Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,930 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

martyos121 wrote: »
    If we sell Coutinho on top of all that, we're sending you back to the club's London office with a very different purpose Coulson...

If anyone else is in London and wants to call in the office it's right there on Torrington pl off Tottenham Court Road just about where Akira is in the pinned building. :P

https://www.google.ie/maps/place/Habitat+Tottenham+Court+Road/@51.5213944,-0.1348669,20.25z/data=!3m1!5s0x48761b2eb64343f7:0x5f4d433e861df8dc!4m12!1m6!3m5!1s0x48761b2eb15bb371:0xa8c229252bc208de!2sHeal's!8m2!3d51.5211364!4d-0.1346757!3m4!1s0x0:0x7bc748735a40c529!8m2!3d51.5214273!4d-0.1347113

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

Given our recent history of transfer negotiations, you'd have to be a right dumb-arse to think we could make 2 major signings in a 24 hour deadline. I'm guilty of dumb-arsery, unfortunately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,394 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Vvd is on

No he's not... It's all doom and gloom... FSG out

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Mangala on loan would have been interesting to look at over the season. He was very good at Valencia .

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

Done deal at Liverpool!

Andy Hunter Andy Hunter
    Liverpool winger Ryan Kent has become the latest young British player to move abroad - joining Bundesliga side Freiburg on a season-long loan. The 20-year-old enjoyed a fine pre-season with Jurgen Klopp’s first team but needs more regular experience and the thought at Liverpool is that a year in Germany can only benefit his development. Germany’s transfer window closed at 5pm GMT but all the paperwork was completed and registered in time.

----

The headline had my heart going!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

ricero wrote: »
    Is paul joyce a spoofer ? where was he going saying last night that the club were to spend 175 million pounds today ?

Its **** like this that brings out the anger in us supporters when we are let down again in a transfer window

Why do you place so much faith in what a journalist speculates about and then blame another party (usually FSG) when the journalists crystal ball predictions don't come true?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Vvd is on

If thats a deliberate wind-up, I hope you get hemorrhoids up your berlin!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,042 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

To be honest, i'd be quite happy to nip in on Palace's pre-Sakho move and get Mangala. He's a better player than he's shown at City, and had a very good season last year with Valencia.

City want his wages off the books so might even go in for some loan-with-option shenanigans.

<edit> 3 minutes after Toby :-/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭osnola ibax

Ah well, pity, VVD was the one signing we all really wanted. He's a wall, let's face it but not to be.

We are defensively much better against top 6 opposition because defenders are constantly on, but when we are trying to break down weaker teams, we seem to fall asleep at the back. Hopefully a. We can score more goals and b. we remain concentrated at the back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,582 ✭✭✭mormank

Sky Sports at it's finest. :D:rolleyes:
    BREAKING NEWS

Liverpool defender Ryan Kent has joined German side SC Freiburg on a season-long loan.

Do they even check anything before they repost it these days? They really have gone to the dogs with all their clickbait. :eek:

• Advertisement

Fcuk this I'm going out for pints.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool winger Ryan Kent has become the latest young British player to move abroad - joining Bundesliga side Freiburg on a season-long loan. The 20-year-old enjoyed a fine pre-season with Jurgen Klopp’s first team but needs more regular experience and the thought at Liverpool is that a year in Germany can only benefit his development. Germany’s transfer window closed at 5pm GMT but all the paperwork was completed and registered in time.

This is becoming a big thing now - there is a stream of U23s heading to Germany in particular to get regular football and obviously they'll pick up some good coaching as well. Klopp ready so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Chicken korma

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Would have liked a couple of loan deals for CB and LB .Nothing to lose with such deals.

This is becoming a big thing now - there is a stream of U23s heading to Germany in particular to get regular football and obviously they'll pick up some good coaching as well. Klopp ready so to speak.

I think in a social sense it's good for players around that age to live abroad for a wee while anyway. Provide a little perspective of the world... English football culture has always been far too insular.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭Fromvert

Get to January and

League - be in the mix at the top
    CL - get out of the group
    League Cup - what's this? Play the kids, don't care about it this year, causes too much fixture congestion in January if you go deep.

The squad can achieve that and then you schmooze and mend the relationship with Southampton when they come to Anfield in November and sort out a deal for January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    Chicken korma

You're in early tonight Jesus. Only misery in here. :(

Jesus Wept wrote: »
    Chicken korma

A feed of Guinness is about to be had.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Fcuk this I'm going out for pints.

Paul Joyce tweeted that pints might be free tonight. Be sure to blame him in the morning when they're not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Great move for Ryan Kent.
    Bundesliga will be interesting with Origi,Kent & Keita all playing there next season.

Would have liked a couple of loan deals for CB and LB .Nothing to lose with such deals.

I don't think loans would be something Klopp would be interested in (rightly or wrongly). Seems like a guy who wants to develop players that are here for the long term.

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭MentalMario

Fromvert wrote: »
    Get to January and

League Cup - what's this? Play the kids, don't care about it this year, causes too much fixture congestion in January if you go deep.

The squad can achieve that and then you schmooze and mend the relationship with Southampton when they come to Anfield in November and sort out a deal for January.

Pie in the sky stuff. Klopp hasn't bought in January, yet, at Liverpool.

Poor transfer window so far. No two ways about it.

Augeo wrote: »
    Lucas played at CB a bit last season.... doubt ox or milner will

Grujic and or Gomez, neither of whom played any PL minutes (IIRC) last season are more than capable of playing the amount of CB that Lucas played last year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Maybe Gomez can step up as a CB this season.
    Has great pace & been impressive at RB this season so far.

Pie in the sky stuff. Klopp hasn't bought in January, yet, at Liverpool.

Poor transfer window so far. No two ways about it.

I need to keep my positivity going, can't be letting the transfers affect it.
    I'm looking forward to this season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭splashthecash

Seriously, how can there be no movement/closure on any CB whatsoever...it beggars belief. Whatever about Lemar, our top half of the pitch is pretty peachy but Jesus..the back is riddled with problems...a PL manager not seeing that is worrying. There only ever seems to be a Plan A....with no Plan Bs or Cs in place...??

• Registered Users Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭Lord Trollington

Not disappointed with not getting VVD, just disappointed despite shipping 42 goals last season we haven't really strengthened our defence and let Sakho and Lucas leave

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Paul Joyce tweeted that pints might be free tonight. Be sure to blame him in the morning when they're not.

Wonder how many David Thompson had on board with his tweets earlier.

Jaysus, if you know nothing, say nothing.

Grujic and or Gomez, neither of whom played any PL minutes (IIRC) last season are more than capable of playing the amount of CB that Lucas played last year.

Between them they have how many PL CB minutes played?

Get to January and

You work in PR don't you?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Have to start some time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

I'd assume if we get into a state like last season where we needed Lucas at CB we'll use Gomez.
    Isn't Gomez supposed to be a CB by trade?
    I thought he was only filling in LB when he first played for us..

Turtyturd wrote: »
    Paul Joyce tweeted that pints might be free tonight. Be sure to blame him FSG in the morning when they're not.

Fixed that for ya!

I don't think loans would be something Klopp would be interested in (rightly or wrongly). Seems like a guy who wants to develop players that are here for the long term.

Steven Caulker says hello.

eyerer wrote: »
    Isn't Gomez supposed to be a CB by trade?
    I thought he was only filling in LB when he first played for us..

Yeah he is a CB. I'm sure he'll get plenty of minutes there in the cups this season and maybe he'll earn himself a start in the league.

Can't get on the pitch with the strength in depth we have in defence ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Probably our best side?

Mane
    Firmino
    Salah

Coutiniho

Can
    Henderson

Milner--Lovren----Matip---Clyne

Mignolet

Subs:

Attack: Sturridge, Solanke, Ings

Midfield: Wijnaldum, Ox, Lallana

Defence: Gomez, Trent Alexander-Arnold, Klavan, Moreno, Robertson

Thoughts: Disappointing that we have only made one improvement to the first 11, particularly in defence. We will continue to ship goals as a result. Our bench is significantly stronger though. Lallana, Ox and Wijnaldum can all fill in in a number of positions. Have Can ahead of them all on current form though.

Robertson will be our best LB I'd say. We'll almost never see Milner there this season barring injuries to the other two.

Also I still think when all our midfielders are fit we shouldn't start Can and Henderson together, bring Gini/Lallana/Ox in for one of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭messinkiapina

We're a single injury (Matip) away from a defensive crisis. Even if one of Lovren/Klaven, gets injured we're in big trouble. What the f*** is wrong with the people running the club?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,199 ✭✭✭Talisman

Grujic would be an absolute liability as a central defender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yep. Liverpool are now in a worse state defensively than they were at the start of last season and the defensive problems of last season arguably cost the club a title challenge.

Yep. Liverpool are now in a worse state defensively than they were at the start of last season and the defensive problems of last season arguably cost the club a title challenge.

How so? We kept the same CBs and upgraded our fullbacks. We're not far better but I can't understand how we're somehow worse off.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

How are they worse now??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

How so? We kept the same CBs and upgraded our fullbacks. We're not far better but I can't understand how we're somehow worse off.

Sakho - arguably the best defender at the club is gone. So is Lucas, the only genuine defensive midfielder and someone who could slot in at centre-back at a pinch.

Grujic at centre back?! The guys an attacking midfielder.... would be a disaster at centre back.

Sakho - arguably the best defender at the club is gone. So is Lucas, the only genuine defensive midfielder and someone who could slot in at centre-back at a pinch.

Sakho played 0 games for us last season. Lucas started ahead of Klavan for some reason last season, in reality he's no better than him.

You work in PR don't you?

Ha no, but the older I get (I'm not even old!) the less and less football gets me annoyed.
    We'll play good ball this year, back in the Champions League and will be in and around the top few teams this year so nothing to be stressed about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,503 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Sign Lemar! FCUKING SIGN LEMAR!

What a goal he's just scored in fairness.

Can't get on the pitch with the strength in depth we have in defence ;)

I hope that continues to be the case, for grujic anyway.
    Gomez might be good to great yet at CB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,296 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Lemar just scored a cracking volley.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement