Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

I would 100% take Ox at under £20m, would be a handy enough player with the amount of games we will be playing. I'd see him as one of the wide front 3 as oppose to playing the Wij or Can role that he reckons he can play. He is also the type of player and personality that I think would thrive under Klopp.

Id def take him for less than 20 million. Anything over that would be a little bit meh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Mr.H wrote: »
    Well I had Chilli con Carne on a two burgers with poached egg in the center and curly fries on the side......................... hmm better times.

But my point is that Coutinho would not have been valued at 160 million at the start of the summer and yes thats without kicking a ball. His value yes did double and it was nothing to do with him and everything to do with Barca having a lot of cash and everyone knowing it. Not to mention they are panicing.

I also dont think Dembele is worth 100 million by the way.

I could debate the fact that no player is worth bla bla bla but Im sure you get my point but for some reason dont want to admit you see it.
    But he's not worth €160 million to anyone apart from Barcelona who have more cash than normal to splash and there is few obvious replacements for neymar
    No other club would pay €100 million for coutinho
    It's now or never for that sort of money

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Chambermaid does not get in our team. Would not make bench either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,038 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Knex. wrote: »
    I'll post you a 6 pack for the craic.

Don't tease me!

But he's not worth €160 million to anyone apart from Barcelona who have more cash than normal to splash and there is few obvious replacements for neymar
    No other club would pay €100 million for coutinho
    It's now or never for that sort of money

But thats my point. He isnt worth 160 million and was never worth 70 million. But we turned it down when it seemed like a lot of money for him. The same as if we were offered 300 million. It would seem like a lot but if we dont want to sell then so be it.

Its the principle of the thing. Kinda makes me want Southampton to hold out also (if we actually tried for someone else that is)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Chambermaid does not get in our team. Would not make bench either.

There is no way he pushes for a move to Liverpool without someone in the club letting him know that there is interest. Same for keita, vvd and lemar. The club has learned that there is no point in chasing players without finding out if they are interested in moving to Liverpool. Some call that tapping up but it only makes sense

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Have to admire Ox's dedication to prove himself as a CM. He's already turned down way more money from Arsenal than he'll get paid at Liverpool and has now turned down the champions too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Never mind, just found out he's represented by Aidy Ward, fcuk it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Hopefully Sakho, Markovic, Bogdan, and Flanagan get their skates on.
    Ings and Kent too maybe, on loan deals. Newcastle could take Ings or Origi

source.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

I'd like the Ox, think there is potential there for him to be a very good player and playing in Klopp's system would suit him.
    Right now would he start in our team? No but he could get to that level or at least to a level where he's pushing the starting players for their spots and being a very good squad player.

We don't have a deep enough squad and Ox is the perfect guy to bring in to bolster it. Is a decent player, is still young and has potential to be very good.

Now the problem is he could cost 40m but if he's really rejecting Chelsea and wants Liverpool, low ball Arsenal (Wenger has said he needs to trim their squad) or wait until next year to get him for free.

The way Klopp has Liverpool playing is the front players and midfielders need to run themselves into the ground. The more midfielders and attackers we have the better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Well I had Chilli con Carne on a two burgers with poached egg in the center and curly fries on the side......................... hmm better times.

But my point is that Coutinho would not have been valued at 160 million at the start of the summer and yes thats without kicking a ball. His value yes did double and it was nothing to do with him and everything to do with Barca having a lot of cash and everyone knowing it. Not to mention they are panicing.

I also dont think Dembele is worth 100 million by the way.

I could debate the fact that no player is worth bla bla bla but Im sure you get my point but for some reason dont want to admit you see it.

I see it, I disagree with it largely. In my early post I stated that the market prices are hard/impossible to accurately ever know and mentioned some reasons (the increased revenue pouring into the game, 4.2billion sky deal recently or there abouts?). The prices other players are transferred for is another obvious one.
    And yes, the fact we are late in the window likely pushes the price up as the cost of replacing a player or simply not being able to get a replacement increases.

But thats my point. He isnt worth 160 million and was never worth 70 million. But we turned it down when it seemed like a lot of money for him. The same as if we were offered 300 million. It would seem like a lot but if we dont want to sell then so be it.

Its the principle of the thing. Kinda makes me want Southampton to hold out also (if we actually tried for someone else that is)

So he Phil isn't even worth 70m but we aren't selling at 150m.
    And VDV isn't worth anywhere near 75m (I infer?) yet we are offering it and they have not yet agreed to sell a player who are vastly overvaluing (a price Chelsea have matched).
    wrote:
    Its the principle of the thing.

It really isn't.

Have you considered that maybe you are underestimating the value/price of players in this market?
    Is it because the sums mentioned are eyewatering to us Joe Soaps.
    Or another factor being the ever increasing money that is swirlling into the game from various streams of revenue?

Your prices remind me of that site transfermarkt which currently lists Phil at 45m euro.

Anyhow, in short, you don't think dembele is worth 105m, Barca and PSG do.
    You think Phil is worth less than 70m. Barca and Liverpool are still debating over 150m
    You think VDV is worth a lot less than 75m - Liverpool and Southampton agree.
    You were probably giving out about the 34m on Salah too?

In short, you are very bad at pricing players in this market. However, your tea sounds very interesting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Hopefully Sakho, Markovic, Bogdan, and Flanagan get their skates on.
    Ings and Kent too maybe, on loan deals. Newcastle could take Ings or Origi

source.gif

Wow, that video is like the unseen happy ending to 'Karma Police'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I was never too gone on signing Ox, but the fact that he turned down £180k a week at Arsenal and a transfer to the champions because he wants to play for us, means a lot to me as a fan to be honest. £35m is crazy and £20m is probably his true value given his contract situation, but an extra £5m as a "genuinely wants to play for our club" premium would be very fair in my eyes. He's probably a better left back than Moreno at the very least, he's as bad as him and a rotation winger at worst.

As long as we still sign Lemar and van Dijk of course. Don't care what Coutinho does at this stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Chamberlain would be a good option wing back but the main reason being given for turning down Chelsea is that he doesn't want to play in that position. He wouldn't make the team or as an option on the bench for further forward.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭Zak Flaps

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I hope FSG stick to their guns too. He will be worth more next summer post World Cup so I want to see him stay.

I'm not too sure about that. He may not have a great season if he stays. He is inconsistent after all. Barcelona may not want him next summer if they find an alternative replacement in the meantime. I think it would be crazy not to let him go now for so much money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    I think it would be crazy not to let him go now for so much money.

Why? For me anyway, being a fan of the Liverpool is about us doing well on the pitch not how much spare cash we have (as long as we are being managed sensibly and aren't borrowing huge amounts to make signings). Coutinho is one of our best players, so helps us do better on the pitch. What would 100+ million do for us? If your reason for us selling is he may not be as good this season, then it should be equally applicable for whoever we end up replacing him with using the fee we get for him - he may not be as good as Coutinho. We've also struggled to get the players we want this summer. Throw another 100+ million at the problem and it doesn't get us the players we want regardless. We won't be using that extra money on top of what we offered. The money is irrelevant to us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Zak Flaps wrote: »
    I'm not too sure about that. He may not have a great season if he stays. He is inconsistent after all. Barcelona may not want him next summer if they find an alternative replacement in the meantime. I think it would be crazy not to let him go now for so much money.

He has been Liverpools most consistent player last two seasons. 10 man of the match awards in 28 starts last season..more than any player in the league.

Market isn't falling, it's rising and coming off a world cup year every player in that tournament will be valued higher in August 2018 than today.

Barca have been linked with guy for years now https://talksport.com/football/liverpool-transfer-rumours-fans-react-philippe-coutinho-barcelona-news-150922167423

If they wanted an alternative they would have signed him by now, they only want Coutinho for that spot ie replacing Iniesta. It's not a good deal. With the way the market is mid level players will be going for 100 million plus in 3-5 years..same time Liverpool would be receiving 20 million annually in installments for a guy that's potential to be the best playmaker in Europe given his age.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    Bid a packet of monster munch.

monster-munch-2-1484222469-custom-0.png

giphy.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

If Klopp has a role in mind for Ox & he wants to come play for the club. Then let's go sign him and back our manager. The transfer fee in the current market is irrelevant really.

Get the deal done & move onto the next target the one we all want & agree the club need VVD.

Of course they are not worth those prices. You just said yourself that "because its so late in the window" yet I am talking about the start of the window so your theory there is wrong. Then you talk about other transfers causing it which is my point in the first place.

Player transfers and worth are rarely defined by what clubs pay for them.

We got turned away from vvd not because he is worth more than 70 million, but because they don't wanna sell. When he does leave it won't be for much more than hat and it's only because they are forced to accept. The same with coutinho. When we sell it is because we feel we have to and nothing to do with his worth.

So in short you my friend are absolutely terrible at valuing players if you really thing that at the start of the summer at the end of May that coutinho was worth any more than 70 million pounds. That would have been a huge fee back then. Its not now because of other events but again those events happened after the time I am talking about and have no merit in your argument.

Unless you can give a valid reason for why coutinho would have commanded a fee that would have made him the 5th most expensive player ever, back in May, then you have no argument and you are just making sh1t up. But I suppose your the one claiming that you are good at valuing players.

Personally I think your "talk" is full of it but that's just my valuation.........

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm surprised he'd push for a move to us. Surely he wouldn't be first choice, so not much better off than at arsenal. Also, I can't see us paying him as much as Chelsea seemed willing to. Hopefully at least. If Klopp wants him, that's generally good enough for me, but I really don't see him as worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Please not Ox. Please not Ox. Please not Ox.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,293 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Just wait till January sign a pre contract with and pick him up for free in the summer if he really wants to come here that bad.

Excellent signing on a free or for about £25m, really hope we get the Lemar deal done though.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Rega

Vicxas wrote: »
    Please not Ox. Please not Ox. Please not Ox.

If Klopp wants him then I'm behind it. Nobody here could have predicted the levels that Wijnaldum and Mane have hit since they got here. If Klopp can do his magic with AOC then it'll be great business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

More than likely we'll end up with Ox, no Lemar and no VVD.

I don't really believe that Coutinho will be worth less next year. But even if he is, then the rest of the transfer market will be similarly discounted, so the funds will go just as far then.

Okay so I realise we could sell him now and make the money go even further next year (if indeed there is some kind of market bubble - unlikely imo), but does anyone really want to sell him and sit on the money for a year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Of course they are not worth those prices. You just said yourself that "because its so late in the window" yet I am talking about the start of the window so your theory there is wrong. Then you talk about other transfers causing it which is my point in the first place.

Player transfers and worth are rarely defined by what clubs pay for them.

We got turned away from vvd not because he is worth more than 70 million, but because they don't wanna sell. When he does leave it won't be for much more than hat and it's only because they are forced to accept. The same with coutinho. When we sell it is because we feel we have to and nothing to do with his worth.

So in short you my friend are absolutely terrible at valuing players if you really thing that at the start of the summer at the end of May that coutinho was worth any more than 70 million pounds. That would have been a huge fee back then. Its not now because of other events but again those events happened after the time I am talking about and have no merit in your argument.

Unless you can give a valid reason for why coutinho would have commanded a fee that would have made him the 5th most expensive player ever, back in May, then you have no argument and you are just making sh1t up. But I suppose your the one claiming that you are good at valuing players.

Personally I think your "talk" is full of it but that's just my valuation.........

So much nonsense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I can just imagine the reaction in here tomorrow if we announce Oxlade Chamberlain, sell Coutinho and there's no mention of Lemar or Van Dijk.

:eek::eek:

To avoid further disappointment, I'm convincing myself that we won't add to the squad. We'll loan Sakho to WBA tomorrow, with a view to a £20m deal in the summer, and Markovic, Bogdan, Brannagan will end up at a variety of Championship clubs, also all on loan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Whether we sign VVD or Ox in the next two days, it pleases me to see that they are turning down other clubs for us.
    So much for we can’t beat the pull of London.

We’re back in the big time and players want to join us.

Jesus Wept wrote:
    So much nonsense.

Code for you admitting to talking bollox. As I said if you can tell me why he was worth more than 70 million back in May ill take you seriously. But I doubt Lang would agree with you.

I'm not saying a club won't pay the figure. To dumb it down devious, I'm saying if we tried to sell Phil back in May he would have gone for around 50 million.

We don't want to sell him though so three would be a small chance we would reject 200 million. Are on saying he is worth that?

In fact how much do you "value" him at?

Buddy you talk so much rubbish that its impressive your not arguing with yourself.

Your denying what I am saying yet providing no substance to your side.

Back in May when barca where first interested, how much was Philip coutinho worth???? That's the question and now it's clear how much nonsense your bringing to the debate

• Advertisement

rob316 wrote: »
    Just wait till January sign a pre contract with and pick him up for free in the summer if he really wants to come here that bad.

Excellent signing on a free or for about £25m, really hope we get the Lemar deal done though.

Just to be a pedantic pat, he can't sign a pre contract with us in January, that only applies when moving countries. He'd have to wait until July 1 officially. I agree with the sentiment though.

After Sunday do really want the ox? I'd rather keep Kent

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭JB81

At the minute the major issue is defence and i think we need to get VVD in.
    I would close the window myself if we got him and kept coutinho.

I would rather have Countinho to call on this year than Lemar, who could turn out to be a one season wonder ( there have been plenty of them ), may not settle, gods knows,. at least with Coutinho we know what we are getting and the majority of the time it would be good. And I don't think he is the type to lay down tools if the move doesn't go through, similar to Suarez in the last year,. I would have full faith that he would give it his all.

Ox would be a squad filler and not the worst we could have hoped for.

Would think Sakho will go as well, which I am disappointed in, I had high hopes for him. But Klopp is the boss..

If we had that squad for the year I would be happy enough. And then see what happens next year with Coutinho, and where we finish. 2nd place / 3rd place in the league, and there is no reason we cant put in a title challenge, Qtr final in CL and maybe a domestic cup, would be progress. CL football for two years in a row would again be more attractive to big players and you never know who we could get. Work in progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

It's gonna be a fun 2 days!!!!

Sakho, Marko, Kent, Origi and Flanagan all likely to go IMO, I think Ings stays is Origi goes in that case.
    Still hopeful of VVD and Lemar but who knows!

How long would it take Salah to make your salary??

http://www.bbc.com/sport/41037621

He'd make mine in 171 mins, so basically one of the LOTR movies...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Ox probably isn't good enough to command a regular CM role with us, especially next season with Keita arriving.

I'd take him at 30m as an all round utility man, cover for RB, CM, RW. Would be good to have another pacy wide option to cover/compete with Salah and Mane.

Not sure he'd be getting what he wants by coming here though. Realistically his best chance of playing in CM at a top 6 club is by staying at Arsenal

• Advertisement

Dickerty wrote: »

You earn 102,000? Not bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,389 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Oh someone is on the big bucks. About €103k :pac:

Edit: 5Star there before me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

How else did you see this going, Dickerty :pac:

Well done on the €100k/annum salary

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

It's gonna be a fun 2 days!!!!

Sakho, Marko, Kent, Origi and Flanagan all likely to go IMO, I think Ings stays is Origi goes in that case.
    Still hopeful of VVD and Lemar but who knows!

I'd day Klopp does...:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

Hey, Dickerty!

I need about tree fiddy.

Takes him 2 years to earn my annual salary. Give or take a little.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Knex. wrote: »
    How else did you see this going, Dickerty :pac:

The most thinly veiled 'look how much I earn' post ever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Hi Dickerty. Any chance of a loan please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Morzadec wrote: »
    Ox probably isn't good enough to command a regular CM role with us, especially next season with Keita arriving.

I'd take him at 30m as an all round utility man, cover for RB, CM, RW. Would be good to have another pacy wide option to cover/compete with Salah and Mane.

Not sure he'd be getting what he wants by coming here though. Realistically his best chance of playing in CM at a top 6 club is by staying at Arsenal

He has a lot of potential. He has been playing in quite an ill-disciplined, poorly drilled Arsenal team, under a manager who was gone downhill in recent years.

You would hope that Klopp could get a lot more out of him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I'd rather that £40m went to tying down Lemar.

If that can't/doesn't happen I wouldn't waste £40m on the Ox with one year left on his contract £25m max would be it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Mohamed Salah earns £4,700,000 per year. It would take him 111 minutes to earn your weekly salary.

I feel cheap now!

I thought it was in Yen! :)

Don't feel good for me, I am old and have 4 kids and a wife to support. So I am as broke as anyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

I thought it was in Yen! :)

Don't feel good for me, I am old and have 4 kids and a wife to support. So I am as broke as anyone!

G'way outta that ya rich basstid!

Would you not loan FSG a few million to get this Lemar deal over the line?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Compare your wages to neymar..... fecker would make my wage is 8 minutes :(

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement