Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Breaking from Melwood....

Conor McGregor is undergoing a medical in Liverpool with a fee of 110million upfront, Klopp wants to pair him with Lovern at CB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

This wondow is going to have a stong in the teal .
    Coutinho leaving..... to pay for all these players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Chelsea looking to get drinkwater and llorente if that was us there would be a melt down on here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

I think that if Monaco are talking to us then they are at least willing to sell him for the right price, Ox on the other hand looks mighty expensive but i said the same when we signed Gini and Mane last year. I'll trust Klopp.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,929 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

I get the feeling if we signed Messi there would still be some who wouldn't be happy.

• Advertisement

Someone off arsenals bench & Messi..... mmmmmmm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I get the feeling if we signed Messi there would still be some who wouldn't be happy.

Too old, his good days are behind him.
    Take him on a free, maybe.
    He's a prisoner of Barca's, they own him.
    He has no escape.

Rumors Southampton will get £10m for the Ox deal.

I wonder did we pay so much to give Southampton a sweetener for VVD ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Rumors Southampton will get £10m for the Ox deal.

I wonder did we pay so much to give Southampton a sweetener for VVD ;)

824839302.0.jpg

Wheels within wheels.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

Probably mentiooned earlier but the most games he's ever started in a PL season is 17.

doc_17 wrote: »
    Probably mentiooned earlier but the most games he's ever started in a PL season is 17.

I'd imagine that's all he'll get with us anyway. He'll certainly be rotated a lot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

jonnycivic wrote: »
    It must be the day for chicken curry cos I'm stuffed after mine too

Same here... Thai Chicken Panang Curry for lunch.

It must mean something... Steph Curry a shock CB purchase?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,202 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

Lots of twitter crap that Lamar is undergoing medical tonight so he can concentrate on match tomorrow while both clubs continue to negotiate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,041 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

paulie21 wrote: »
    Lots of twitter crap that Lamar is undergoing medical tonight so he can concentrate on match tomorrow while both clubs continue to negotiate

Makes a certain amount of sense if Monaco are actually open to selling.

Enjoyed a Lamb Masaman curry myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

this time tomorrow we all could be dancing on the ceiling if lemar and van dijk are signed.

but if they are not....:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭SuperTortoise

paulie21 wrote: »

Monaco would'nt let that happen me thinks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

So ladies...just in from a 15 hour shift and dont fancy reading back 15 pages...whats happening today in the world of Liverpool, buses and private jets...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

ricero wrote: »
    this time tomorrow we all could be dancing on the ceiling if lemar and van dijk are signed.

but if they are not....:eek:

Henny penny?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

I wouldnt say that exactly. But lets stay rational. We badly need at least 2 defenders and a keeper (for me anyway). We havent invested near enough in defence yet we sign OX for that amount? 6 months before we dont even need permission to talk to him?

Now, for what it's worth, i think OX will be a player utilised mostly in the resting of others, Mane, Salah etc. It's his versatility that is possibly worth going over the top for considering the season we hope we get.

If the window shut right now this second, would people be impressed? It would be a poor window for me and a case could be made that we have a gents agreement with Barca for a rough specified number and would possibly let him go this window if, and only if, we could get 2 or 3 vital targets in first.

You know, before the whole world saw us bid over 100m for 2 players and before Barca gave us another 130m.

Lets wait and see, its nice to be active. I just think that, no matter what your view is, there is an unnerving focus on such late activity, considering the manager explicitly said 10 or 12 weeks ago he wanted everything done as early as possible.

I'd be interested to know if the Hoffenheim result released a Lemar sized amount or not.

We can only nail colours to masts after the window is shut and nobody really knows what tomorrow brings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

So ladies...just in from a 15 hour shift and dont fancy reading back 15 pages...whats happening today in the world of Liverpool, buses and private jets...

Everyone had curry. More on this at 11.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

I can't get happy about the Ox transfer. Not because I find it a bit underwhelmed (which I am in a way) but because I feel sorry for Arsenal its a shambles. It was like that with our previous owners and it is not good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Man that's impressive. On my best day the longest i could ever shift a young wan was a couple of hours. Fair play Irishmale0399, Fair play.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

martyos121 wrote: »
    Everyone had curry. More on this at 11.

I had Stir Fry. Not my favourite dish and when the missus said she was making it I wasn't all that excited about it.

It was bloody delicious though

Shows what I know...

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 14,466 Mod ✭✭✭✭marno21

I think tomorrow is going to be a busy day and it's something to massively look forward to. Given how the Lemar & Keita stuff came out of nowhere I hope we're in for a few positive surprises tomorrow :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

It's their own fault for letting all these players get to within one year of their contracts. They have lost so many players over the years through the same stupidity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Man that's impressive. On my best day the longest i could ever shift a young wan was a couple of hours. Fair play Irishmale0399, Fair play.

Lads from the Wee county can go that Wee bit longer....:D:D;);)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

daithijjj wrote: »
    I wouldnt say that exactly. But lets stay rational. We badly need at least 2 defenders and a keeper (for me anyway). We havent invested near enough in defence yet we sign OX for that amount? 6 months before we dont even need permission to talk to him?

It's only clubs outside the PL who can talk to him from Jan 1st.

• Advertisement

ballyargus wrote: »
    I had Stir Fry. Not my favourite dish and when the missus said she was making it I wasn't all that excited about it.

It was bloody delicious though

Shows what I know...

Tell her to make a fucķing curry!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭Yawns

didn't know what to have for dinner til I read this thread. The wife made a nice curry anyway :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Interesting...

https://twitter.com/AlexisMerlino/status/902997543478591490
    Lemar a reçu une première proposition pour prolonger, il a refusé, offre insuffisante
    Lemar has received an initial proposal to extend (contract), he refused, insufficient supply

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Turkey burger and chips. A bit meh, tbh. A nice cup of tea afterwards made up for that though.

Barry's, btw.

S'up

Redknapp-car-window.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I actually really believe we're going to get Lemar.

• Advertisement

Lean.

DIgeYkWXkAUywfP.jpg:large

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Is that AOC?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,655 ✭✭✭Royal Legend

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    S'up

Redknapp-car-window.gif

"Who you calling a fkucing wheeler dealer"

one of arry's best lines ever :cool:

Joe Gomez named as the new England U21s captain.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I read that the Spanish transfer window doesn't shut until midnight on Friday, so an extra 25 hours of Coutinho stuff to put up with (provided we don't agree to sell him before then).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Lean.

DIgeYkWXkAUywfP.jpg:large

They should have given him socks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

It's only clubs outside the PL who can talk to him from Jan 1st.

Ah yea, i forgot about the technicalities that apply under FA and Premier league rules only.

Technicalities that have no relevance since agents appeared.

Origi off to Wolfsburg on loan for the season. They're paying a £6m fee and prepared to pay all his wages while he's there.

https://twitter.com/_pauljoyce/status/903004413685633027
    Liverpool loan fee for Origi is £6m plus wages. Wolfsburg prepared to pay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

sword1 wrote: »
    They should have given him socks

But he has socks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Looks like we're getting a Pogba level player for a lot cheaper in Ox.

https://streamable.com/8t0k

Knows where the woodwork is anyway...should fit right in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 430 ✭✭Doodoo

Howedes has signed for Juventus on a season long loan with an option to buy. Hope we didn't miss a trick here and have something better lined up.

Joyce is my hero right now

DIghaZMXkA4zTBk.jpg

Fake bids of £150m by FSG just make it look like they tried.

Italian media (yeah yeah) linking Liverpool with left back Emerson Palmieri of Roma (hmmm!)

http://www.football-italia.net/109084/liverpool-ask-emerson
    Liverpool have approached Roma for their Italian-Brazilian left-back Emerson Palmieri, according to TMW.

The report from Tuttomercatoweb suggests the Reds asked about his availability.

Sky Sport Italia claim the idea is to secure Emerson now, but leave him in Rome on loan for one more season.

Jurgen Klopp wants reinforcements for the left flank and the first choice is Thomas Lemar from Monaco.

However, Emerson can play as a left-back or in a more advanced role down the left flank.

The 23-year-old is currently on the road to recovery after tearing his anterior cruciate ligament in May and is not expected back in action until the end of October.

Liverpool and Roma already did business this summer for Mohamed Salah

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement