nature. Karius was their worst player on Sunday by a distance and didn't have a shot to save, Mingolet will make mistakes over the season, think the area needs strengthening to a point where you're in no doubt who your best goalkeeper is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Vicxas wrote: »
    The lads over on reddit are tracking a private jet from Bournmouth Airport to Liverpool.

Proper tinfoil hat stuff going on.

Jordan Ibe is coming back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

https://twitter.com/LFCVine/status/902299475565314049

Liverpool now have the 3 most expensive African footballers of all-time. Mane 1f449-1f3fb.png £34m Salah 1f449-1f3fb.png £37m Keita 1f449-1f3fb.png £48m

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Let's be honest yesterday was a shock to everyone. No-one saw the 2 Lemar bids really happening and certainly nobody saw the keita deal being done.

All the twitter talk and the itk talk is just gossip made up by people taking an educated guess as to what is happening.

For example we have officials currently in Germany talking about the sanches deal. Bayer want it to be a loan and we want it to be permanent........ of course I just made that up but it's more a less what all the reports were saying so it's not a bad guess as to what might be happening.

Point is don't listen to rubbish because after the early summer stuff with vvd we have been closed for transfer chatter. No more leaks. Anything that happens wipe come out of nowhere and yesterday proves that.

So relax and just believe they are trying to get the players we need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

Liverpool now have the 3 most expensive African footballers of all-time. Mane 1f449-1f3fb.png £34m Salah 1f449-1f3fb.png £37m Keita 1f449-1f3fb.png £48m

Luckily the next African nations cup is a Summer tournament

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,086 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Less than 1 Countinho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Rekop dog wrote: »
    Luckily the next African nations cup is a Summer tournament

Completely agree! Or else we would be shooting ourselves in the foot.

The more I think about the Kieta deal the more I think it's absolutely genius. Ok you don't want to give him away now. Ok, we'll buy him now for next season. Consider all the hype between now and then as other clubs try to buy him from us if we were still after him. Absolutely brilliant and Klopp and co. are patient to wait for him. I wonder who's idea it was?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

Just seen it on facebook that neymar will tell phil not to join barca when they are on international duty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Surely Drogba or toure would be up there at some point, they definitely were on higher wages

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

ricero wrote: »
    People need to stop worrying about money. We have spent **** all since klopp came in and have the champions league and tv money now. Also next year coutinho will probaly be sold for 100 million plus

I don't think the money barca will offer next summer will be quite as good as it is this summer.

Desperation and a hole in their pocket.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

sword1 wrote: »
    Surely Drogba or toure would be up there at some point, they definitely were on higher wages

Both cost about £25m if memory serves me right.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Tusky wrote: »
    Crazy to think Can is only 23. His potential is scary.

Three of the below goals would be amazing - listed in order of importance.

Sign VVD or other top CB
    Keep Coutiniho for one more season
    New contract for Can
    Sign Lemar

It is nice to see the general consensus of this place finally coming around to the fact that we have a player with great potential in emre Can. I have been saying it since the day he arrived but for most of his time here he hasn't been rated very highly at all. Having said that it is far too early to be talking about giving him the captaincy imo. While very talented he just doesn't seem like the most loyal player in the world tbh. Not to mention I think that giving the captaincy to someone just to try keep him at the club is so small time. Think Joe Cole captain at West Ham amongst others I can't think of right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

The same car that brought Salah and Robertson in for their medicals has picked up someone who came directly off that private airplane that was being tracked. This is actually gas to follow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Knex. wrote: »
    The same car that brought Salah and Robertson in for their medicals has picked up someone who came directly off that private airplane that was being tracked. This is actually gas to follow.

Its the tension that gets you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Sean Dundee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

mormank wrote: »
    It is nice to see the general consensus of this place finally coming around to the fact that we have a player with great potential in emre Can. I have been saying it since the day he arrived but for most of his time here he hasn't been rated very highly at all. Having said that it is far too early to be talking about giving him the captaincy imo. While very talented he just doesn't seem like the most loyal player in the world tbh. Not to mention I think that giving the captaincy to someone just to try keep him at the club is so small time. Think Joe Cole captain at West Ham amongst others I can't think of right now.

Henderson is doing a grand job. The captain doesn't need to be Billy big bollix on the pitch, he needs to lead by professional example as hendo does all the time. Can already has enough to say on the pitch without making him captain too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

mormank wrote: »

Glad he's finally showing more consistency.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Rekop dog wrote: »
    I think the area most in need of improvement and will potentially cost you most points is in goal. Defensive line coming in for too much stick imo. Have only conceded in two of last nine league games which is excellent considering attacking nature. Karius was their worst player on Sunday by a distance and didn't have a shot to save, Mingolet will make mistakes over the season, think the area needs strengthening to a point where you're in no doubt who your best goalkeeper is.
    My thoughts exactly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

it's not the same car

https://www.reddit.com/r/LiverpoolFC/comments/6wr03z/vvd_touchdown/dma20m1/

Saints fan site, 2 hours ago, reckon VVD deal almost done:

https://saintsmarching.com/2017/08/29/liverpool-reportedly-close-sealing-huge-transfer-virgil-van-dijk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Today and yesterday have been the first few quiet days I've had in work in ages. Honestly couldn't have happened at better times. This has been great craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Where did you see that?

Nowt on Reddit

Edit : see it now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac: this guy cracks me up

https://twitter.com/indykaila/status/902510787113181185

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Completely agree! Or else we would be shooting ourselves in the foot.

The more I think about the Kieta deal the more I think it's absolutely genius. Ok you don't want to give him away now. Ok, we'll buy him now for next season. Consider all the hype between now and then as other clubs try to buy him from us if we were still after him. Absolutely brilliant and Klopp and co. are patient to wait for him. I wonder who's idea it was?

Grayditch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Liverpool twitter has iust gone mental. This is bigger than the Babbel-copter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Mr.H wrote: »
    Let's be honest yesterday was a shock to everyone. No-one saw the 2 Lemar bids really happening and certainly nobody saw the keita deal being done.

All the twitter talk and the itk talk is just gossip made up by people taking an educated guess as to what is happening.

For example we have officials currently in Germany talking about the sanches deal. Bayer want it to be a loan and we want it to be permanent........ of course I just made that up but it's more a less what all the reports were saying so it's not a bad guess as to what might be happening.

Point is don't listen to rubbish because after the early summer stuff with vvd we have been closed for transfer chatter. No more leaks. Anything that happens wipe come out of nowhere and yesterday proves that.

So relax and just believe they are trying to get the players we need.

Which is what i said at the start of the summer, I would not listen to or pay any heed to what you read until it is from the club

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Got to love the madness of the last few days of the transfer window. Like christmas day for adults. Lets hope we are not left opening a box of ****e

• Advertisement

Pearce is saying Allan to go on loan to a club in Portugal this season.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

rob316 wrote: »
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac: this guy cracks me up

https://twitter.com/indykaila/status/902510787113181185

Here's an image from inside the plane!

413C3C9700000578-0-Virgil_van_Dijk_looks_out_of_the_window_as_he_relaxes_on_a_priva-a-23_1496926270639.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Loved the comment on Reddit that we're winning the transfer market :)

^ That's not good posture, you'll do your calf in sitting like that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Today and yesterday have been the first few quiet days I've had in work in ages. Honestly couldn't have happened at better times. This has been great craic.

You'll be busy once everyone gets paid this week, that's when the male brothels do their best business.

I have heard... :o

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Boom_Bap wrote: »

I was posting that image in jest, but I see that some sleuth on twitter has been comparing the interior of that plane against the one that was in flight and they are very similar :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I was posting that image in jest, but I see that some sleuth on twitter has been comparing the interior of that plane against the one that was in flight and they are very similar :pac:

That's the standard fit-out for leased Gulfstreams!

I would know! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

If lemar signs I think Coutinho is gone. We are already taking a risk with keita by signing him for next year. If lemar signs I don't think we can risk waiting till next year to sell Coutinho. If keita and Coutinho got injured the club would be ****ed for a transfer budget for years to come.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

413C3C9700000578-0-Virgil_van_Dijk_looks_out_of_the_window_as_he_relaxes_on_a_priva-a-23_1496926270639.jpg

Any man that can maintain that position in a comfy airplane seat for the last 2 months has got to be a good defender :) Bring it on :cool:

i thought this was a joke but the plane is heading away from London and is on the correct flight path! Great news

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

To London if that planes latest swerve is anything to go by!

the plane is definitely going to Liverpool or Manchester!

* doh it's turning around to London!! damn it ha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

sword1 wrote: »
    If lemar signs I think Coutinho is gone. We are already taking a risk with keita by signing him for next year. If lemar signs I don't think we can risk waiting till next year to sell Coutinho. If keita and Coutinho got injured the club would be ****ed for a transfer budget for years to come.

I'd imagine they have insurance or a clause in the contract that they can't send a crippled Keita in a wheelchair to us next June.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

the plane is definitely going to Liverpool or Manchester!

FFS. Have we really gotten to this stage?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

The more I think about the Kieta deal the more I think it's absolutely genius. Ok you don't want to give him away now. Ok, we'll buy him now for next season. Consider all the hype between now and then as other clubs try to buy him from us if we were still after him. Absolutely brilliant and Klopp and co. FSG are patient to wait for him. I wonder who's idea it was?

Where have you been Livinginkorea? (:D)

A lot of folks round here were forming a lyincing party for FSG if the Kieta deal didn't get done so I guess if they were to take the blame for it not happening then they must take the credit for it happening or is that level of logic too much to hope for?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Hes also not in Monaco :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

i thought this was a joke but the plane is heading away from London and is on the correct flight path! Great news

Deal is off...he is on his way back home......

don't panic, there is at least 7 more planes going towards the uk from Monaco. Happy days!:pac:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement