Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

Yeah exactly ,you've followed the club for 35 years and I have for 15. So your opinions are dulusional ones from 35 years ago when we were the biggest club in Europe

I hate to tell you mate but that's not the case at all, we are barely the 4th biggest club in England.

Don't like saying it but that's the truth

No we won the champions league only 12 years ago..so technically we were biggest then , but anyways I'm not saying my opinion is more correct than yours, but have u not looked at the record books? Football didn't just start with sky sports .....
    Let's see who is right at end of season .......

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

Knex. wrote: »
    Right, I expect the rest done when I wake in the morning.

3 down Toasted?

kildare75 wrote: »
    No we won the champions league only 12 years ago..so technically we were biggest then , but anyways I'm not saying my opinion is more correct than yours, but have u not looked at the record books? Football didn't just start with sky sports .....
    Let's see who is right at end of season .......
    Unfortunately I'd be pretty sure il be correct man, I don't like saying it but that's life . Night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 307 ✭✭kildare75

Unfortunately I'd be pretty sure il be correct man, I don't like saying it but that's life . Night

Em right ok

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

As others have said on Ox, he is a young, technical, versatile, robust, energetic player with plenty of experience and a great attitude.

It speaks volumes that he would turn down the easier and more lucrative option of staying in London.

Milner slips another rung down the ladder and Llalana will find it tougher to feature on his return.

The more I think about it, the more I like this move. Klopp is truly his own man when it comes to transfers and he hasn't let us down yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

3 down Toasted?

You've made the list. Updated.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

19 down = luggage😁

zEfimfn.png

25 down = spear
    26 accross= cherrycola? Or coke
    27 down=oaf
    14 across= sardinia

Jaysus Shamrock, I'll never get to sleep with ya :pac:

The times better be sending this thread a present & shamrock a life time subscription

aM6i26Z.png

• Advertisement

Jaysus Shamrock, I'll never get to sleep with ya :pac:

well you did say you wanted it finished😁
    I'm off to bed now anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Demosthenese

Yeah exactly ,you've followed the club for 35 years and I have for 15. So your opinions are dulusional ones from 35 years ago when we were the biggest club in Europe

I hate to tell you mate but that's not the case at all, we are barely the 4th biggest club in England.

Don't like saying it but that's the truth so get your expectations in line.

I don't see us signing a pogba type superstar player

If I'm a player looking to sign for a club on England Liverpool would be the 4th club I would choose , in fact they would be the 5th because London is an unbelievable city and I would pick arsenal before us.

That's real life mate

Liverpool will leapfrog Arsenal this season (Not just in league position which we already have but as a destination for players) and would be classed ahead of Spurs purely on the basis that Levy has a method to his madness that doesn't see them compete for Top notch players.

United despite having poor enough runs since Fergie left are still a massive club worldwide - Chelsea are a Club that wins the league on a regular basis and City are a powerhouse with the most famous manager and unbelievable backing. Realistically we are behind these 3.

That doesn't make us a small club though - it took Fergie 20 years to establish United as the club they are. Chelsea still despite their last 10 years are not in the same breath as United and City need to be competing to win the CL to be recognised as a big club. (In Stature not just $$$)

Liverpool need to be competing in the CL for the next 5 years, challenge for the League and win it at least once to be in with a shout of ever changing their stature. We'll never have the financial backing of the others unless we sell to richer owners. Remember players do not go to City cos they are BIG, its cos they are Rich!

For us, we still go on tours abroad and are well received, we have history, we have to get back to winning respected Trophies. This transfer window could go unbelievably well for us if we were to get VVD and/or Lemar it could change the way everyone sees us in terms of wanting to compete.

... i for one am enjoying the way we play right now, im going to enjoy the CL that we strived to get into and am not going to constantly go with the "Our defence sucks brigade" every time we play. Will be a Keeganesque type of league campaign maybe ... very enjoyable.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

shamrock55 wrote: »
    well you did say you wanted it finished😁

In that spirit, 16 across: astern

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,424 ✭✭✭Ciano35

We should do a crossword once a week as a team building exercise, it might put an end to the arguing :P

14 - Sardinia - edit, shamrock got this

18 across=yellow
    That's it I'm off to bed I'm gone cross-eyed and don't know anymore anyway��
    20across= take that
    That's my lot I don't know anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,662 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

AND I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE DOING THAT CROSSWORD

When I wake up I expect vvd and Lemar to be leaning against each other😊

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Don't like saying it but that's the truth so get your expectations in line.

I don't see us signing a pogba type superstar player

If I'm a player looking to sign for a club on England Liverpool would be the 4th club I would choose , in fact they would be the 5th because London is an unbelievable city and I would pick arsenal before us.

That's real life mate

Who is the last major superstar player signed by a premier league club?

It's mostly stars at the end of their careers or potential young stars that you normally see signed. England in general isn't that desirable of a destination. Alex Ferguson was never able to attract the big name superstar despite many tries.

The only reason Pogba signed with man utd was because he had spent years as a youth player there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

ballyargus wrote: »
    I had Stir Fry. Not my favourite dish and when the missus said she was making it I wasn't all that excited about it.

It was bloody delicious though

Shows what I know...

The AOC of tea.

• Advertisement

I think AOC is a fantastic signing. Really looking forward to seeing him improve the team and give us a bit of depth.

Hopefully he can avoid injuries for at least 12 months to allow him a good run in the team and to develop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

zEfimfn.png
    Across:
    6 - COQUET
    10 - WHOLESALER
    16 - ASTERN
    20 - TAKETHAT
    22 - STAG
    30 - FORKEEPS

Down:
    4 - OLWEN
    8 - EMEND
    12 - DRAFTEE
    19 - LUGGAGE
    23 - TEACH

Hope Phil goes. Better an empty house than a bad lodger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

That's close to £19m over the course of his 6 year contract that he has given up to join us.

If even partially the case, that deserves a large degree of respect. It provides a great deal of insight into the players state of mind and what he considers most important at this stage of his career.

Putting that aside for a second, it appears that Klopps holds him in high regard. We are also indeed of some backup talent given our season ahead.

I will be keeping an open mind on him - even for ~40m (which is **** all these days to be frank).

Edit: the previous point about Klopp and Conte both chasing him really does have to count for something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    Hope Phil goes. Better an empty house than a bad lodger.

Did you say you hoped Suarez left when Arsenal came knocking? His best season followed that.

punk_one82 wrote: »
    Did you say you hoped Suarez left when Arsenal came knocking? His best season followed that.

No I didn't. Any other questions?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    No I didn't. Any other questions?

Nope, just wondering if that logic applied to every player we have who may want to leave. Why so sassy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

With all the jesus posters you would be expecting fowler to post next

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

The VVD thing seems pie in the sky stuff. We've a club who don't want to sell, especially to us, and we're unwilling to make a bid. How is that meant to happen?

I'm amazed if the club are pinning all their hopes of shoring up the defence on that situation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

If we seriously want to sign Thomas Lemar today then Barcelona are a concern.

Liverpool were strongly linked with Jean-Michael Seri a week or so ago and the following day Barcelona were sniffing around, making an offer and agreeing terms before pulling the plug on the transfer deal. I don't think it's a coincidence that they also tried to sign Keita when they did. It would seem that their intention is to screw over our transfer moves when the opportunity arises because the club refuses to release Coutinho from captivity.

If we agree a fee with Monaco, I fully expect Barca to try to top it just to scupper the deal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

punk_one82 wrote:
    Nope, just wondering if that logic applied to every player we have who may want to leave. Why so sassy?

Looking for logic with this one is like a where's Wally book with Wally colored in

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Talisman wrote:
    If we agree a fee with Monaco, I fully expect Barca to try to top it just to scupper the deal.

All the more reason to not sell to barca.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

DaveOCKOP‏Verified account @DaveOCKOP 7h7 hours ago
    More
    DaveOCKOP Retweeted Les Verts d'Algérie
    Mahrez has been allowed leave his national team training camp to finalise a move to a new club. Club hasn't been announced yet

From Twitter 1 hour ago. possible ?

Mahrez? Not too sure about him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭not yet

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Mahrez? Not too sure about him.

Me neither, jayaus this is torture. If as rumoured LFC spend 175mill today it will be a huge statement and step forward.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

The VVD thing seems pie in the sky stuff. We've a club who don't want to sell, especially to us, and we're unwilling to make a bid. How is that meant to happen?

I'm amazed if the club are pinning all their hopes of shoring up the defence on that situation.

Must be persisting in using the Mrs Doyle approach with them. Bold move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

not yet wrote: »
    DaveOCKOP‏Verified account @DaveOCKOP 7h7 hours ago
    More
    DaveOCKOP Retweeted Les Verts d'Algérie
    Mahrez has been allowed leave his national team training camp to finalise a move to a new club. Club hasn't been announced yet

From Twitter 1 hour ago. possible ?

Think it's Chelsea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,587 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

I reckon the Coutinho Barca deal has all been agreed in principle, but won't be announced until we've got our signings in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Predictions for today

Lemar: likely but I wouldn't be surprised we didn't either.

VVD: I'm saying no chance, it's too late in the day with no news in ages for a bid to be suddenly accepted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

So I want VVD, Lemar and Phil to stay, make him EARN his place back.
    And make other teams really fear us, not knowing who will play - will it be Firmino, Mane and Salah, or Sturridge, Lemar and Lallana? Will Coutinho be pulling the strings or Wijnaldum?

Here's hoping for a good day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Predictions for today:

Liverpool sign nobody despite a day full of Twitter bull****, followed cars and tracked flights.
    This place is in full meltdown by 10pm, be like armageddon.
    Jesus Wept has a chippy tea

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Not to be pessimistic, but that report of us spending £175m today is just Paul Joyce's take on it, it's not fact. And the £175m includes £35m for Ox, which should be announced today. He says in the article...

'Liverpool are prepared to pay more than £70m for Lemar, the Monaco Midfielder, and a similar fee for Van Dijk, the Southampton Centre Back, although both clubs have indicated that they don't want to sell.'

So, basically, according to Paul Joyce, our remaining targets are Lemar and Van Dijk. If Monaco/Southampton want to sell, it could happen, if they don't, it won't.

One advantage of the Spanish window staying open a day longer is that we'll know exactly who we have in before we have to decide on Coutinho, assuming Barcelona do make another bid. So it won't be us scrambling to find someone before 11pm tonight to replace him. We can do whatever business we do today, get it sorted, and then tomorrow can decide on Coutinho.

The disadvantage, of course, is an extra day of wondering if we're going to keep him or not!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

If the Chamberlain stories about turning down 220k a week at Chelsea are true he deserves massive respect.

I think he is an excellent signing. Another very quick option on the wing & can be developed in midfield like Lallana,Wijnaldum & Can have been by Klopp.

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/903166572310736896

James Pearce says further incomings for LFC are possible, not probable

Bascombe not saying Liverpool aren't confident of bringing more in at the moment

https://twitter.com/_chrisbascombe/status/903161991153553408

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

jasonb wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/903166572310736896

James Pearce says further incomings for LFC are possible, not probable

Is that not the same thing??
    Either way, other than Sahko, I cant see us doing any other transfers in or out today

Either way, other than Sahko, I cant see us doing any other transfers in or out today

I read that as meaning that while something could happen, it probably won't...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Would have preferred mharez then ox being honest,I know ox is more versatile but..mharez has that unlocking defences quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

Should we not be making a pitch for Eliaquim Mangala or similar regardless of whether VVD sign's or not? He's available for circa £25m and although things didn't work out for him at City he clearly has talent and maybe needs a fresh start? Would there be much downside? He'd provide cover and if he doesn't work out you'd still get most of your money back on him in a couple of years when he'd still only be 28.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

Nah, very different.

it's possible we'll win the Champions League

It's probable Arsenal won't

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Can't see Van Dijk or Lemar joining. I hope we go for an alternative CB. Manolas or Koulibaly.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement