Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I can confirm that after 12 months of working, both Salah and Neymar will have surpassed my annual salary.

Dickerty wrote: »
    I thought it was in Yen! :)

Don't feel good for me, I am old and have 4 kids and a wife to support. So I am as broke as anyone!

I like to see folk earning a decent wad :)
    Fair play

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

G'way outta that ya rich basstid!

Would you not loan FSG a few million to get this Lemar deal over the line?

If I had a million spare, I'd be pulling an "Indecent Proposal" on John W for his missus...

Augeo wrote: »
    Fair play

And you only have to work hard(ish) for 27 years! :D

(and sleep with the boss occasionally)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

If I had a million spare, I'd be pulling an "Indecent Proposal" on John W for his missus...

You realise the whole Indecent Proposal thing only works if you have a lot more money than the other guy? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Augeo wrote: »
    Fair play

Same. Won't begrudge any person the success they can attain. May just ask them questions as to how I can follow suit, though :pac:

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

I would not be that fussed on signing Oxlade-Chamberlain. If he's cheap enough I would take him, but not at the expense of the other rumoured targets. If we come out of this next 3 days having signed only Oxlade Chamberlain I'll be a bit disappointed, it's like going to the Ferrari showroom and coming out with a Prius.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,564 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

5starpool wrote: »
    You earn 102,000? Not bad.

Tax the bastid more so I can go back to college (again). Think I'll do something really useful like 17th century English poetry or sociology of sport.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

With reports of City willing to let Sterling go to Arsenal in exchange for Sanchez at a value that would rate Raheem at about 30 Million , would any of ye take him back .

I would far prefer Raheem back than sign Ox.
    I think working with Jurgen would move Raheem to the next level

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

40 million plus 1 pound for Ox please

Pearce says Ox is an alternative to Lemar

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Not a fan of Ox at all.....

With reports of City willing to let Sterling go to Arsenal in exchange for Sanchez at a value that would rate Raheem at about 30 Million , would any of ye take him back .

I think he's a better player than Ox and would be a good backup to Salah and Mane.

I would rather spend 30m on Sterling than 80m on Lemar or 40m on Ox.

Would not happen though. City would never sell at that price imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

It's gonna be a fun 2 days!!!!

Sakho, Marko, Kent, Origi and Flanagan all likely to go IMO, I think Ings stays is Origi goes in that case.
    Still hopeful of VVD and Lemar but who knows!

Fun three days with the Spanish window not closing until midnight Friday nighy

An alternative........... sort of a lesser plan A type thing :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,694 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Well then no, I'd rather mahrez for the same money but preferably neither and get lemar on a similar deal to naby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I have had enough of Sterling dragging a simple shot wide of the goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Only if he changes agent !!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Sterling wouldn't come back and he's probably not a realistic target, but holy sh*t he would suit Klopp's system down to the ground.

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

No.

Sterling made his bed, he can fcuk off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Take ox next year for free ffs,hardly needed now for 35 mill

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Is what he did any different to what Salah did a few years ago? - Turned us down for more money.

I'd take him back. He's been a bit of a flop at Citeh. I don't think he's fulfilled his potential, and I don't think he'd be in our best 11 but he'd be a serious addition to the squad.

I don't think he's worth 30 million though, even in today's market.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Exactly. It sounds like he's bent on coming to Liverpool, turning down Chelsea even. Just pick him up on a free next summer.

If we don't sign Lemar, we need him imo.

Would be excellent backup for Wijnaldum in midfield, and Salah/Mane on the wing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I think ox would be similar to llalana in a klopp team as in he would fulfil that role in certain games. Arsenal don't play the way we do so its hard to judge it but I think he would turn out to be a useful signing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Lets be honest, lallana was dog **** until br left and klopp came. Was one of our most important players last year and cost 25 million 3 years ago so 35m isnt exactly ludicrous for ox. Steeling didnt look like a 50m pound player whwm we got hammered by stoke in 2015. Ox would inprove immensely under klopp id imagine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Ye but Lan
    Lets be honest, lallana was dog **** until br left and klopp came. Was one of our most important players last year and cost 25 million 3 years ago so 35m isnt exactly ludicrous for ox. Steeling didnt look like a 50m pound player whwm we got hammered by stoke in 2015. Ox would inprove immensely under klopp id imagine
    But Lallanan was brilliant for the Saints , OX is the next Welbck and Wlacott he will never be the player people think he can be,
    If Aguero is for sale which he may be if City get Sanchez id forget about Lemar and go all out for him he is world class,

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭NyOmnishambles

I am hoping the Oxdale interest is to spur Monaco on to accept a bid for Lemar

If Ox is available on a free next summer and interested in joining then waiting for that would be a better choice

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Ye but Lan

But Lallanan was brilliant for the Saints , OX is the next Welbck and Wlacott he will never be the player people think he can be,
    If Aguero is for sale which he may be if City get Sanchez id forget about Lemar and go all out for him he is world class,

Chamberlain was brilliant at saints too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Please stop right there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Oxlade Chamberlain has only just turned 24 and quite frankly is a much better player than the likes of Danny Drinkwater who is rumoured to be going to Chelsea for a sum that's only a little less than what Ox is being valued at. I think he would be a good addition to our squad, he's proven in the Premier League, he has pace and physicality that would suit Klopp's system, and I think he might actually be open to some improvement (hard for a player of his ilk to succeed in a very lethargic Arsenal team).

Definitely think Sterling is underrated, but I can see why people wouldn't want him back. I'd happily have him, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Would also like Sterling about ten times more than Ox who I can't fathom as a top four player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Need to throw Flanagan in as a freebie in any deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'd have Sterling back on the condition he finds a new agent that isn't a mouth-breathing cretin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Maybe Dickerty can buy us a player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

J Mysterio wrote: »
    Maybe Dickerty can buy us a player.

I like Depay and Burki, go Dickerty, you gotta buy them up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,365 ✭✭✭Crash Bang Wall

martyos121 wrote: »
    I'd have Sterling back on the condition he finds a new agent that isn't a mouth-breathing cretin.

The fact that Ox is represented by Ward as well (allegedly).....is it possible that we are messing them both around because of the Sterling saga? Money talks and all, but the "high fliers" have egos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,979 ✭✭✭doc_17

Mr.H wrote: »
    Most people would have said that when we were offered 70 million..................

I was referring to this transfer window. Barca are desperate given the pressure board are under, people will soon cop on with fees and his contract puts Liverpool on a strong position.

hopefully Ox stays at Arsenal and we sign a better alternative

Knex. wrote: »
    Definitely think Sterling is underrated, but I can see why people wouldn't want him back. I'd happily have him, though.

if your misses went out and done the dirt, lived with another geezer for 2 years, then when he got a giddy eye for a younger bird dumped her, would you take her back. :D

Edit: Or Mr...

Had to had that in case.

not yet wrote: »
    if your misses went out and done the dirt, lived with another geezer for 2 years, then when he got a giddy eye for a younger bird dumped her, would you take her back. :D

In your analogy, taking Sterling back in our current situation would be akin to taking your missus back as a side piece.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

not yet wrote: »

If she's willing to take it up the wrong 'un on a regular basis then g'wan sure....

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    I like Depay and Burki, go Dickerty, you gotta buy them up.

I can probably stretch to Alan O'Brien, formerly of Newcastle, Hibs and Swindon.

Available on a free!

In your analogy, taking Sterling back in our current situation would be akin to taking your missus back as a side piece.

Hmmmm..

Never looked at it that way, could be a win-win if your current Misses didn't find out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

I'd have Sterling back, but the chances of him wanting to come back and Klopp taking him are both like 0.0001%.

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/902848878919241729

The lads have flown over to the french baguettes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/902848878919241729

The lads have flown over to the baguettes.

€100 million......Ah now Ted.....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement