Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Funny that Arsenal have just done what some here keep accusing FSG of doing this summer, pretending to put in huge bids and then pulling out, just to make it look like they want to spend money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

So then is it really player wants CL football and Arsenal saving face? Looks like it - it takes no time to agree a deal in principle.

Looks like the clubs had a deal and the player turned the move down.

I mean a deal was agreed 30 minutes ago and suddenly it's all off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

I think they looked at the deal - it would have cost them €40M and Sanchez out to City, so not worth it. Now they have 6 months to convince Sanchez to sign a new deal, or he's signing for us on a free next summer! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Dickerty wrote: »
    I think they looked at the deal - it would have cost them €40M and Sanchez out to City money, so not worth it. Now they have 6 months to convince Sanchez to sign a new deal, or he's signing for us on a free next summer! :)

FYP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,182 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Arsenal might think that Liverpool wont pay €100m and Lemar could be available later on. They might be right. They've basically set the (mental) price and walked off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Palace agreed fee with Man City for Mangala, looks like Sakho is staying

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Arsenal might think that Liverpool wont pay €100m and Lemar could be available later on. They might be right. They've basically set the (mental) price and walked off.

I really doubt they agreed a fee with the club and then just decided not to sign him, chances are the player rejected the deal.

I think they looked at the deal - it would have cost them €40M and Sanchez out to City, so not worth it. Now they have 6 months to convince Sanchez to sign a new deal, or he's signing for us on a free next summer! :)

I think the player doesn't want to go there, it's a bad time for them with poor performances, a manager who most fans want gone and the owner doesn't seem very interested. It doesn't make them very attractive to players, Liverpool on the other hand look good on the pitch, have a great manager and fsg and linda, enough said

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

rob316 wrote: »
    Palace agreed fee with Man City for Mangala, looks like Sakho is staying

Hopefully Pullis' ears are burning....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Where is this 175 million pounds that joyce said we are willing to spend today ?

ricero wrote: »
    Where is this 175 million pounds that joyce said we are willing to spend today ?

Maybe make that statement when the window closes?

Maybe make that statement when the window closes?

he will :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Six hours left everyone...who's up for a crossword!

That or a chat about why DS9 was far superior to TNG in terms of character development and story arcs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

https://www.pscp.tv/w/1YpJkmWbDNNKj

Some lad live streaming the outside of Melwood on periscope...

Apparently he was talking to a man who says VVD is in Liverpool town centre...

LOL, there's dedication right there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭Dickerty

YAWN

They are willing to spend on both Lemar and VVD. But not €100M for Lemar, and Soton not budging on VVD.

What would you have them do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,296 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

J Mysterio wrote: »
    He's joined what? What's the point of that? Send him to the SPL or Championship.

To knock Everton out of the Europa League of course

Augeo wrote: »
    he will :pac:

He'll be asleep by then, always is gone early, thank God. You will have to wait till tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

YAWN

They are willing to spend on both Lemar and VVD. But not €100M for Lemar, and Soton not budging on VVD.

What would you have them do?

Just spend it on anyone it doesn't matter of course! 175m on winston Reid will do grand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

i can see the appeal for lfc for attacking players tbh

175m to spend, sell Sakho for 25m and trigger Chewy's release clause. Offer him whatever wages Sakho was on combined with whatever we'd offer to VVD and Lemar.

He still won't sign but dammit I want some drama!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Time to get Gerrard texting!

Pearce reporting that "Barring a dramatic late turn of events, Jurgen Klopp will end the summer window with four new recruits in Mohamed Salah, Andy Robertson, Dominic Solanke and Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, as well as having Naby Keita wrapped up for next summer."

Dramatic late turn of events it is then!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Apparently, the Monaco manager, Jardim, said something along the lines of "enough is enough" with regards to the sales. Can't argue with the man there, to be fair.

Knex. wrote: »
    Apparently, the Monaco manager, Jardim, said something along the lines of "enough is enough" with regards to the sales. Can't argue with the man there, to be fair.

Not sure what to believe then considering a deal was said to be agreed with Arsenal for the player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

*Monitoring Intensifies*

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

This is clearly the lull before the storm. Coutinho will go...last minute flurry then and throw the cash at Lemar & Southampton. As we have no other choice :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

That's it for me, I think. If I come back later and there's a Lemar or a Van Dijk, happy days.

A poor to average transfer window if things remain the same. A huge missed opportunity i feel.

when will people wake up and realize that our owners are unambitious and holding us back ?

Grayditch wrote: »
    That's it for me, I think. If I come back later and there's a Lemar or a Van Dijk, happy days.

jumping-the-shark.gif

• Advertisement

Grayditch wrote: »

Even if one of them does turn up out of the blue, it still might not go well.

A wild Lemar appears

FSG use Lowball

ricero fainted

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

If that's it then it's vital we keep Coutinho imo. If we sell him now without any more signings then I'd actually say it's a bad window, losing your best player and none of the players we've bought are quite at his level in their own respective positions.

If Coutinho stays then overall the window is decent.

With Keita coming next Summer it will soften the blow of Coutinho leaving in 10 months time. And maybe then revisit the idea of Lemar or someone along those lines.

Gutted that we didn't get VVD, assuming it's not gonna happen now. Hopefully go back in Jan for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Sadly doesn't look like there'll be players today, never believe :(:pac:

Nice little video of Salah's goal on Sunday to tide us over:

https://twitter.com/asxlfc/status/903010150482628608

EDIT: didn't notice until now it was already posted. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

ricero wrote:

I'd go for Sanchez by bidding 55 million & 1 pound tbh :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

A poor to average transfer window if things remain the same. A huge missed opportunity i feel.

when will people wake up and realize that our owners are unambitious and holding us back ?

Give it a ****ing rest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

Not signing a centre-half is absolutely negligent. No other way to dress it up. Should have been number one priority. Now with more games than we had last season we have to put up with Lovren until at least January and if a centre-half gets injured (and they will as both of them regularly pick up niggles) we have Klavan starting a lot of games. Has the potential to sink our season.

No sign of Flanagan & Markovic going anywhere if they want to play football they need to look for clubs themselves before 11pm by the looks of it.

redzerdrog wrote: »
    Give it a ****ing rest

Why ?

i speak the truth. this window has been a massive failure to kick on imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,750 ✭✭✭redzerdrog

Why ?

Repeating the same ****e every 3 hours doesn't make it true. Everyone knows what you think you have posted the same hyperbolic rubbish constantly for months.

Give it a rest

• Advertisement

Balague just on SSN and said Liverpool were never interested in Lemar and never made a bid and all of this was coming from his agent not Liverpool.

How does this lad still get paid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Why ?

Go outside :) You are one note, deranged almost. You seem to have no shades of grey no contextual appreciation - it's all full on with you. Life isn't like that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

martyos121 wrote: »
    Nice little video of Salah's goal on Sunday to tide us over:

https://twitter.com/asxlfc/status/903010150482628608

EDIT: didn't notice until now it was already posted. :o

https://streamable.com/nkvzr

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Lads ignore doesnt work if ye quote them!!!!

Kieta has scored in the qualifier. Seemingly a cracking goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭ardinn

Is that game being played in 1986???

Sakho is actually going to Palace finally. £26m says Joyce.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Kloppo, please go buy a CB...

(and yes, Klopp - not FSG - Klopp. It's entirely 100% on him.)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement