Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

Is that not the same thing??
    Either way, other than Sahko, I cant see us doing any other transfers in or out today

It's possible I might win the lotto but I probably won't.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

Nah, very different.

it's possible we'll win the Champions League

It's probable Arsenal won't

Well, technically it's definite that Arsenal won't! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

It's possible I might win the lotto but I probably won't.

Not with that attitude you won't!

MD1990 wrote: »
    Can't see Van Dijk or Lemar joining. I hope we go for an alternative CB. Manolas or Koulibaly.

I get the feeling that we won't be going for alternatives, and it'll either be VVD and/or Lemar, or no-one else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,119 ✭✭✭Colemania

I think all today's activity come 11pm will be Sakho and Markovic out, the latter on loan possibly, and no incoming players with the exception of AOC. Hate to be a pessimist but that's just the way I see it going. Not for the want of trying though so can't put the blame on the owners. Coutinho won't be going anywhere this season I feel but highly likely to go next summer.

Klopp had his targets and he's got all of them except Van Dijk. Disappointing but he doesn't accept second best

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,733 ✭✭✭✭AndyBoBandy

Sorry folks, I don't ever pay too much attention to Arsenal, and would only watch them if Liverpool are playing them (and Sunday was rather one sided), but is Ox any good? whats the general consensus in here on signing him?

a good buy?

on another note, we are building up a nice squad of players with double barrelled names! Wheres Shaun Wright-Phillips at?

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

Welcome to the club Alex.
    I've like reading some of the stuff about him turning down other clubs and not taking a pay bump to join us, that's gotta be respected.

But, I still think that he is a squad player rather than a starter, I hope he proves me wrong.
    He's in the fast, dribbling, head on, beat a player mold that we have in Mane and Salah so I can certainly see why he has been signed.
    Although I don't have much confidence in him as a central player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

jasonb wrote: »
    Well, technically it's definite that Arsenal won't! :)

I meant ever again, but you're probably right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,797 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

Oxlade Chamberlain refusing more money to stay at Arsenal or move to Chelsea is a good first step.

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Have to admit if we don't bring anyone else in today (other than Ox) I'll be disappointed. After all the talk of the last few days and us having more games this year, we really need to be investing in the squad a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Tom28 (Saintsweb) has just spoken
    He is staying I'm told. No acceptable bids are expected today. Be interesting too see how this plays out over the next few weeks and months.

Expect one incoming to get over the line today.

Happy Transfer deadline day

Tom28 (Saintsweb) has just spoken

Not too surprised by this, there's been very little from either club around this for ages, it's all been the press who've kept the idea alive.

Apart from Ox being announced, and maybe Lemar happening (as we know the clubs are at least talking about that) I don't think we'll see anyone else coming in.

Of course, we might see more leaving, maybe Sakho?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

It will be very disappointing if VVD isn't bought. It's essential to upgrade at CB.

I have been 100% convinced he would sign all summer, but the signs this morning are all negative. For the first time I think we are going to miss out:(

Going to be a bummer of a transfer deadline day again unfortunately IMO.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Seems the press are telling us all that a day of dissapointment awaits

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭JimboJones99

I think it has been a decent transfer window. We have added Salah, Robertson, Solanke and now Oxlade-Chamberlain. Salah has settled in fantastically and initial signs are encouraging for Robertson & Solanke. Chamberlain will add depth, versatility and competition even if I am uncertain he will be an upgrade on what we have.

We have also held on to our top players and hopefully once the transfer window closes Coutinho will settle back in like Suarez did. Hopefully Sturridge stays fit and Ings regains his fitness and we will have further strength in depth even if Origi leaves.

The major disappointment is Van Dijk and we really should have this one in the bag months ago. The clubs over eagerness to tell everyone that he had chosen us over the likes of Chelsea and Man City before a deal was done was embarrassing and hopefully lessons will be learned from it. Central Defence is the main area of concern and it could be our downfall. If we mange to pull a Van Dijk shaped rabbit out of the hat, which I know is unlikely, then I think it will have been a very successful window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I'd given up on VVD more or less with the grovelling apology

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

It wouldn't be the end of the world if VVD didn't join

86dfbf22b51446cc29a620e12f3a043d.png

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭JimboJones99

Barcelona being linked with Mahrez now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

awec wrote: »
    Have to admit if we don't bring anyone else in today (other than Ox) I'll be disappointed. After all the talk of the last few days and us having more games this year, we really need to be investing in the squad a bit.

No point bringing in bodies for the sake of it either. We have signed 3 new attacking players Salah, Ox and Solanke. VVD is the only move I'm desperate to see happen today.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

rob316 wrote: »
    No point bringing in bodies for the sake of it either. We have signed 3 new attacking players Salah, Ox and Solanke. VVD is the only move I'm desperate to see happen today.

It's not as if Lemar is a body for the sake of it. Everyone we are linked with improves our squad if we sign them.

I am concerned about the impact the champions league will have on our squad.

If we go into the rest of the season with the same centre backs as last year then it cannot be regarded as a great window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

awec wrote: »
    It's not as if Lemar is a body for the sake of it. Everyone we are linked with improves our squad if we sign them.

I am concerned about the impact the champions league will have on our squad.

Lemar would be a great signing but I'm fairly happy with our attacking options as is. VVD would be a superb ending but I see it highly unlikely, relations are too bad between the clubs and they just don't want to sell especially to us.

murpho999 wrote: »
    If we go into the rest of the season with the same centre backs as last year then it cannot be regarded as a great window.

Lovren out Gomez in? :) :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,295 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Brazil game at 1:45am over night just pity the Spanish window goes on longer than the English one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Cant see why he just doesn't sit down with Sahko and sort his **** out.

Sahko is quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

DrumSteve wrote: »

Sahko is quality.

There must be a lot going on behind the scenes with him. I recon he's not serious enough or not working hard or messing a lot and has to be kept away from the team. Managers stamp that stuff out quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

I don't think we'll be signing anyone today tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/903178571400843264

Again, not exactly promising in terms of getting the deals over the line.
    Trying to get INCREDIBLY DIFFICULT business done today. If they do, in the words of Jürgen Klopp, 'OH MY GOD!'

This bit from the linked article is interesting though:
    Lemar, who is due to feature for his national team against Netherlands on deadline night, has vocalised his desire to play for Jurgen Klopp to the Ligue 1 champions.

Klopp should be giving Ted Talks at this stage. His powers of persuasion are approaching religious status.

• Advertisement

There must be a lot going on behind the scenes with him. I recon he's not serious enough or not working hard or messing a lot and has to be kept away from the team. Managers stamp that stuff out quickly.

can only presume it's that because VVD would not be a huge improvement over him IMO

DrumSteve wrote: »

Sahko is quality.

This again. Sakho has blown his chances and the manager is not accepting his attitude.
    His celebration with Benteke last season in Anfield made me lose all respect for him.
    Is he that good if only Crystal Palace are interested in him?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Lovren out Gomez in? :) :pac:

When TAA is back, I wouldn't be surprised. Only issue is that Matip tends to play right, so one of them will have to shift over. But he's looked very solid since returning, and we know Klopp loves him...

This again. Sakho has blown his chances and the manager is not accepting his attitude.
    His celebration with Benteke last season in Anfield made me lose all respect for him.

I'm talking about bringing him back in the context of not getting VVD in.

I can't imagine Sakho has done anything worse than what Coutinho has done recently.

So what does Klopp do when Coutinho recovers from his recent feigned injury and dare I say betrayal ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

See on Sky sports that Palace are now in for Mangala as an alternative to Sakho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Palace, Stoke, West Brom the only clubs linked with him, says a lot really...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I can't imagine Sakho has done anything worse than what Coutinho has done recently.

Why? We don't know what Sakho did, but is handing in a transfer request really the worst, most irredeemable thing a footballer can do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Refusing to play makes you a rat bastard.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

We have went in for Lemar very late in the window. If he signed I would think Coutinho would go.

It would be great if somehow Klopp would bring Sakho back. He was excellent under Klopp 2 years ago & was superb for Palace.

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Why? We don't know what Sakho did, but is handing in a transfer request really the worst, most irredeemable thing a footballer can do?

Yeah it is. No wait, it obviously isn't. But does it fly with a manager who's philosophy is 'team'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

So what does Klopp do when Coutinho recovers from his recent feigned injury and dare I say betrayal ?

From what I can gather, Klopp wants to sell Coutinho after his recent antics. Its FSG who do not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Knex. wrote: »
    From what I can gather, Klopp wants to sell Coutinho after his recent antics. Its FSG who do not.

That's what I took from the presser a few weeks ago when Klopp said it was up to the club.

Just from is tone and body language that day I took it as he was done with Coutinho.

Asked someone said the Coutinho deal could well be done in the background and not announced until we get our business done.

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Asked someone said the Coutinho deal could well be done in the background and not announced until we get our business done.

Peter Moore is very chatty today altogether :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,385 ✭✭✭Nerdlingr

Optimized-Screen-Shot-2017-08-31-at-10.11.30-1000x600.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,644 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

eyerer wrote: »
    See on Sky sports that Palace are now in for Mangala as an alternative to Sakho

Why not sell him then.

Pissing about when Palace offer 25m to hold out for 30 makes SFA sense to me, Pool will pay that in wages on what is a depreciating asset.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Oxlade Chamberlein makes sense in terms of what Klopp has demonstrated in terms of tactical and personal preference. He's incredibly athletic and physical, and will slot in perfectly to a high pressing high pressure game. If the reports are true that he turned down up to £25m over five years to come to us rather than Chelsea, then it speaks to the kind of professional mindset that Klopp likes and has seen Sakho frozen out.

So I like it as a depth addition.

At the same time, we need to do more to make this a good window imo. Oxlade improves depth, which was one concern. Keita further deepens the squad in a year which is nice.

- CB / GK still an issue
    - Teams sitting in against us still an issue

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Plus it would end the debates of Sakho should be brought back into the team :pac:

Agreed, no point keeping someone we're never using. Markovic too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Transfer requests are rejected all the time. Players can be reintegrated if all they've done is formally state a preference to play elsewhere. Sakho could have done anything; His relationship with Klopp or his fellow players could have been irrevocably damaged at a personal or professional level at some stage. We simply don't know.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement