Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Alert Barca have a press announcement at 7pm tonight to announce the signing of Phil just popped up on my phone

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Alert Barca have a press announcement at 7pm tonight to announce the signing of Phil just popped up on my phone

Announce Mahrez :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Announce Mahrez :P

It still wouldn't surprise me if it was Phil

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceEcho/status/903225616169885696

James Pearce‏:
    Coutinho situation unchanged. #LFC adamant (as they have been all summer) that he's staying put.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭dogbert27

martyos121 wrote: »
    Guardian journalist David Hytner:
    Southampton’s position over Virgil Van Dijk remains unequivocal. He is going nowhere today – not to Liverpool and not to any other top club. Liverpool have been unable to initiate any talks with Southampton in recent weeks, after the warning they got from the Premier League for tapping up Van Dijk earlier in the summer, and Southampton have certainly not gone to them. There has been zero contact between the clubs and that will remain the case today – it has to, in light of the sensitivity over the tapping-up – and it means that there is zero chance of a deal. Southampton remain confident of reintegrating Van Dijk into the team after the window shuts.

:(

But Liverpool got no warning from the Premier League! Southampton dropped the complaint and the Premier League said there was nothing to investigate because of that.

Liverpool did say that they wouldn't pursue VVD though so they tied their own hands in making a sole bid but they probably thought other clubs would make offers for him allowing Liverpool to legitimately make an offer.

Nothing has happened though and I don't expect Southampton to sell VVD this summer.

The reason we're not looking for an alternative though could be that VVD will be happy to play in the U23s up to December where the Saints board can say for the sake of the rest of squad they're accepting VVDs transfer request opening up the move to Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

"Liverpool have been unable to initiate any talks with Southampton in recent weeks, after the warning they got from the Premier League for tapping up Van Dijk earlier in the summer, and Southampton have certainly not gone to them. There has been zero contact between the clubs and that will remain the case today"

Looney that we haven't secured another CB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

dogbert27 wrote: »
    But Liverpool got no warning from the Premier League! Southampton dropped the complaint and the Premier League said there was nothing to investigate because of that.

Liverpool did say that they wouldn't pursue VVD though so they tied their own hands in making a sole bid but they probably thought other clubs would make offers for him allowing Liverpool to legitimately make an offer.

Nothing has happened though and I don't expect Southampton to sell VVD this summer.

The reason we're not looking for an alternative though could be that VVD will be happy to play in the U23s up to December where the Saints board can say for the sake of the rest of squad they're accepting VVDs transfer request opening up the move to Liverpool.

I say that could depend on tonights game if France one Netherlands or almost out of the World Cup, if Netherlands win they are right back in it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Fecking dominoes or is it musical chairs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

If Lemar's leaving at all I'm sure we can get him ahead of Arsenal. Starting to worry he's staying at Monaco though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Does this explain Arsenal's apparent firesale?

http://bit.ly/2vuog5P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

We need to send someone convincing down to Southampton to get this deal done, we need a bit of distraction negotiating where they simple can't resist the words '' yes yes, of course, what ever you say Ms'' and before they know it they have given him to us for 45m

04d439e526e0be5bd9da5acc5897e2a9--business-suits-business-women.jpg

I like your sister!:P

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

If Arsenal manage to sign Lemar that would absolutely suck after the past few days.

awec wrote: »
    If Arsenal manage to sign Lemar that would absolutely suck after the past few days.

One problem could be that Lemar is looking at Liverpools attack and wondering where does he fit in?

I have to say, I don't know how many more times I can read the we're definitely not selling Coutinho. It would be a massive climb down from the club now to sell him, and one that would undermine all the work to show that we're able to hang on to our big players and we're not just a feeder squad when the Spanish giants come calling (at least, not until the following year anyhow!).

So, assuming we're not being lied to, that means Coutinho is going nowhere, and can hopefully get his head down and reintegrate with the squad. I'd be interested in seeing his first interview/quotes to the club, to see if the transfer request etc. is mentioned/explained away etc.

So, if nothing else changes, I think it's a decent window. The glaring issue is defence, so getting VVD (which I really don't think is going to happen) would make it a great window, and getting Lemar (which, you never know, could happen) would also be great, though not as great as VVD. But realistically I think our business is done, apart from maybe selling someone. We've strengthened the squad well, but just not in the places we'd have specifically liked to have strengthened!

https://twitter.com/MelissaReddy_/status/903237566257926145

Melissa's reply to a tweet saying 'Coutinho will move against your nose', she says

'Don't really think against my nose is where he wants to move'

Maybe not against her nose, am I right, am I right? ;) I'll get my coat...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,139 ✭✭✭flanzer

I'm hoping tonight emotions, watching Transfer Center come 11pm, will be like watching Liverpool v Newcastle at Anfield back in 1996! Everything will go down to the wire. I hope it's the outcomes we all want

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

We were electric in attack last season and awful in defence. So we sign a striker, 2 attacking midfielders and a full back? Doesn't make sense. Our defensive frailties will cost us this season.

jasonb wrote: »
    I have to say, I don't know how many more times I can read the we're definitely not selling Coutinho. It would be a massive climb down from the club now to sell him, and one that would undermine all the work to show that we're able to hang on to our big players and we're not just a feeder squad when the Spanish giants come calling (at least, not until the following year anyhow!).

So, assuming we're not being lied to, that means Coutinho is going nowhere, and can hopefully get his head down and reintegrate with the squad. I'd be interested in seeing his first interview/quotes to the club, to see if the transfer request etc. is mentioned/explained away etc.

So, if nothing else changes, I think it's a decent window. The glaring issue is defence, so getting VVD (which I really don't think is going to happen) would make it a great window, and getting Lemar (which, you never know, could happen) would also be great, though not as great as VVD. But realistically I think our business is done, apart from maybe selling someone. We've strengthened the squad well, but just not in the places we'd have specifically liked to have strengthened!

Suarez went to the media to force through his move to arsenal sure and he came back from it just fine. He doesn't have to say anything Coutinho just perform. Fans will always welxome back top players.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Tusky wrote: »
    We were electric in attack last season and awful in defence. So we sign a striker, 2 attacking midfielders and a full back? Doesn't make sense. Our defensive frailties will cost us this season.

2-4-4 baby!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

So, a slow morning so far...

DAMASK/ROSE ARGO and TERRAIN

...awaits Crossword update.

Tusky wrote: »

Up till Christmas we were and maybe the last month. We also really struggled to break down 10 men behind the ball, the signings made are absolutely necessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Arsenal have bid £90m for Lemar, apparently. According to the mail though, so you know.

ElTel wrote: »
    So, a slow morning so far...

DAMASK/ROSE ARGO and TERRAIN

...awaits Crossword update.

Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Darmok, his eyes wide!

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    Arsenal have bid £90m for Lemar, apparently. According to the mail though, so you know.

Haha I said it yesterday by buying Ox we'll have funded their move for Lemar.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

I can't believe Lemar is taking a 100% Champions League reduction to go to Arsenal.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

Vicxas wrote: »
    Darmok, his eyes wide!

Shaka, when the walls fell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

spockety wrote: »
    Shaka, when the walls fell.

What the hell are you guys talking about...

Darmok, his eyes wide!

Darmok and Jalad on the ocean hopefully after a good transfer day!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

rob316 wrote: »
    Haha I said it yesterday by buying Ox we'll have funded their move for Lemar.
    Grayditch wrote: »
    I can't believe Lemar is taking a 100% Champions League reduction to go to Arsenal.

Just read an article that says Lemar has told Monaco he wants to play under Klopp. Hopefully its true and we push it across the finish line.

Swansea signed Renato Sanches on Loan for a year, great move for them

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Arms open.....and the walls fell :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Must say Im not that familiar with Lemar, have only seen him play a couple of times. What would he bring to us? And could he just be a one season wonder or do people think he is beyond that given the level he has played at?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Big rumours of Arsenal going all in for Lemar to replace Sanchez. If Monaco are willing to let him leave then I'll be hugely disappointed if he goes to Arsenal ahead of us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

ElTel wrote: »
    Arms open.....and the walls fell :)
    Lemar, his arms wide.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Dickerty wrote: »
    Klopp and Van Dijk at Blackpool.

Talisman wrote: »

Van Dijk, his eyes wide.

Klopp, when the walls fell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Is the source of these Lemar to Arsenal claims that's Ballague tweet by any chance?

If Arsenal get a bid accepted for Lemar, I wonder would Liverpool immediately match it, regardless of how high it is. They've already put in the ground work and it would also prevent a rival from strengthening.

Interesting to see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Dickerty wrote: »
    Trekkers, obscure dialogue from an episode of TNG?

Come on, Dickerty, catch up!

Talisman wrote: »

Van Dijk, his eyes wide.

Klopp, when the walls fell.

Liverpool, their arms wide open

Southampton, at rest.

Overall,

Zima at Anzo. :(

Carlton Cole spotted at Melwood

RoboKlopp wrote: »

Along with Darren Bent?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Just read an article that says Lemar has told Monaco he wants to play under Klopp.

Jaysus, it's confirmed.

OPUNqIR.jpg

Along with Darren Bent?

Anbody spot the Babel copter?

That is absolutely glorious

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not good enough, they need to find the extra £75k for Clint Dempsey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Sappy404 wrote: »

No change from during the match then ;)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement