Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

G&G 418 Light

Options
  • 15-08-2017 12:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭

I bought a G&G 418 Light a few weeks ago. Had it chronoed and came in around .82 joule.
    What would I look to upgrade to increase the fps on the AEG?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

You actually would have around 20-25 fps to play with before you head over 328 fps ,
    If memory serves me correctly .82 joule is 300fps with a .20 bb ,you won't gain any real increase of performance with the extra 20fps ,
    But id be looking at hop up ,rubber and maybe an inner barrel ,
    Or look into flat hopping you will get extra and the ability to heavier bbs at better ranges ,

Thermo would be the man to ask on here he's an actual gun Wiz ,
    Where I tend to break mine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭deceit

Gatling wrote: »
    You actually would have around 20-25 fps to play with before you head over 328 fps ,
    If memory serves me correctly .82 joule is 300fps with a .20 bb ,you won't gain any real increase of performance with the extra 20fps ,
    But id be looking at hop up ,rubber and maybe an inner barrel ,
    Or look into flat hopping you will get extra and the ability to heavier bbs at better ranges ,

Thermo would be the man to ask on here he's an actual gun Wiz ,
    Where I tend to break mine
    Thanks for the tips, I think its closer to 260 so it would be a fair bit down. Its about 1/5th down on an M4 I have which is .99-1 joule.
    The cheaper M4 had much better range when had them both on sight.
    I was expecting being a toptech AEG it would run close to 1 joule and have high end parts.

Advertisement