Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

A couple of builders won £6k on Keita signing for Liverpool this summer.

But Paddy Power won't payout on technicality that Keita won't be in the Liverpool squad even thought he did sign.

“I rang Paddy Power and asked; ‘can Barcelona sign Keita tomorrow’, they said ‘no’ and I said ‘why, because he has signed for Liverpool?’.

“They still are refusing to pay out the money and said that he won’t be playing in the squad before the date.”

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

But Paddy Power won't payout on technicality that Keita won't be in the Liverpool squad even thought he did sign.

I read some of that, to be fair the bet was that he would be a Liverpool player before September 1st 2017, which he is not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

If Coutinho leaves for 160m .

It would still be a decent window if we signed VVD & Lemar for about 150m or whatever they cost. Along with Keita coming next season it is good business.

I would also take Krychowiak on loan from PSG as Grujic has looked poor is his cameo's.

Very disapointed how Coutinho has handled the transfer .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I backed Keita to stay in an effort to hedge my bets, and those robbing bastards will probably refuse to pay out for that side as well.

MD1990 wrote: »
    If Coutinho leaves for 160m .

It would still be a decent window if we signed VVD & Lemar for about 150m or whatever they cost. Along with Keita coming next season it is good business.

I would also take Krychowiak on loan from PSG as Grujic has looked poor is his cameo's.

Very disapointed how Coutinho has handled the transfer .

I thought Grujic looked excellent every time I saw him play in a Liverpool jersey.

It'd be more than decent I'd say. Sure we're losing one of our best players, but we're not selling him just because it's a good offer, he's become absolute poison and is behaving awfully to get this move. Replacing him with a 21 year old who was a key player in getting Monaco a Ligue 1 title and into a Champions League semi-final, while also bringing in van Dijk and Salah would still be a great window.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Coutinho to go this window after the club was adamant he would not be sold.

who next summer ? mane ? firmino ?

Disappointing to sell him if true. We still will be seen as a selling club by most.

still short if he goes. We would need another cm to come in with lemar and van dijk

If he goes (which is still far from likely) we didn't just sell him for the craic, he forced his way out of the club. FSG can't be blamed for that ffs.

Rumours John W is going to sell Klopp to Arsenal for The OX.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Would I be right in saying that as he gave in a transfer request that he will not get his share of the transfer fee which is usually 10%.I did not read the breakdown of the offer but I presume it is around 110million so that is an extra 11 million.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

I'll be appalled if we sell Coutinho after taking such a strong stance. We need to be sending a message to Barcelona/Madrid and players like Coutinho.

He should 100% be kept this summer. Backing down every time is just encouraging players and clubs to continue this routine with us summer upon summer. If he still wants to go next summer, fine. He'll at least have been made sweat. I really don't like rolling over here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

you simply cant turn down that much cash for phil coutinho sorry,hes a great player,could become world class,may not. looks like we are spending on really good players,or trying too,it makes a change. he wants out,let him go for that money. move on.

The question is, can we win the treble without him? I feel we should hold onto him to just give us the edge in the FA Cup, its small margins lads.

No good source saying he is sold that I can find

To put it another way, I'd be far happier if we sold Phil and got Lemar and van Dijk than if we kept him and signed nobody else.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I thought Grujic looked excellent every time I saw him play in a Liverpool jersey.

I don't think he has been great part from some pre-season games. Too slow releasing the ball & some terrible tackles as well.

Only young so hopefully he will improve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

So Duncan Castles writes another article about Coutinho leaving and place goes into melt down

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    That's why I'm ITK

In the Kitchen I assume with all those food posts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

you simply cant turn down that much cash for phil coutinho sorry,hes a great player,could become world class,may not. looks like we are spending on really good players,or trying too,it makes a change. he wants out,let him go for that money. move on.

You can if you don't bring in replacements and so far they haven't. If Lemar and VVD come in and Coutinho goes, fair enough, you can't argue with that being good business, but those deals seem to be a 50/50 at best. Liverpool can't let Coutinho leave with reinforcing elsewhere.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

So Duncan Castles writes another article about Coutinho leaving and place goes into melt down

and the founder of a Twitter page that spends his life retweeting what journalists say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

ricero wrote: »
    Coutinho to go this window after the club was adamant he would not be sold.

who next summer ? mane ? firmino ?

Disappointing to sell him if true. We still will be seen as a selling club by most.

still short if he goes. We would need another cm to come in with lemar and van dijk

I feel the same.
    Going after a talent like Lemar should be a move for any ambitious club to consider and not a reaction to cashing in on one of their best players.

Please stay Phil!!! This is our year!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

ballyargus wrote: »
    Paddy Power have locked betting on Coutinho to Barca and the odds of him staying have doubled out to beyond 2/1.

Personally, I'd like the Lemar deal locked off before confirming his exit.

Ideally I'd like them both at the club for the season we have ahead. Our players were exhausted from Mid Jan until near the end of the season when players returning from injury (Countinho among them) gave us the shot in the arm we needed to secure a CL place.

You do realise that betting odds mean nothing at all. Just indicate how people are betting and they’re getting their info from the media.

A few bets can change the price drastically.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

A fairly mild melt down though tbf

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

I'll be appalled if we sell Coutinho after taking such a strong stance. We need to be sending a message to Barcelona/Madrid and players like Coutinho.

He should 100% be kept this summer. Backing down every time is just encouraging players and clubs to continue this routine with us summer upon summer. If he still wants to go next summer, fine. He'll at least have been made sweat. I really don't like rolling over here.

The exact same sentiment can be applied to VVD and Southampton too. It works both ways and is just the way football is at this stage.

Player agitates for a move + club is offered silly money to sell him = in the best interests of everybody to do the deal and move on.

Liverpool Twitter CEO is back!
    @John_W_Henry @PeterMooreLFC So much for keeping Coutinho. FSG are a bunch of **** houses with a sell to buy policy. Clubs going no-where!
    My sincere apologies, but I know not of what you speak..

https://twitter.com/petermoorelfc/status/902603067723587584

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Pretty ballsy stance to be taking with the fans if Coutinho does eventually go.

Someone wake me up on Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I would hope he would know more than us and the ITKs, then again, did Ian Ayre know much about transfer stuff?

He could be talking about his knowledge of sh1t houses. :pac:

If this window has taught us anything, it is that not enough Twitter users understand what the word ‘definitive’ means.

https://twitter.com/_ChrisBascombe/status/902600329400905728

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

People like that Tyler Smith fella make me ****ing cringe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

Knex. wrote: »
    People like that Tyler Smith fella make me ****ing cringe.

There's a level of entitlement and assholery that is just staggering

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

People are just bloody awful.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    People are just bloody awful.

Stupid people being angry on the internet makes me cry :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

He won't be sold FSG statement was short and strong. They said no more as there is nothing else to say not for sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

If Barca want to book Coutinho for July 1st with payment up front now, I am ok with that :)

Just for a change from transfer rumours, have a look at this video of a relatively new stat being used to estimate how a team is over or underperforming in front of goal:

It's been used by clubs for a couple of years says the guy in the video, but it's only now it's being used by media. I saw it used on MOTD2 in the analysis of our match against Arsenal. Our xG rating was 3.24, which means we converted chances at a higher rate than expected on Sunday, and Arsenal's was 0.57 which means they converted at a poorer rate than expected, which shows they never really stood a chance in hindsight.

It looks like a useful stat and if we consistently finish above our xG and are fortunate enough to keep our opposition below their own a lot of time (I'm sure goalkeeping ability is factored in), then it'll be one of the keys to staying in the top 4. It's a bit of an obvious stat in reality, but it's the first time it's been properly calculated and consumed by the average football fan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just for a change from transfer rumours, have a look at this video of a relatively new stat being used to estimate how a team is over or underperforming in front of goal:

It's been used by clubs for a couple of years says the guy in the video, but it's only now it's being used by media. I saw it used on MOTD2 in the analysis of our match against Arsenal. Our xG rating was 3.24, which means we converted chances at a higher rate than expected on Sunday, and Arsenal's was 0.57 which means they converted at a poorer rate than expected, which shows they never really stood a chance in hindsight.

It looks like a useful stat and if we consistently finish above our xG and are fortunate enough to keep our opposition below their own a lot of time (I'm sure goalkeeping ability is factored in), then it'll be one of the keys to staying in the top 4. It's a bit of an obvious stat in reality, but it's the first time it's been properly calculated and consumed by the average football fan.

Marcotti was bangin' on about this a bit last year. All seemed to make sense, though his voice makes me inherently not quite trust what he says.

Arsenal had no shot on target, Liverpool had 10

• Advertisement

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Marcotti was bangin' on about this a bit last year. All seemed to make sense, though his voice makes me inherently not quite trust what he says.

I've gone back and forth with him on Twitter a fair bit in the past when I used it. He's very good and one of my favourites (used to enjoy him a lot on ESPN FC when he was in the studio) but aside from transfer rumours and scoops, he gets more wrong than a journalist of his stature should in terms of tactical analysis and measuring the strengths and weaknesses of a player.

He's one of the good guys though IMO, not one I'd distrust anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Keita Balde is confirmed by Monaco, Lamer given the all clear i hope

Liverpool set for frantic final 48 hours of the transfer window - what will happen, who will come and who will go

James Pearce.
    The Reds are prepared to shell out £150million to secure the services of Monaco attacking midfielder Thomas Lemar and Southampton centre-back Virgil van Dijk.

However, neither deal is straightforward. Both Lemar and Van Dijk are keen to move to Anfield but Liverpool face a battle to convince their clubs to do business.
    The Reds rejected a £25million offer from Crystal Palace for Mamadou Sakho on Tuesday but the Eagles are expected to return with a package which meets the £30million asking price.

Lazar Markovic will also depart with Watford a potential destination. Liverpool would prefer to off-load him permanently but might have to settle for a loan.

Divock Origi and Ryan Kent could also leave on temporary deals.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-set-frantic-final-48-13547013.amp

Flanagan would want to look for a team if he wants to play this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Completely forgot about Flanno. Jaysus.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Liverpool set for frantic final 48 hours of the transfer window - what will happen, who will come and who will go

James Pearce.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/liverpool-set-frantic-final-48-13547013.amp

Flanagan would want to look for a team if he wants to play this season.

If Pearce is saying that now we must be close? Mustn't we :confused:

Is Coutinhio gone? Must be nearly done at this stage

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

emmetkenny wrote: »
    If Pearce is saying that now we must be close? Mustn't we :confused:

Yep, we can all smell it...just hope it's not under-cooked.

Coutinho dropped to the bench for the Brazil game tonight

Coutinho dropped to the bench for the Brazil game tonight

Well it's a spell since he played a game, giving his back a rest so he'll be able to carry all those euros

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I would be shocked if southampton reject that bid. For a club of their stature i think its just too much to turn down even if it does piss off the fans

I'd be shocked if Liverpool turn down a €160m for Coutinho it would be too much to turn down even if it does p1ss off fans.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement