Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,591 ✭✭✭brevity

Definitely too soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I dunno what is suppose to happen when Moreno is in the arms of the opposing keeper, is Henderson suppose to notice? Is he suppose to engage his brain and fill that hole, he never does, it's left exposed and it then drags Lovern out of position and leave Matip exposed, it's a domino effect.
    I thought Henderson would fill that hole as soon as we lose it, and Wiji would fill Hendersons hole while Can fills Wiji's hole. It never happens though.
    Moreno bombs forward and even when it breaks down Moreno, the clown that he is, continues his run forward as if the crowd will applaud the effort. He actually will continue to carry on his run all the way to the opposing keeper even though opposition has won ball back 3 seconds ago. The guy clearly is not mentally right, not a lot up stairs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,465 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I can imagine Moreno when he knows he's named in side acting like that kid in the An Post Address pal commercial

O YEA
    O YEA
    O YEA
    O YEA
    O YEA
    O YEA
    O YEA
    O YEA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Umaro

...and Wiji would fill Hendersons hole while Can fills Wiji's hole.

12d59296c8c028207fee5a1310500726--kenneth-williams-classic-quotes.jpg

I dunno what is suppose to happen when Moreno is in the arms of the opposing keeper, is Henderson suppose to notice? Is he suppose to engage his brain and fill that hole, he never does, it's left exposed and it then drags Lovern out of position and leave Matip exposed, it's a domino effect.
    I thought Henderson would fill that hole as soon as we lose it, and Wiji would fill Hendersons hole while Can fills Wiji's hole. It never happens though.
    Moreno bombs forward and even when it breaks down Moreno, the clown that he is, continues his run forward as if the crowd will applaud the effort. He actually will continue to carry on his run all the way to the opposing keeper even though opposition has won ball back 3 seconds ago. The guy clearly is not mentally right, not a lot up stairs.

Homoeroticism aside, this is a valid point.

If Moreno has gone forward, then one of Hendo/Can/Winaldjum should help Lovren. They should all move in sync but the players seem to be all over the place.

Its clear what Klopp is trying to do but he's doing it with the wrong players.

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭PhuckHugh

Has Coutinho gone on strike? If so, let the fcuker rot I say. What a little prcik.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

PhuckHugh wrote: »
    Has Coutinho gone on strike? If so, let the fcuker rot I say. What a little prcik.

What in gods name are you on about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

brevity wrote: »

That was hilarious and depressing at the same time

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Vicxas wrote: »
    What in gods name are you on about

Reports today hes gone on strike and says he wont play again for lfc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

ricero wrote: »

Following Dembele's footsteps, if true.

Barca, more than a club...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭punk_one82

In all fairness, a quick google has The Mirror and another **** rag reporting it. Hardly credible sources.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

Idiot if true.

Ok Phil, go on strike for the next 4 and a half years of your contract. Good luck with getting in to next years world cup squad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,927 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Going on strike didn't work for us with VVD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Knex. wrote: »
    Following Dembele's footsteps, if true.

Barca, more than a club...

Barca DNA....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

murpho999 wrote:
    Picking out isolated incidents with an 18 year old TAA do not compare.

So picking out the person who cost us the goal isn't more beneficial than talking about two players who didn't?

I'm not saying we should slate him by the way. Just saying that you can't talk sh1t about two players and ignore as different player who actually coat us a goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Transfer window closes two weeks from tomorrow and I don't see any bids going in for defensive players. What's going on?

The squad we put out last night was much more Europa League than Champions League. So disappointing that we haven't made progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Mr.H wrote: »
    So picking out the person who cost us the goal isn't more beneficial than talking about two players who didn't?

I'm not saying we should slate him by the way. Just saying that you can't talk sh1t about two players and ignore as different player who actually coat us a goal

Lovren was a yard deeper than anyone for the goal. If he had pushed up then TAA wouldn't have been in that situation but he was ball watching as usual. TAA/Matip should have done better though I agree.

I don't really blame Barca in this, sure they have a part but there are other factors at play as well.

"Reports in Spain"

Where's that truckload of salt i ordered

In other news we're linked with Lucas Moura too

• Advertisement

Tusky wrote: »
    Transfer window closes two weeks from tomorrow and I don't see any bids going in for defensive players. What's going on?

The squad we put out last night was much more Europa League than Champions League. So disappointing that we haven't made progress.

Cant make heads nor tails of it myself. Does the club have to sell coutinho in order to buy ?

Something stinks and it aint my underwear during the game last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

NukaCola wrote:
    Lovren was a yard deeper than anyone for the goal. If he had pushed up then TAA wouldn't have been in that situation but he was ball watching as usual. TAA/Matip should have done better though I agree.

TAA would have stopped that goal regardless of Lovren if he tried to clear it instead if waiting for the linesman to do his job.

I believe Trent will improve by the way. I think the kid could actually force his way past clyne if he keeps up his performances.

I just get these cringe moments when I see people talk so badly about Moreno without even thinking that he has been our best left back since JAR. That's a sad thought of course but it's true.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,546 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

You've picked one incident with a young lad who is still learning his craft at this level.

He also scored a goal that helped us win the game.

Compare this to the litany of errors that Lovren and Moreno have made in their LFC careers.

Not just those that have led to goals, of which there are many but those mistimed tackles leading to penalties and free kicks, poor clearances, poor passing that have played our on team into trouble, numerous incidents of Moreno being in the wrong position, lack of communication with the keeper leading to confusion.

There is a pattern of that over 3 seasons that far outweigh TAA's error last night.

I do not see how any Liverpool supporter could be happy to have the two of them as our back four for the whole season and not want them replaced with better players.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

I'm definitely no expert in tactics and positioning, but there was one play last night where even I was thinking 'what's Moreno doing?'.

It was in the second half and a ball came in from left mid I think, towards our penalty area. Moreno was between his man and the goal, and he looked to see where his man was, and then started running, tracking the ball. He never went for the ball, and he never looked at his man again. It was like he assumed the ball was going out for a goal kick, and he was just going to follow it. So, he kept on running back towards the goal line, never once noticing that his man, who had been behind him, had cut inside and was actually going for the ball! Thankfully the Hoffenheim player miscontrolled it, but it was woeful to watch, like he decided to run a certain direction at a certain speed, no matter what the ball or the player was doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

jasonb wrote: »
    I'm definitely no expert in tactics and positioning, but there was one play last night where even I was thinking 'what's Moreno doing?'.

It was in the second half and a ball came in from left mid I think, towards our penalty area. Moreno was between his man and the goal, and he looked to see where his man was, and then started running, tracking the ball. He never went for the ball, and he never looked at his man again. It was like he assumed the ball was going out for a goal kick, and he was just going to follow it. So, he kept on running back towards the goal line, never once noticing that his man, who had been behind him, had cut inside and was actually going for the ball! Thankfully the Hoffenheim player miscontrolled it, but it was woeful to watch, like he decided to run a certain direction at a certain speed, no matter what the ball or the player was doing.

Moreno run fast. Moreno kick hard. Moreno GOOD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

tumblr_lgslohGKpp1qf55n8o1_400.gif
    TAA would have stopped that goal regardless of Lovren if he tried to clear it instead if waiting for the linesman to do his job.

I believe Trent will improve by the way. I think the kid could actually force his way past clyne if he keeps up his performances.

I just get these cringe moments when I see people talk so badly about Moreno without even thinking that he has been our best left back since JAR. That's a sad thought of course but it's true.
    :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,289 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Not linked to single player...depressing :(

Vicxas wrote: »
    "Reports in Spain"

Where's that truckload of salt i ordered

In other news we're linked with Lucas Moura too

For Moura, Draxler and Cavani I'd give them Coutinho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,181 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Isn't Moura great mates with Neymar?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

How about,no more attackers get signed untill we sign defensive upgrades,be it at dm ,cb,lb,...gk least urgent of those.

I'm good with that.

93GyHa.png

The main problem for the goal is at this point. The player has 6 options ahead of him and all the time in the world to pick one out. Mane not closing down the man quickly enough.

Lovren and Moreno both too deep allowing 2 players on side from the long ball.

The entire midfield ball watching.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ojo loan to Fulham official. Ojo sold to Fulham and Sessegnon in 30m move to Liverpool 2018!

Ojo loan to Fulham official. Ojo sold to Fulham and Sessegnon in 30m move to Liverpool 2018!

Welcome to yesterday.:P

Southampton have made an official bid for Lazio CB Wesley Hoedt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Large truck of salt please :

http://www.liverpool-rumours.co.uk/maccaliverpoolrumours.php

16 Aug 2017 12:44:43

The only info i have is as follows.

The Keita info is 100 percent correct, i know for a fact that he is looking for a property in the north west, a representative from the club has been in touch, why would that be the case if a deal wasnt close, this was last week and not before.

The general concensus within is VVD will still happen, again i believe it will.

The noise from within the club is that Coutinho will stay, but who knows what will happen if we sign the other 2?

The other player that also has a chance is the Ox, but wait and see.

It wouldnt suprise me if the club are wating to see if we qualify first before spending the money, very cynical of me but would not suprise me one bit.

We are very very short of quality within the squad and i would be amazed if things dont change before the end of August.

This is all the info i have, trust me i hope it happens, because we need it.

I am not ITK or on twitter or trying gain any form of notoriety, i just happen to know people, people who know .

And i get many things wrong, but i just pass on what i am told and i get told from top top people, trust me but the football world can change very very quickly .

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Macca.

Southampton have made an official bid for Lazio CB Wesley Hoedt.

If Southampton are being knobs about not selling VVD to us, we should genuinely just sign Hoedt.

1. He's actually fairly decent.
    2. Annoys Southampton more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Decent decent or decent playing in Italy decent?

Knex. wrote: »
    If Southampton are being knobs about not selling VVD to us, we should genuinely just sign Hoedt.

1. He's actually fairly decent.
    2. Annoys Southampton more.

We should put in a bid and leak it to the press. Just to see what happens.

Fieldog wrote: »
    Large truck of salt please :

http://www.liverpool-rumours.co.uk/maccaliverpoolrumours.php

16 Aug 2017 12:44:43

The only info i have is as follows.

The Keita info is 100 percent correct, i know for a fact that he is looking for a property in the north west, a representative from the club has been in touch, why would that be the case if a deal wasnt close, this was last week and not before.

The general concensus within is VVD will still happen, again i believe it will.

The noise from within the club is that Coutinho will stay, but who knows what will happen if we sign the other 2?

The other player that also has a chance is the Ox, but wait and see.

It wouldnt suprise me if the club are wating to see if we qualify first before spending the money, very cynical of me but would not suprise me one bit.

We are very very short of quality within the squad and i would be amazed if things dont change before the end of August.

This is all the info i have, trust me i hope it happens, because we need it.

I am not ITK or on twitter or trying gain any form of notoriety, i just happen to know people, people who know .

And i get many things wrong, but i just pass on what i am told and i get told from top top people, trust me but the football world can change very very quickly .

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Macca.

Hubris got us into the VvD mess. If anyone is still this confident at the club that he will sign, I'd be surprised. And worried, frankly, as at this stage we should just put in a bid and draw a line if we get rebuffed.

Sappy404 wrote: »
    We should put in a bid and leak it to the press. Just to see what happens.

Yeah 15 million plus 1 pound :pac:

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Decent decent or decent playing in Italy decent?

Probably Italy decent, tbh... He's not actually a guaranteed starter for Lazio, but he's relatively young yet. They just signed Wallace in the summer which is why they're likely to allow him to leave.

If we were really going for a Lazio defender you'd likely want it to be De Vrij, although his injury history is a worry. You could argue that De Vrij has shown more ability than VVD, tbh.

• Advertisement

Spurs signing Aurier from PSG. He'll fit nicely into that defence, although possibly a bit harsh on Trippier if he loses his spot (albeit injured at the moment). Kyle Walker-Peters was excellent at the weekend, too.

I'd actually kill for their defence, and the depth they have. Night and day to our own.

Southampton chairman saying VvD is not for sale this window. I hope the club takes him at his word and we move on - soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Keita dead, VVD dead, everyone is dead.

Time to move on like we should have weeks ago. Laporte would be who i would go for or bring sakho back

Liverpool fans. We never have it easy do we

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Keita dead, VVD dead, everyone is dead.

Moreno did it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Sappy404 wrote:
    Southampton chairman saying VvD is not for sale this window. I hope the club takes him at his word and we move on - soon.

Despite us being nailed on to sign him the way sky were talking we never even bid for Van Dijk.
    Club will probably sign nobody tbh.

Back in for him in January and maybe by then he will have some games under his belt and proved his fitness after being out for 8 months.

£60m on a lad who hasn't play through injury since January was always crazy.

• Advertisement

ERG89 wrote: »
    Club will probably sign nobody tbh.

:eek:

We'll sign someone surely.
    Klavan/Gomez 3rd choice CB with Matip & Lovren our starters heading into CL and PL campaigns, frightening.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement