Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Early night dancing

Options
  • 15-08-2017 6:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know of a place that is like a night club, or even a pub club, but would have atmosphere and dancing and be full early in the night, say by 8 or 9pm?
    Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I know places that would be mad busy by 8/9pm but I can't imagine there would be all that much dancing involved.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭fungun

ok thanks.....i couldnt find any myself. Guess they mightnt exist!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,824 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Realistically nowhere is ever going to be like that. People don't dance in Ireland until they're rather inebriated which doesn't happen for ages

There are very few places with a DJ on by 8 - although people will dance to piped in music, its not very common

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Diceys would probably be pretty full on at that time, not necessarily the nicest place in the world though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

L1011 wrote: »
    Realistically nowhere is ever going to be like that. People don't dance in Ireland until they're rather inebriated which doesn't happen for ages

There are very few places with a DJ on by 8 - although people will dance to piped in music, its not very common

I actuley think that is a missed business opportunity for some bar, particularly an up market bar cocktail type place why not have a DJ set from say 8 to 10 then a brake and another set from 11, Not everybody want to stay out all hours.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 2,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Oink

Yeah good luck. I looked for a place like that throughout my twenties and thirties. I'd be full of beans and rearing to go from 7:00 and I'd have to sit there and watch people drink through the quality DJ set until 10:30 or so, when they'd start the 80's crap for people to dance.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭tracey turnblad

I was gonna say diceys too and it's €2 a drink before ten on a Friday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭MartyMcFly84

There is a bar beside the "Heineken" building (dont know the real name) on O'Connell bridge that does lots of latin dancing. Latin people love to dance, so they start much earlier and have a great time.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,824 ✭✭✭✭L1011

River Bar. O'Connell Bridge House.

I did actually see dancing there at about 8pm one Wednesday evening but assumed it was a class.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

Any of the kipholes in Temple Bar would have people raring to go especially if it's the weekend and you're into/can tolerate trad.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,872 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Taphouse in Ranelagh has a DJ from 7pm on Fridays.

Advertisement