Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,716 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive said it all summer VVD is by far our number one priority, please please God above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Sappy404 wrote: »

Just like that movie:

"The bus that couldn't slow down"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

brevity wrote: »
    Just like that movie:

Fitting for our team, we can never bloody park the thing, only speed it up.

Mahrez is clearly available, if the Lemar deal can't be done then he's a lot better than nothing if Phil is set to leave tomorrow. I like his attitude too, he wanted to leave Leicester this summer but he never gave anything less than 100% in the meantime. Coutinho could learn a thing or two from him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

brevity wrote: »
    Just like that movie:

Better that the "Bus That Remained Parked"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,843 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Anyone thinking that Mahrez has left the Algeria camp to maybe sign for Monaco as Lemar's replacement ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

As content as I actually am with the Ox signing, we have to be honest that it will have been a very underwhelming window if nothing else happens.

that changed if VVD miraculously happens.

I'm not including Keita, as that doesn't affect us yet.

the reality is that currently we have great depth in the front 6. And that's great to see. But we simply don't have the quality in vital areas slightly further back, and there will be that nagging feeling that we couldn't quite get enough done if VVD doesn't happen.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

SlickRic wrote: »
    As content as I actually am with the Ox signing, we have to be honest that it will have been a very underwhelming window if nothing else happens.

that changed if VVD miraculously happens.

I'm not including Keita, as that doesn't affect us yet.

the reality is that currently we have great depth in the front 6. And that's great to see. But we simply don't have the quality in vital areas slightly further back, and there will be that nagging feeling that we couldn't quite get enough done if VVD doesn't happen.

Agreed.

Salah is the only signing that is a clear improvement on our first 11.

Solanke and Ox improve the squad. It remains to be seen if Robertson is an improvement on Milner.

Defence should have been our priority all window but for some reason it hasn't been.

• Advertisement

It's a poor window as of now for sure.

CB hasn't been addressed which is incredible

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

Barcelona being linked with Mahrez now

I'd love to see Mahrez gets a move to a big club. He did the sound thing in turning down a move to stay with Leceister after the miracle last year. Would be a **** one if that ended up being his last chance at a big move

the reality is that currently we have great depth in the front 6. ..................

I'd say we have great to unreal options/depth in the front 5.
    CM/DM spot is a worry IMO for the coming season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Augeo wrote: »
    I'd say we have great to unreal options/depth in the front 5.
    CM/DM spot is a worry IMO for the coming season.

Only if he's playing a DM.

Though it appears he's going full Keegan this year which should be fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm not defending our business in defence, but I can see why CB is a difficult position for Klopp to recruit in.

Look at City for example. They play a high line, like ourselves, so you basically need a CB with great pace, great anticipation to get ahead of strikers to balls as they come to strikers' feet, and you need someone who is great in one-on-ones.

In the system Klopp looks to use, CBs are going to be exposed and look silly more than they would playing for teams like Utd, Chelsea or Spurs.

Pique in his prime at Barca still looked silly quite often during a season.

Lovren gives me the sh, but there's a part of me that understands if they're finding it difficult to recruit someone who is an awful lot better than him. Klopp may well look at Lovren and think he's actually not that bad, and is willing to forgive him the odd fúck up because that's the position his system puts him in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Whatever about improving on Lovren, which should not be a monumental job IMO, but surely we can improve on Klavan and Gomez.....no CB this window will create problems, missing out on Lemar and keeping Coutinho may not.......all focus should be on CB and leaving it to the last day seems crazy, here's hoping we get it sorted.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,325 ✭✭✭smileyj1987

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

I'm not defending our business in defence, but I can see why CB is a difficult position for Klopp to recruit in.

Look at City for example. They play a high line, like ourselves, so you basically need a CB with great pace, great anticipation to get ahead of strikers to balls as they come to strikers' feet, and you need someone who is great in one-on-ones.

In the system Klopp looks to use, CBs are going to be exposed and look silly more than they would playing for teams like Utd, Chelsea or Spurs.

Pique in his prime at Barca still looked silly quite often during a season.

Lovren gives me the sh, but there's a part of me that understands if they're finding it difficult to recruit someone who is an awful lot better than him. Klopp may well look at Lovren and think he's actually not that bad, and is willing to forgive him the odd fúck up because that's the position his system puts him in.

^^^ 100%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Klopp on Ox
    “I remember the first time I saw him play live - it was at Dortmund in 2014 and he came on as a sub that day and made a big impact. He stood out immediately because of his pace and skills and his attitude in such a big game for a young player; I remember him chasing back to make a brilliant challenge on Mkhitaryan in the box to save a certain goal.

“We won that game but lost the return match at Arsenal when he started and played well, I think he hit the post. Since then I have followed him and when I heard it may be possible to sign him I didn't need to think twice.

“I hear a lot of talk about positions but let's talk about the player; he is someone with really good abilities who always gives everything for his team. A player that is positive and willing to take risks to try and make positive things happen.

“He may still be young but he has a lot of experience in the Premier League, Champions League and for his country. Already he is a very, very good player and I think he has the mentality and desire to get even better - and that excites me.

“This is someone making a tough decision to leave one great club and come to another great club and I think he had many options, so to get him means I am delighted.

“He didn't make an easy decision but I think he made a great one to go on this journey with this squad of talented boys and our great supporters. I welcome him to the Liverpool family.”

• Advertisement

Guardian journalist David Hytner:
    Southampton’s position over Virgil Van Dijk remains unequivocal. He is going nowhere today – not to Liverpool and not to any other top club. Liverpool have been unable to initiate any talks with Southampton in recent weeks, after the warning they got from the Premier League for tapping up Van Dijk earlier in the summer, and Southampton have certainly not gone to them. There has been zero contact between the clubs and that will remain the case today – it has to, in light of the sensitivity over the tapping-up – and it means that there is zero chance of a deal. Southampton remain confident of reintegrating Van Dijk into the team after the window shuts.

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ian Dennis (also BBC) thinks that's our lot for this window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Bad feeling VVD won't go anywhere and be put in the reserve's...

On the other hand, I'd bite Leicester's hand off for Mahrez, I like him a lot...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

martyos121 wrote: »
    Guardian journalist David Hytner:
    Southampton’s position over Virgil Van Dijk remains unequivocal. He is going nowhere today – not to Liverpool and not to any other top club. Liverpool have been unable to initiate any talks with Southampton in recent weeks, after the warning they got from the Premier League for tapping up Van Dijk earlier in the summer, and Southampton have certainly not gone to them. There has been zero contact between the clubs and that will remain the case today – it has to, in light of the sensitivity over the tapping-up – and it means that there is zero chance of a deal. Southampton remain confident of reintegrating Van Dijk into the team after the window shuts.

:(

As most of us new if we went back in for VVD we would have gotten a transfer ban.

Now that would have been an underwhelming transfer window and probably for the next couple as well.

The club was never going to risk that.

Richard keyes is claiming that mignolet was up late on saturday and that is why he was dropped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Richard keyes is claiming that mignolet was up late on saturday and that is why he was dropped

That was the rumour (to watch the fight) but every one knew he was dropped Saturday early

Aw the poor lamb. Deadline day must be really tough for him, all the way over there where nobody cares.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

sword1 wrote: »
    That was the rumour (to watch the fight) but every one knew he was dropped Saturday early

I wonder has he done something like that before and klopp knew he would do it so dropped him early

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭ratracer

SSN really scraping the bottom of the barrel when the only "guest" they find to fill in time is Chris Kirkland!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

Fieldog wrote: »
    On the other hand, I'd bite Leicester's hand off for Mahrez, I like him a lot...

do you really think he would fit into our team and Klopp's high energy style?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

ratracer wrote: »
    SSN really scraping the bottom of the barrel when the only "guest" they find to fill in time is Chris Kirkland!!

Maybe Shay Given will call in again...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Looks like VVD won't be happening. Saints standing firm.

Wonder if we can pull a wonder back up with 10 hours to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Go back for VvD in January I'd say, repair relations with the 2 clubs in the meantime and get an early deal in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Thomas Muller anyone?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

We need to send someone convincing down to Southampton to get this deal done, we need a bit of distraction negotiating where they simple can't resist the words '' yes yes, of course, what ever you say Ms'' and before they know it they have given him to us for 45m

04d439e526e0be5bd9da5acc5897e2a9--business-suits-business-women.jpg

Coutinho had a really good preseason with us, a happy one too. His path back is simple I would think, he will give his all again and leave in 9 months.
    Vertigo Van Dick has refused to even train with Southampton , will be very tough for him if he stays. We all know how HAPPY Coutinho is at Liverpool, can't deny it as he said it himself over and over, VVD has wanted out of Southampton since Jan and the club is just being awkward, a good deal is wanting there for them if they choose to sell a player who does not want to play for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 956 ✭✭✭grudgehugger

I'm hearing rumours that VVD is planning a trip to Electric Picnic this weekend to take his mind off a few months ahead of playing in Saints reserves.

Expecting him to tweet a moody picture from a helicopter bound for Stradbally tomorrow afternoon...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Mahrez has arrived at Barca it seems.

https://twitter.com/ed_aarons/status/903224410626252801

Hopefully they dropped interest in Lemar then. Oh ye and Coutinho.

• Advertisement

Virgil has now left Southampton is a blacked out car, destination unknown..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,996 ✭✭✭✭billymitchell

Mahrez has arrived at Barca it seems.

https://twitter.com/ed_aarons/status/903224410626252801

Hopefully they dropped interest in Lemar then. Oh ye and Coutinho.

Maybe he is going to Espanyol?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Good, keep Barca busy for another day!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Pics of everything or gtfo. The absolute state of Twitter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

We need to send someone convincing down to Southampton to get this deal done, we need a bit of distraction negotiating where they simple can't resist the words '' yes yes, of course, what ever you say Ms'' and before they know it they have given him to us for 45m

04d439e526e0be5bd9da5acc5897e2a9--business-suits-business-women.jpg

Might I suggest Linda

5c933c99156f7d81873ad86681734099.jpg
    A blacked out car

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Unless the car has its own twitter account im not interested

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

I thought he was of mixed origin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

He's probably gone for a rake of pints.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

do you really think he would fit into our team and Klopp's high energy style?

I think he's decent alright but not sure where he could fit in, I thought him and Kante were great the year Leicester won the league...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

DrumSteve wrote: »
    Unless the car has its own twitter account im not interested
    Elon Musk has banned the car from having its own Twitter account for fear of a deus ex machina event occurring in the ongoing saga.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement