Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2017/2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,489 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Twitter is full of cryarses from the little I've seen, I assume similar in here from some people? I haven't read any updates from the last few hours.

I'm disappointed we didn't sign a centre back, but that's the main gap in our business. I can't understand why there wasn't more than one CB that was deemed could improve our options, but we'll just have to outscore everyone it seems. I'm not going to plumb the depths of childishness I've seen elsewhere (brave twitter threats to owners, massive over reactions, etc). Life is too short for that crap.

Barkley rejects Chelsea, no one wants to play for The Conte

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

jbt123 wrote: »
    Get your claws out....

I actually wish we would sign Johnny Evans.....

Discuss.
    Why?

Why would we do that?

Why would we sign a defender who is poor at the basic things that we need defenders to do?

Like defend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Turtyturd wrote: »
    F*ck off Johnny.

tumblr_m6k08eFmdU1r3pm54.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Any of his calibre of player that goes there for payday it has been a downturn in their career

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭One_Of_Shanks

Barkley is as over-rated as they come. A glorified hatchet-man.

Bonkers that Conte would even consider him.

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭jbt123

Why?

Why would we do that?

Why would we sign a defender who is poor at the basic things that we need defenders to do?

Like defend?

I'd have him as upgrade on Klavan and pretty much on a par with Lovren..

Would be a decent signing for cover over a long season and could definitely do a job for us...

• Administrators Posts: 54,112 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Why?

Why would we do that?

Like defend?

Johnny Evans is a very good player, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,188 ✭✭✭mosstin

That's a pretty poor window for us overall, I think. Staggering that we haven't addressed defensive issues.
    Anyway, I just hope that every time we do make a defensive mistake between now and Christmas, we don't have to listen to the usuals on here referencing this transfer window.
    It was a mistake not to strengthen the defence, sure, but we won't need to be constantly reminded about it.

awec wrote: »
    Johnny Evans is a very good player, I'd take him in a heartbeat.

All about opinions I suppose. But jaysus

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,953 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

mosstin wrote: »
    That's a pretty poor window for us overall, I think. Staggering that we haven't addressed defensive issues.
    Anyway, I just hope that every time we do make a defensive mistake between now and Christmas, we don't have to listen to the usuals on here referencing this transfer window.
    It was a mistake not to strengthen the defence, sure, but we won't need to be constantly reminded about it.

We could be winning 8-0 and there'd still be calls of FSG out if we concede to make it 8-1.

All about opinions I suppose. But jaysus

There is a reason that Alex Ferguson kept Evans at Man Utd and it wasn't because he was a bad defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

I hope Coutinho can be re-integrated pretty quick & give us one more year.

Faking injury like he did is disgraceful though & will leave a stain on his Liverpool career.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

Can't believe we haven't bought a centre back. Madness. A couple of injuries and we're in big trouble. Think I'll do a Liverpool on it and go to bed before the window closes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

Explanation on Sky is that he changed his mind halfway through the medical and ****ed off. Merson was asked to give his thoughts and says well you can't live in Liverpool all your life.

So many lols

breaking.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Sky Sports: no official bid for VVD was submitted. Well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,395 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

That's so funny as they did neither of the things you are attributing to them.

Well they are not issuing official statements but word is getting out from the club to journalists that they are going to spend x, y and z. Much like word got out from the club saying VVD wants to come to Liverpool which only served to piss off Southampton.

Either way all it does is antagonise the fanbase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

mosstin wrote: »

No chance Ricero is passing up the opportunity to constantly blame FSG for Klopp not being able to recruit a CB with the money FSG made available to him.

• Advertisement

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

I find this absolutely bizarre to be honest.

I am hoping news does emerge in the next few days that we did go after some sort of centre back even if it wasn't VVD, because to not even bother just doesn't add up. We are really obviously deficient in this area of the squad.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Are you shocked? Once the tapping up became public Liverpool were never going to initiate proceedings while Soton's high price became a hard-line "statement of intent" stance as the fanbase got riled by the possibility of losing their best player for the nth window in a row. It's worked.

Looks like Everton are disappointed on Barkley changing his mind on the move to Chelsea.
    According to Farhad Moshiri (Majority Shareholder)

So those SFR lads in France are reporting Liverpool are still trying to get Lemar done today. Id it's somehow true we can get something like a 2 hour deadline extension. I'm not really expecting anything but it's nice to hope.

Coutinho absolutely has to stay now and will have to integrate back into the squad, we are going to need him.

The defence is a major worry. We coped last year but we had no european football and had an early FA cup exit. Given you would hope we make it out of this group and get further in the FA cup than the fourth round you are talking an extra 10 games at least, with 2 or 3 games a week in many cases. We won't get away with playing Lovren and Matip every week, there'll have to be way more rotation throughout the squad this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

So those SFR lads in France are reporting Liverpool are still trying to get Lemar done today. Id it's somehow true we can get something like a 2 hour deadline extension. I'm not really expecting anything but it's nice to hope.

Lemar confirmed, it's your neck on the line if that deal collapses now!

I did wonder if Lemar would be announced after the France game....!

https://twitter.com/GFFN/status/903372224371068929
    Breaking | Thomas Lemar to Canal + on his future: "Only myself, my club's representatives & my agents know." http://bit.ly/2017DDay
    10:41 PM - Aug 31, 2017

Weirdest news of the day, Babel signs for Newcastle

DIlrDXyXUAEL-Rh.jpg

Are you shocked? Once the tapping up became public Liverpool were never going to initiate proceedings while Soton's high price became a hard-line "statement of intent" stance as the fanbase got riled by the possibility of losing their best player for the nth window in a row. It's worked.

Yes, I am. Dude was training on his own and had made it clear he wanted to move. Offer £70m for **** sake.

No chance Ricero is passing up the opportunity to constantly blame FSG for Klopp not being able to recruit a CB with the money FSG made available to him.

Or just make some attempt at fixing what has been our main problem for the last five years or so.

We cant still rely on out scoring teams in the bottom half of the table and think thats the way forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,710 ✭✭✭54and56

That's so funny as they did neither of the things you are attributing to them.

Well they are not issuing official statements but word is getting out from the club to journalists that they are going to spend x, y and z. Much like word got out from the club saying VVD wants to come to Liverpool which only served to piss off Southampton.

Either way all it does is antagonise the fanbase.

"Word is getting out"??? You actually believe journalists who quote (completely made up) anonomous sources and then you get angry at the party who have had stories made up about them?

Ricero is a young lad in school, I can kind of understand his naievity but I had you pegged as being an adult!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

What an awfully anti climatic transfer window. I hope Klopp knows what he's doing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

People seem to be having a hard time separating their own expectations from what the club were likely to do and are then getting upset that the club didn't meet their silly expectations.

I find this absolutely bizarre to be honest.

I am hoping news does emerge in the next few days that we did go after some sort of centre back even if it wasn't VVD, because to not even bother just doesn't add up. We are really obviously deficient in this area of the squad.

I wouldn't be at all surprised.

Why would you apologise to a club and then start throwing in late bids on deadline day?
    They knew the money was there if they wanted and they were told we'd only bid again if they were willing to negotiate but they took the same stance that we took with Coutinho.
    Fair enough.

Turtyturd wrote: »
    People seem to be having a hard time separating their own expectations from what the club were likely to do and are then getting upset that the club didn't meet their silly expectations.

Yeah, it was silly to think we'd improve our Defense in this window. So silly. Good lad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Vicxas wrote: »
    What an awfully anti climatic transfer window. I hope Klopp knows what he's doing

leave your phone on in case he needs some advice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

"Word is getting out"??? You actually believe journalists who quote (completely made up) anonomous sources and then you get angry at the party who have had stories made up about them?

Ricero is a young lad in school, I can kind of understand his naievity but I had you pegged as being an adult!

the more "information" made available the more gullible people seem to get

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,294 ✭✭✭LiamoSail

MD1990 wrote: »
    I hope Coutinho can be re-integrated pretty quick & give us one more year.

Faking injury like he did is disgraceful though & will leave a stain on his Liverpool career.

I wonder what Klopp's attitude will be towards him?

He was fairly unforgiving with Sahko and Coutinho did have a personal dig at Klopp. That said, he didn't seem to begrudge Sahin, Lewondowski (sp) or Gotze when they wanted out at BVB.

Klopp's attitude at the press conference when questioned could be interpreted as him being fed up with the player, or as him disagreeing with the club's intent on keeping a player who wants to progress his career.

I've no idea either way

Klopp taking the long view
    Southampton would not entertain negotiations with Liverpool for Van Dijk. Rather than seek an alternative centre-back, Klopp sought to wait for the player he really wants and follow a long-term plan, will revive their interest in Van Dijk in January, or even wait until next summer.- Bascombe (telegraph.co.uk)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,504 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Just announce Lemar already, we all know it's happening.

tenor.gif

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just announce Lemar already, we all know it's happening.

tenor.gif

Jay Spearing?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

7 clean sheets in the last 9 league games. Be grand. What could possibly go wrong? Milner is probably our 5th choice centre half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Klopp taking the long view

It's not great for now, but good to see that Klopp is planning for the long term future.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Vicxas wrote: »

He knows what he is doing. He is only signing players he wants. He is obviously in it for the long haul and is confident he will get vvd eventually. He really wanted keita and he got him. Him giving moreno gametime worries me and the fact he didn't go all out to sign a keeper is also a major concern for me, moreso than a cb. However we are making progress and I reckon if people are patient he will bring trophies. With all that has gone on we have still managed to start the season well. 7 pts and a place in the group stages. With 2 unbelievable attacking displays in our last 2 games. If we keep coutinho its a decent window.

There is a reason that Alex Ferguson kept Evans at Man Utd and it wasn't because he was a bad defender.

I'd hazard a wild guess that if you asked him to name the top 20 defenders he worked with that Evans wouldn't even cross his mind.

But anyway, like I said all about opinions fella. Yer entitled to yours.

• Advertisement

Right its over, 11 bells.

giphy.gif

Wait, so did Sakho not get sold?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,213 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Thank **** it's all over,now we can concentrate on the football

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.