Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Poor enough window. Salah will likely be a very good signing, Solanke has potential but don't think he'll make a huge impact this year, Robertson and Ox could go either way.

I Cannot believe we haven't bought a defender. You can call the dissenting voices whingers all you want, but that's sheer incompetence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

That is a poor deal.

We really have only 3 CB's. Gomez has played more as a full back. Matip is injury prone. Lovren is an accident waiting to happen.
    Klavan is a solid squad option but not a starter.

Think we should have kept Sakho he was superb at Palace & was excellent under Klopp as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

ardinn wrote: »
    Is that game being played in 1986???

Fcuking hope so, we won the league that year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭Speak Now

ardinn wrote: »
    Is that game being played in 1986???

Different class!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Poor enough window. Salah will likely be a very good signing, Solanke has potential but don't think he'll make a huge impact this year, Robertson and Ox could go either way.

I Cannot believe we haven't bought a defender. You can call the dissenting voices whingers all you want, but that's sheer incompetence.

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭ssshhh123

Sky sports say sahko to palace 26m

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

CB :P

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

People can bitch & moan and say the owners are great but a window of Salah, Solanke, Robertson & Ox is pretty underwhelming, especially after last season and champions league this year. Keita is for next year & is not a factor right now.

There is a league there to be won FFS yet here we are p****in around. No central defender bought & Sakho sold. Someone draw up a list of all the players we've 'been in for' since FSG landed? Go on I dare ya

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Was that recorded on a potato :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Sakho sold and no replacement.

Hmmmmmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

sakho is gone,surley we have vvd,would be utter madness to let him go and not get in another cb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,340 ✭✭✭Ardent

Well played by Palace. Make it look like they were about to sign Mangala and then get Sakho for a keen 26M.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

ricero wrote: »
    Why ?

i speak the truth. this window has been a massive failure to kick on imo

Our owners will buy who our manager wants, where feasible. Is Klopp holding us back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Vicxas wrote: »
    Sakho sold and no replacement.

Hmmmmmmmmm

Oh no, how ever will we replace a lad who didn't make one appearance for us last season?

People can bitch & moan and say the owners are great but a window of Salah, Solanke, Robertson & Ox is pretty underwhelming, especially after last season and champions league this year. Keita is for next year & is not a factor right now.

There is a league there to be won FFS yet here we are p****in around. No central defender bought & Sakho sold. Someone draw up a list of all the players we've 'been in for' since FSG landed? Go on I dare ya

Nobody cares. We know the problems at the club, it does nothing to post the same whingy comments every few hours.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭rob316

so with 26m for Sakho and loan fee of 6m for origi, what's our net spend?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Balague just on SSN and said Liverpool were never interested in Lemar and never made a bid and all of this was coming from his agent not Liverpool.

That's insane. What about our two very public bids in one day???

I use to like him

Nobody cares. We know the problems at the club, it does nothing to post the same whingy comments every few hours.

ITK In Lalaland says we'll sign Lemar for 100million before the deadline close! Great news! Happy now

ITK In Lalaland says we'll sign Lemar for 100million before the deadline close! Great news! Happy now

Just because someone isn't constantly crying about the bullshít all day doesn't mean they've got their head buried in the sand.

Istvan kozma is coming out of retirement,sign him up quick

• Advertisement

I fail to believe we won't bring in a CB.

Surely it can't be VVD or nobody

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Just because someone isn't constantly crying about the bullshít all day doesn't mean they've got their head buried in the sand.

But if you don't shout the loudest people won't know

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Ins

Salah 39m
    Solanke Free
    Chamberlain 35m
    Robertson 10m

=84m

Outs

Origi 6m
    Lucas 5m
    Sakho 26m
    Stewart 6m
    Wisdom 2m

=45m

So we have spent this summer about 39m net.

I hardly ever reference FSG or crying as you call it. This is an under-whelming transfer window. No whinging just a fact. Sorry if its not what you want to hear

MD1990 wrote: »
    Ins

Salah 39m
    Solanke Free
    Chamberlain 35m
    Robertson 10m

=84m

Outs

Origi 6m
    Lucas 5m
    Sakho 26m
    Stewart 6m
    Wisdom 2m

=45m

Could be. - £100m tomorrow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Can't believe FSG made another profit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

Been an average window. Positives and negatives cancel each other out imo:
    Positives: 
    Salah for what is cheap in todays market. He's been incredible so far.
    Solanke is potential for feck all money
    Robertson is cheap bolstering of left back position.
    Ox: Paid over the odds for him but I do rate him as a player. He wouldn't be offered 180,000 a week if he wasn't highly rated by Wenger. 
    Negatives: Once again Liverpool have gone through another transfer window without addressing the area that most needs fixing. Defence is brutal and will continue to be brutal with Matip and Lovren leading the back line. Shocking that no centre back was brought in given the funds that were available and it's utter horsepoo to say VVD is the only centre back in the world that would be a good fit at Liverpool. Gonna be another season of having to score **** loads of goals to do well because there will be feck all clean sheets.

magma69 wrote: »
    Gonna be another season of having to score **** loads of goals to do well because there will be feck all clean sheets.

7 in our last 9 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭S. Goodspeed

Chasing players at clubs which dont want to sell and more importantly don't need to sell really seems like a complete waste of time, hard to imagine there isnt a player as good as Lemar out there at a club which isnt as flush with cash as Monaco is right now after selling half their team. Same with Red Bull & Southampton (to a lesser extent).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,980 ✭✭✭doc_17

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Could be. - £100m tomorrow

I still think this is a very really likelihood.

I'm still underwhelmed by the Oxlade thing. And the story about him taking less money at Liverpool is probably BS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Solanke will cost £10m+ when the tribunal price comes in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,500 ✭✭✭Dick phelan

For 100m let Arsenal have Lemar personally wasn't mad on breaking our transfer record for a player we don't really need, we need a top class CB if we're going to spend 75-100m spend it in an area we badly need someone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

FSG in.

MD1990 wrote: »
    Ins

Salah 39m
    Solanke Free
    Chamberlain 35m
    Robertson 10m

=84m

Outs

Origi 6m
    Lucas 5m
    Sakho 26m
    Stewart 6m
    Wisdom 2m

=45m

We also spent atleast 50m on keita

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

CB in too (please)

• Advertisement

doc_17 wrote: »
    I still think this is a very really likelihood.

I'm still underwhelmed by the Oxlade thing. And the story about him taking less money at Liverpool is probably BS

Well he was offered 180k per week by arsenal to stay there is no chance we offered close to that.

Ah shut up Vinny O'Connor. Tell us we're signing Reus at least, don't care how true it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Ornstein has said lemar said no to arsenal,so Sanchez is not leaving,so lemar ain't going to them..

So Barca, ourselves have a heap of cash and yet to spend it, something should happen right!! At one of those clubs

We wont be signing anyone before this window shuts and if that is the case it's a very poor window,for a team with Klopp and cl football it's shockingly bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,510 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Barca apparently tweeted welcome Coutinho tweet?

Then deleted it? Or is the picture doing the rounds fake?

• Advertisement

shamrock55 wrote: »
    We wont be signing anyone before this window shuts and if that is the case it's a very poor window,for a team with Klopp and cl football it's shockingly bad

Careful now with this negativity

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭ballyargus

the lack of a centre back is the only thing that worries me. Overall we have made good buys in Robertson, Solank, AOC and an excellent buy in Salah.

It's a shame to have lost Lucas. Sakho was never going to play for us again. Origi has made a move that suits all 3 parties for now. Wisdom and Stewart were both out of rope at the club.

I think it's a better squad now than it was pre-summer but it's lacking the depth I had hoped we'd acquire for the challenges ahead this season.

Let's not forget we've secured Keita long term

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

shamrock55 wrote: »

Will certainly be quite annoyed at Klopp for leaving an obvious weak spot unfilled two summers in a row. Last summer LB, this summer CB. In both cases, we probably need 2 rather than one, so even if we just got a good solid mainstay backup option now and waited for his first choice later, that would be fine.

There is simply no way Matip and Lovren will both be fit to play the minimum 44 high-importance fixtures we have this year, not even counting domestic cups. I'd say at least 10 of those games will feature a different centre back pairing - and that pairing will be pretty weak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

The CB situation is fairly shocking.....to leave it as it is makes no sense to me anyway.....Spend 35M on midfielder/attacker/WB, leave a 26M CB go and not strengthen CB is almost ridiculous. Matip/Lovren/Klavan/Gomez as cover at CB will cost us points at some stage.......I trust Klopp but its hard to defend that decision. If it doesn't work out I'll have no sympathy for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,629 ✭✭✭magma69

magma69 wrote: »
    Gonna be another season of having to score **** loads of goals to do well because there will be feck all clean sheets.

7 in our last 9 games.
    I guarantee you we will concede more league goals than United, City, Chelsea and Spurs.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Will certainly be quite annoyed at Klopp for leaving an obvious weak spot unfilled two summers in a row. Last summer LB, this summer CB. In both cases, we probably need 2 rather than one, so even if we just got a good solid mainstay backup option now and waited for his first choice later, that would be fine.

There is simply no way Matip and Lovren will both be fit to play the minimum 44 high-importance fixtures we have this year, not even counting domestic cups. I'd say at least 10 of those games will feature a different centre back pairing - and that pairing will be pretty weak.

I agree that we need a CB now, and I felt the same way about the LB situation last summer, but Klopp did prove people wrong with Milner at LB. Towards the end of the season he definitely ran out of steam (along with the rest of the squad) but Milner at LB worked.

Think I have it cracked;

Thirty minutes into the France match this evening, we make our move for Lemar. Bid accepted at the close of half-time, Lemar is informed. Sixty minutes in, a gust of wind whirls above the Stade de France and loud whirring noises. What's that you say? Why it's the Babelcopter of course! Swoops down and lands on the pitch, as Lemar jumps in. Gini hops on as well because his national team are crap now and hey, free lift back to Melwood, flights are costly anyway. They all take off, Lemar signs his contract mid-flight and they eventually land at Melwood, though the slight breeze created by the rotors knocks Sturridge over and rules him out for the season. And so we recall Origi.

The transfer withdrawal is fcuking me up lads. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

I agree that we need a CB now, and I felt the same way about the LB situation last summer, but Klopp did prove people wrong with Milner at LB. Towards the end of the season he definitely ran out of steam (along with the rest of the squad) but Milner at LB worked.

Milner at LB was definitely a success, but it's still the same situation as now - beyond the first choice option (Milner last season at LB, and Matip/Lovren this year at CB), there's a sudden drop in quality that instantly increases the chances of us dropping points.

I didn't trust Milner at LB last summer, and wanted 2 options in - but would have been content to have Milner and one solid alternative. Same now, i'd rather Lovren be replaced in the starting lineup, but i'd be content with a solid alternative.

Our performances did suffer last year for not being able to rotate Milner, and the same will happen this year, except in an even more vital position.

Just can't see where Klopp is coming from on this. I mean, he obviously sees this too, since he was trying to buy a world class CB. I just don't get why no other CB in the world was considered a viable alternative. Klavan isn't going to improve, he's 31. So the only hope really is that Gomez shows a level of quality and consistency at centre back that he hasn't shown before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,548 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I just don’t get how our squad has less players now than last season after everyone said it we needed more depth as we’re in the Champion’s League.

Salah is a great signing as is Keita for next year but the rest are unknown quantities at this stage.
    They couldn’t turn out great but could fail too.

Going into next season with Lovren and Moreno as mainstays of our backline is going to cost us. Especially if we have title ambitions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Pity ox isn't a bit taller cb is about the only position he hasn't played.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement