Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

ricero wrote: »
    I would be shocked if southampton reject that bid. For a club of their stature i think its just too much to turn down even if it doed pisd off the fans

Your slurring your words, it's passed your bedtime on a school night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

I'd be shocked if Liverpool turn down a €160m for Coutinho it would be too much to turn down even if it does p1ss off fans.

Sure FSG still have their communion money saved

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Be nice to have a bit of excitement on the deadline day. Haven't any excitement since Babel was spotted in the helicopter.

niallo27 wrote: »
    Be nice to have a bit of excitement on the deadline day. Haven't any excitement since Babel was spotted in the helicopter.

BTKxC7-CIAAQepd.jpg

Never forget

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I'd be shocked if Liverpool turn down a €160m for Coutinho it would be too much to turn down even if it does p1ss off fans.

160 million this summer is about 200 million next year.

I wouldnt sell purely because we would be giving in. F@ck Barca and Phil. If he leaves its on our terms and when we are good and ready to sell.

Tell him he can leave for 200 million next summer and even give him the release clause of such in a new contract if that will ease his back pain the little Magic sh1t.

We dont exactly need the cash so what do we do with an extra 160 million sitting around the gaff?

Keep Phil with or without his happyness and do our best to bring in Lemar and VVD. Also wouldnt be a bad idea to take Sanches on loan with an option to buy him next summer (to replace Phil. Not going to happen but a guy can dream)

It'd be pretty impressive to turn down that sort of cash.

****ing hell, that would nearly pay for anfield road end. I'd sell him to construct that extension!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

:D
    A great repoiste but also captures the essence of this whole window for me.

RoboKlopp wrote: »

****ing hell, that would nearly pay for anfield road end. I'd sell him to construct that extension!!

But whats the difference really. We turned down 120 million?? So its an extra 40 million. Thats the same as the extra 5 million we use to all give out about not paying to get deals done.

40 million is not the same as it was when we signed Salah for example :D all those weeks ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I hope FSG stick to their guns too. He will be worth more next summer post World Cup so I want to see him stay. Plus the fact a few weeks ago J Mysterio said that if Liverpool win the league this season then he would personally go to Anfield and sculpt a statue of Coutinhio. We all know we are going to win the league so that part is sorted, but if Phil leaves we will never get to see how good J Mysterio is at sculpting statues.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Think if Coutinho does stay, it'll be similar to Suarez, a new deal with a defined buy-out clause.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I really hope we get Lemar and just bench Coutinho, give him the cup games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I ideally want him only sold if we bring in a suitable replacement, like Lemar.

But the other thing that would satisfy me, is if they sell him and lower the ticket prices. Gate receipt matters less than ever anyway with the TV deal dwarfing it, so would be a great gesture to the fans.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    I ideally want him only sold if we bring in a suitable replacement, like Lemar.

But the other thing that would satisfy me, is if they sell him and lower the ticket prices. Gate receipt matters less than ever anyway with the TV deal dwarfing it, so would be a great gesture to the fans.

The 2nd option to gain your satisfaction won't be happening. Fsg aren't SVP.

Augeo wrote: »
    The 2nd option to gain your satisfaction won't be happening. Fsg aren't SVP.

I know, but y'know, wishful thinking.

I do genuinely think though that it's something clubs are going to have to start doing sooner rather than later. They're still selling out grounds, but the atmosphere's are just getting worse and worse. And with the growing disconnect between teams and their local areas, it's one of the easier ways to recapture that local sensibility.

Even on the more cynical side, as well as it being a good gesture, they'd also be investing in providing a better TV product. There's a massive difference between watching a Champions League night match, and a dull premier league atmosphere we get most weekends. Better atmosphere equals better product. I'd be confident that fans watching for the first time in emerging markets are going to be more drawn to a passionate, raucous crowd, than a quiet tomb of a place. It can also only help results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I really hope we get Lemar and just bench Coutinho, give him the cup games.

I'd be inclined to select him for every 'big' game myself.

In a kind of .....go on then, Bertie Big Balls........show the Brazil boss why you should be picked for the world cup....... and show Barca why the're going to spend 160m on you next summer. Up to you fella? you gonna turn up?

And who would have thought a flight to Brazil was a cure for back pain? eh?

Speaking of Brazil. I know its usual rumour crap, but I saw something about Neymar trying to convince Coutinho not to go to Barca............ Again I know its rubbish but it is very possible. Neymar hates Barca right now and could easily be turning Phil off the idea. Perhaps with the idea that he could go to PSG next season???

I just dont think its all negative going to meet his buddy who hates Barca ;)

PSG will struggle to pay a big fee next summer too i'd say though, with the way the Mbappe deal is structured, where they're paying it all next year after a FFP-loophole 'season-long-loan' until then.

Matchday revenue approximately
    Arsenal 130
    United 115
    Chelsea 90
    Liverpool 75
    We need to keep a diverse income in case of a change in the tv deals

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Sell him next year when it suits us to pay for the stand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,979 ✭✭✭doc_17

I think Coutinho's value is at its highest now. And if we wanted to sell him at that point it would be now.

doc_17 wrote: »
    I think Coutinho's value is at its highest now. And if we wanted to sell him at that point it would be now.

Most people would have said that when we were offered 70 million..................

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Mr.H wrote: »
    Most people would have said that when we were offered 70 million..................

Not anyone with a clue.
    Packet of monster munch to close out the day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    Not anyone with a clue.

Just had a packet myself.

Brazil game is not till Friday am? Is the team announced already?

Not anyone with a clue.

Really???? So when 70 million was banded about before the Neymar situation, it wasnt above his value???

You really think Coutinho was worth more than that pre-neymar money???

Im not really sure the people who have a clue, know what they are talking about if thats the case

• Advertisement

Not anyone with a clue.
    Just had a packet myself.

Ugh ye bastards, I could ****in' murder a packet of monster munch!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Monaco haven't responded to the 80m + Origi on loan bid, apparently. They're sleeping on it.

Would be nice to check the news tomorrow and see this deal completed.

Knex. wrote: »
    Monaco haven't responded to the 80m + Origi on loan bid, apparently. They're sleeping on it.

Would be nice to check the news tomorrow and see this deal completed.

That would be a great deal... be lovely to get Origi drinking whatever they put in the water over there for a year. Will be worth 100 million when he gets back to us!

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Ugh ye bastards, I could ****in' murder a packet of monster munch!

I'll post you a 6 pack for the craic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Sell the whole squad and fsg can't get the next few rounds, be mighty. Feck the football, aurenits the drinking and taking about it that's important

• Advertisement

How high did arsenal bid for lemar, a thirty million bid and I can see they were rumoured to bid fifty four million but I don't see if they submitted that bid. Either way if Liverpool sign him and he is a success arsenal tv could be interesting. I can't stand monster munch, I have to leave the room if someone opens a packet.

https://twitter.com/bbcsport_david/status/902666576125624320

"Oxlade-Chamberlain has rejected Chelsea move & wants to join Liverpool. Bid lower than #CFC £40m expected. Otherwise will stay at #AFC #LFC"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

BBC now saying Oxbow-Chambermaid has rejected Chelsea and only wants to join Liverpool.

This transfer window is ****ing mental.

We should bid 15m, Arsenal either take it or let him go for free next year.

Really???? So when 70 million was banded about before the Neymar situation, it wasnt above his value???

Obviously not. It was below.
    You really think Coutinho was worth more than that pre-neymar money???

Yes
    Im not really sure the people who have a clue, know what they are talking about if thats the case

Makes no sense.

Are you alright?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Coutinho dropped to the bench for the Brazil game tonight

What game tonight?? :confused:

We should bid 15m, Arsenal either take it or let him go for free next year.

Bid a packet of monster munch.

monster-munch-2-1484222469-custom-0.png

I am reporting that image, its disgusting

Thanks for the update.

This is quite entertaining. Panel with Kenny, Roy Keane and Henry talking about the history of the PL.

• Advertisement

Not a big Monster Munch fan, Meanies on the other hand...

Obviously not. It was below.

Yes

Makes no sense.

Are you alright?

Just shocked that you ever thought Coutinho was worth more than 70 million is all. I mean this was before Neymar went for billions of pounds (now that the sterling is worth nothing).

I get that we can have rose tinted specs but lets be honest Coutinhos real value was around 50-60 million before the world blew up in surprise when PSG said "lets just f@ck things up". Of course his value has changed now. My point was that people said it was above his value when that offer was made, let alone now with a potential 160 on the table.

For what its worth I dont think we should sell him. Youll know that if youve read any of my posts. But to say he was worth me than 70 million at the start of the summer is complete horse manure.

Im not going to explain what I said in my last post. Its in black and white (unless youve customized the font on your screen of course)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

BBC now saying Oxbow-Chambermaid has rejected Chelsea and only wants to join Liverpool.

This transfer window is ****ing mental.

Member dis?

"I have always wanted to be Steven Gerrard, there's still time for that"..........on telly.

To believe that he has doubled in intrinsic value without kicking a ball over the summer is naive to put it kindly, horse nonsense even.

What you are really saying (understandably) is that you don't really understand how football players are valued - how those values are ever changing in monetary value based on market changes such as the ever increasing TV/merchandising/stadium revenue.

I don't fully understand it either, but clearly am closer to the mark than yourself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Klopp's tapping up is absolutely second to none. Cult leader, job.

To believe that he has doubled in intrinsic value without kicking a ball over the summer is naive to put it kindly, horse nonsense even.

What you are really saying (understandably) is that you don't really understand how football players are valued - how those values are ever changing in monetary value based on market changes such as the ever increasing TV/merchandising/stadium revenue.

I don't fully understand it either, but clearly am closer to the mark than yourself.

So your telling me his value right now is nothing to do with the Neymar deal?

So your telling me his value right now is nothing to do with the Neymar deal?

Are you telling me what you had for tea?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

daithijjj wrote:
    "I have always wanted to be Steven Gerrard, there's still time for that"..........on telly.

He's not even Danny Murphy never mind Gerrard.
    Go away & stay at Arsenal as we've got 5 midfielders better for the starting 3 midfield spots (I'm counting Cout as the thought of him leaving & Chamberlain coming in is as any sort of replacement is depressing).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

I would 100% take Ox at under £20m, would be a handy enough player with the amount of games we will be playing. I'd see him as one of the wide front 3 as oppose to playing the Wij or Can role that he reckons he can play. He is also the type of player and personality that I think would thrive under Klopp.

• Advertisement

Are you telling me what you had for tea?

Well I had Chilli con Carne on a two burgers with poached egg in the center and curly fries on the side......................... hmm better times.

But my point is that Coutinho would not have been valued at 160 million at the start of the summer and yes thats without kicking a ball. His value yes did double and it was nothing to do with him and everything to do with Barca having a lot of cash and everyone knowing it. Not to mention they are panicing.

I also dont think Dembele is worth 100 million by the way.

I could debate the fact that no player is worth bla bla bla but Im sure you get my point but for some reason dont want to admit you see it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement