Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

ricero wrote: »
    Lemar is a natural winger. Be great to have him in the squad to rotate with salah and mane
    You obviously haven't been watching much of him.

He is more of a LCM than a winger.

He would be bought to be played in a 3 in midfield not as one of the front 3 like Salah or Mane.

If we do sign Lemar I'd imagine he'll predominantly play as the creative attacking midfielder in our midfield 3, maybe playing on the wing occasionally when Mane or Salah need a rest.
    MD1990 wrote: »
    You obviously haven't been watching much of him.

He is more of a LCM than a winger.

He would be bought to be played in a 3 in midfield not as one of the front 3 like Salah or Mane.

As close as a Coutinho replacement as we've been linked with or shown interest in IMO

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Augeo wrote: »
    As close as a Coutinho replacement as we've been linked with or shown interest in IMO

Better than any replacement I could have imagined too. I figured we'd go for Lanzini or Ziyech and hoped for Draxler at best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Knex. wrote: »
    They all did? Pearce, Joyce, Reddy & Bascombe.

edit: Joyce didn't. My bad.

And just about the only Liverpool related journo I would trust 100% is Joyce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

If we somehow signed Lemar,Ox & VVD.

I think we would then sell Coutinho to Barca this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Think it'll be Ox and Coutinho staying in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

The one thing I am very happy about is the three players Klopp wanted Salah, Keita & VVD all wanted to join us over other teams.

Two have signed and the other is training by himself trying to force his move and it seems Lemar & The Ox also want to join us over other teams.

Two seasons ago we were relying on Gerrard to text players and beg them to join us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

ok by me

The one thing I am very happy about..............

Most of us are very happy with the good PL start and CL proper qualification without being just happy about who Gerard texted etc years back.

• Advertisement

Does everything have to be an argument?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭JimboJones99

Potentially signing Chamberlain spells bad news for Milner. Always got the impression that Klopp isnt too keen on him in midfield. I could see him moving on at the end of this season.

Also despite how Coutinho has behaved, I think we are still better with him than without him. No matter who else we sign I would hold onto him; a) to not back down on what they said about not selling & b) I think we will still need him to find a way to beat teams when pace and counter attack is not working.

Do people have to be petty and snide over and over and over again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

Don't you start on me, love!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

Think it'll be Ox and Coutinho staying in the end.

This looks like the most likely scenario at the moment. Lemar and Van Dijk moves look to be on the brakes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,979 ✭✭✭doc_17

Oxlade-Chamberlain? He's average.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,661 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

And just about the only Liverpool related journo I would trust 100% is Joyce.

What's his full name , to look him up ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Colemania wrote: »
    This looks like the most likely scenario at the moment. Lemar and Van Dijk moves look to be on the brakes

Salah
    Robertson
    Solanke
    Ox

I'd consider that a pretty subpar transfer window. Obviously having Keita lined up for next year is great, but it doesn't help us this year.

Only one player in the above list improves the first 11 and none of them properly address the issues in defence (assuming Robertson has been signed as backup).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Tusky wrote: »
    .......... (assuming Robertson has been signed as backup).

I'm hoping he'll start ahead of Moreno shortly.

Colemania wrote: »

Not really sure what suggests they're on the brakes. VvD sure, Southampton have been uncooperative and it doesn't seem likely he'll sign, but 3 bids in under 24 hours for Lemar, with Monaco yet to respond to the third one doesn't really say the deal is off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

cjmc wrote: »
    What's his full name , to look him up ?

Paul Joyce

https://mobile.twitter.com/_pauljoyce?lang=en

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

A quick word on the Ox...

First of all, I think £35m is steep.
    Secondly, he has never actually achieved anything in the game to warrant what he seems to be demanding at Arsenal.
    Thirdly, he's never had a run of games in central midfield for us to really be sure that he would be a prized asset there.
    Fourthly, I'm pretty sure I've criticised him heavily before.

BUT...with my red tinted glasses on for just a second...

He is still young.
    He currently plays in a team that couldn't play less to his strengths. Arsenal play nice, pretty, incisive, technical football. Ox is a proper athlete, built for quick bursts and penetrating runs, ideal, you would think, for a fast, direct counter-attacking style of play.
    He wants to play for Liverpool, by all accounts; he's willing to move away from London, and stay away from the Champions to do so. His motivation might purely be that he can see himself getting more gametime with us, or he sees a central midfield place in our setup that he could make his own that he doesn't think he'd be able to with Chelsea. Who knows? But he wants to play.

If he signs, I won't be despondent. I actually think Klopp could do a job with him.

#positivitytrain

beIN Sports reporting a deal done for Ox he will have a medical this evening.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Alex Oxlade Chamberlain, potentially walking onto a pitch alongside Trent Alexander Arnold.

Any other bizarre names we can add?

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭JimboJones99

Alex Oxlade Chamberlain, potentially walking onto a pitch alongside Trent Alexander Arnold.

Eric Djemba-Djemba

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

So good they named him twice :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

So it's Ox and Coutinho instead of Lemar and VVD?

Not the end of the world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Seems to be a load of them in the EPL recently, we should have been in for loan deals for Timothy Fosu Mensah and Ruben Loftus Cheek, and if Southampton knock us back on VvD we can put in a sneaky bid for James Ward-Prowse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭gafferino

Grayditch wrote: »
    So it's Ox and Coutinho instead of Lemar and VVD?

Not the end of the world.

Coutinho is unproven at CB though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Augeo wrote: »
    Do people have to be petty and snide over and over and over again.

...said the kettle to the pot!! :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Wait til Elijah Dixon-Bonner breaks through -

Trent Alexander Arnold___Alex Oxlade Chamberlain___Elijah Dixon-Bonner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I'm thinking that Ox feels that he isn't getting the coaching he wants at Arsenal and feels that Klopp might make him a better player and that is admirable. He improves the squad, if Liverpool hold onto Coutinho, sign Ox, Lemar and VVD they will have a excellent squad.

Southampton have taken the same stance as us with Coutinho and they won't sell VVD and I don't blame them one bit to be honest.

We will probably go back for VVD in January or next summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Wait til Elijah Dixon-Bonner breaks through -

Trent Alexander Arnold___Alex Oxlade Chamberlain___Elijah Dixon-Bonner

TAA - AOC - EDB

That's a travel itinerary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,670 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

brevity wrote: »
    I'm thinking that Ox feels that he isn't getting the coaching he wants at Arsenal and feels that Klopp might make him a better player and that is admirable. He improves the squad, if Liverpool hold onto Coutinho, sign Ox, Lemar and VVD they will have a excellent squad.

That's about a 250m spend though - flirting with FFP, I would think (but am open to correction, as I don't know hwo the thing works or whether or not last season's profit is taken into account)

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

600.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Southampton have taken the same stance as us with Coutinho and they won't sell VVD and I don't blame them one bit to be honest.

I'd be surprised if he wasn't a Liverpool player on Friday. I think we will pay stupid money and the deal will be done.

Still training on his own, doesn't seem like they have any intention of integrating him back into their team. How much of his new manager's tactical work has he missed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

600.jpg

Shoulda bought Brady for LB!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭Rekop dog

That pass from Brady at the weekend was a thing of beauty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Have a feeling that this is the problem, Southampton dont want to feel rolled over, which is exactly how we felt with Barca and the Coutinho situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

According to Paul Joyce, Wolfsburg are interested in a loan for Origi...

I'd be surprised if he wasn't a Liverpool player on Friday. I think we will pay stupid money and the deal will be done.

Still training on his own, doesn't seem like they have any intention of integrating him back into their team. How much of his new manager's tactical work has he missed.

All they have to do is hold out till Friday and then he will reintegrate himself into their squad because I presume they won't pay him if he refuses to train and play and he obviously wants to be paid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Rekop dog wrote: »
    That pass from Brady at the weekend was a thing of beauty.

Took a handball deflection almost as soon as it left his foot, was surprised that no-one picked up on it on TV.

jasonb wrote: »

I'd prefer him to stay we all know Sturridge is one strong stroll from an elusive niggardly malady that takes 6-8 weeks to overcome.

L'Equipe are saying we are "very likely" to sign Lemar before deadline tomorrow. They've been fairly spot on with the big French transfers this summer, so that's positive.

Saw the tweet about this but there's no article to be found unfortunately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Saw the tweet about this but there's no article to be found unfortunately.

Just seeing that. I'll remove my original post. Some bastards out there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

jasonb wrote: »
    good move for both parties.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

A bit on Duncan Jenkins, the original ITK.

https://thesetpieces.com/features/duncan-jenkins-original-itk/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Melissa Reddy says £35m agreed for Ox...

Mental money but who knows what money means in the Premier League anymore.

Ox is fast, strong, and will run all day. He's got all the physical attributes to be a Klopp player and at only 23 he's got time to develop. I'm fairly indifferent on this signing, far more focused on Lemar and VvD, but the fact is we've strengthened ourselves and weakened a rival with this. We needed midfield depth and this is exactly that.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement