Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

custody/primary carer rights

Options
  • 14-08-2017 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Could anyone please help me wit my issue. Maybe someone had similar issue

I am legally separated (judicial separation), joint custody but I am primary carer of our child.

My ex husband is very emotional abusive person and even after separation wants to have control of my life.

Constantly having issues with him when it comes to care of our son. It is extremely hard to communicate with him. Co-parenting is not possible, he is very demanding. I look after our child and organising school, after school, any paper work that needs to be done, worry about books, extra classes etc. The problem is my ex in not interested in doing any of this things. He is expecting me to do basically everything but of course for everything i need his permission.

My question is, what are my rights as a primary carer, do I have to have permission on everything from my ex? I feel like he wants to control my life and any times not allowing me to make changes in our child life just to proof me wrong ( for example change of after school).

I would go back to my solicitors but I am afraid of the costs.

I would appreciate any advice

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,769 ✭✭✭nuac

Mod
    Sorry cannot give legal advice on this forum
    If you cannot afford a solicitor you could apply for legal aid

Thread closed

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement