Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

We all dream of a team nearly made up of Alex Oxlade Chamberlains

Milner
    ----Matip-VVK-Lovren
    -AOC
    AOC
    AOC
    AOC
    ---AOC--Firmino--AOC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I think everyone is banking on Klopp getting a tune out of AOC and he very well might. Would not surprise me at all. I have more faith in Klopp than I do in the player to be honest.

On paper 40M for a lad with 1 year left on his contract looks a bit rich though. Even in this market.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Did anyone see Klopp quickly turning a hot-and-cold wing forward from newcastle into our best all round centre-midfielder?

As someone else mentioned, I suspect this is the role Ox will be adding depth to, as well as being backup in the wide forward spots, and at full back.

For outfield players at least, Klopp's judgement has been pretty spot on so far, so I trust him to have seen the attributes he needs in Ox. (As clearly did Conte)

If lallana or coutinho were available wij' would be on the bench IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

Cartman78 wrote: »
    I haven't been this underwhelmed with a signing since Mané and Wijnaldum

Lets hope he goes there way they have gone in there Liverpool career then

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Augeo wrote: »
    If lallana or coutinho were available wij' would be on the bench IMO

They do the same thing as each other though - Wij is our most important midfielder now. He's the one who turns defence into attack, he's always the one that gets the ball facing our own goal right around the halfway line, finds space with a touch or two, and releases it forward. Perfectly ties in with one of Couts and Lallana, who are 10 to 20 yards further forward, in a position to take the ball on the half turn and quickly feed the front 3.

We haven't had what Wij offers since Alonso.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Lets hope he goes there way they have gone in there Liverpool career then

Ouch, my f**kin' head reading that!

Umaro wrote: »

98M thats a big leap we offered before no

Umaro wrote: »

His source is this, which is a bit more reliable. Beeb reporter; https://twitter.com/DeclanCarey/status/902965278014918656
    Monaco thought to have accepted a €98M bid from #LFC for Lemar. Further news tonight. #DeadlineDay

fyfe79 wrote: »
    Ouch, my f**kin' head reading that!

Ya finished writing that and then clicked submit reread it and went WTF but went they will understand it. Maybe I should have changed it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

https://twitter.com/asxlfc/status/902963752508817408

That's like a scooby doo chase scene...keep expecting Salah to come running out of the tunnel followed by the Arsenal players 10 seconds later.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Liverpool staff on Thomas Lemar standby but Reds face race against time
    Medical team ready to fly to Paris but no deal with Monaco

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/liverpool-staff-thomas-lemar-standby-13551952

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

98M thats a big leap we offered before no

It is but it's also around what Monaco said they'd sell for. No idea who they guy is but it's good news so I'll choose to believe it.

Ya finished writing that and then clicked submit reread it and went WTF but went they will understand it. Maybe I should have changed it

Ha ha, you're alright man, I got there in the end! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

I know the club deny it but really can't see us signing AOC and Lemar unless Coutinho is off.

Meanwhile very quiet on the VVD front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

His source is this, which is a bit more reliable. Beeb reporter; https://twitter.com/DeclanCarey/status/902965278014918656

Is he really a BBC reporter though? Or just some lad putting it in his profile.
    He's just some lad by looking at it.

They do the same thing as each other though - Wij is our most important midfielder now. He's the one who turns defence into attack, he's always the one that gets the ball facing our own goal right around the halfway line, finds space with a touch or two, and releases it forward. Perfectly ties in with one of Couts and Lallana, who are 10 to 20 yards further forward, in a position to take the ball on the half turn and quickly feed the front 3.

We haven't had what Wij offers since Alonso.

Yeah.... once coutinho or lallana are available I reckon it'll be wij on the bench and not can or Henderson. Opinion of course.

I know the club deny it but really can't see us signing AOC and Lemar unless Coutinho is off.

Agreed. I can't see Couts staying. Like someone here said earlier, if he is sold, Klopp will come out and say he wanted him gone for that money and the fact he downed tools. I won't blame the owners at all if Coutinho leaves tomorrow (assuming Lemar is a done deal).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Conte wants him.
    Klopp wants him.

That just has to mean something.

He's all the attributes. He's just never fúcking done enough with them.

• Advertisement

Fromvert wrote: »
    Is he really a BBC reporter though? Or just some lad putting it in his profile.
    He's just some lad by looking at it.

Good point! Did a quick search for his name on the BBC sports site, and there's not a sausage. Fuckin' people.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I seen the following mentioned for wages for ox

Lfc: 120k
    Afc: 180k
    Cfc: 220k

Take with a pinch of salt but if true shows you how much he wants to play for the club

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

SlickRic wrote: »
    Conte wants him.
    Klopp wants him.

That just has to mean something.

He's all the attributes. He's just never fúcking done enough with them.

Conte also wants Drinkwater and Llorente.

Who knows the hearts of men.

Also, remember that France have a big game tomorrow. If Lemar is to happen, I suspect the deal needs to be done tonight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I could be wrong, but I think Liverpool are waiting on Southampton to indicate that they're willing to do business. They must be fairly confident that they won't leave £75m on the table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Augeo wrote: »
    Yeah.... once coutinho or lallana are available I reckon it'll be wij on the bench and not can or Henderson. Opinion of course.

Henderson would need to tidy up his passing if he going to remain a guaranteed starter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

given how this fell through earlier in the summer, this doesn't upset me

Gbear wrote: »
    Conte also wants Drinkwater and Llorente.

Who knows the hearts of men.

Llorente is target man cover.
    Drinkwater, I've no doubt, CM cover.

Ox may be seen as cover for Chelsea, but at 180k a week I doubt it.

Ox has the attributes IMO, even if he hasn't quite shown them yet. That's all I'm saying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

The squad is starting to fill out really nicely.

This has been a funny window. I went into it with massive expectations only to be completely despondent shortly after... Questioning if Liverpool were blowing it at a pivotal moment for the clubs development (finally with CL, Money and a famous manager).

Suddenly, It's all turned around again and we are signing players left, right and centre, while playing brilliant football, thumping the likes of Hoffenheim and Arsenal in consecutive games.

The Coutinho episode left a sour taste in the mouth for a few days but it's almost old hat, no news now. It's amusing to think of Barca's desperation and it's nice to tell them where to go , particularly after the Suarez ordeal and just their general arrogance in their dealings with the mighty Pool. Coutinho's importance is also diminished from this episode and what could have been a disaster, cannot stop Liverpools unassailable momentum.

I am beyond excited at the Keita signing, even if it is not till next year, I can't believe we got it over the line.

Only two things I would be concerned about would be:

1. We need a top CB. Klopp seems determined to get VVD. We will see.

2. Klopp seems determined to install Karius as GK. Unsure about him.

Anyway, must keep the faith and quell the moaning, things are going swimmingly. All hail Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Good point! Did a quick search for his name on the BBC sports site, and there's not a sausage. Fuckin' people.

I don't know how they have the time and then they just retweet each other to try drive up followers. Looking at his profile his mate has himself down as being with ESPN, both over 1000 followers from retweeting nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Ox, Lemar & Salah all in for close to what we get for Coutinho I'd be very ok with that.

• Advertisement

I don't know how they have the time and then they just retweet each other to try drive up followers. Looking at his profile his mate has himself down as being with ESPN, both over 1000 followers from retweeting nothing

Is his mate the d!ckhead with the fake espn background who claimed to have broken some news yesterday?

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I seen the following mentioned for wages for ox

Lfc: 120k
    Afc: 180k
    Cfc: 220k

Take with a pinch of salt but if true shows you how much he wants to play for the club

That's a diff of 5 mil a year or 30 over the six years he signed for. Feck I'm not sure anyone would give that up but maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Vex Willems

His connection to football is that he is Cork City's webmaster!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

I'd say his wages are heavily Incentivised.

He really wants to join Liverpool so more power to him I say.

I know... like, it looks like the intention is to 'fake it till you make it' and get a sports reporting gig on the back of their social media following. But if that were the case, you'd think they'd at least have a blog or something where they actually do some journalism or opinion pieces or something they can point towards...

Looks like we're getting a Pogba level player for a lot cheaper in Ox.

https://streamable.com/8t0k

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

News that talks are still ongoing between Liverpool and Monaco, good news is that they didn't just say no at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Looks like we're getting a Pogba level player for a lot cheaper in Ox.

https://streamable.com/8t0k

I wouldn't mention the p word, you will only draw em on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Monaco are absolute biding their time. Makes sense. I'd imagine Couthino is gone.

brevity wrote: »
    I'd say his wages are heavily Incentivised.

He really wants to join Liverpool so more power to him I say.

O ya I agree, fair ****s to him if he is giving up that dosh to play more football in his preferred position

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

J Mysterio wrote: »

Suddenly, It's all turned around again and we are signing players left, right and centre,

Don't get carried away. We have only signed two players of late - one is for next season and one is a squad player.

This post should be saved for after Lemar and VVD are confirmed!

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    Hope so. Starved. What about yourself?

Chicken curry two hours ago, so not too bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

They are charging over 13 quid a pint in London these days. Ox factored that in im sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

News that talks are still ongoing between Liverpool and Monaco, good news is that they didn't just say no at least.

I can imagine the smile on their face when we paid 35m for a player out of contract next summer. If we pull the trigger Coutinho is gone on Friday.
    I don't see Van Dijk happening at all tho. I think it's a thing the media have expected us to do all summer but I just think it's not on the cards.
    Still though I'd like to see us attempt to offer Can another contract.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,029 ✭✭✭✭GBX

https://twitter.com/Sporf/status/902981937714921473

For those watching in black and white:

Oxlade-Chamberlain proving that once you've played for Southampton you will still end up at Liverpool somehow.

There is no escape.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

GBX wrote: »

Oxlade-Chamberlain proving that once you've played for Southampton you will still end up at Liverpool somehow.

There is no escape.

Does that mean we're going for Bale next summer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

some top midfielders will obviously have a big impact on our defence too, so just maybe we may still challenge, i am not saying ox is (yet)but i think Lemar is, experience may be an issue though for this season. I really hope we get vvd, what a transfer window that would be. Squad will be nice and chunky with quality in depth. So close to great things!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

GBX wrote: »

There is no escape.

Jaysus can you lot take Walcott off us as well then please ;)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Chicken curry two hours ago, so not too bad.

It must be the day for chicken curry cos I'm stuffed after mine too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Oxlade-Chamberlain's #LFC medical is underway at St George's Park

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/902983788661178368

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement