Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

With origi gone liverpools back up strikers are sturridge and a kid with a total of 20 minutes of premier league experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Italian media (yeah yeah) linking Liverpool with left back Emerson Palmieri of Roma (hmmm!)

http://www.football-italia.net/109084/liverpool-ask-emerson

Another left back who can't defend. Ugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Coutinho, Van Dijk & Lemar

So who do we end tomorrow with

- All three :eek::D:pac:
    - Two :)
    - One :(
    - None :eek::mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

rossie1977 wrote: »
    With origi gone liverpools back up strikers are sturridge and a kid with a total of 20 minutes of premier league experience

And potentially Ings.

Fromvert wrote: »

:eek::D:pac:

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Fromvert wrote: »

Spanish window doesn't close until Saturday midnight unfortunately, there's a good chance Coutinho will still be at Liverpool by 11pm tomorrow.

If he goes I expect it'll be on the final day with Barca coming in with a mad offer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

And Ings. Speaking of which how has he been doing with the u23's? Is he looking ready to play first team football again?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Happy enough with the new additions and would love to see another couple come in tomorrow but if the club can turn down the crazy money from Barcelona and hold onto Coutinho, well that just sends out a massive statement to the football world.

Can't wait now at this stage for the window to close and know where we're at regarding what players are at the club.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭tinpib

And Ings as well? Unless I missed something.

edit: And I thought I was quick off the mark.

edit 2: myself and Emmet were more like Mertesacker rather than Salah there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,393 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

And ings

Edit: Apparently Ings will be available this season :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Don't forget about Danny Ings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

- Turned down Chelsea
    - Boyhood Liverpool fan
    - Turned down bigger wages from Arsenal to join
    - Wants to emulate his hero Steven Gerrard
    - Signing largely prompts indifference among supporters initially
    - Versatile
    - Questionable injury record

Oxelade-Chamberlain is a cult hero in waiting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

We've scored 8 goals in 3 games in the PL alone and only one was from a striker.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

So...who is ringing in sick tomorrow lads?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

SlickRic wrote: »
    So...who us ringing in sick tomorrow lads?

Coutinho, depending...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

SlickRic wrote: »
    So...who us ringing in sick tomorrow lads?

Probably Sturridge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Did anyone mention Danny Ings yet?

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Probably Sturridge.

2/1 he gets injured by a flying purple dildo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

emmetkenny wrote: »
    And ings

Edit: Apparently Ings will be available this season :pac:

Young Woodburn too no?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

Sappy404 wrote: »
    - Turned down Chelsea
    - Boyhood Liverpool fan
    - Turned down bigger wages from Arsenal to join
    - Wants to emulate his hero Steven Gerrard
    - Signing largely prompts indifference among supporters initially
    - Versatile
    - Questionable injury record

Oxelade-Chamberlain is a cult hero in waiting.

He will be loved.
    They will sing songs about him.
    He will be feted.
    He will be a winner.
    But they'll never spell his name right, eh?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Yeah but have you seen the Attacking midfield...:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    2/1 he gets injured by a flying purple dildo

I think Everton are planning a bid for the purple dildo to replace Lukaku.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

Paul Joyce is saying LFC will spend 175 million tomorrow, which has to mean we get Lemar and dick, It also hints at The little bollix going to Barca..

Grayditch wrote: »
    We've scored 8 goals in 3 games in the PL alone and only one was from a striker.

Bobby plays striker role for us, klopp considers him to be a striker.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭RugbyLover123

That Indykaila twitter page is a serious wind up

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

not yet wrote: »
    Paul Joyce is saying LFC will spend 175 million tomorrow, which has to mean we get Lemar and dick, It also hints at The little bollix going to Barca..

Apparently the window closes in Spain Friday night so he could even move the day after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭RainMakerToo

That Indykaila twitter page is a serious wind up

He was rubbished long ago, don't believe a word :)

not yet wrote: »

Any links?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,269 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

Anyone know when the window closes in Spain?

Any links?

DIghaZMXkA4zTBk.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

1 Across is Write Off.
    Lets do this.

There's not a chance we will get vvd, not a chance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭bennyineire

There's not a chance we will get vvd, not a chance

I actually think its already done but won't be announced until after the deadline. I reckon this is a condition form Southampton

I actually think its already done but won't be announced until after the deadline. I reckon this is a condition form Southampton

How? They said they won't sell and won't be bullied. They don't need the money so why sell him.

We aren't a big club anymore, they have justification refusing to sell him to us v a Barca, man u etc when they explain towards their fans.

It's not as if he will refuse to play during the season , he will reintegrate back into the squad as soon as he sees his bank account t reach zero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

DIg2xX9UEAAiOde.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

From the snippets that the journos are saying, coupled with the armchair analysis of Klopp's statements about it being up to the owners, I get the impression that Klopp wants to sell Coutinho after feeling betrayed by his actions, but its FSG who want him to remain. Especially after they made that announcement prior to Coutinho's transfer request.

The type of manager Klopp appears to be, and the way he wants his dressing room to be, I'd be surprised if he wasn't willing to ship Coutinho on after this, regardless of his talent. He's ruthless if you're not on board with him. Be interesting to see what happens tomorrow anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

How? They said they won't sell and won't be bullied. They don't need the money so why sell him.

We aren't a big club anymore, they have justification refusing to sell him to us v a Barca, man u etc when they explain towards their fans.

It's not as if he will refuse to play during the season , he will reintegrate back into the squad as soon as he sees his bank account t reach zero

We aren't a big club?.... have we not won 5 European cups, have we not one of the most saught after managers in the game ? Good Jesus I give up ....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

1 Across is Write Off.
    Lets do this.

2 down is remoulade

Let's see how the deals go tomorrow, butfor the first time in Many a long year, I believe we are getting close to being back where once I remember us, champions .......

• Advertisement

shamrock55 wrote: »
    2 down is remoulade

11 across might be 'buttoned up' so

Toby it's a fake

428E480E00000578-0-image-a-120_1500649793896.jpg

kildare75 wrote: »
    We aren't a big club?.... have we not won 5 European cups, have we not one of the most saught after managers in the game ? Good Jesus I give up ....

Mate get ****ing realistic, when was the last time we won the league? Before 2005 when did we win last win the cl?

We are hanging by our absolute fingertips to be being called a big club

Give up or get real because you need to do one. We are just above spurs level right now. City, united , Chelsea are all above is in terms of desirability for a player and arsenal aswell if London is a big enough draw

I'm a Liverpool fan but get real mate

I guarantee Southampton fans would take it better if he was sold to city, chelski or united ahead of us , it would be easier to justify for the owners

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Mate get ****ing realistic, when was the last time we won the league? Before 2005 when did we win the cl

We are hanging by out fingertips to be being called a big club

Give up or get real because you need to do one. We are just above spurs level right now. City, united , Chelsea are all above is in terms of desirability for a player and arsenal aswell if London is a big enough draw

Didnt an arsenal player just turn down chelsea - a london club - bigger than us - to play here.

Our last transfer just destroyed your entire argument!!

Not saying I disagree with you - just saying everything you said is disproven with the arrival of ox.

Have a civil discussion about Liverpool? Nah

Get angry, tell people to get real and to do one? Yeah

ardinn wrote: »
    Didnt an arsenal player just turn down chelsea - a london club - bigger than us - to play here.

Our last transfer just destroyed your entire argument!!

Not saying I disagree with you - just saying everything you said is disproven with the arrival of ox.

You just said you don't disagree with me but everything I said is disproven? Which is it

The arrival of ox doesn't mean much tbh, he knows he won't get his game at Chelsea.

Suarez wanted to leave us for arsenal a few seasons ago, Ebs and flows

See if coutinho leaves and if we manage to get vvd and you might get a smidgen of an answer towards the argument

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Have a civil discussion about Liverpool? Nah

Get angry, tell people to get real and to do one? Yeah

I read it like that but think he meant to "do one of" "give up or get real"

Mate get ****ing realistic, when was the last time we won the league? Before 2005 when did we win last win the cl?

We are hanging by our absolute fingertips to be being called a big club

Em are we not second right now? Also did a certain player not turn his back on two London clubs only yesterday?
    I've been lucky to have followed this club for over 35 years, so I do remember when we were top dog, and I can see the power of playing for a top manager with a plan to get us back to where we were...champions...
    I need to do one? Lol ah here.....

kildare75 wrote: »
    Em are we not second right now? Also did a certain player not turn his back on two London clubs only yesterday?
    I've been lucky to have followed this club for over 35 years, so I do remember when we were top dog, and I can see the power of playing for a top manager with a plan to get us back to where we were...champions...
    I need to do one? Lol ah here.....

Yeah exactly ,you've followed the club for 35 years and I have for 15. So your opinions are dulusional ones from 35 years ago when we were the biggest club in Europe

I hate to tell you mate but that's not the case at all, we are barely the 4th biggest club in England.

Don't like saying it but that's the truth so get your expectations in line.

I don't see us signing a pogba type superstar player

If I'm a player looking to sign for a club on England Liverpool would be the 4th club I would choose , in fact they would be the 5th because London is an unbelievable city and I would pick arsenal before us.

That's real life mate

Right, I expect the rest done when I wake in the morning.

zEfimfn.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

If we do end up getting Lemar and vvd tomorrow id be simply gobsmacked

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement