Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DLing Win 10 iso to USB stick?

Options
  • 14-08-2017 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭

Long story short my PC is caput and need a fresh install....I have a digital license copy, but never made a back up copy of windows......my question is it possible to download 10 from any other PC to a USB stick with Microsoft tool and install it on mine?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Long story short my PC is caput and need a fresh install....I have a digital license copy, but never made a back up copy of windows......my question is it possible to download 10 from any other PC to a USB stick with Microsoft tool and install it on mine?

yep it will work fine..done it loads of times

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Good stuff....now to find a donor PC...would internet cafes allow you to download by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Good stuff....now to find a donor PC...would internet cafes allow you to download by any chance?

I think they charge don't they.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Blazer wrote: »
    I think they charge don't they.

Isn't that why they exist? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Got it done, handy enough.....had initial problems loading onto my disks with MBR partitions could only use GPT but found a quick solution on utube

• Advertisement
Advertisement