Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I really hope they put an extra £1 on just for sh1ts and giggles.

Also does he count as another one of our Southampton players?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Yesterday some were saying it was Oxcham or Lemar, today it seems some say otherwise but it's hard to imagine buying both if keeping Coutinho.

(and yes it means another player from the Soton gene pool)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

I'd prefer him to stay we all know Sturridge is one strong stroll from an elusive niggardly malady that takes 6-8 weeks to overcome.
    I don't think that means what you think it means.
    Best Regards,
    The Dictionary Corner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,952 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Yesterday some were saying it was Oxcham or Lemar, today it seems some say otherwise but it's hard to imagine buying both if keeping Coutinho.

Joyce says we're now directing attention towards Lemar and VvD and I think it was Bascombe(might not have been though) that said it's changed from Ox or Lemar to Ox and Lemar. I still think Coutinho is staying this year, based on all the reports, but it makes perfect sense for him to be sold if we sign Lemar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

jasonb wrote: »
    Melissa Reddy says £35m agreed for Ox...

i think he will be a good buy for the club. Still only young and potential still there.

think he will be a good squad player but could prove us wrong and kick on under Klopp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Knex. wrote: »
    Alex Oxlade Chamberlain, potentially walking onto a pitch alongside Trent Alexander Arnold.

Any other bizarre names we can add?
    We could sell Kyle Walker and replace him with Kyle Walker(-peters)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I'm really on the fence about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Good cover, maybe Klopp can help him push on........not a big fan of him but obviously Klopp sees something he can work with...

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

NukaCola wrote:
    Good cover, maybe Klopp can help him push on........not a big fan of him but obviously Klopp sees something he can work with...

At 35 million I'd bloody hope he would. God it's a ridiculous amount for someone who couldn't even get games in centre midfield ahead of the likes of Xhaka & Coquelin.

That's what close to £90m in two days.

On top of close to £65m already spent.

Maybe another £150m of Lemar & VVD can get done before tomorrow night.

Here I was thinking from the repeated posts on here that FSG were cheapskates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

James Pearce now saying the same, £35m, medical tonight...

If we don't get Lemar and Coutinho isn't at his best in training/games etc we could well be glad that we signed Ox.............

Still in for Lemar apparentely........surely Coutinho leaves if thats the case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I imagine he's only ever going to be cover, which is fine for me. He can cover Wijnaldum/Can/Lallana/Coutinho in the middle, or Mane/Salah in the attack.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

I don't see the point of it for him.

Be a bit part player for Arsenal or Liverpool...

Maybe Klopp will turn him around but regardless I can't see him usurping any of our current attackers or midfielders.

He'd only even make the bench at the moment because of injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

If we land Lemar as well as OX i'll be content.

The CB problem should have been addressed however.

We are building a squad and team for the next 5/6/7 seasons not just this one.

I imagine he's only ever going to be cover, which is fine for me. He can cover Wijnaldum/Can/Lallana/Coutinho in the middle, or Mane/Salah in the attack.

I suppose the two bolded chaps are most unlikely to be here this time next year.

ERG89 wrote: »
    At 35 million I'd bloody hope he would. God it's a ridiculous amount for someone who couldn't even get games in centre midfield ahead of the likes of Xhaka & Coquelin.

Similar fee to Salah, but 15M less than Sigurdsson.......its hard to see where the value is tbh......not sure where he fits either but I thought similar with Gini....I dont know really, like you I guess I hope Klopp can get a lot out of him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

And now Paul Joyce saying the same as well, so that looks like a done deal.

Melissa Reddy saying talks are still ongoing with Lemar too.

Sorry, haven't figured out how to post tweets on here while on my phone...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We've signed a goal every 1.5 season player for 35m . His stats are comical .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭shaunr68

Knex. wrote: »
    Alex Oxlade Chamberlain, potentially walking onto a pitch alongside Trent Alexander Arnold.

Any other bizarre names we can add?

Well they could rekindle the interest in Pierre-Emerick Aubachittychittybangbang who I think would make a deadly strike partnership alongside former UN Secretary General Boutros Boutros-Ghali.

At £35m he can't do worse than Big Andy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Never been a big fan of Ox but I can see why Klopp does like him, he's young, can run all day and can play in a couple of positions. I can see his game improving under Klopp. He suits our style of relentless pressing anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

so that's Lemar gone then I take it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I dunno how he even makes the bench. He'd be better off at Southampton.

shamrock55 wrote: »
    so that's Lemar gone then I take it?

All reliable reports say we're still in for Lemar, negotiations ongoing since our 70m bid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Ox has been pretty rubbish for us , I'd blame some of that on Wenger though ...I think you will be looking back on this in a couple of years as a bargain , He's not like Walcott who'll never kick on regardless of coach a decent coach Klopp or Conte will work wonders with OX i think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

NukaCola wrote: »
    Similar fee to Salah, but 15M less than Sigurdsson.......its hard to see where the value is tbh......not sure where he fits either but I thought similar with Gini....I dont know really, like you I guess I hope Klopp can get a lot out of him.

We robbed them for Salah

I doubt we sent a team to Monaco in case the deal for Ox fell though.

• Advertisement

naughtb4 wrote: »
    We robbed them for Salah

Absolutely but it shows that there is value out there.....

Never been a big fan of Ox but I can see why Klopp does like him, he's young, can run all day and can play in a couple of positions. I can see his game improving under Klopp. He suits our style of relentless pressing anyway.

Yeah he's raw but he's got the physicality. Honestly I can't really blame him for not progressing all that much considering he was training under Wenger, how often has Wenger actually developed a young talent into a great player in the past few years?

Also he told Chelsea to fcuk off so he could join us, that's enough to love him already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,390 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

ERG89 wrote: »

It's like Ricero was involved in the negotiations. We want £25m, no you'll take £35m.

In all seriousness though if he was signed for £25m or less we wouldn't be complaining. I expect him to come in and provide cover as a WB, CM and WF. He won't be spectacular but he'll be solid.

• Registered Users Posts: 820 ✭✭✭kop77

Goal Suarez.....get in!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

I'd gladly sell Coutinho and buy Lemar at this stage. Coutinho is on borrowed time at Liverpool whereas Lemar could be a long term key player for us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Ben Smith‏Verified account @BSmith 5s6 seconds ago
    More
    Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has the potential to a big signing for #LFC. Deal is 6 years. £35m up front. Thomas Lemar chase ongoing.

Don't really understand the signing myself.

6 year deal.....wow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

naughtb4 wrote: »
    We robbed them for Salah

It was fair price in June, it was cheap in July and a cosh over the head in August.

Tusky wrote: »
    Ben Smith‏Verified account @BSmith 5s6 seconds ago
    More
    Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has the potential to a big signing for #LFC. Deal is 6 years. £35m up front. Thomas Lemar chase ongoing.

Don't really understand the signing myself.

We want to build a squad of first team players that can compete in 4 competitions year in year out and not rely on kids if we have injuries.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Never seen such an underwhelmed forum since we signed Ballotelli.....

And then Benteke.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

We surely won't be giving him the 180k he could've got elsewhere.

If he's taking a hit to the pocketbook, even at that level where it kinda doesn't make a difference, it says good things about his attitude at any rate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Well i trust Klopp on this one. Almost all of his signings have been great for us. Slotted straight in and ended up being a bargin price months down the line. His signings have increased their value under Klopp so im trusting him on this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

And still in for Lemar wow! I like the ox if any man can get the most out of him it's Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,392 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Could Oz replace Henderson? Maybe henderson has an ongoing injury problem that wont last a full season?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

We want to build a squad of first team players that can compete in 4 competitions year in year out and not rely on kids if we have injuries.

Exactly. Worth comparing the guys United and City (Martial, Sterling etc) can leave on the bench compared to us.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

jasonb wrote: »
    And now Paul Joyce saying the same as well, so that looks like a done deal.

Melissa Reddy saying talks are still ongoing with Lemar too.

Sorry, haven't figured out how to post tweets on here while on my phone...
    Top right of the tweet is a dropdown menu, select copy link to tweet, press your finger in the reply box on your phone screen and select copy from clipboard.

The address to the tweet should be on the screen.

NukaCola wrote: »
    6 year deal.....wow

Joe Cole!

This lad also turned down the champions of England to join us and turned down crazy wages to stay at Arsenal to join us.

These guys want to play for Liverpool and be coached by Klopp.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'm generally just happy to trust Klopp again on this. He hasn't done too much wrong in terms of transfers yet. I'm underwhelmed, but as long as he doesn't push Can or Wijnaldum down the preferred starter list I'm OK with it. Hopefully in 12 months time or so, someone will go on a quoting spree to show how wrong loads of us were.

I still don't understand the price though, but not my money, etc.

More business to come before the window closes hopefully.

• Advertisement

Also I swear he was being praised as the best player at the tail end of Arsenal's season last year, only for him to be useless after a couple games at wingback this season.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement