Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eye Test Limerick

• 15-08-2017 7:58am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I am looking for eye test where they can provide me the result of my prescription.
    Specs saver checks them for you but they are not providing the results and they don't have huge variety of frames.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Imallrightjack

Hi,
    I am looking for eye test where they can provide me the result of my prescription.
    Specs saver checks them for you but they are not providing the results and they don't have huge variety of frames.

If you paid spec savers for the test.surely they have to give you the results if you ask.i know i asked for mine a few years back and they gave it to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

In the past that used to be the case but now they refuse and ask you to get the glasses from them.
    So i am looking for other options.
    If you paid spec savers for the test.surely they have to give you the results if you ask.i know i asked for mine a few years back and they gave it to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,523 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That must be a new development. I got the numbers off them last year (and you have to specifically ask for pupil distance because they don't provide it otherwise).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭Imallrightjack

There are plenty of opticians that will give it to you in Limerick, once you've paid for it I'm sure of it.hartmans to name one.
    If i went in to specsavers and had paid money to have the test done i assure you i would be leaving with the results.
    Tell them your gp/ consultant wants to see them?would that work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Arbie

Hi, I am looking for eye test where they can provide me the result of my prescription. Specs saver checks them for you but they are not providing the results and they don't have huge variety of frames.

You are absolutely entitled to the results, even if they did the test for free. If they refuse, you can ask for the reason in writing and tell them you will refer the matter to the Association of Optometrists and the relevant consumer agency. Don't let them away with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

It is 50 euro for a copy of the results in the one on Cruises Street, or free if you buy some glasses (not including medical card)

It is a new development. Even in Tipperary specs saver also.
    What's pupil distance? Will they give report if i say this term?
    Mr E wrote: »
    That must be a new development. I got the numbers off them last year (and you have to specifically ask for pupil distance because they don't provide it otherwise).

I checked Hartmans now and will ring them to check the prices today.
    There are plenty of opticians that will give it to you in Limerick, once you've paid for it I'm sure of it.hartmans to name one.
    If i went in to specsavers and had paid money to have the test done i assure you i would be leaving with the results.
    Tell them your gp/ consultant wants to see them?would that work?

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭SeanElec1

I can recommend Fines opticians, corner of mallow street, very cautious and experienced owner, 
    also Rebecca Leahy on O'Connell avenue.
    Specsavers made a poor measurement of my eyesight and prescribed a full +1.0 over what I am now using.

How are Vision2optician?
    SeanElec1 wrote: »
    I can recommend Fines opticians, corner of mallow street, very cautious and experienced owner, 
    also Rebecca Leahy on O'Connell avenue.
    Specsavers made a poor measurement of my eyesight and prescribed a full +1.0 over what I am now using.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,240 ✭✭✭black & white

I've been going to Hartmans since the late 70's, always had excellent service and I would recommend them.

What's pupil distance? Will they give report if i say this term?

Yes. It's the distance between the centre of your pupils - you can measure it yourself with a ruler and a mirror (or with someone's help!)

You need PD if ordering from Zenni Optical or one of those kinds of online glasses vendors.

Ok. But how is PD linked with getting your report?
    Mr E wrote: »
    Yes. It's the distance between the centre of your pupils - you can measure it yourself with a ruler and a mirror (or with someone's help!)

You need PD if ordering from Zenni Optical or one of those kinds of online glasses vendors.

Specsavers don't give it to you unless you ask for it.

They give you values for the Sphere (SPH), Cylinder (CYL), the Axis (AXIS) and the ADD (Reading Addition)
    They give those numbers for each eye.

You need the pupil distance (PD) if you want to order glasses online.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭iora_rua

I've been going to Hartmans since the late 70's, always had excellent service and I would recommend them.

+ 1 for Hartmans - good service and selection of frames, although maybe not the cheapest!

Thanks.
    Will make an appointment there for next week.
    iora_rua wrote: »
    + 1 for Hartmans - good service and selection of frames, although maybe not the cheapest!

Advertisement