Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

If Arsenal offer £90m for Lemar I'd love it if we offered £90m+£1 just to piss them off :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Looking like another transfer window of dissapointment under FSG. I look forward to the usual cult of FSG to defend the leaders.

In the words of Nate Diaz "I'm not surprised mother****ers"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

Trekkers, obscure dialogue from an episode of TNG?

Come on, Dickerty, catch up!

I'm too old for TNG, I remember the original ST!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

ricero wrote: »
    Looking like another transfer window of dissapointment under FSG. I look forward to the usual cult of FSG to defend the leaders.

FSG are at fault because Klopp had no alternative to VVD?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Dickerty wrote: »
    I'm too old for TNG, I remember the original ST!

TNG began 30 years ago, did you stop watching all tv in 1987 :)

• Advertisement

I didn't see you post much when we signed Kieta but your back again that things have slowed down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Carlton Cole spotted at Melwood

Fúck you 2010.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

To be fair the club deserve every bit of stick they get considering they leaked stores at the beginning and very end of the transfer window about how much Liverpool were going to spend. Once you do that you have to deliver or you look like knobheads.

Never over promise and under deliver.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    TNG began 30 years ago, did you stop watching all tv in 1987 :)

I was off after the girls then! ;)

No, I actually just never really followed it, but still preferred the quirkyness of the original...

• Advertisement

Fieldog wrote: »

Does that mean another attacker in? A lot riding on Sturridge staying fit, and Ings stepping up...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Pretty happy that Origi gets his loan move....hope he plays every week.

A CB turns this transfer window into a very good one IMO.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Does that mean another attacker in? A lot riding on Sturridge staying fit, and Ings stepping up...

Firmino/Danny/Ings/Solanke and probably Mané can cover in a pinch....think we'll have enough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Hmmm, Origi gone, Ings wanted by Newcastle it looks like the whole season will be based on the Attack of the No 10s directed by Jurgen Klopp (with special guest appearances by Daniel Sturridge and Dominick Solanke).

Today looks like a case of over-ambition in the market.

Origi deal includes clause to recall him in Jan if required, and no purchase clause. So LFC hold all the cards there!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭ratracer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,337 ✭✭✭jasonb

dogbert27 wrote: »
    Darmok and Jalad at Tanagra!

I can't give enough thanks for this and the ensuing posts... :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Did we ever even bid for van dijk ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Reports saying no.

I'm not sure, but I don't think so? We had to back down and apologise, before we did right?

I've been saying it the last few days, I expect no progress on Van Dijk today, neither club has made any positive noises about it in weeks, it's only been the press who have kept the possibility of it happening alive. LFC and Southampton have had the same stance for ages: LCF - We've ended our interest, Southampton - He's not for sale

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

My understanding is no bid was made for VVD, Saints made a complaint before we could do anything and Liverpool then issued the apology.

Since then VVD has:
    -told the club he wants a move
    -Sat in a plane to put pressure on the club and make it public
    -was photographed in a London office
    -Sacked his agent as he was not working to get him the deal he wanted

-and if you can believe the Dutch press....
    he is piddled off that the Saints sacked his Dutch boss (who he shared his agent with) He signed his new contract with the understanding that the Saints were building a team for the then boss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Sappy404 wrote: »

Should free up Lemar.

Hopefully not for Arsenal.

Speaking of which, did we send the Babelcopter to get VVD?

Pinch of salt here but this guy who appears to work at the club is saying everything is done for VvD bar the deal with Southampton.

https://twitter.com/LFCZA/status/903266714246422528

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Pinch of salt here but this guy who appears to work at the club is saying everything is done for VvD bar the deal with Southampton.

I'm not sure what that means? Everything is done bar the deal with Southampton? Isn't that the most important part? What else could be done apart from that?

So nothing done then...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

We certainly shouldn't have everything done with a player we haven't gained the rights to speak to.

• Advertisement

jasonb wrote: »
    I'm not sure what that means? Everything is done bar the deal with Southampton? Isn't that the most important part? What else could be done apart from that?

His contract has been agreed and he's had a medical. Did you read his post?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 5,495 Mod ✭✭✭✭spockety

jasonb wrote: »

Maybe Southampton said "sure, talk to him all you like and do a medical if you want... hell, why don't you even prepare a contract with the guy? LOL".

Maybe LFC didn't hear the LOL.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Wish I could just sleep until 11. In 7 hours we could break our record transfer fee twice more this summer, or get nobody.

He can't have a medical without agreeing that with Southampton. We already had to apologize for making an illegal approach, what would we have to do for doing a medical without permission?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

VVD on his way!

He can't have a medical without agreeing that with Southampton. We already had to apologize for making an illegal approach, what would we have to do for doing a medical without permission?

Risky alright. Is he away with the Dutch squad maybe?

• Advertisement

Maybe the Dutch national team said....do a medical for us and the results were sent onto Liverpool to keep VVD happy and support him...

Similar to Couts wonder cure once he hit Brazilian training.

• Administrators Posts: 54,111 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    We certainly shouldn't have everything done with a player we haven't gained the rights to speak to.

Not uncommon for players to go for medicals and talk personal terms on deadline day before the transfer details have been properly worked out between the two clubs.

I read the post, read the tweet, didn't click on any other links in the tweet, and now I can't get into the tweet (does that mean it's deleted?).

As others have said, some stuff can't be done until the deal with Southampton, so until that's done, there's very little else we can do.

Unless, of course, he means that it's all been agreed but not signed yet, but that's not what the tweet said...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Six million for origi is good. When I saw it first I thought Liverpool would be paying his wages but no wolfsburg are paying his wages on top of that

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

I'm sure there have been conversations with his agent, and some numbers were thrown about. Impossible to police, really

• Advertisement

I'm sure there have been conversations with his agent, and some numbers were thrown about. Impossible to police, really

VVD sacked his agent last week....

sword1 wrote: »
    Six million for origi is good. When I saw it first I thought Liverpool would be paying his wages but no wolfsburg are paying his wages on top of that

Yep, it's a good deal, €6m, they pay wages, we can take him back in Jan and no option for them to buy in June, suits us very well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Not too confident we'll sign anybody else now, tbh. That said, I'm off to lose my mind in a field for three days, so happy out.

VVD sacked his agent last week....

But probably not before his agent relayed those figures to him.

Knex. wrote: »
    Not too confident we'll sign anybody else now, tbh. That said, I'm off to lose my mind in a field for three days, so happy out.

Man, messing with Silage is a bad idea.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

I'm still rattled from the Keita deal. That's basically led me to believe that while this club is very quick to fcuk up they're also capable of some quiet deals.

But probably not before his agent relayed those figures to him.

Dutch lad here in my office says he sacked his agent because he was speaking to the wrong clubs and not working in his interests.

Funny also was Klopp on Sky Sports News Germany earlier where he said....I dont know why but players want to come here and play for me. That helps but you cannot force the clubs to sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Hasn't that been the case since the start of the summer but of course they don't want to sell... :(

Someone asking was VVD away with the Dutch team?

He was in Southampton training this morning according to SSN and was driven away in a black van around 1...

I'm still rattled from the Keita deal. That's basically led me to believe that while this club is very quick to fcuk up they're also capable of some quiet deals.

90% of what Klopp does is quiet transfer wise.....he only leaks things if he thinks it will help him somewhere else

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

VVD ain't happening lads. Why would Southampton bother dealing with us?

Southampton will try to integrate him back in, and maybe hold off on having to get rid for one more season.

The most likely transfer activity is Coutinho leaving.

If that's the last action this window, then it's been a bad one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement